Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

In Training posted:

Island scanner?

i think hes talking about the QR code thing, if you scan ten codes it will point out a rare pokemon on the island thats usually a starter once a day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/dailyevent.shtml

It depends on the day of the week and island you're on. There's only gen 2 and 5 starters.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

After spending most of the weekend searching for abras with the right natures, its time to begin.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
I wonder how easy Bottle Caps will be to get

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I think I'll add Araquanid to my team cause apparently its Water Bubble ability is overpowered as gently caress (It doubles water move power BEFORE STAB).

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

I think I'll add Araquanid to my team cause apparently its Water Bubble ability is overpowered as gently caress (It doubles water move power BEFORE STAB).

O_O

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This game is so tight and they've refined so much of the ancillary mechanics over the years that I finally did it...I googled what EVs are and what natures mean. This is a dark road

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

qnqnx posted:

After spending most of the weekend searching for abras with the right natures, its time to begin.

I used all 10 of the Ultra Balls that someone early in the game gives you to do this lol

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

In Training posted:

This game is so tight and they've refined so much of the ancillary mechanics over the years that I finally did it...I googled what EVs are and what natures mean. This is a dark road

:getin:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Stopped everything I'm doing to breed 20 salandits until I get a modest female

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

*sets the 3ds down* alright, i need a break

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/dailyevent.shtml

It depends on the day of the week and island you're on. There's only gen 2 and 5 starters.

I wonder if the gen 4 remakes are comingk out soon.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

In Training posted:

Good luck finding one.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

Good luck. If you get a dad with modest, give him an everstone and all of his kids should be modest too.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

Good luck finding one.

I couldn't even find a female one in the wild. I put a male and a ditto together but idk if that actually works

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Rustys guide to getting abras of every nature (theoretical because I assume breeding works the same as OR/AS):

1. Get a pokemon with Flame Body or Magma Armor ability (fletchinder on route 8 or level up a fletchling)

2. Get a Friendly Goon to trade you any male abra (optional but breeding pokemon from different trainers gives eggs faster)

3. Catch a female abra with Synchronize (females have 80% chance of passing down their ability)

4. Breed thise two bad boys, run around and hatch all the eggs with your flame body pokemon on your team. Good luck.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lol mimikyu. I must have one

Soral
May 30, 2009

In Training posted:

I couldn't even find a female one in the wild. I put a male and a ditto together but idk if that actually works

the child is the species of the mother except when its ditto and other special cases so youre probably good

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I like my team a lot right now and I'm only on island 3. I don't think I'm going to swap any of them out. Once I beat the game though... The Endless Breed begins yet again.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

I like my team a lot right now and I'm only on island 3. I don't think I'm going to swap any of them out. Once I beat the game though... The Endless Breed begins yet again.

I'm like halfway there. I wanted a cool ghost type and mimikyu is perfect, and I'll probably drop my starter but I have a personal promise to never do that until I've beaten the game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also I was hoping petilils evo would be cooler but it's kinda meh and still pure Grass so idk about hanging onto it.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I ended up ditching the owl. Something about Dartrix turns me off.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

So really Zubat was my starter and Crobat is great.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the fire starter learns the new 80 power leech life lol. owns

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

So does the Poison/Flying starter, Zubat.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

also, i ran into a Ditto. it turned into incineroar and one shotted half my team with dark lariot lmao. the next monster i ran into was a meteor pokemon that immediately used self-destruct

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Bobnumerotres posted:

also, i ran into a Ditto. it turned into incineroar and one shotted half my team with dark lariot lmao. the next monster i ran into was a meteor pokemon that immediately used self-destruct

Pounded in the Butt by my Own Incineroar

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

lol mimikyu. I must have one

im loving how difficult the bosses are getting

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
my old 3ds is running at about 5 FPS in the Battle Royal(e).

not that it matters, since i'm still level 20 and the AIs are all level 50... owned by not reading the rules

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the new 3ds also has major slowdowns on double battles. i wish you could turn off backgrounds lol

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

the new 3ds also has major slowdowns on double battles. i wish you could turn off backgrounds lol

PleasingFungus posted:

my old 3ds is running at about 5 FPS in the Battle Royal(e).

not that it matters, since i'm still level 20 and the AIs are all level 50... owned by not reading the rules

https://twitter.com/DocHobo/status/800460266047557632?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

At least they're ready for the Switch port lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

So you're saying Lightning will be in the Switch version

Soral
May 30, 2009

In Training posted:

So you're saying Lightning will be in the Switch version

the lightning pack will be coming to 3ds alongside the release of pokemon stars for the nintendo switch

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

that ivy guy posted:

Pounded in the Butt by my Own Incineroar

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

jesus lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I understand that they're making affection have more of an impact on the actual game but it's mildly weird when Pokemon glance at the screen and are like "Charjabug is thinking about the first time you met..."

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Soral posted:

the lightning pack will be coming to 3ds alongside the release of pokemon stars for the nintendo switch

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Do the Pokémon from the island scans ever SOS in more versions of themselves?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soral
May 30, 2009

i spent 4 or 5 turns false swiping a totodile earlier today to find that out and it didnt call for any help at all so i'm going to guess no but i may be wrong

• Locked thread