Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Cinematic universe with LegendaryGoji, it counts, here's Kong.

https://twitter.com/kongskullisland/status/796763662522273792

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
https://twitter.com/PowerRangersNOW/status/798567646828654592

:confused:

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
where's teh loving color.

Those are so goddamn boring. Is the paint job not finished? The first thing I'd do if I got them is paint them because those are boring as gently caress.

Also is the Mammoth supposed to be a Boar now? What's with the loving tusks. Also just seeing that both the Mammoth and the Triceratops have more then 4 legs for some reason?

What kind of hosed up Space Animals are these.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
why do they all have eighty legs

why are they not brightly colored robot dinosaurs and instead are gunmetal grey shapes that vaguely resemble animals maybe if you squint

Tarodia
Jan 13, 2008

Winners don't do drugs
Dollar store zoids

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
What the gently caress even

That's worse than I was

What the gently caress even

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Nearly everything about this movie looks terrible so far (hell, even the CGI Ninja Zords/Megazord from the first movie looked better than this).

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Larryb posted:

Nearly everything about this movie looks terrible so far (hell, even the CGI Ninja Zords/Megazord from the first movie looked better than this).

As somebody who has seen that movie within the last 10 years, I can tell you that they really don't. But, also

Tarodia posted:

Dollar store zoids

is exactly what these new zords are.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

deadly_pudding posted:

As somebody who has seen that movie within the last 10 years, I can tell you that they really don't. But, also

is exactly what these new zords are.

Eh, the movie Ninja Megazord looks like crap but I thought most of the individual zords looked close enough to the real ones from Kakuranger/MMPR Season 3 (except the Ape that is).

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

I think those might be the McDonalds happy meal toys.

Tragedienne
Sep 7, 2007

"I need your stage no longer. I dance for myself."
They look perfect for the generic young adult blockbuster they will appear in. Dark city, people screaming as an eight-legged metal mastodon stomps next to a skyscraper. "BWOOOOOOOOM. BWOOOOOOOOM"

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Tragedienne posted:

They look perfect for the generic young adult blockbuster they will appear in. Dark city, people screaming as an eight-legged metal mastodon stomps next to a skyscraper. "BWOOOOOOOOM. BWOOOOOOOOM"

There's a mastodon where I didn't see one

I saw some kind of alien bug with spikes tho

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

some melty bugs, and starscream

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
suspiciously the movie dinobots also were inaccurate to real dinosaurs, like they had two heads or extra horns and armor.
but they still looked like dragon/dinosaurs... why make everything into bus? idk

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
For the love of Christ the original Triceratops zord was a literal tank with a triceratops head

How did they gently caress up re-imagining that

I think the best looking one is the Sabertooth Tiger and it doesn't even have fangs that would make it a saber tooth.

I do have a question though- why, is the T-Rex a boring realistic looking T-Rex, if the rest of these fuckers are all multi limbed jet bugs that in no way conform to realism or good designs

Like what is the excuse for the T-Rex now I genuinely want to know. Or did ancient Mastodons have .....I can't even joke about that for the love of Sentai nothing about it looks like a Mastodon or any kind of terrestrial earth mammal

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

dordreff posted:

some melty bugs, and starscream

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Burkion posted:

For the love of Christ the original Triceratops zord was a literal tank with a triceratops head

How did they gently caress up re-imagining that

I think the best looking one is the Sabertooth Tiger and it doesn't even have fangs that would make it a saber tooth.

I do have a question though- why, is the T-Rex a boring realistic looking T-Rex, if the rest of these fuckers are all multi limbed jet bugs that in no way conform to realism or good designs

Like what is the excuse for the T-Rex now I genuinely want to know. Or did ancient Mastodons have .....I can't even joke about that for the love of Sentai nothing about it looks like a Mastodon or any kind of terrestrial earth mammal

the Sabertooth tiger is literally that loving Command Wolf Zoid.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
dear lord I didn't even notice the sabertooth tiger zord

jesus loving christ why does it have a cannon on its back the size of its torso

that just looks ugly as gently caress

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
like i said, they hate robot dinosaurs.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

like i said, they hate robot dinosaurs.

You're right, it could totally be the plastic-molding equivalent of mumbling that you're making a Power Rangers movie.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Wait a sec, isn't the black bugzord's head supposed to turn into a shield somehow?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm kinda curious what is up with the hinge on its forehead. why does the cockpit flip up?

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Caphi posted:

Wait a sec, isn't the black bugzord's head supposed to turn into a shield somehow?

no

it's a foot

i'm kinda curious what is up with the hinge on its forehead. why does the cockpit flip up?

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Hemingway To Go! posted:

no

it's a foot

Oh I guess the tiger and the mastodon switched places for some reason, then, because that was like the one thing I definitely remembered about OG Power Rangers, was that yellow and blue were the feet.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Hemingway To Go! posted:

no

it's a foot

Now I'm not a rocket scientist

But why are they in the wrong sections of the Zord

Unless whoever took that stupid toy photo put them in wrong

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the compartments are all messed up because pink is on the back and red is both the arms and chest.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

the compartments are all messed up because pink is on the back and red is both the arms and chest.

Yeah but you'd think they'd still put yellow in the yellow piece, Blue and Black in the legs, and Pink and Red up top.

What I'm trying to say is, this is not a good toy design. Which kind of matters for soemthing like this. I'm not sure how Bandai allowed this to happen

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
by trying to avoid goofy looking animal arms they ended up with that goofy looking tail club.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
if anyone has the Zubat mp4s that MFC did they should seed them because my torrent is stuck at like 99.5 percent

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

So uhh...at this point, there's no way in hell Bard isn't Yamato's dad, is there?

We know Yamato has daddy issues (because they came up after his mummy issues did). Bard seems to genuinely care a lot about Yamato despite having no reason to and not being particularly friendly to anyone (hell, the only person we've seen he likes apart from Yamato is Larry and he's directly responsible for trapping him on Earth). He sacrificed part of his life to protect Yamato as a kid, and now he nearly got himself killed to protect him again and managed to make his Champion's Sign become a Zyuoh Changer by his wish to protect him, after having it for just slightly less than the other Zyumen and not getting a Zyuoh Changer out of it.

I'm ignoring the fact that Zyuoh Bird is a recolour of Eagle because both have the same Zyuman Power.

Basically, theory time: Yamato is half-Zyuman, has no idea about it, it'll come up soon and he'll be shocked.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

I appreciate that both Kamen Rider and Sentai decided to have their yearly rapping villain in the same week.

Good planning.

Also I feel like Bard's hatred of Zyuland would have been more explainable had they not just blown up the loving cube in Episode 1 so we actually saw a bit of Zyuland.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

if anyone has the Zubat mp4s that MFC did they should seed them because my torrent is stuck at like 99.5 percent

Yes they should because Zubat is loving amazing.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Hemingway To Go! posted:

no

it's a foot

I know it's getting old to harp on how lovely these toy designs are but

god these are lovely toy designs

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Blaze Dragon posted:

So uhh...at this point, there's no way in hell Bard isn't Yamato's dad, is there?

We know Yamato has daddy issues (because they came up after his mummy issues did). Bard seems to genuinely care a lot about Yamato despite having no reason to and not being particularly friendly to anyone (hell, the only person we've seen he likes apart from Yamato is Larry and he's directly responsible for trapping him on Earth). He sacrificed part of his life to protect Yamato as a kid, and now he nearly got himself killed to protect him again and managed to make his Champion's Sign become a Zyuoh Changer by his wish to protect him, after having it for just slightly less than the other Zyumen and not getting a Zyuoh Changer out of it.

I'm ignoring the fact that Zyuoh Bird is a recolour of Eagle because both have the same Zyuman Power.

Basically, theory time: Yamato is half-Zyuman, has no idea about it, it'll come up soon and he'll be shocked.

A theory I saw was that Bard was friends with Yamato's Dad, who subsequently died a miserable death because of cross culture mixups, giving Bard a heavy disdain for Zyuland and a protective instinct for Yamato

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/shoyser/status/800315570251927552

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

As an ALT in Japan, this song is a constant part of my life and it kills me that I can't watch this video til I get home.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Is Dairanger worth watching? I saw a synopsis of the first episode on Comics Alliance (as a part of their recap of Power Rangers. They just moved onto season 2 and are also recapping Dairanger as they did with Zyuranger) and it looks pretty awesome from what I see.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I enjoyed it for the most part, but the ending is a huge fever dream.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Unlucky7 posted:

Is Dairanger worth watching? I saw a synopsis of the first episode on Comics Alliance (as a part of their recap of Power Rangers. They just moved onto season 2 and are also recapping Dairanger as they did with Zyuranger) and it looks pretty awesome from what I see.

It's pretty great until Kibaranger shows at which point it starts to feel like a beta test for Kakuranger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
People dump on Kou but I found him a pretty good character. He's only annoying for one or two episodes out of the 30 he's in.

• Locked thread