Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

well uh

paul tonko 2020 i guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KRock
Aug 13, 2007
College Slice

Fulchrum posted:

What the hell does competitive have to do with anything? As for divisive, the rock bottom turnout among Sanders demographics say that's BS.
So your argument is that all publicity is good publicity, that getting paid attention to is the only thing that matters.

How much of that media attention was on The GOP as a whole, and how much was just on Trump getting $3 billion in free advertising? How would that have helped them if literally anyone else got the nomination?

Sander's demoghrics...meaning, young people? Youth turnout was roughly on par with 2012.

I have no desire to go back and forth on this. I was pointing out that the 2016 Dem primary was abnormal for having so few candidates. I merely wish for the Dem primaries to feature a more traditional field of 8-9 candidates in 2020. The candidates thrashed each other in 2008 (far more so than Clinton and Sanders thrashed each other in 2016, in my view) and it clearly didn't prevent Obama from winning. There's no need to fear the candidates roughing each other up a bit.

Was there any other actual reason to support Gabbard besides her having nice things to say about Sanders? Please tell me goons weren't that gullible..

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

KRock posted:

Please tell me goons weren't that gullible..

Lol

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Badger of Basra posted:

not even my machine democrat friends from new york like cuomo so i don't think you need to worry

That's cause Cuomo mostly works with republicans. Like literally. He prefers to work with congressional republicans.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

KRock posted:

Was there any other actual reason to support Gabbard besides her having nice things to say about Sanders? Please tell me goons weren't that gullible..

it's mostly a case of who the gently caress else are they gonna run

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I played a lot of Command & Conquer in the 90s, can I apply to be SecDef

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Cubey posted:

Probably a young progressive politician who got into politics around when Obama become President. No need to 'anoint' someone right now.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

FuturePastNow posted:

I played a lot of Command & Conquer in the 90s, can I apply to be SecDef

invest heavily into a weather control device

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

trump is willing to put any hot babes who hate muslims in his cabinet

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Cubey posted:

probably some dead rabbits we can run who are better candidates than tulsi gabbard. at least they don't hate muslims

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

Concerned Citizen posted:

probably some dead rabbits we can run who are better candidates than tulsi gabbard. at least they don't hate muslims

:ironicat:

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
You know what else supported Bernie Sanders? West Virginia.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Fulchrum posted:

Yep. Because he offered economic policy.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Fulchrum posted:

manchin 2020

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

is this before or after he switches to a republican?

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes
lol Tulsi is dead politically in 2020 or even 2024 if Muslim registry becomes a thing now

she's already on record as rightish on that issue and that meeting with Trump is prob gonna sink her if the registry if an issue in 4 years

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
How about that Kamala Harris person, then?

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes
whoa since when did the dems have so many hot women

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

LMAO @ people that were in favor of a pro-Muslim genocide politician just because she praised St. Bernard.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Jesus Christ Tulsi

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
save us.... duckworth??

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

lets run... errr... *reaches in pocket, yanks out nothing but fabric, lint, and comical fluttering moths*

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

*frantically checks notes*

i'm fired up for...sherrod brown?

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

jimmy carter is still alive

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
i'm still all in for wesley clark

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
The D-list Democrats will be the only ones showing an interest in 2020, so I wouldn't rule out a Mark Cuban, or even Bloomberg nomination. They have name recognition and can self-fund, which will already carry them 99% of the way to the nomination. They will lose hopelessly in a general election, but the nomination is wide open for a gimmick candidate.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

TyrantWD posted:

The D-list Democrats will be the only ones showing an interest in 2020, so I wouldn't rule out a Mark Cuban, or even Bloomberg nomination. They have name recognition and can self-fund, which will already carry them 99% of the way to the nomination. They will lose hopelessly in a general election, but the nomination is wide open for a gimmick candidate.

i don't think the situation is quite that dire. the democratic party largely lacks superstars with a lot of prominence right now, but 3 years is a long time in politics. a lot of stars emerged in the struggle against george w. bush, and a lot of stars will emerge in the struggle against donald trump.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Karl Barks posted:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

in the worst case we can run a left-wing entertainer. maybe will ferrell/lena dunham 2020?

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

oprah would unironically get a 320 ev landslide

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Condiv posted:

in the worst case we can run a left-wing entertainer. maybe will ferrell/lena dunham 2020?

Democratic Presidential Nominee Linn-Manuel Miranda :suicide:

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Condiv posted:

it's finally time for michael moore

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

forums poster karl barks

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Karl Barks posted:

He supported William Calley.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Karl Barks posted:

forums poster karl barks

i can get behind your pro-karl platform

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Karl Sharks posted:

i can get behind your pro-karl platform

you can be vp or maybe we can just switch out president spot depending on how we are feeling, karls 2020

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Karl Barks posted:

you can be vp or maybe we can just switch out president spot depending on how we are feeling, karls 2020

barks/sharks or sharks/barks 2020

a karl in every home

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
A shbark in every pot, a karl in every garage

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

GlyphGryph posted:

A shbark in every pot, a karl in every garage

please do not eat the sharks/barks :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment