Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Battle Royale Baby posted:

DTC committee meeting over. Met the mayor and most of the leading Democrats in town. Around 25 people showed up and 4 of them were new, including myself. Split rather evenly gender wise but it was mostly older white people.

Sadly they did not want full communism now. On the other hand they turned a normally Republican town to having majority on most of the boards in town and a democratic mayor last year. There's enthusiasm and surprisingly they have a good grasp on why they lost their state elections this year. It's definitely a strong machine already that just needs more people helping out. I'm tempted to try and get on an opening on the ethics commission in town after this.

One part :unsmith: and one part :getin: respective to the bold parts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Serf posted:

okay so what form of foul necromancy do people think is gonna allow Bernie Sanders to run in 2020?

It's called Modern Medicine.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

punk rebel ecks posted:

Unfortunately I didn't go to my meeting. It started at 7:00PM and I wouldn't be able to get there until at least 7:35PM. I felt like that would have been awkward being late. Hope I didn't make a mistake.

Its not a goddamn executive board meeting. Just show up when you can. jesus

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Serf posted:

okay so what form of foul necromancy do people think is gonna allow Bernie Sanders to run in 2020?

He's already a confirmed Druid, just get him to multi-class as a Shaman.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Powercrazy posted:

It's called Modern Medicine.

Yeah, Sanders isn't rich for a Senator, but he should still be able to afford juvenat treatments

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

crazy cloud posted:

Bernie wakes up, scratches his groggy eyes, does a big wide armed good morning stretch, hops out of bed and frog-squat plops his gentlemen into a pint glass of distilled ginseng he set out the night before. Time to save America.

he also lubricates his creaky joints with maple syrup, enough to keep him going for the day and gesticulate wildly at a bunch of billionaire crooks :kimchi:

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Guy Goodbody posted:

Yeah, Sanders isn't rich for a Senator, but he should still be able to afford juvenat treatments

just get him on Thiel-techTM

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
DTC
Down To Cuck

Serf
May 5, 2011

MizPiz posted:

He's already a confirmed Druid, just get him to multi-class as a Shaman.

I think the XP penalty for that is pretty steep. He might not gain enough levels to beat Trump by then.

my money is on Reincarnation

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Lastgirl posted:

he also lubricates his creaky joints with maple syrup, enough to keep him going for the day and gesticulate wildly at a bunch of billionaire crooks :kimchi:

Plus, he smells like a delicious breakfast all day :unsmith:

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Baloogan posted:

DTC
Down To Cuck

I will be sure to work on the ethics of switching to the metric system JUST FOR YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
lol if you think that the clintonite centrist neoliberals don't retake the party riiiiiiiiiiiiight before 2018 making all the BS you get up to meaningless

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

XxGirlKisserxX posted:

I went to this :shobon: my first political meeting of any kind so I didn't know what to expect. Very well attended (they had to file some people into an adjoining room due to exceeding fire marshal's capacity) and a few passionate people. Mostly just setting up stuff for the next meetings, but it was clear that there were a lot of newcomer progressives who wanted to learn more.

Trump: universally considered the best of the 3

oh hey awesome

I couldn't make this one but I'll be at the one next month, probably as one of the grumpier progressives

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/800877825037312000

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

yeah but what if you took out california???

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Yea but if you changed the voting rules so that unless you post a vine of yourself voting for trump while reciting the 14 words it didn't count? What then?

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Karl Sharks posted:

yeah but what if you took out california???

People's republic of California ruining r country. :qq:

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Powercrazy posted:

Yea but if you changed the voting rules so that unless you post a vine of yourself voting for trump while reciting the 14 words it didn't count? What then?

make america vine again

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Guy Goodbody posted:

Unironically yes that would help.

Also, if the Muslims have some kind of special cartoon or video games, that would help relations too

I feel like they need to hire the right PR firm to make Islam hip and cool. I'm pretty sure theres a lot of unemployed creative types right now that could probably get to work on that.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Any Tennessean goons who wanna get involved might want to know about the upcoming meetings that the state Democratic party will be holding:

quote:

Statewide Debrief Tour

We will be holding debrief sessions soon to discuss this past election cycle - two in each Grand Division. Dates are below. Please continue to follow us for updates regarding addresses. 

Monday, Nov. 28th - Memphis
Tuesday, Nov. 29th - Jackson
Wednesday, Nov. 30th - Cookeville
Wednesday, Dec. 7th - Morristown
Thursday, Dec. 8th - Sweetwater
Friday, Dec. 9th - Nashville

Still trying to get something going for my little podunk neck of the woods. Membership in the cornbread coalition is up to... Five, counting myself.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Is this adjusted for poop growth

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

Is this adjusted for poop growth

We're gonna need a bigger toilet for all these ballots

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

America gained an additional 10 million eligible voters since 2012. She still underperformed. 2012 was seen as an underperforming year. Democrats also underperformed in the Senate and the House. This changes nothing.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

The 2nd leg of the race to reclaim america will be destroying and rebuilding the media to report information like this instead of idpol.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

punk rebel ecks posted:

America gained an additional 10 million eligible voters since 2012. She still underperformed. 2012 was seen as an underperforming year. Democrats also underperformed in the Senate and the House. This changes nothing.

Yea, this, idk why my phone changed it to "poop growth" instead of pop growth

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Its adaptive learning. Your phone knows what you're most likely to have typed, and it went with poop.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Fulchrum posted:

Dems are objectively better off now than Republicans were in 2008.

The GOP will actually implement what it campaigned on, so no

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

Baloogan posted:

lol if you think that the clintonite centrist neoliberals don't retake the party riiiiiiiiiiiiight before 2018 making all the BS you get up to meaningless

there isn't a party atm for them to retake

Gizmoduck_5000
Oct 6, 2013

Your superior intellect is no match for our primitive weapons!

Not a Step posted:

Build a left wing positive noise machine to counter it and provide an alternate message for America.

Its like in Ghostbusters 2, where they combat the evil negatively charged slime with the positively charged slime and call upon New Yorker's innate patriotism to shatter Vigo's evil shell.

E: Who wiped my red text? Thanks, whoever it was! Any chance I could get my old TNC red text back? I was actually a fan of it

We tried that with Air America and it didn't work.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Not a Step posted:

Its adaptive learning. Your phone knows what you're most likely to have typed, and it went with poop.

yeah your poop shouldn't be growing, please see a doctor

it might be your shorts doing it idk i'm not a medical professional, just a shark who wants to seize the means of prawnduction

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

Any Tennessean goons who wanna get involved might want to know about the upcoming meetings that the state Democratic party will be holding:

Still trying to get something going for my little podunk neck of the woods. Membership in the cornbread coalition is up to... Five, counting myself.

Ugh I'm going to be in Kentucky on the 29th or I'd be there! I need to let my friend in Nashville know about the Dec 9th meeting though.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Not a Step posted:

Oh poo poo!

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

there you go with more toilet talk, you can only blame yourself for poop growth

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Karl Sharks posted:

there you go with more toilet talk, you can only blame yourself for poop growth

:smith: yes sir

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
The first meeting I went to was a holiday party four years ago.
If you're gonna be brave and go to a meeting, might as well get some cookies and stuff out of it!

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Gizmoduck_5000 posted:

We tried that with Air America and it didn't work.

Nobody under 40 gives a poo poo about radio.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

punk rebel ecks posted:

Nobody under 40 gives a poo poo about radio.

I do :smith:

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

how does it feel

being alone in the universe

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
I like listening to satellite radio on the days in between podcasts but I'm pretty sure I'd go insane if I listened to it every day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Coast to Coast AM is the poo poo

• Locked thread