Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!
only one of my cats likes sleeping under blankets the other actively refuses to give a poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

baskets, tho

little weirdo loves her some baskets

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
i actually need to get my dog a new crate, which will be item #1 after I finish suing my landlady

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Chelb posted:

sounds like a good time to start on it again imo
i suggested to mum this evening that we build a nuclear bunker in the paddock and if we don't use it ourselves we can base the marketing around it when we finally sell the house

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Freshly folded towels zero fucks.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Mustached Demon posted:

nice cat

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
my old dog before vanya used to steal socks from the laundry basket to build himself a comfortable sock nest

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
he was a wise and ingenious tiny man

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
...all of my dogs are basically fey, whimsical but fundamentally good-aligned wizard folktale creatures and do not even get me started on the keets

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Avshalom posted:

my old dog before vanya used to steal socks from the laundry basket to build himself a comfortable sock nest
there is a cat i would like to tell you about...

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Avshalom posted:

my dog likes piling my dirty clothes together and then sleeping on them. it's cute, except for the torrent of hair

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos

Avshalom posted:

...all of my dogs are basically fey, whimsical but fundamentally good-aligned wizard folktale creatures and do not even get me started on the keets

dogs dont have personalities

they are just reflections of their owner

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

rear end struggle posted:

dogs dont have personalities

i hear this a lot unironically and it is completely not true

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Eugene V. Dabs posted:

my dog likes piling my dirty clothes together and then sleeping on them

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
my personality can best be described as "wretched"

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

guilty as charged

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.

Mustached Demon posted:

now thats a cat

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/nov/22/brexit-vote-uk-household-wealth-credit-suisse

quote:

The UK saw $1.5tn (£1.2tn) wiped off its wealth during 2016 after the Brexit vote sent the pound tumbling and the stock market into reverse, according to a survey by Credit Suisse.

A fall in values at the top-end of the property market also contributed to about 400,000 Britons losing their status as dollar millionaires and one of the biggest drops in wealth among the major economies.

But the UK remained third for the number of ultra-high-net-worth individuals, who own more than £50m in assets, behind the US and China. And the UK’s top 1% of richest people also continued to own 24% of the nation’s wealth, the report said.

Across the globe, the richest 1% own more wealth than the rest of the world put together, continuing the dominance seen in last year’s report. A recovering in the global stock markets in recent weeks is also likely to reverse some of the losses suffered by pension savers and wealthy individuals.

Oxfam said the huge gap between rich and poor was “undermining economies, destabilising societies and holding back the fight against poverty”.

The findings from the Credit Suisse Research Institute’s seventh annual global wealth report that found the overall growth in global wealth remained flat in 2016, following a trend that emerged in 2013 and contrasting sharply with the double-digit growth rates witnessed before the global financial crisis of 2008.

Michael O’Sullivan, chief investment officer in Credit Suisse’s wealth management arm: “The impact of the Brexit vote is widely thought of in terms of GDP but the impact on household wealth bears watching.

“Since the Brexit vote, UK household wealth has fallen by $1.5tn. Wealth per adult has already dropped by $33,000 to $289,000 since the end of June. In fact, in US dollar terms, 406,000 people in the UK are no longer millionaires.”

The report found that total global wealth in 2016 edged up 1.4%, or $3.5tn, to $256tn in line with the increase in the world’s adult population. Accordingly, average wealth per adult of $52,800 remains in line with last year’s figures.

The number of millionaires globally increased by 155%, while the number of ultra-high-net-worth individuals has risen by 216%, making them by far the fastest-growing group of wealth holders.

More than 90% of the wealthiest people in the world live in developed nations, mostly the US, but the rise of millionaires and ultra-high-net-worth individuals (UHNWIs) in China meant there was a shift to emerging economies in recent years.

Credit Suisse said: “This century, no other segments of the wealth pyramid have developed as significantly as the millionaire and UHNWI segments. The number of millionaires is projected to reach 45.1 million by 2021, while the number of UHNWIs could reach 208,000, up from 141,000.”

The US hosted the highest number of UHNWIs with 56,000 followed by China with around 9,000, the UK in third place with 5,000.

Oxfam said it was clear from the survey that the wealthiest are holding their own while those on lower incomes are struggling.

Spokeswoman Sally Copley said: “The wealthiest one percent of the population - who own nearly a quarter of all the country’s wealth – continue to do well whilst so many people in Britain are just about managing to stay above the poverty line.

“Tomorrow’s autumn statement presents a real opportunity for the government to show how they are going to make the economy work for everyone and not just those at the very top,” she said.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

He's kind of a jackass so yeah definitely a cat.

I wouldn't let him outside today and he got all meowy.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

ye olde cookbooke catte

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

Chelb fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Nov 22, 2016

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

:chloe:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

LONDON (Reuters) - Britain on Tuesday dismissed U.S. President-elect Donald Trump's unprecedented expression of support for Brexit campaigner Nigel Farage to be made British ambassador to Washington, saying pointedly that there is no vacancy for the job.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

quote:

A fall in values at the top-end of the property market also contributed to about 400,000 Britons losing their status as dollar millionaires and one of the biggest drops in wealth among the major economies.

im pro brexit now

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

i mean not really but loving lol if you want me to care ultra expensive properties lost so much value that some people arent millionaires anymore :qq:

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

owning mulitple homes is an offense for the gulag

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmxVfcpOtM8

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

goats are excellent creatures

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos

Chelb posted:

ye olde cookbooke catte

you have mice

btw

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Swan Oat posted:

owning mulitple homes is an offense for the gulag

too gentle, Turkmenistan cia black sites

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos
sleep for 3 hours or stay up till 3pm and coffee

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

One thing modern politics has taught me is that modern medicine may not be a good thing.

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos

the paradigm shift posted:

One thing modern politics has taught me is that modern medicine may not be a good thing.

PROS: old people die AND/OR you die

CONS: no cons

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

PROS: old people die AND/OR you die

CONS: no cons
wouldnt no cons be a pro

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o6-bi3jlxk

Chelb