Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The PD is also just good because her character design is cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Scaramouche posted:

In addition to this, in the Roguelike thread over in Games madjackmcmad (developer of Dungeonmans) is running an altruistic feed the hungry giveaway, where, depending on how his D20 rolls you might win a copy of Darkest Dungeon:
http://dungeonmans.com/hungerclock/

The idea is you contribute $10 to alleviating hunger somehow and provide proof of it at the site above. You can say "I want game (x)" (out of the list at the site) and get a key for it, and you are entered into a pseudo-random draw (pfft like physical dice can even approach true random) that might net you one of the Darkest Dungeon keys on offer. Eh? Eh? $10 for a probably good game and a chance to win Darkest Dungeon? You guys should probably go for it.

The Sproggiewood/CoQ guys are involved too so you can ask for that key if that's what you're into.

EDIT-Link to his first post on the subject in the Roguelikes thread:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3563643&userid=136903&perpage=40&pagenumber=12#post466293920

The cause is also relevant to this lp, not because darkest dungeon, but because Highwang buys way too much drat food that he doesn't intend to eat.

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

"HI, I WANT TO HUG PINS NUTS."
:frolf:

Samovar posted:

Yikes. The inventory management in that episode caused even me pain.

I did, in fact, yell at my computer for Highwang to drop the loving food.

Seriously, Highwang, drop the food or eat it.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
I almost want Highwang to just cheat in 4 Bloodthirst Rings somehow. Though it's not without it's downsides. Makes the camping dinner choice look silly for a start.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

So using the bonfire at the end of a dungeon is really good because you can get a lot of stress relief. HOWEVER this is only really useful if:
- you're going to use the same team in the next dungeon
- you don't have a drat JESTER TO DEAL WITH STRESS RELIEF.

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012
Honest question, Highwang. Why aren't you using Bloodthirst Rings? I like to get 2, especially for longer missions. You can easily make it without overloading on food or wasting too many trinket slots.

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!

DGM_2 posted:

Honest question, Highwang. Why aren't you using Bloodthirst Rings? I like to get 2, especially for longer missions. You can easily make it without overloading on food or wasting too many trinket slots.

Cause I legit don't have any in the LP. Both that and Fasting Seals are usually mainstays on my team.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Nalesh posted:

The cause is also relevant to this lp, not because darkest dungeon, but because Highwang buys way too much drat food that he doesn't intend to eat.

Yes, with Highwang being the personification of conspicuous consumption and food waste I thought it most trenchant. Fix your life Highwang

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012

Highwang posted:

Cause I legit don't have any in the LP. Both that and Fasting Seals are usually mainstays on my team.

Fair enough, though I'm surprised you don't have any yet. They show up as quest rewards often enough for me and I make a point of grabbing a couple early.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

AltaBrown posted:

I did, in fact, yell at my computer for Highwang to drop the loving food.

Seriously, Highwang, drop the food or eat it.

8 per bonfire and then enough food to handle 3 hunger events is generally my rule of thumb for long missions. It's exceptionally rare that I get more than 3 hunger events in ANY dungeon I've run and the only time I've actually suffered from them is when I tossed my food to make room for more stuff.

Usually as I was about to end the dungeon. Toss your food especially if you're about to end your dungeon.

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!

Scaramouche posted:

Yes, with Highwang being the personification of conspicuous consumption and food waste I thought it most trenchant. Fix your life Highwang

I don't see a problem. I don't have the problem, you all have the problem!

On a more serious note, we're gonna be using this thanksgiving weekend as a small break from the LP. Been going full bore for about 16 weeks, and now Chitlin and I need time to cool down and consume copious amounts of turkey. We should continue by next monday.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Thanks for all your hard work so far trying to put out stuff regularly. I assume between playing, editing, and commentating you are at like, 3x to 4x video length in work?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I have finally made my appearance.

Pinches Highwang

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012

Highwang posted:

I don't see a problem. I don't have the problem, you all have the problem!

...He said, right before he spent Thanksgiving carrying 3 full turkeys around the house.

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

Never too lazy to dance with the angels

DGM_2 posted:

...He said, right before he spent Thanksgiving carrying 3 full turkeys around the house.

And six pounds of cranberry sauce.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Eating none of them.

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012

double nine posted:

Eating none of them.

Well, he had a Bloodthirst Ring so he didn't need to. He said the food was "just in case."

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!

DGM_2 posted:

Well, he had a Bloodthirst Ring so he didn't need to. He said the food was "just in case."

I feel like this should be drawn at this point. Just me with both the bloodthirsty ring, the fasting seal, and guarding two stacks of food.

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012
And a clip of Wayne June saying "Just eat the damned food, Highwang" to go with it, like you said in the video.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

DGM_2 posted:

3 live turkeys.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Nalesh posted:

3 live turkeys.

Avian adversaries... malformed with misintent.

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012

Nalesh posted:

3 live turkeys.

Be wary - inventory mismanagement precipitates a dizzying fall.

EggsAisle
Dec 17, 2013

I get it! You're, uh...

paranoid randroid posted:

Avian adversaries... malformed with misintent.

Beautiful. Consider my hat tipped to you.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
3 jive turkeys. Busta-rear end adversaries, malformed momma's boys.

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

Tylana posted:

I almost want Highwang to just cheat in 4 Bloodthirst Rings somehow. Though it's not without it's downsides. Makes the camping dinner choice look silly for a start.

4x bloodthirst/fasting seals is legit good for cash runs, though.

You can ditch a healer and get tons of free slots for extra gold/jewels since you don't have to be paranoid about food. And any food you find is free healing.

And hey, Wayne June is a pretty chill guy and I bet that if you showed him this thread and your paranoia he would do a little unofficial voice line for us to mock Highwang with. Failing that, we just need to find someone to sperg out and record their best Ancestor impersonation.

The cost of paranoia, measured now in food, later, in gold.

Halser fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Nov 21, 2016

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Halser posted:

The cost of paranoia, measured now in food, later, in gold.

Packs of saltines and water, but nary of thought given to the plunder.

Or

Packs laden with food are often short on supplies.

ousire
Dec 11, 2013

Now, Red! Seal the deal with a catchy one-liner!
Gluttony clarified in a single bite!

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012
In time, you will know the tragic extent of my girth.

Dispatch this meal in brutal fashion, that all may hear of your appetite!

I'd like to make a request. If anyone does that fanart that Highwang asked for, please portray him as Gollum and have him address the stacks of food as "precious."

DGM_2 fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Nov 22, 2016

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Do you remember my Lunch, Opulent and Imperial.

Veloxyll fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Nov 22, 2016

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012

Halser posted:

And hey, Wayne June is a pretty chill guy and I bet that if you showed him this thread and your paranoia he would do a little unofficial voice line for us to mock Highwang with. Failing that, we just need to find someone to sperg out and record their best Ancestor impersonation.

When I read this I had a cheap headset lying on the desk from back when I played There Came an Echo. I decided to try it but unfortunately I can't do the Ancestor's voice very well. Voice-wise I'm an androgynous tenor and he's... kinda not.

Does anyone else want to try? And if not, how bad an Ancestor impression are we willing to tolerate here?

Verklemptomaniac
Apr 23, 2008
Arterial Punch sounds pretty nasty, but I'd be more worried about getting a clothesline right to the capillaries...

... y'know, a Capil-Lariat.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Verklemptomaniac posted:

Arterial Punch sounds pretty nasty, but I'd be more worried about getting a clothesline right to the capillaries...

Boo!

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Verklemptomaniac posted:

You deserve to get your arteries choked for a pun that bad.

Ya know, an Arti-Choke

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Reduce. Refrigerate. Cuisine is... timeless, after all.

Pea
Nov 25, 2005
Friendly neighbourhood vegetable
What surprises me the most is that nobody mentioned the most obvious variant.

A strict regimen is paramount if one is to master the brutal arithmetic of inventory management.

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

DGM_2 posted:

When I read this I had a cheap headset lying on the desk from back when I played There Came an Echo. I decided to try it but unfortunately I can't do the Ancestor's voice very well. Voice-wise I'm an androgynous tenor and he's... kinda not.

Does anyone else want to try? And if not, how bad an Ancestor impression are we willing to tolerate here?

Well, I've been told I have a deep voice, but my microphone is pretty trash.

And hey, with the magic of computers I bet you could make even a little girl sound like him, given enough skill :v:

Verklemptomaniac posted:

This pun is great and I will fight anyone that claims the opposite

DGM_2
Jun 13, 2012

Halser posted:

And hey, with the magic of computers I bet you could make even a little girl sound like him, given enough skill :v:

I have no prior experience with audio editing and I'm a little too busy this time of year to make a big project out of this. How much skill is "enough?"

quote:

This pun is great and I will fight anyone that claims the opposite

You won't change anyone's mind, so don't struggle in vein.

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

DGM_2 posted:

I have no prior experience with audio editing and I'm a little too busy this time of year to make a big project out of this. How much skill is "enough?"

You won't change anyone's mind, so don't struggle in vein.

well, that's the "bet" part. I'm no audio editor either.

Also we should never stop with the puns.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

I'm no good at these sorts of things. Uhm...

Poor management clarified in a single meal!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Curious is the pie-baker's art. Diabetes caused unwitnessed by his own eyes.

• Locked thread