Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Khanstant posted:

Where is it in brooklet hill??

In the second pond, surf east.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I'm really Gladion for glad, he's a great character

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Man Po Town is too real.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I skipped the past 2000 posts here since Friday but hot drat, I love my angry toucan.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Solumin posted:

In the second pond, surf east.

Oh! TY, turns out I already got it just no one can learn it lol

Also, why does our character wear a helmet for swimming?

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Jesus I lost to the Lurantis Totem twice before barely beating it because it summoned a Trumbeak every time and my entire team is weak to flying. :shepicide:

But it's okay because I now have a shawl ape and I'm going to Charge Beam all these loving birds.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I will cheese the hell out of all the totems without regret.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
People had trouble with Lurantis? I had my Salandit out which meant most of its attacks did no damage; it spent most of its time stalling with Synthesis until it summoned Castform and I could one-shot it under Sunny Day.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I don't know which version to buy, sun or moon??

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

bowmore posted:

I don't know which version to buy, sun or moon??

Let this be your guide

in all seriousness you can see a list of all the version exclusives here

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

notoriousman posted:

People had trouble with Lurantis? I had my Salandit out which meant most of its attacks did no damage; it spent most of its time stalling with Synthesis until it summoned Castform and I could one-shot it under Sunny Day.

My Salandit got taken out by Trumbeak spam. It's the first battle I came close to losing in a Pokemon game since I was 10.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
Shoutout to my mudbray for crushing the Fire Totem pokemon while hardly breaking a sweat.
And shoutout to the Fire Trial in general for just being what it is. :allears:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

i used curse with my ghastly on it and then my grimer toxic poisoned it with toxic fang.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I'm really hyped for the Gen V remakes on the Switch

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
My Mudbray one-shotted it. Mudbray/Mudsdale is a beast, especially if you get one with Stamina.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Raserys posted:

I'm really hyped for the Gen IV remakes on the Switch
fixed that for you :colbert:

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Blaziken386 posted:

Sinnoh is the worst region. :colbert:

The best things to come out of Gen IV are the Physical/Special split and walking pokemon (RIP).

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Blaziken386 posted:

But on the other hand...Sinnoh.

Can any remake truly do much with such a garbage region???

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
How to succeed at Pokemon

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I thought people loved platinum, i'm behind on me pokemon apparently

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
What the poo poo, Hau hosed me up on when you arrive at the third island. I was not prepared for Alolan Raichu outspeeding everything and Psychic being so goddamn powerful.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Tae posted:

I thought people loved platinum, i'm behind on me pokemon apparently

cool people love platinum but not everyone is so blessed

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

blizzardvizard posted:

Man Po Town is too real.

This got me to check up on Po Town now that the story is over.

Everything is the exact same. :/

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Pakled posted:

Sinnoh is the worst region. :colbert:

Captain Oblivious posted:

But on the other hand...Sinnoh.

Can any remake truly do much with such a garbage region???

Brother Entropy posted:

cool people love platinum but not everyone is so blessed
:yeah:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

This got me to check up on Po Town now that the story is over.

Everything is the exact same. :/

Go into the pokemon center for a thing next time you're in the area.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Is Blue/Pink Gastrodon version exclusive?

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

I spent a bit of time breeding and hatching eggs and wonder trading a box of pokemon away. Got one of the UBs in return. :stare:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i'll happily be uncool if it means never having to play a game as slow as gen 4 ever again

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs

Countblanc posted:

i'll happily be uncool if it means never having to play a game as slow as gen 4 ever again

Save/load times :suicide:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Can I murder Tapu Koko the first time I face it and then catch it on a respawn to scum for natures?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

What the poo poo, Hau hosed me up on when you arrive at the third island. I was not prepared for Alolan Raichu outspeeding everything and Psychic being so goddamn powerful.

This almost happened to me too just now, but fortunately I had Mudbray and oneshot him with High Horsepower.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

why can I not lay on and sniff Gladion's bed, game
why not

Countblanc posted:

LEGO Genetics posted:

Save/load times :suicide:
The point of remastering is to fix those sorts of issues, you know.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE
Man Salandit is...not very good.

It got loving stomped by a 2 level lower Masquerain. I think that's grounds to box the poo poo out of this thing.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Yeah, Sinnoh is a great region and Plat was one of the best games in the series. D/P has some issues with slow surf times, saving and pokemon variety but literally none of that would be an issue with the remake (assuming they go with the HG/SS and ORAS philosophy and add a bunch of mons to the dex/make some available before postgame that werr postgame exclusive) and use the Platinum dex.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Dr. Fetus posted:

They are incompetent with technology. Expecting Game Freak to get their poo poo together is a massive setup for disappointment.

The real joke is the 3DS has such low screen PPI that no matter how many polygons they throw in there still looks like aliased poo poo.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Do Drampa not live in this ice cave? Serebii says it does but looking for it says otherwise.

A shiny Golbat just showed up before a Drampa has.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I really dig how so far the Sightseer guys all have used regular kanto versions of pokemon with alolan versions

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Holy poo poo, the entry barrier for breeding and stuff is insanely high. I don't stand a chance at the Royal or Tree with my regular team, the Power items & Destiny Knot all cost mid-to-high amounts of BP, and the only way I can see to get it realistically is to just constantly lose the Royal for 1BP each time. Crafting my first minmaxed team is going to be a massive slog this time around.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
So I just evolved into Ribombee. How the gently caress does it get not one, but two 90 Power moves so early? :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Ethiser posted:

Do Drampa not live in this ice cave? Serebii says it does but looking for it says otherwise.

A shiny Golbat just showed up before a Drampa has.

It does. I ran into 2 back to back a few minutes ago.

It is a moon exclusive tho. Sun gets Turtonator.