Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

cumshitter posted:

https://twitter.com/Green_Footballs/status/800154460639072256/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

What the hell is the black guy on the right doing at their nazi party?

tokening like crazy man

woah hillary is going after a big one with this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'

cumshitter posted:

https://twitter.com/Green_Footballs/status/800154460639072256/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

What the hell is the black guy on the right doing at their nazi party?

hes being ironic

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Karl Sharks posted:

at what point can you call them a nazi? like is there a probation period? after 6 months you either stick with it or bail?

once they've filled out their Nazi Declaration Form

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

man what must it be like being the token at the nazi meetup

probably pays well but ouch that has to suck

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

Karl Sharks posted:

at what point can you call them a nazi?

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

navyjack posted:

Am I imagining things or is this...like...not done as a general rule. President of one nation publicly (or privately) lobbying another sovereign state to put his pick in as ambassador? Seems like people would get touchy about that.

And the British Government is entirely free to complain about it and immediately incur Trump's wrath. If anything Theresa May might prefer to have Nigel interact with Trump if Trump likes him, also might mean he'll take the brunt of Trump's anger if he has to deliver bad news.

Telephones
Apr 28, 2013

Consummate Professional posted:

Someone take the presidents phone away- a real quote in a few weeks

I kind of calmed down about him having nukes but now I'm well freaked out again! Riding that adrenaline high straight into nuclear hellfire.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

triple sulk posted:

in a hosed up kind of way, isn't this outcome kind of better because trump winning is fresh in everyone's minds and now these idiots try to immediately spout poo poo like fascism and kill the jews and end up getting dunked on by everyone else for being pieces of poo poo, all while donald melts the gently caress down on twitter

if hillary had won all of this poo poo would still be occurring but probably under the radar and we might have eventually ended up with that trump 2.0 we all kinda feared, but now this poo poo might (i'm having too much hope for humanity right now) get stamped out right away once people realize "hey the orange fascist actually inspired neo nazis"

this poo poo is all loving terrible but i'm trying to be an optimist and hope that these assholes get crushed, and quick

~welcome 2 da freakin accelerationist party~

Serf
May 5, 2011

if it looks like a nazi, talks like a nazi and walks like a nazi, it's a loving nazi

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

so if they "ironically" heil trump online, don't take them seriously and say hey that's what nazis do, but when they do it in real life we just say gently caress you, you nazi?

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

quote:

WASHINGTON — Days before the presidential election, James Alefantis, owner of a local pizza restaurant called Comet Ping Pong, noticed an unusual spike in the number of his Instagram followers.

Within hours, menacing messages like “we’re on to you” began appearing in his Instagram feed. In the ensuing days, hundreds of death threats — one read “I will kill you personally” — started arriving via texts, Facebook and Twitter. All of them alleged something that made Mr. Alefantis’s jaw drop: that Comet Ping Pong was the home base of a child abuse ring led by Hillary Clinton and her campaign chief, John D. Podesta.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/21/technology/fact-check-this-pizzeria-is-not-a-child-trafficking-site.html?_r=0

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

im just coming to the realization that Professional Token is probably a real thing at republican photo ops

again probably pays real well but ouch

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

maddow covering how thin skinned Trump is

this should be a nightly thing, imo

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Yinlock posted:

im just coming to the realization that Professional Token is probably a real thing at republican photo ops

to quote flava flave "THEY'VE GOT TO PAY ME BOOYYYYY"

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Yinlock posted:

Yea they make you do this whole weird brain surgeon career first tho :kimchi:

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Dolash posted:

And the British Government is entirely free to complain about it and immediately incur Trump's wrath. If anything Theresa May might prefer to have Nigel interact with Trump if Trump likes him, also might mean he'll take the brunt of Trump's anger if he has to deliver bad news.

haha if I had a political enemy like that, I'd make them interface daily with the world's most crybaby administration this side of best korea

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
is maddow gunna drop this tape or what?

Telephones
Apr 28, 2013
I think a lot of people here btw don't understand that being a nazi online "ironically" is a very real thing. You start off with a few edgy jokes then you read some milo articles then you start readin about the white genocide, boom, nazi. Irony lets you play nazi dress-up. Its true! I've seen it with my own eyes!

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/800888283043627008

Bolton Hairy-Bore
Jul 31, 2013
https://twitter.com/HeerJeet/status/800874083369897984

https://twitter.com/HeerJeet/status/800877010704732161

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Telephones posted:

I think a lot of people here btw don't understand that being a nazi online "ironically" is a very real thing. You start off with a few edgy jokes then you read some milo articles then you start readin about the white genocide, boom, nazi. Irony lets you play nazi dress-up. Its true! I've seen it with my own eyes!

i'm permabanned poster kikestomper1488...

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

Karl Sharks posted:

so if they "ironically" heil trump online, don't take them seriously and say hey that's what nazis do, but when they do it in real life we just say gently caress you, you nazi?

maybe, i dunno, i dunno

I think my point is that I'm not ready to "give up" on a segment of the population and say "Whelp, these kids are evil nazis now, there's no hope for them."

To get personal, as someone who is Jewish, I would really REALLY like for nazism to not become a "thing" in this country. Demonizing people basically ends any hope for dialogue and condemns them to a terrible fate.

The people at that conference are probably too far gone to save, but I don't think that's true of the young generation that turned Trump into a meme because it was funny to them and (they thought) the most anti-authoritarian option available to them.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

navyjack posted:

Am I imagining things or is this...like...not done as a general rule. President of one nation publicly (or privately) lobbying another sovereign state to put his pick in as ambassador? Seems like people would get touchy about that.

Wait until a country says no. About literally anything.

It will be a tweet shitstorm on constant insults at other nations leaders.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

maybe, i dunno, i dunno

I think my point is that I'm not ready to "give up" on a segment of the population and say "Whelp, these kids are evil nazis now, there's no hope for them."

To get personal, as someone who is Jewish, I would really REALLY like for nazism to not become a "thing" in this country. Demonizing people basically ends any hope for dialogue and condemns them to a terrible fate.

The people at that conference are probably too far gone to save, but I don't think that's true of the young generation that turned Trump into a meme because it was funny to them and (they thought) the most anti-authoritarian option available to them.

the way to make fascism go away isn't any kind of compromise

this poo poo has to be stamped down on hard

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Nov 22, 2016

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

bashing fascists is not meant to be a figurative term

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

maybe, i dunno, i dunno

i just mean i don't think there's much a person can do externally to make them see any different, it's usually a personal thing that happens without anyone meaning to do it

Serf
May 5, 2011

the make racists afraid again folks are a little misguided but they've got the right idea

we ought to be making sure these fascist fucks know they're not welcome here

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Serf posted:

the make racists afraid again folks are a little misguided but they've got the right idea

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-fascism

Bolton Hairy-Bore
Jul 31, 2013

maybe, i dunno, i dunno

if you want to attempt to reasonably debate alt-righters online, good luck! i doubt you'll get anywhere, because the alt-right aren't open to reasonable discussion, and if they appear to be it's a ruse to legitimize their agenda as a serious topic up for debate.

if you know an alt-righter IRL, now that's definitely where you can get somewhere by having a concerned intervention and actual discussion.

the best strategy imo is to give them something to defect to: a real anti-authoritarian, anti-establishment movement.

Guy DeBorgore
Apr 6, 1994

Catnip is the opiate of the masses
Soiled Meat

Telephones posted:

i think the mirror image of that process happened to more than a few people in LF

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/davidmackau/status/800815261267980288
https://twitter.com/brianstelter/status/800823287995658240

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
https://twitter.com/colinjones/status/800822032535470080

Telephones
Apr 28, 2013

Serf posted:

Not welcome where, the internet? 4chan?

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

heil-curious

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

No more of this Pre-Leak Hype Tweet bullshit. Way, way too much faith and speculation went into the N-Bomb Tapes that never materialized, and that should have been a giant loving learning experience for us all.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Telephones posted:

Not welcome where, the internet? 4chan?

meatspace

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Bolton Hairy-Bore posted:

the best strategy imo is to give them something to defect to: a real anti-authoritarian, anti-establishment movement.

agreed

The true lesson of 2016 is that we needed a leftist version of Donald Trump, but instead we ran an establishment corporatist snooze-fest dinosaur who had already been "the bad guy" in '08, the year my generation was introduced to politics and had a candidate who we could be pumped about

The people the left needs to reach are the ones that stayed home, because they had nothing to believe in

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew

we're gonna watch ant-man, come join

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Im shocked that the fake CEO with 230 twitter followers didnt actually have a scoop about a secret recording

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

ElPez posted:

heil-curious

reich-sexual

The true lesson of 2016 is that we needed a leftist version of Donald Trump.

going for a leftist version of trump would lead to an actual trump, so nah

• Locked thread