Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

logikv9 posted:

but if this thread is wrong.... how can that statement be correct??

trump will be president for at least a month

*prays*

"Sickkk Movez" Edweird Bawlz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

He never did release his tax returns hahaha

No on has any idea what he's doing . Good great

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
"I just don't understand how a Modi supporter could cozy up to Trump..." said the person very plugged into politics.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

turns out people like power and money

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Bushiz posted:

This can't be overstated how much these people live in an information bubble and that almost nobody is even trying to pierce that bubble. My MIL is a hardcore trump voter but it only takes about twenty five minutes of conversation for her to agree that we live in a carceral state that is institutionally racist, that we need a policy of sweeping amnesty, and to increase the amount of refugees we're taking from the middle east. Of course if someone doesn't engage with her about it on a regular basis she falls back into "build the wall" chants.

My folks are the sort whose homepage was RaptureReady dot com, believe that liberals (especially Obama and Clinton) are possessed by demons, the being gay is a mental illness/choice, that Jesus will come back and so climate change can never be all that bad, etc. Engaging them doesn't work. :smith:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Karl Sharks posted:

...poo poo how much influence does trump have on compensation for public employees? like surely it's set by congress but lol gently caress he's gonna try and art of the deal them into taking a pittance because of THE DEBT OMG CHYNA

Salary schedules for everyone

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

quote:

I felt it important to take the opportunity to meet with the President-elect now before the drumbeats of war that neocons have been beating drag us into an escalation of the war to overthrow the Syrian government—a war which has already cost hundreds of thousands of lives and forced millions of refugees to flee their homes in search of safety for themselves and their families."

Gabbard said that while the "rules of political expediency" would suggest she not take a meeting with the president-elect, she refuses to "play politics" with American and Syrian lives.

“I will continue to seek common ground to deliver results that best serve all Americans, as I have tried to do during my time in Congress," she said.

She added that while she will not hesitate to express any disagreement with Trump, she believes they can come together on some issues.

"We cannot allow continued divisiveness to destroy our country," she said.
Gabbard told Trump she opposes a no-fly or safe zone in Syria, calling it "disastrous" for the Syrian people and the U.S.

"please don't kill syrains" = VOWS ETERNAL LOYALTY TO DONALD J TRUMP

still dumb though

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
#TheRenegadesOfFUCK

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

Yinlock posted:

yea i don't like gabbard anyway but this won't change my mind either way

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Yinlock posted:

still dumb though

yea Trump is gonna for sure be nice to Syrians, and it's those dastardly neocons that are gonna drag him kicking and screaming...

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Tatum Girlparts posted:

"I just don't understand how a Modi supporter could cozy up to Trump..." said the person very plugged into politics.

she surfs tho

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

Tatum Girlparts posted:

It was because he speaks Hindi of course

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
*hangs 10, plus their immediate family*

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

euphronius posted:

reminder that there's no legal requirement for sitting presidents to hand them over either

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Another dumb feature of this thread is thinking everyones gonna walk out of these meetings going FUUUUCK THISSSS GUYYYYYY. At best (as he is wont to do) you're gonna get Bernie Sanders' "we'll work with him if he wants to do good poo poo, if not then prepare to get complained at". This is still DC you dummies it's not an internet forum full of leftist ironic suicide fans. Screaming YOU LIE from the balcony is still supposed to be an idiotic thing to do, even at the labrador haired toddler with a handgun.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

reminder that there's no legal requirement for sitting presidents to hand them over either

All those audits ?? They are done

He won big league

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
you can't audit my company if i dissolve the IRS - donald j. trump, president of the united states of america

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Another dumb feature of this thread is thinking everyones gonna walk out of these meetings going FUUUUCK THISSSS GUYYYYYY. At best (as he is wont to do) you're gonna get Bernie Sanders' "we'll work with him if he wants to do good poo poo, if not then prepare to get complained at". This is still DC you dummies it's not an internet forum full of leftist ironic suicide fans. Screaming YOU LIE from the balcony is still supposed to be an idiotic thing to do, even at the labrador haired toddler with a handgun.

I agree with you in general, but Gabbard is up for a job in the Trump White House, so this is a little different.

kibaces
Jul 11, 2016

Lum_ posted:

It was because he speaks Hindi of course

You need the video for full effect
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5kfC_VCXeQ

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Montasque posted:

I agree with you in general, but Gabbard is up for a job in the Trump White House, so this is a little different.

yea he wasn't floatin Bernie as any kind of position, so yea no poo poo he's gonna smile and nod and say 'well I'm gonna hold him to some of those promises he made'.

There would have been nothing at all wrong socially with Gabbard saying 'I have no desire to join the Trump administration, I can serve my state better in congress holding Trump accountable to the American people' or whatever.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
https://twitter.com/Olivianuzzi/status/800787490349125632

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

woulda been cool if she did this, ya know, during the election instead of having a huggy 'reunion' with him after he sic'd his lunatics on her.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Also the Trumptwitter is in love with Gabbard right now. They love her calling out Neocons.

Trump supporters don't see Assad or Russia as a threat, and want to work with them to take out ISIS.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

Tatum Girlparts posted:

woulda been cool if she did this, ya know, during the election instead of having a huggy 'reunion' with him after he sic'd his lunatics on her.

well now she has a book to plug

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/BillKristol/status/800788138083885056

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

How does the Bill Kristol Is Always Wrong rule deal with sarcasm?

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Montasque posted:

Also the Trumptwitter is in love with Gabbard right now. They love her calling out Neocons.

Trump supporters don't see Assad or Russia as a threat, and want to work with them to take out ISIS.

It is good to be friends with Russia

kibaces
Jul 11, 2016

yeah gently caress these people for trying to negotiate a ceasefire. I'm sure the people in aleppo (what?) want a decent climatic last stand

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

euphronius posted:

Fun fact: the Access Hollywood tape from 2005 got Billy Bush fired from the Today show, but it didn't stop Trump from getting elected President.

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Montasque posted:

despite all this poo poo from this election, I still don't see how people are so god damned worried about ISIS.

Yeah, terrorist attacks happen. but if you're using terrorist attacks it shows an inherent weakness!

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

docbeard posted:

How does the Bill Kristol Is Always Wrong rule deal with sarcasm?

I feel confident that the Bill Kristol rule is consistent across all dimensions and multiverses

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

I tried watching an interview with her about her new book. Most if it is just making GBS threads on entitled millennials because she fought for everything she has. Oddly there's no mention of how she magically became pro-maternity leave after having a kid, the same way she accuses millennials of being demanding.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/800789668308586496

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Isis is part of the right wing narrative where Islam is taking over the world and killing Christians everywhere and the Muslim obama founded Isis

Btw trump literally said obama founded Isis

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Louisgod posted:

I feel confident that the Bill Kristol rule is consistent across all dimensions and multiverses

when Bill Kristol joined the Dems in saying Hillary was going to win, that should have let us all know what was going to happen.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

William Bear posted:

Fun fact: the Access Hollywood tape from 2005 got Billy Bush fired from the Today show, but it didn't stop Trump from getting elected President.

a guttural scream that tears my vocal chords to bloody sinews is happening in my head, right now

I should just make a macro that types this sentence, gonna be using it a lot I feel

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/21/us/many-in-milwaukee-neighborhood-didnt-vote-and-dont-regret-it.html

"They're both the same" say minorities in Milwaukee, as the first black female AG gets replaced by a segregationist who put a person who was helping black people register to vote in jail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

Montasque posted:

As a counterpoint it's entirely possible that she sees a potential position in the Trump administration as a tiny little door on the 7 1/2 story of an office building.

But who knows maybe she's angling to invade Pakistan. Nothing matters lol.

• Locked thread