Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!
Speaking of SD Gundam GGG DLC: http://ggg.ggame.jp/special/dlc.php

Some Barbatos Lupus and Build Fighters MS DLC seems to be in the works.

But no pilots...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

MechaX posted:

Watch Ryouma just flat out tell Shinji "hey man, that's not your Rei, your dad just made clones because he's a jerk. But come with me and we'll do badass things, gently caress these guys."

Depends on when this happens, really. If its still early on and Ryouma just got back from the moon, he might not know jack poo poo about NERV's current operations.

Meaning he'd probably end up stealing the Reiclone and taking her along for the ride.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
So, another GB3 question: what does it mean when the kits in the store have a blue name rather than white? Is it significant or just window dressing?

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
It's a rarity system. It means they've got a special added bonus. White has 0 special traits, green has 1, blue has 2, purple has 3, and gold has 4. Also, you can find the effect of part traits like GN drive by waiting on the part, and every minute or so it'll flip between the trait name and the mechanical effects.

Edit: The end goal should be to find a mix of parts you like then use the parts merge system to upgrade their rarity until you have all golds. Then you can use the mass-merge version to boost each bonus trait from other parts with identical traits.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

GilliamYaeger posted:

Depends on when this happens, really. If its still early on and Ryouma just got back from the moon, he might not know jack poo poo about NERV's current operations.

Meaning he'd probably end up stealing the Reiclone and taking her along for the ride.

Throw in Gundam 00 S2 for some hobo-Exia & Black Getter action.

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!
Is 0 Gundam really not in Gundam Breaker 3?

Ashsaber posted:

So, another GB3 question: what does it mean when the kits in the store have a blue name rather than white? Is it significant or just window dressing?

In the store, it means you have all the parts for that kit already in your inventory. If it is white, and you select it, it will then tell you what parts you already have and what parts you do not. This is because as long as you have a part, you can do whatever you want with it. Increase the rarity, change the traits it has, etc.

I don't know if you can change the types of attacks though.

Valhawk posted:

Also, you can find the effect of part traits like GN drive by waiting on the part, and every minute or so it'll flip between the trait name and the mechanical effects.

It's crazy how long you have to wait. Like, I know I should by now remember the difference between Psychoframe and Biosensor and all that, but it's just too much to remember. Wish you could press a button to make them change faster.

ZuljinRaynor fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Nov 21, 2016

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

HitTheTargets posted:

Throw in Gundam 00 S2 for some hobo-Exia & Black Getter action.

Why aren't you guys working for Banpresto? :(

Edit: Bellri should be part of the murder squad for no good reasons.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ZuljinRaynor posted:

Is 0 Gundam really not in Gundam Breaker 3?

Just make a RX-78-2 and then slap a GN Drive on the back!

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!

ImpAtom posted:

Just make a RX-78-2 and then slap a GN Drive on the back!

Ribbons, you and I are not the same! But our first Gundams are!

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
GGG comes out in a few hours but doesn't have any preloading I guess. However, I just noticed that the PS4 version is almost 29gb, much bigger than any SRW game so far. How the will the Vita version look like anything but poo poo in comparison?

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Nov 21, 2016

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Vita version is 2 discs.

GilliamYaeger posted:

Doesn't Getter Emperor Ryouma have a cloning facility that constantly pumps out new Musashis as the old ones die? I guess he eventually comes around to Gendo's idea.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)

EthanSteele posted:

Doesn't Getter Emperor Ryouma have a cloning facility that constantly pumps out new Musashis as the old ones die? I guess he eventually comes around to Gendo's idea.

I like to think that Getter Emperor mass-produces one-seat Getter-1s and Musashis for the express purpose of having a Musashi Gatling Gun.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Anyone have any idea when G Gen Gen is gonna hit the Sing PSN?

KoB
May 1, 2009
Some people were saying Moon Dwellers hit the store around midnight Eastern, but I dunno.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I've been playing GGG for a bit now (an earthquake woke me up early), seems like the usual deal for the series so far, though easier than I remember even the initial stages of Overworld being.

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010

EthanSteele posted:

"Look, if you have a clumsy child, you make them wear a helmet. If you have death-prone children, you keep a few clones of them in your lab."

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I pre-ordered it online, so I'm gonna get my copy by Christmas I guess.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
According to the preorder description, at midnight last night GGG was supposed to start downloading automatically, but I didn't trust it and stayed up. Sure enough, it didn't, and also mysteriously the store page had no option to download it, the preorder/buy/download button went away completely. I dunno if I have ever seen that. In the end I had to go to my library and download it from there.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
I love the abominations you can make in Gundam Breaker. I was running around in a mech that had the head and body of the Turn A, the legs of the Nu, the arms of Destiny and the backpack of the Hi Nu. Sadly, while rushing around doing Shinn's face grab was fun, I just got the arms of the Kshatriya and I just cannot say no to being able to combo Funnel with myself. Also the Cherudim's legs, so I've got a skirt of Dakka on. Its glorious to see.

The Frankengundam is strong in this game.

Ashsaber fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Nov 22, 2016

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
My friend was disgusted that I made a unit that puts other robots in wrestling submissions while several varieties of funnel pick them apart while they can't fight back.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I was so annoyed that I couldn't combine Destiny Finger with melee combat arms. That is all I wanted.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I can't believe how many extra weapon systems you can slap onto an MS in that game. I can't even keep them all straight after a while. I guess that's how Gato felt when getting in the Neue Ziel felt for the first time.

KoB
May 1, 2009
G Gen is up now on Singapore.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
So, looking at the Google doc, there's apparently Funnel Racks that you can just shove all over your mech. Once I unlock that I'm shoving them on all of the Kshatriya's binders so I can literally put Funnels on my Funnels so I can Funnel when I Funnel.

This game is amazing.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

KoB posted:

G Gen is up now on Singapore.

Yup! Can't do any combat animations until data is done installing and I have no idea how to check how far along it is other than trying to do an animation and it telling me that it's "now installing"

edit: ooo nevermind, found it in the ps4 notifications bit! Hooboy thats a big game!

EthanSteele fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Nov 22, 2016

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

Ashsaber posted:

So, looking at the Google doc, there's apparently Funnel Racks that you can just shove all over your mech. Once I unlock that I'm shoving them on all of the Kshatriya's binders so I can literally put Funnels on my Funnels so I can Funnel when I Funnel.

This game is amazing.

One of my two main units has a metric poo poo ton of bits/funnels.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Huh. The translation so far seems like a step up from Moon Dwellers.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
does Kou ever get good in SRWF or is he just a dumpster heap forever?

edit: i'm starting to feel this way towards UC gundams in general in this game

Reco fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Nov 22, 2016

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Hivac posted:

does Kou ever get good in SRWF or is he just a dumpster heap forever?

edit: i'm starting to feel this way towards UC gundams in general in this game

Oldtype Gundam pilots are garbage forever.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

WrightOfWay posted:

Oldtype Gundam pilots are garbage forever.

Welp. Sucks, I really wanted to use Chris.

Also I started over and took the super route. I got to Domon and why the gently caress didn't i take the super route in the first place? I can either spend 30 minutes whittling away at an L-Gaim boss with lovely gundams or I can just crush his face instantly

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
It's funny being back at the beginning of a G Gen game after so long in SRW. Even in Z1 you had a bunch of exotic magic flying beam shielded MSs from the very beginning, but now I'm happy to have a GM Command and a Ball Type K.

edit: and then of course by SRWOGMD there are basically no non-flying, non-Tesla Drived, non-shielded, non-magical units left in the whole world.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Nov 22, 2016

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yeah, there are almost no worthwhile Oldtype Gundam pilots in any SRW, and in a lot of the exceptions they're only exceptions because they're pilot-locked or something. There's honestly no mechanical advantage to not being a Newtype in Gundam games.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Kou was technically better than Amuro in A Portable because he had Strike!

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Loran is probably the best pilot for Turn A in Z3.2, thanks to his Ace Bonus and spirit set. But Oldtypes having any advantages is definitely the exception rather than the rule.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Loran was good in z1 as well because he had the +30 spirit spell which means instant Moonlight Butterfly and it's kinda busted on a no-upgrade run.

There were some SRWs where amuro wasn't as good because he only had focus and the bosses basically had strike-esque accuracy.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Tae posted:

Loran was good in z1 as well because he had the +30 spirit spell which means instant Moonlight Butterfly and it's kinda busted on a no-upgrade run.

Didn't he have SP Regen too in a game where that's rare? I know he sometimes gets it but I might be mixing it up with one of the others.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I'm always incredibly disappointed when a new SRW game is announced and they're not using the Z1 squad system. I miss niche units like the Re-Gz being useful lategame because their anti-squad moves were really good and cheap, and Super Gundam was a great support unit because of its strong platoon attack.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
V being three man teams would be fantastic, but I'd survive pairs as long as it didn't use Z's tag points system.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

ImpAtom posted:

Huh. The translation so far seems like a step up from Moon Dwellers.

I really wish I had the money for this. Hoping this somehow gets brought over or I magically get a payraise so I can import.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
Z1 is the only time I've enjoyed the squad system in a SRW, and since they don't seem to want to use it again I hope V just doesn't have squads.

I also don't really like using any real robots beyond some main gundams so I think the upsides of the squad systems just aren't super important to me though since usually I can swing most supers and a couple neat super supports on my team in non-squad games. Z's squad system felt really cool mechanically on top of the team expansion so it was a cool compromise, but I haven't enjoyed any squad or twin setup otherwise.

• Locked thread