Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cowboybot
Sep 27, 2007
On a steel horse I ride
So, I've been playing the last few weeks with the chaps in Goonintide as CPT Swearword, and I have to say, playing with actual decent people is fun as poo poo. Don't get me wrong, one of the first times I played, either I was called a loving idiot due to a lovely tome placement on a cata/nightmare run. We laughed it off, he shot me in the had 3 times on the lift down, and we were right as rain.

Play with us, Kill Rats, Get hats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Can Kerillian's bows get Rupture?

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Night10194 posted:

If Rupure is extra target penetration, then I believe yes, at least on the longbow and swiftbow.

Well, I knocked out the double quest from yesterday for nightmare rat ogres in that one drachenfel map, and I've been thinking about how I want to spend my orange ore. I've got good to great orange weapons for my dwarf (He's got the warhammer with +heal on slay, extra powerful shoves, and something else I forget that is his mainstay, as well as a ammo scavenger heal on charge attack Hammer+shield, and then a set of orange drakefires and an orange master crafted crossbow, not the most ideal, but certainly not explicitly bad) and good elf weapons (orage sword+dagger, blue longbow with good modifiers). I picked up an orange greatsword for Kruber last night that does hellish work so he's sitting pretty. My problem areas are the Witch Hunter who uses a blue rapier and pistol brace, both good weapons but 2x blue is kind of meh for nightmare - and the wizard, for whom has a blue flaming sword and either an orange beam staff or orange fireball staff, all of which seem either anemic or downright not great in nightmare. I'm having problems deciding if I want to random up a new witch hunter weapon in general or try my luck and spend the extra ore to roll a wizard melee weapon or something.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Night10194 posted:

her trueflight and hagbanes can't but her others can

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Night10194 posted:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gmvGJKYfT5BfbKhvd4hQRPulfPrtlkMlOYBvj3wpJjc/edit#gid=1359083408

None of her bows have Rupture. Even Verminguide's thing is not showing any. I never learned, however, if the Altar uses only a handful of traits on already existing weapons to apply to one or has its own thing going on and can maybe put Rupture on them.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

So if you still don't have the proud star of soviet sisters it's on the board again today for chance #3

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

The grudgeraker feels like a worse blunderbuss. Reloading overlaps with weapon switch animation, and mastercrafted blunderbuss only reloads as fast as the switch animation. Also I swear it has build in penetration which is the rake doesn't seem to have.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
I'm still studying these damage spreadsheets but they purposefully only list damage per hit, not attack speed or DPS. Is there numerical data somewhere on weapon attack speeds? It would help me make sense of the difference between Elf weapons - I know the game lists different speeds for her various stabby-thing choices but I've learned not to trust the game's stat bars since discovering green weapons don't actually gain damage over whites. Plus, I'm obviously an autist who would prefer hard numbers.

Also the sheets claim Raker has target penetration (taking, again, "8*2" to mean eight rats wide and two rats deep per blast), but the blunderbuss does not.

Digirat you are cool and your avatar and text are cool. Do you ever check out the military history threat in Ask/Tell? You'd learn so much about Kruber's historical inspirations from HEY GAL in there.

SuperKlaus fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Nov 22, 2016

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

This gate popped up in front of the packmaster who was carrying me through an impenetrable mass of rats and possibly saved the grimoire

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

8x2 is probably 8 pellets for two shots in its mag

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Digirat posted:

This gate popped up in front of the packmaster who was carrying me through an impenetrable mass of rats and possibly saved the grimoire

Also we were wearing the Star so that gate may have saved two people.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I never found any of the shotguns especially useful because that's what my giant hammer is for, smashing a bunch of guys at close range.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

They clean up on Easy.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Night10194 posted:

I never found any of the shotguns especially useful because that's what my giant hammer is for, smashing a bunch of guys at close range.

It's for surgically removing gutter runners from your team mates. Sure, its a dangerous and risky procedure that will wipe off a good chunk of their health, but they don't know what's happening.

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

oh my god is that a circular saw that does not go in my mouth aaaaagh
That's why you bring a beam staff. All the shotgun goodness with no friendly fire.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

a fair amount of their issues would be cleared up if fatshark just gave them armor-piercing and reduced the weird nerf to their damage that they get when shooting ogres

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

and packmasters

honestly the packmaster thing bothers me more

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Lunethex, could you mod in just a single character from Left 4 Dead? Like louis, maybe? I think that would be pretty cool.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Coolguye posted:

and packmasters

honestly the packmaster thing bothers me more

lmao i forgot about that. why is that a thing

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

ever since I got that bolt staff I'm just running around spamming poo poo and everything dies everywhere and then I get 1st place on all the leaderboards for free (sometimes a trueflight kerillan can snag one or two leaderboard tabs) and everyone loves and praises me as if i was handing out free blowjobs

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
These are my sources:

Melee https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K_22AmKZtVd2nngEEPRxZau5AVgffiS5XMB34V5UnFY/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=897382659

Ranged https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=5D01AAFF8A5F360A!122766&ithint=file%2cxlsx&app=Excel&authkey=!AAaoFKUvNSfA_aE

"8*2" for Grudgeraker almost definitely is not eight shots and two in the mag because no other ranged weapon lists magazine size as part of Targets. Eight rats wide and two rats deep makes the most sense - a little play experience would probably confirm that but I'm away from my computer. The spreadsheet therefore also claims the blunderbuss is astonishingly terrible, with only being able to shoot three rats wide.

If any of this information is provably wrong or outdated I'd love to know, and I'd still like info on attack speeds for all weapons but especially melee.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I'll have to test it myself but that is way against my first impressions

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

They are both rear end weapons that could be immediately redeemed to the realm of competency with, as others have said countless times, armor piercing and the removal of the idiotic "resistant" enemy type

Like who in their right mind looked at the blunderbuss and grudge raker and said "these are too good at doing A Single Thing and we must intentionally code in a different enemy type to specifically nerf these weapons, and these alone"

If that change actually somehow made them OP then gently caress it, just nerf them next patch instead of waiting 4 months to do so like with the bolt staff (and they would still not even be in the same zip code as the current bolt staff if they had armor piercing and no "resistant" enemy).

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

At the absolute least the console release having armor piercing on both weapons strongly suggests that armor piercing is in the works for next patch. The people in that beta are under NDA but I really, really can't see why Fatshark would have the weapons out of sync between the two versions.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

armor piercing would actually give them at least some sort of niche even if shotguns are a little redundant in a game with good melee combat

Cowboybot
Sep 27, 2007
On a steel horse I ride
I'm happy to report that I was able to pick up the quest for the health pool share trinket. I will be ready to friendly fire everyone with fireball staff real soon.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Coolguye posted:

At the absolute least the console release having armor piercing on both weapons strongly suggests that armor piercing is in the works for next patch. The people in that beta are under NDA but I really, really can't see why Fatshark would have the weapons out of sync between the two versions.

Normally I'd agree but this is fatshark, so any expectations based on "it would make no sense to do it any other way" do not apply

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

I like how, even though the beta is done and you can't download it anymore, if you saved the files and repasted them into the install directory you could still play it just fine.

Fatshark.txt

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Cowboybot posted:

I'm happy to report that I was able to pick up the quest for the health pool share trinket. I will be ready to friendly fire everyone with fireball staff real soon.
remember that time yesterday when you me and sykic were playing last stand

sykic and i were playing last stand with the soviet stars, and our health got out of sync due to him getting healed by a health share while I was downed. When I got up, I was still bleeding out but he wasnt, and most of the rest of the game was Sienna losing her goddamn mind to Bardin's 'friendly fire' caused by him dribbling his guts on the floor

it owned

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
that bleed damage can and will kill your teammate if you are unsynched and white

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Hah, the same thing happened to me the other night too.

STOP BLEEDING YOU COWARDS

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

I wish I had a script to spam voice clips.

Anything by Saltzpyre is Gold.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Replacing the Regrowth on my Rapier with Bloodlust, Perfect Balance, Devastating Blow is about as close to perfect as I'm willing to keep spending materials to get.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Night10194 posted:

Replacing the Regrowth on my Rapier with Bloodlust, Perfect Balance, Devastating Blow is about as close to perfect as I'm willing to keep spending materials to get.

Killing Blow on the normal strike has been pretty hysterical to watch Sykic use, though unfortunately if you want that you can't also get Bloodlust (though Regrowth is still OK)

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I thought killing blow normal couldn't appear on the rapier?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

It not only can it's highest percentage is like 14%

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

So I know what I need to start rolling for now to get my witch hunter cataclysm weapon

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Coolguye posted:

Killing Blow on the normal strike has been pretty hysterical to watch Sykic use, though unfortunately if you want that you can't also get Bloodlust (though Regrowth is still OK)

Since I play only on Nightmare, where a headshot with the rapier beheads a clanrat in one, I can usually make sure I get at least one head per slash.

Which leads to the hilarity of this old scarecrow of a man with a tiny little sword reaping a harvest of skulls.

E: I'm also finding the rapier only takes 3 head-slashes on a Stormvermin to behead them, rather than 5 thrusts. Risky, but it works well if you keep them push-stunned with Devastating Blow and flail some to kill other rats nearby.

Night10194 fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Nov 23, 2016

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!

Coolguye posted:

It not only can it's highest percentage is like 14%

15% :colbert:. Ever since I got an orange volley crossbow, I just didn't see the point in having heroic killing blow on a rapier anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Night10194 posted:

E: I'm also finding the rapier only takes 3 head-slashes on a Stormvermin to behead them, rather than 5 thrusts. Risky, but it works well if you keep them push-stunned with Devastating Blow and flail some to kill other rats nearby.
if you have KB you just clink on their armor and they'll fall over

• Locked thread