Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Ciaphas posted:

Not gonna worry too much about it, knowing me I won't play this long anyway :v:

Burned all my tickets for both card sets and ended up with Aurelia, Regal Saber; Mythril Golem; Zirnitra; Crystalia Tia; and Bloody Mary for legendary cards. Dunno if that's good or not!

Guess I should at least go play the first couple chapters of each class' story so I get the idea a little better.

aurelia tia and mary are all really good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Also the bloody mary (and a few of the golds I got) are animated, and some of those are really pretty :3:

(edit) There a good glossary anywhere? I can kind of take a wild guess on the meaning of terms like Aggro, Control, Midrange, Curve, etc but I'd like to be sure

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Nov 21, 2016

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
so does this follow hearthstone logic and you can only have one copy of a legendary in your deck right

i played duelyst and didn't like that you could put like 3 copies of a legendary in a deck

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

General Morden posted:

so does this follow hearthstone logic and you can only have one copy of a legendary in your deck right

i played duelyst and didn't like that you could put like 3 copies of a legendary in a deck

no, 3 copies. But the legendary drop rate is roughly 3x that of hearthstone, so it kinda not really balances.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

General Morden posted:

legendary is just a card rarity and nothing more

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
hope there isn't some inquisitor kron level poo poo in this game

because having to deal with that card in duelyst 3 times in a row was annoying as gently caress

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

General Morden posted:

hope there isn't some inquisitor kron level poo poo in this game

because having to deal with that card in duelyst 3 times in a row was annoying as gently caress

nah I don't think anything is as strong as that in a single card but elana's prayer and Tia looping are probably things that are fun to deal with.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

just played my very first take 2. went 3-2 with a sword deck.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Awesome! posted:

just played my very first take 2. went 3-2 with a sword deck.

Great stuff, be sure to keep us updated

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Aston posted:

Great stuff, be sure to keep us updated

i will be sure to send you pms of all my match results bro dont worry

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

it was actually almost 4-1 but i left a forest at 1hp and totally ran out of steam. couldnt topdeck anything with storm. koga kunoichi was surprisingly strong for me.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Reading the OP again, what cards does Prince of Darkness replace your deck with? I find the idea oddly fascinating (though I can't imagine it's even remotely in meta)

I was also a huge fan of YOU FACE JARAXXUS, EREDAR LORD OF THE BURNING LEGION in HS for much the same reason I guess :v:

(e) Nevermind, looked it up. That looks like a really funny card to bust out as a last gasp

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Nov 21, 2016

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

So I managed to get like 2 Garudas from all those initial packs the game throws at you, and saw that Haven Stormcraft is a thing and crafted another one.

This is the deck right now. Where do I go from here? Do any legendaries fit the deck? I have 6k vials available

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

frajaq posted:

So I managed to get like 2 Garudas from all those initial packs the game throws at you, and saw that Haven Stormcraft is a thing and crafted another one.

This is the deck right now. Where do I go from here? Do any legendaries fit the deck? I have 6k vials available

https://shadowverse.gamepress.gg/card/moon-al-miraj

This one's the best for storm haven

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

only legends you really want for stormhaven is moon, and only like two of them.

e:i know nothing

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Nov 22, 2016

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

elanas are gold and not usually in storm. you mean moons?

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

yeah havencraft all kind of runs together for me.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS posted:

yeah havencraft all kind of runs together for me.

seraph, elana, and storm all have some similar cards but it's important to distinguish their gameplans from one another.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

frajaq posted:

Surefire Bullet and Cruel Priestess should probably be cut. Wind God is questionable, but not necessarily bad.

In your place I'd probably craft 3 Themis Decree before any Haven legendaries, as it's not uncommon to run them in Storm Haven, and they're mandatory in Elana, Hybrid and Seraph. You also definitely want at least one more Sacred Plea and one more Dance of Death, just for reliability. If you do craft Moon, I'd only craft one initially and see how you like her in the deck first.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Cygames is being meme masters here because their new commerical https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4kAMFuRFG0 is already ranked #2 in nicovideos and will probably fuel a bunch of fan videos for a while

I wish they'll spend like 10% of their ad budget on the west though

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Do all characters' decks tend to follow their theme--Forestcraft using and producing lots of Fairy cards, Bloodcraft needing to be below 11 defense, whatever--or can it vary pretty wildly? Still trying to decide which class suits my likes best (and, indeed, my present budget of gently caress All). Forest seems funniest because lengthy combos, but I'm not very smart about that sort of thing.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
goddamn it i just want to complete this dragon/haven mission with my garbage decks, stop sending me at real decks in unranked or having opponents play garbage decks and then luck out with a perfect sequence of satan deck draws

forest is all about combos but really the hardest thing to calculate is rhinoceroach math and you can avoid that in most of the lists or just practice it a bit

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

Do all characters' decks tend to follow their theme--Forestcraft using and producing lots of Fairy cards, Bloodcraft needing to be below 11 defense, whatever--or can it vary pretty wildly? Still trying to decide which class suits my likes best (and, indeed, my present budget of gently caress All). Forest seems funniest because lengthy combos, but I'm not very smart about that sort of thing.

It varies. Some decks use their class mechanics, others ignore it completely. For example blood and rune has decks that don't care about their class mechanic. All forest decks however uses their class mechanic because pretty much all their cards use it.

Vanilla Mint Ice fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Nov 22, 2016

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Also I linked it in the OP but here's a roach cheatsheet you can use but really it's not that difficult after you play a few games

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

It varies. Some decks use their class mechanics, others ignore it completely. For example blood and rune has decks that don't care about their class mechanic. All forest decks however uses their class mechanic because pretty much all their cards use it.

Guess that works for me as long as there's no real crosstalk between decks, like a Forest using Countdown amulets or Dragon decks that use Vengeance cards or something

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I get the feeling I'd like Haven the best to craft cards for, partly because of the aesthetic (holy or otherwise religious stuff is my jam in fantasy) but mostly because as I understand it its decks rely on having a lot of control and options to recover, which strikes me as more palatable than your sort of "win big or go home" aggressive decks. That sound about right?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

yeah they do have a lot of healing and control options

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS posted:

only legends you really want for stormhaven is moon, and only like two of them.

Sophism posted:

If you do craft Moon, I'd only craft one initially and see how you like her in the deck first.

Out of curiosity how often do the developers balance the game? What are the chances they change something like Garuda, ruining the deck? Don't want to craft a legendary for an archetype that might not last long.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Ciaphas posted:

Reading the OP again, what cards does Prince of Darkness replace your deck with? I find the idea oddly fascinating (though I can't imagine it's even remotely in meta)

I was also a huge fan of YOU FACE JARAXXUS, EREDAR LORD OF THE BURNING LEGION in HS for much the same reason I guess :v:

(e) Nevermind, looked it up. That looks like a really funny card to bust out as a last gasp

He was good until the expansion made the meta too fast for king durdley decks to fart around for 10+ turns doing nothing.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I love the idea of making a deck based around that Enstatued Seraph card that got linked in the OP, just stalling out with control and wards until your victory is a fait accompli

Guess I'll do Haven's single player first thing tonight then go look up how much it'd cost to make a deck (probably much more than I have right now)

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
storm haven is strong but the other good decks all have a good game against it

it keeps the decks without an early game plan out of the format though

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

frajaq posted:

Out of curiosity how often do the developers balance the game? What are the chances they change something like Garuda, ruining the deck? Don't want to craft a legendary for an archetype that might not last long.

During Beta they rebalanced things very often. After launch, they've only had two balance patches, the first one nerfing Harvest Festival a few months back, and Homecoming being nerfed with the release of Darkness Evolved. I'd imagine they might do another balance pass when the next expansion comes out. It's still unannounced, but they've hinted they're aiming to release it by the end of the year.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Ciaphas posted:

I love the idea of making a deck based around that Enstatued Seraph card that got linked in the OP, just stalling out with control and wards until your victory is a fait accompli
that is definitely a thing

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
in fact, seraph haven is overall the best deck right now

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Ciaphas posted:

Guess I'll do Haven's single player first thing tonight then go look up how much it'd cost to make a deck (probably much more than I have right now)

Yes, that is a thing I do with haven.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Allarion posted:

Yes, that is a thing I do with haven.

It's a terrible thing to do and gently caress Cleric Lancer.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I hope to god the rumors about changing other card art is true. I'm tired of assuming every Elana player is a pedophile.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Are these Mission things 'dailies' or do they infinitely regenerate themselves?

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

They're dailies but the first set of missions that you get aren't. For those missions you have to complete them before you unlock the slot for dailies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
One Seraph in my half-built Garuda deck is a nice save when I'm a couple points short near the end

• Locked thread