Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kagon
Jan 25, 2005

Multiplayer Ifrit gives you the true FF14 experience when your party ignores the nail, and you have to drag their dead bodies across the finish line. It's amazing how much of a difference the fire resistance accessories make. My Zell + Aeries combo had to finish off the last 25% of ultimate Ifrit who couldn't finish me off because of white materia spam. This is much more fun than I expected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

there was a mean thing here before, but now there is a dog
As great as many of them are, I feel like there is no time the No Worries Tonberry stamp is not appropriate.

... One way or another.

Granted, I may be a little biased because I've been using a Wrathing Rosa to block the Nail explosions and keeping my entire team from getting wrecked, and throwing that out in the middle of the animation while laughing.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i brought beatrix and selphie for mblink and then there was another beatrix and a rosa as well

we had pretty good mblink uptime

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
I'm not too sure how to make it work, personally. I've tried to set up a room with some folks, but, they can't seem to join.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
I'm trying to solve that too

What's your room ID?

The button to enter a room ID is on the first screen after entering a raid dungeon, before you'd select Ifrit or the other boss and go to char selects

So if you make a room let me know here and I'll join it and test this out

kalensc fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Nov 22, 2016

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

I set a rom ID if 9111 to take on Ifrit lvl140

I'll wait 5-10 min and hopefully some goons will join the assault! :)

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011

kalensc posted:

I set a rom ID if 9111 to take on Ifrit lvl140

I'll wait 5-10 min and hopefully some goons will join the assault! :)

I tried, but there's really no way to go 'hey I wanna join this ID room' option.

EDIT: THAT IS in the search lobby place, not, you know, at the chose the options for the raids. I am not stupid, I swear. This is at the Face Ifrit or the other one, at the bottom, Raid ID Search.

My pals and I are, in fact, that stupid to not notice it.

Cosmic Afro fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Nov 22, 2016

SuperHappy
Aug 22, 2004

feel the rhythm with your hands

Geocities Homepage King posted:

I feel like a jackass. I joined a group with my Ramza and Faris, saw they already had a shout Ramza so I tried to switch to my SG Tyrone. The screen still showed Ramza so I said gently caress it since it was only the 90 difficulty fight. Fight loads and I have a naked Tyro. Whoops.

Then my game crashed.

Yeah, switching characters before the fight had the same glitch for me too... the switch did go through, but it didn't update it in the list. Fortunately, I used a character that was already equipped for an earlier raid., and thankfully the setup doesn't go away.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
I kinda wish this beta was more rewarding. I totally get why it isn't, but bleh, I can't be bothered.

I am motivated by greed. :argh:

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Cosmic Afro posted:

I tried, but there's really no way to go 'hey I wanna join this ID room' option.

EDIT: THAT IS in the search lobby place, not, you know, at the chose the options for the raids. I am not stupid, I swear. This is at the Face Ifrit or the other one, at the bottom, Raid ID Search.

My pals and I are, in fact, that stupid to not notice it.

Haha ya it's not intuitively laid out

Perhaps tomorrow evening I'll propose a time for 4 of ua to take the 160 on

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

there was a mean thing here before, but now there is a dog
So my team just managed to champion Ultimate "gently caress you no charge time doesn't matter, you still have to kill the 60k HP Nail in three turns to Champion" Ifrit, which is secretly probably the hardest thing to do out of this set because of that req.

(In multiplayer. If you solo it, apparently it has less life and the jerk has actual normal charge times, making this secretly easier. But why bother? There's no rewards. This is for fun.)

Pegging that bastard down with a 9k Sapphire Shot for the medals was the best feeling.

Best part was, there was no Shout on the team. Flames of War and Apoc Shield, strange but effective double mitigation Beatrix/Selphie team with an R4 Saint Cross, and Bursts like Reunion and Meteor Crusher. I think Wall and my Beryl were the most normal things on it. Fantastic. This really is a lot of fun.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Attestant posted:

I am motivated by greed. :argh:

Especially when pubbies don't know how to murder a drat nail and I was the only one who brought anything resembling a Boost in Celes BSB.

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.
Ultimate, Ultimate+ (with CM), and Ultimate++ all mastered.

Ultimate wasn't that bad even with the high DEF since it was weak to both Holy and Fire; in between Chain Firagas from Vivi and Paladin Force + EnHoly Saint Cross from PCecil, it did not live very long.

Ultimate+ could have easily been horrible except for the fact that I ripped apart the Flan Master before it used Ultimate Thundaga even ONCE and I had both Porom and Rosa's SSBs for AOE healing.

Ultimate++ team:

PCecil (LV90) | Lionheart | Excalibur (FF4) (5* RS)/Thunder Gloves/Thief's Stole | Draw Fire R4/Saint Cross R3 (BSB: Paladin Force)
Faris (LV80) | Knight's Charge | Blood Lance (5* RS)/Ebon Armor (5* RS)/Victory Pendant | Exhausting Polka R3/Heathen Frolic Sarabande R2 (SB: Sea Lord's Barrage)
Celes (LV81) | Dr. Mog's Teachings | Lustrous Sword (5* RS)/Dragon Gloves (5* RS)/Vossler's Gauntlet | Tornado Strike R1/Snowspell Strike R1 (SSB: Indomitable Blade)
Vivi (LV78) | Devotion | Seraphim's Mace (5* RS)/Gold Hairpin (5* RS)/Black Mage Twin Stars (5* RS) | Chain Firaga R3/Meteor R3 (BSB: Proof of Existence)
Y'sholta (LV75) | Mako Might | Sage's Staff++ (4*++ RS)/Genji Shield++ (5*++ RS)/Cat's Bell | Curaja R4/Shellga R1 (SBs: Stoneskin II, Medica II)

RW: Shout

It says a lot that even on his hometurf and without Vaan or Ramza on the team to steal the spotlight that PCecil still wasn't the MVP; Celes was due to her SSB letting her negate a huge chunk of enemy damage output and fuel a continuous stream of Tornado Strikes. Still, between PCecil's BSB AOE command, Celes' Tornado Strikes, and Vivi's Meteors, the boss fight went down before merging or before I even got to fire off Vivi's BSB or a second shot of PCecil's BSB.

Well, next event is FF3, time to get my rear end handed to me due to a dire lack of RS and/or pull horribly. Maybe look into the Multiplayer stuff?

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
I pulled on FF4, banner 1 for some gear that ISN'T for DK Cecil in a futile attempt to get a medica for there.

3/11
Ice Brand (X, Generic)
Bomb Core (IV, Tellah SSB)
Abel's Lance (IV, Kain BSB)

All in all, not a horrible pull. Still don't have a medica which is gonna make the CM a real bitch to do.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Does multi have to be 4 groups of 2? I kinda want to play with my 1 irl friend who plays this game and not have to join a battle with 4 characters

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

KataraniSword posted:

Especially when pubbies don't know how to murder a drat nail and I was the only one who brought anything resembling a Boost in Celes BSB.

I've been having the exact opposite problem. I thought I'd be clever by bringing the new Tellah SSB for party boosts, but every single time I've gotten a Celes with Maria's Song in the party. :v:

Managed to do all Ifrit difficulties while commuting work, not too bad at all. Definitely lot of weird setups on people. I'm mildly concerned how common it is to have amazing soul breaks, like Cloud OSB, but bring skills like r2 Blizzard Strike (Yes, -blizzard-) and r1 Retaliate. Or fully decked out BSB characters with 6* skills.... but no Fire Res accessories.

Hopefully the fights will stay this forgiving, so it probably wont be a huge deal.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Attestant posted:

I've been having the exact opposite problem. I thought I'd be clever by bringing the new Tellah SSB for party boosts, but every single time I've gotten a Celes with Maria's Song in the party. :v:

Managed to do all Ifrit difficulties while commuting work, not too bad at all. Definitely lot of weird setups on people. I'm mildly concerned how common it is to have amazing soul breaks, like Butt OSB, but bring skills like r2 Blizzard Strike (Yes, -blizzard-) and r1 Retaliate. Or fully decked out BSB characters with 6* skills.... but no Fire Res accessories.

Hopefully the fights will stay this forgiving, so it probably wont be a huge deal.
They don't, we get d200 multiplayer fights each event :v: Have fun!

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
:negative:

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

They don't, we get d200 multiplayer fights each event :v: Have fun!

Goon parties will need to be organized for this. I'm not wasting my precious stamina on pubbie plebs.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

paperwind posted:

Goon parties will need to be organized for this. I'm not wasting my precious stamina on pubbie plebs.
You don't spend stamina in multiplayer unless you win. Stamina is refunded if you lose or disconnect.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

You don't spend stamina in multiplayer unless you win. Stamina is refunded if you lose or disconnect.

That's a relief then.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

This is really good design, I'm shocked

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Attestant posted:

Managed to do all Ifrit difficulties while commuting work, not too bad at all. Definitely lot of weird setups on people. I'm mildly concerned how common it is to have amazing soul breaks, like Cloud OSB, but bring skills like r2 Blizzard Strike (Yes, -blizzard-) and r1 Retaliate. Or fully decked out BSB characters with 6* skills.... but no Fire Res accessories.

The OSB but no skills could very well be new players though. The good thing about bringing 2 characters is you only need a lucky pull or two, where abilities are usually based on how long you've been playing. A lot of the early bosses were HP sponges to make it very clear you should be honing abilities too.

The fully decked out but no resist accessories... yeah to be honest until recently I had no idea how good resist accessories were and just kept +30 attack on everyone. I even sold the majority of my 3* accessories when I needed inventory space. I think the battle that made me realize I should stop doing that was the crazy FF12 U++ that was killing some of my guys in one hit.

Either way for me this game isn't really something I sit down and play for hours so multiplayer doesn't interest me past playing with friends once in a while

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

The OSB but no skills could very well be new players though. The good thing about bringing 2 characters is you only need a lucky pull or two, where abilities are usually based on how long you've been playing. A lot of the early bosses were HP sponges to make it very clear you should be honing abilities too.

Oh definitely, that kind of player is almost certainly new. But I'm still going to be annoyed when they queue up in the 160+ diff Ultimate content.

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
I made the mistake of thinking this Ifrit was weak to ice too, so I brought my Rinoa with BSB. Whoops. I guess she did SOME damage, but....

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?
Look guys, Noel is one of the most underrated Final Fantasy characters of all time and the fact that I never pulled a relic for him doesn't change that. Just deal, okay?

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
SERIOUSLY THATS DISGUSTING I'M TRYING TO EAT
Man I wanna try multiplayer but I always get disconnected :(

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

SuperHappy posted:

I got Stellar Circle on my Zidane, which seems to be by far the MVP for these fights so far, though I'm looking forward to coordinating parties a little more easily so I can be on a team full of Spellbladers & people with wind SBs. Stellar Circle followed by 3-4 Tornado Strikes, man... :black101:

You and me should be best friends when the real poo poo hits. I've been running a Fang BSB and Bartz (bow) BSB windmurder duet to compensate for all the redundant healing and boosts.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
The multiplayer's pretty fun, but the battle speed is set way too fast. I can't even get two turns in before the nail's timer is up, and neither can the rest of the party!

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Krad posted:

The multiplayer's pretty fun, but the battle speed is set way too fast. I can't even get two turns in before the nail's timer is up, and neither can the rest of the party!

It's speed 3, so 'standard' speed.

It's more that Ifrit has near instant cast actions in Multiplayer. So everyone needs to be on board to destroy the nail. The nail has about 60k hp, so three good SSBs will do it.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i've been playing this phone game casually on and off for a year now and have never thrown away an accessory and i have precisely one (1) fire resist accessory to my name so i don't know what you people are on about like they're just sitting in a pile unused in the corner

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Cowcaster posted:

i've been playing this phone game casually on and off for a year now and have never thrown away an accessory and i have precisely one (1) fire resist accessory to my name so i don't know what you people are on about like they're just sitting in a pile unused in the corner

Sounds like your "on and off" timing is just lovely then, because I have ten of them, and have definitely sold some weaker ones.

At least three were buyable for Gysahl Greens, and the strongest one is availiable in a nightmare dungeon that comes back monthly (and is up right now).

So yeah, they are just sitting in a pile unused in the corner.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Cowcaster posted:

Just a few of the fire resist accessories up to this point:

Fire Ring (VII)
Flame Cloak (IV)
Gigas Armlet (II)
Carnelian Signet (IV)
Gulug Stone (IX)
Tetra Elemental (VII)
Tremor Armlet (XIV)
Blaze Armlet (Nightmare)

So yeah, there's been a lot, not counting when old accessories were for sale in the Gysahl shop. Aside from the Blaze Armlet though they're all from past events.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i've got about 3000 more realm dungeons to get through before the gysahl greens shop becomes a thing

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
I think my favorite part of the multiplayer experience so far has been seeing all the weird(to me) combinations of skill hones that some people have. Grouped with someone that had ten casts of meteor last night. I also got to see Neo Bahamut used for the first time.

Also one of my difficulty 90 runs had me grouped with a level 40 Ranger and level 20 Tellah :3:. A shame the leader DCed so I didn't get to see him fight.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!

Cowcaster posted:

That's fair, but to be unfair, or fair in the other direction, the "off" part of that equation has to outweigh the "on". I've been at it for about eight months now and I've been pretty on the ball about using my Stamina, I definitely fall on the "serious player" side of the spectrum, and I have something like eight Fire Resist items. I mean, sure, most of those are limited edition. The Blaze Armlet in the Reraise Nightmare dungeon is the only one I have I could go get right now if I didn't have it. The rest was get 'em or lose 'em. Even if that's not the one you have, your "off" periods either coincided with the four or so events that gave away Fire resistance accessories or you just miss a lot of bonus fights in general. Again, that's fair, you not spending time on this silly phone game is probably a good sign, but they hand out a Fire resist accessory every other month.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Cowcaster posted:

There's been at least 7 of them available as rewards for high-difficulty dungeons in standard events. Many are moderate resist with a token amount of Atk, Mag, or Def. Some are dual-element resists (XIV has a fire/earth one for example). And there's a 6* Major resist available via the Nightmare dungeons.

So it would depend on what to you mean by "casually", but anyone who completes the majority of event content will have had opportunities to accumulate a strong set of resist gear.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i've only recently hit the point where i can consistently clear the purple bits of the events and even then it's about a 50-50 coin flip whether i can cheese the final one with a RW or not.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Also holy poo poo I just checked this game's reddit and Black Friday Draw is gonna be a guaranteed burst?!

Do you guys think it'll be a 25 mythril one off or the 50 mythril unlimited type, I'm glad I read this before I rolled on ff3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Also holy poo poo I just checked this game's reddit and Black Friday Draw is gonna be a guaranteed burst?!

Do you guys think it'll be a 25 mythril one off or the 50 mythril unlimited type, I'm glad I read this before I rolled on ff3
I'm assuming worst case scenario

1: 50 mythril
2: 1 time only
3: only one relic is guaranteed to be a burst

Which would still be great

• Locked thread