Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
she's seriously good and sells every dumb lovely line they give her with 100% sincerity and conviction

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pL3nDxxaW8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

She's probably the most underrated of the ones I like most in the show. Ginnifer Goodwin had a leading role on a pretty long-running HBO show, Robert Carlisle has a film career (and like, he's good in Once Upon a Time, but let's be honest, when he doesn't like his material, he gives it maybe 40 percent), Jennifer Morrison is always going to have a solid TV career, but the only thing I knew Lana Parilla from was some guest appearances on NYPD Blue and a one-shot on Lost, and that is an absolute crime.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Bicyclops posted:

She's probably the most underrated of the ones I like most in the show. Ginnifer Goodwin had a leading role on a pretty long-running HBO show, Robert Carlisle has a film career (and like, he's good in Once Upon a Time, but let's be honest, when he doesn't like his material, he gives it maybe 40 percent), Jennifer Morrison is always going to have a solid TV career, but the only thing I knew Lana Parilla from was some guest appearances on NYPD Blue and a one-shot on Lost, and that is an absolute crime.

I hope she has a long and successful career after the inevitable end of ouat, hopefully in something where she kisses ladies? that'd be cool. I'd like that.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Jennifer Morrison is going to make bank off syndication, between this and House.

cailleask
May 6, 2007

Troposphere posted:

I hope she has a long and successful career after the inevitable end of ouat, hopefully in something where she kisses ladies? that'd be cool. I'd like that.

So much truth. Much kissing. So ladies.

DoggPickle go back on your meds. This is obviously not for you.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

fwiw I don't think it's inherently bad to make fun of people looking awful/the flashback continuity being kind of hilarious with Goodwin's baby weight. It's just the way DoggPickle worded his first complaints that came off as messed up to me, like it was more about the actress allowing herself to gain weight and less about it making the show more ridiculous.

e: also I laugh whenever someone itt types fat-shaming

esperterra fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Nov 21, 2016

Captain von Trapp
Jan 23, 2006

I don't like it, and I'm sorry I ever had anything to do with it.

Bicyclops posted:

It's a bizarre, out of body experience to be sort of agreeing with the guy I used to argue with in the political forum about his Republicanism and what I considered to be gender essentialist beliefs when discussing neuroscience with regard to the fairy tale mash up show. This show is the gift that keeps on giving weird-rear end experiences.

I guess the magic was inside us all along. :hfive:

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

cailleask posted:

So much truth. Much kissing. So ladies.

DoggPickle go back on your meds. This is obviously not for you.

Obviously not. I like threads where people have a sense of humor and possibly some forgiveness for a person having LITERALLY one of the worst days of her life and looking for a little fun. This isn't a thread for having fun. It is a thread for weird female-empowerment at the cost of good acting and decent storylines.

No woman on this show is a role-model! They are all damaged, overly-emotional and constantly make bad decisions. If that's what you want your female offspring to see, then blimey, there is no hope. :laffo:

Everyone who disagrees with you, doesn't need medication. You're so P.C., you've become belligerent to anyone with a different opinion. And I was just joking to begin with! It's a vicious circle. Don't turn into the high-and-mighty lesbian version of a redneck.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

esperterra posted:

fwiw I don't think it's inherently bad to make fun of people looking awful/the flashback continuity being kind of hilarious with Goodwin's baby weight. It's just the way DoggPickle worded his first complaints that came off as messed up to me, like it was more about the actress allowing herself to gain weight and less about it making the show more ridiculous.

The best is whenever they give Josh Dallas the Really Terrible Wig. It's also going to be funny now when they do a terrible Rumpelstiltskin wig for flashbacks.

Captain von Trapp posted:

I guess the magic was inside us all along. :hfive:

Do you want to help me defeat Peter Pan, Captain von Trapp? :shobon:

esperterra posted:

DoggPickle isn't a he, but yeah. It's not hard to hide pregnancy weight without being obvious about. Cheers did it, Friends did it, so if Once Upon a Time can't do it, blame production.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

Bicyclops posted:

The best is whenever they give Josh Dallas the Really Terrible Wig. It's also going to be funny now when they do a terrible Rumpelstiltskin wig for flashbacks.

This is why I came here. Terrible wigs, awful sup-par CGI and faketastic green screens. C'mon, this show is SO CRAZY FUNNY!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Like, again, multiple low-buget shows have been able to handle pregnancy without the audience noticing. Jennifer Morrison wears hair extensions for most of the show, Emilie de Ravin has worn a wig since season 5, and the fact that nobody seems to have noticed means that costuming and camera work have handled it, despite the *~~choice~~* of those actors to do a thing with their hair. If Ginny's minor weight fluctuations are making the flashbacks look silly, blame production.

Bicyclops fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Nov 21, 2016

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

DoggPickle posted:

Obviously not. I like threads where people have a sense of humor and possibly some forgiveness for a person having LITERALLY one of the worst days of her life and looking for a little fun. This isn't a thread for having fun. It is a thread for weird female-empowerment at the cost of good acting and decent storylines.

No woman on this show is a role-model! They are all damaged, overly-emotional and constantly make bad decisions. If that's what you want your female offspring to see, then blimey, there is no hope. :laffo:

Everyone who disagrees with you, doesn't need medication. You're so P.C., you've become belligerent to anyone with a different opinion. And I was just joking to begin with! It's a vicious circle. Don't turn into the high-and-mighty lesbian version of a redneck.

how are you 37

you need to chill out

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
you're assuming a whole lot about the posters itt(we are some lesbian pc hive mind that think the show is actually good and something about a fake dick) and it's really bizarre and embarrassing

if you came in and posted haha the flashbacks are silly because of ginny's baby weight people would have gone lol yeah. but you didn't, you started ranting about how fat she was and how actresses shouldn't have children because it makes them fat and their job is to be skinny and having an insane amount of kids should be job suicide for women (she is pregnant with her second kid) and how we are anti-feminist and your weird goddamn crusade over how she spells her name and literally saying I'm rubber you're glue while being 37

your posts have brought people together because of their awful quality. congrats.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

The latest flashback with him got rid of it, so no more "We borrowed Oliver Queen's flashback wig from Arrow" Charming wig!

You think production just flat out stops giving a poo poo about some characters? We see amazing costume design for the Evil Queen. Most flashback to the Enchanted Forest have pretty good aesthetics too. I just find Emma's looks to be pretty boring nowadays; kind of miss her curls and red leather jacket.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Troposphere posted:

something about a fake dick

Yeah, what the heck was that about?!

Pan Dulce posted:

The latest flashback with him got rid of it, so no more "We borrowed Oliver Queen's flashback wig from Arrow" Charming wig!

You think production just flat out stops giving a poo poo about some characters? We see amazing costume design for the Evil Queen. Most flashback to the Enchanted Forest have pretty good aesthetics too. I just find Emma's looks to be pretty boring nowadays; kind of miss her curls and red leather jacket.

They clearly love putting effort into some characters, sometimes for the better and sometimes for the worse. The outfits for Blue look so goddamn ridiculous, next to any other character from the show. It looks like she's a cartoon come to life even in a show where a lot of the characters are sort of dressed like cartoons.

Regina's ridiculous Evil Queen, Final Fantasy 8 Edea alt outfits are usually just fun, though.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Evil Queen Regina basically being Edea fashion wise just strengthens the Lesbian Kingdom Hearts comparison imho.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

Bicyclops posted:

Yeah, what the heck was that about?!

Honestly I don't know. Probably a combination of crossover post from Shameless and having a genuinely bad day. But if you don't recognize that this thread is a very UN-friendly hive-mind, then the joke is on you, not me.

If i could rate the crappiness of that day from 1-10, I''d put getting roofied and going to jail and getting manhandled by the police for "drunk in public" at an 8 and election night at 11.

And I don't have "issues" or need medication. That is the lazy poster's way of shoving off another opinion. I won't take back anything I said, but I agree that I might have been a bit harsh in the moment. That's not an excuse for being a dick, but WOW you guys are off in your own little world, where hotness and chicks with chicks fanfic is completely overriding any sense of acting or storytelling. You're bonkers. Not me. :laffo:

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Bicyclops posted:

Keep in mind the Patrick Stewart Rule, which is the rule dictating that American genre shows must retain at least one charismatic British actor (RP accent optional but desired) who sticks with it even after they lose interest because they can probably earn more in one tea break during filming than they could in a whole season with the RSC.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

DoggPickle posted:

I came to this thread because I had a pretty bad flu last week and I ended up banging through most of my normal stuff, and I then realized that this show was back on and I watched 1-5 (not 6 & 7 yet), and I figured SA would be full of hilarious GIF's and funny comments, because this show is just as LUDICROUS as this run-on sentence.

It's too bad that more people don't watch it occasionally for the sheer terrible-ness. It's really pretty funny, like a lesson in how NOT to make a TV show.

Within the first two minutes of the first episode, Emma is lying to her friends and family for no reason at all (which I saw was pointed out. Thank you!)

Emma has wacky Jazz Hand + visions.
"What's wrong Emma?"
"Nothing"

Emma nearly fails a simple attack because of Jazz Hand..
"What's wrong Emma?"
"Nothing"

What? :laffo: You live in a town of magic and total weird poo poo all the time. What is wrong with you? They've literally run out of any way to write stories except through people keeping secrets and telling lies. It's the cheapest plot-contrivance possible, and they've made it the theme of the entire season. The Evil Queen basically says to their faces - "I'm going to rip you all apart by getting you all to keep your secrets and tell lies" and the entire cast of short-bus-riders just keep on doing it. YAY plot.

Then they go and ruin the Count of Monte Cristo in the silliest way ever. Yeah, he plans meticulously for 15 years and then just has a giant party and announces that he's (a 25 year old) Endmund Dantes and then stabs the guy to death. Okay, ruin Aladdin for me, but that's basically the EXACT OPPOSITE of any meaningful part of the Count of Monte Cristo. It was my favorite book as a kid and stupidly, it actually made me a little sad/mad until I realized that some moron just never actually read the story and now it just makes me laugh. (I'm not claiming I understood the French Politics as a kid. That poo poo is dense even now)

But the special effects are cheesy to an unbelievable degree for a primetime show. I tried to look up why exactly the effects are so terrible, but I couldn't find a decent answer. Much cheaper shows look 300% better. Heck, half the effects on Angel from a million years ago look much better. Current Sci-Fi shows have much better green screens and alien environments. Even the costumes look like stuff they'd sell at the mall for Halloween. It's just confusing, but in a funny way.

I'm not bagging on the entire thing because I was definitely entertained and I GENUINELY think all this stuff is very funny. I just don't quite understand how all of these bad things come together to exist on a bad TV show that has made it for 6 seasons! Even when they have good guest stars, it's like the entire experience drags them into this pit of hilarious cheesiness that just goes round and round about Good and Evil ENDINGS, when there are no endings because nobody really dies. :lol:

I don't hate Hook as much as most here, but he's nearly the only good eye-candy, and personally I think he can spew out even the silliest lines and still seem like a decent actor, whereas Regina just makes me laugh with every word, particularly as the evil queen. She's so camp, it's just bad-bad, but not awesome bad, just weird-bad.

And why is Snow White still so TV-fat? It's been years since she started getting fat right? I've been skinny and fat, and medium, and skinny and fat, and it takes a lot to go to your face like that, and GINeffer (ugggh) just keeps seeming bigger and bigger. Her pixie hair-cut is doing her no favors. At least Rumple was allowed to get a haircut.

The "Prince Charming reminds me of a Golden Retriever" comment made me giggle.

I was also surprised that they let Aladdin get away with that particular British Accent. I can understand him, but it's quite strong and very regional for American TV. It doesn't seem Australian, more like (If I say "Scouse" and that is the wrong one, I'm gonna get pummeled, but please know what I mean.)

Just to put your synchronized periods in context.. Because I refuse to be considered a troll.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Everyone had a crappy election night and it's not an excuse for accusing people of being hyper-PC hivemind lesbians for calling you out on being a shithead. And my penis isn't fake. :mad:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Especially when I am a very un-PC lesbian who enjoys making fun of fat people. It was just the way you worded it, bro.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

Bicyclops posted:

Everyone had a crappy election night and it's not an excuse for accusing people of being hyper-PC hivemind lesbians for calling you out on being a shithead. And my penis isn't fake. :mad:

It's still a pretty good excuse for being a hyper-bitch for a few hours. But there is no excuse for being a hivemind un-cool un-funny group of chicks for days on end. I am well aware that most of you would rather that I just stopped posting all-together, but REALLY READ that first post and then see what happened, and it's quite extraordinary. Ripleys.. etc. Honestly, go back and read that and see how you poo poo on me so hard for 1/10 of my original post. Think how you would feel if you posted a dozen things and 5 people called you a fat-attacker for 1 thing you said (that makes total sense!! she looks so silly). If this is really a thread full of girls, then have some compassion. Either be funny or be hormonal bitches, but don't bag the other bitch for being SLIGHTLY pissed when the MEAN-GIRLS went all riot act.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

DoggPickle posted:

It's still a pretty good excuse for being a hyper-bitch for a few hours. But there is no excuse for being a hivemind un-cool un-funny group of chicks for days on end. I am well aware that most of you would rather that I just stopped posting all-together, but REALLY READ that first post and then see what happened, and it's quite extraordinary. Ripleys.. etc. Honestly, go back and read that and see how you poo poo on me so hard for 1/10 of my original post. Think how you would feel if you posted a dozen things and 5 people called you a fat-attacker for 1 thing you said (that makes total sense!! she looks so silly). If this is really a thread full of girls, then have some compassion. Either be funny or be hormonal bitches, but don't bag the other bitch for being SLIGHTLY pissed when the MEAN-GIRLS went all riot act.

I have consulted the lesbian hivemind and we have spoken: you are an insanely bad poster

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

DoggPickle posted:

just stop jfc

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

Troposphere posted:

I have consulted the lesbian hivemind and we have spoken: you are an insanely bad poster
I have consulted all my imaginary friends, and you are the worst poster ever.. points deducted for ...
"SHUT UP <boring, has no meaning
"over-sensitive"
"no sense of humor"
"claims to be a chick but has no compassion whatsoever"
"general ignorance"
"irritating"

The QI elves put you in 5th place, behind the audience at a -56. Its not THAT bad.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

"The problem is that you guys are so obsessed with your PC outrage that you aren't funny! Anyway, here are dozens of posts in which I whine about how 'hormonal bitches' and 'hivemind lesbians' with synchronized periods don't like me, and how I am the sole defender of comedy and also, weirdly, feminism, which are totally fine because, unlike everyone else in the world, I had a bad day when Donald J. Trump was elected."

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Honestly, the major problem with DoggPickle's posts is that they are so full of self own that it becomes no fun to make fun of them, like even if you were the Harlem Globetrotters, how do you dunk hilariously on somebody who slips on a banana peel that falls out of their pocket while their pants fall down around their ankles and they accidentally toss the ball back into their own net, then piss on the floor and say "Look what you made me do!"

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Bicyclops posted:

"The problem is that you guys are so obsessed with your PC outrage that you aren't funny! Anyway, here are dozens of posts in which I whine about how 'hormonal bitches' and 'hivemind lesbians' with synchronized periods don't like me, and how I am the sole defender of comedy and also, weirdly, feminism, which are totally fine because, unlike everyone else in the world, I had a bad day when Donald J. Trump was elected."

it's ok tho trump is making her post bad if hillary won she would be posting real good

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

"Oh, hey, look at that. The Once Upon A Time thread has a ton of new posts and its Monday. I stopped watching a few weeks ago but looks like something major and pretty exciting happened last night. I should check and see if its something that interests me to start watching again."

Opens thread.

"Oh."

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

Bicyclops posted:

Jesus, besides the "everyone else in the world" part, you pretty much hit the nail on the head, and your sarcasm doesn't make it any less correct. I didn't introduce the word hivemind. I don't think i ever said lesbians. I DID make a joke about synchronized periods because drat you guys are full of rage and hormones and total bitchiness!

This is the dumbest popular show on T.V. it deserves a good laugh. What is wrong here? I still don't think that it is me?? REALLY READ my first post, that I re-posted like a jerk, but READ IT, and then see what happened.. and then feel like maybe you glommed onto something that fit the hivemind and made you look cool? FIt in with the in-crowd or made you S.A. popular? Don't be that person.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

DoggPickle posted:

Jesus, besides the "everyone else in the world" part, you pretty much hit the nail on the head, and your sarcasm doesn't make it any less correct. I didn't introduce the word hivemind. I don't think i ever said lesbians. I DID make a joke about synchronized periods because drat you guys are full of rage and hormones and total bitchiness!

This is the dumbest popular show on T.V. it deserves a good laugh. What is wrong here? I still don't think that it is me?? REALLY READ my first post, that I re-posted like a jerk, but READ IT, and then see what happened.. and then feel like maybe you glommed onto something that fit the hivemind and made you look cool? FIt in with the in-crowd or made you S.A. popular? Don't be that person.

:chloe:

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
:laffo: you just CONFIRMED your ignorance and poor posting abilities because I JUST called you out on the "non-post" post. Wow you're a piece of work.

I'm tired and you win. Are you happy now? Your little thread can go along being exclusive and bitchy and you're the queen of bitch-hill. Nice job. You're the worst poster that I've never seen chastised for idiocy. Grow up and find a better show to get all angsty about. And I hope all the chicks end up kissing because that's your main reason for watching right?

Screw the story or the clothes or the editing or the CGI or greenscreens. MAYBE BELLE and the EVIL REGINA are gonna make out?? Whatever floats your boat.. lady?

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

DoggPickle posted:

:laffo: you just CONFIRMED your ignorance and poor posting abilities because I JUST called you out on the "non-post" post. Wow you're a piece of work.

I'm tired and you win. Are you happy now? Your little thread can go along being exclusive and bitchy and you're the queen of bitch-hill. Nice job. You're the worst poster that I've never seen chastised for idiocy. Grow up and find a better show to get all angsty about. And I hope all the chicks end up kissing because that's your main reason for watching right?

Screw the story or the clothes or the editing or the CGI or greenscreens. MAYBE BELLE and the EVIL REGINA are gonna make out?? Whatever floats your boat.. lady?

Troposphere is a great poster and you're a demented insane person, hope that helps.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Troposphere is a great poster and you're a demented insane person, hope that helps.

thank you matoi :love::love::love:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I was really hoping to get voted Queen of Bitch Hill :sigh:

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Bicyclops posted:

I was really hoping to get voted Queen of Bitch Hill :sigh:

sorry bicyclops I am the most popular girl at sa highschool :cool:

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Ya'll made me think there was a new episode last night :mad:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

That happened to me too. RIP.

cailleask
May 6, 2007

Dude. Doggpickle. You are seriously unhinged. Why in the world would you come back a week later apropos of nothing to rant at us about being mean, again? While also making excuses for your weird behavior? Come on. Like a group of 'hive mind lesbians' had a better time on election night?

And there wasn't even a new episode last night to distract us. Thanks for giving us some terrible entertainment to throw popcorn at since we didn't get our usual, I guess?

So... bets on how many more episodes we get to have an Evil Queen and an ineffective Regina making faces at each other?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

They mentioned sometime this summer that the season was going to be more like season one's format, with the main storyline going through fall and spring, as opposed to just staying for one half. So maybe we keep the Evil Queen 'til April? It's anybody's guess. I liked having the main problem end every winter because it left something new to look forward to or erase the hell of the previous half of the season (Camelot).

• Locked thread