Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

Sakurazuka posted:

The online place I usually get stuff from tends to send things out early to make sure it's here for launch and they tend to super err on the side of caution when it comes to Tuesday releases so I'm hoping I might get it Saturday.

I switched my preorder to a local retailer that generally ships games early enough for me to get them a day before launch. Amazon would've just been the cheaper option

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Amazon tends to be one of the more expensive options in the UK, especially since the Prime preorder bonus is a measly £2 off.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Nina posted:

I switched my preorder to a local retailer that generally ships games early enough for me to get them a day before launch. Amazon would've just been the cheaper option

If I had a local who was a Mom + Pop, I'd totally pay a bit extra to get it from them exclusively 'cos Amazon don't need your funbux. They'll probably start slipping you the games as soon as they get the shipment in too once they trust which is nice.

If it were just a local gamestop equivalent, meh, who cares.

The Huge Manatee
Mar 27, 2014

Sakurazuka posted:

Amazon tends to be one of the more expensive options in the UK, especially since the Prime preorder bonus is a measly £2 off.

Other than Zavvi, who are a total dumpster fire of an establishment, I've not seen anywhere more than £2-3 cheaper than Amazon. The supermarkets all have slightly better prices, but amazon shipping seems like a much better bet than theirs.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

£2-3 is enough for me :v: I usually use https://www.shopto.net they're often cheaper than Amazon, their shipping is insanely fast considering it's free (never been slower than next day for me) and you get discounts if you buy a bunch of stuff from there.

The Huge Manatee
Mar 27, 2014

Sakurazuka posted:

£2-3 is enough for me :v: I usually use https://www.shopto.net they're often cheaper than Amazon, their shipping is insanely fast considering it's free (never been slower than next day for me) and you get discounts if you buy a bunch of stuff from there.

Without the discounts (not sure how much they'd come to having not used the site much) shopto is coming in at £39.86 while amazon is cheaper at £39.49 with the £2 prime discount. Different DLCs though, and if they have better shipping for you then I'd definitely go with them.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I've not bought online in a long time now, but The Game Collection was pretty good for me after shopto got a bit slow and pricy. Ahead of release and like £35 where £40 was average

Can't really speak for really recent though.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Extra Amazon Road trip code: redeemed

Alder fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Nov 22, 2016

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Alder posted:

Extra Amazon Road trip code: 2165297892054164

Thanks!

So a question for the thread before the game comes out: Who is your favorite of the main party? (And why is it Prompto?)

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Xad posted:

Thanks!

So a question for the thread before the game comes out: Who is your favorite of the main party? (And why is it Prompto?)

Ignis

Finally someone who can cook for me :v:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Noctis. Poor dude just needs a hot mug of cocoa and a blanket.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Terper posted:

It must have been frustrating to train new staff around the house when Noct was a kid.

"Don't let him near a bed. Yes, any bed. Once he gets his head on a pillow it takes the better part of an afternoon to wake him up again. Yesterday his tutor walked across a room to fetch a book and by the time she turned around the boy was already under the covers. Fast asleep. Pajamas on."

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

Terper posted:

Noctis is the one reason I'm considering playing with Japanese audio since I love the juxtaposition of his usual voice to when he reacts with stuff like "HAA!?"

Also I'm a sucker for dad stories

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Big dad feels over here

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Xad posted:

Thanks!

I would turn gay for Gladio

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
Gladio is top ten most handsome men in gaming IMO

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
I'd go gayer for Gladio.

Some IGN stream is up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RnG9BRzHzA including a size comparisons of most of what's been shown off already

I say "shown off already" because I think we should be well past the age of recolours outside of cases where it makes sense, like slimes.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

MrLonghair posted:

I'd go gayer for Gladio.

Some IGN stream is up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RnG9BRzHzA including a size comparisons of most of what's been shown off already

I say "shown off already" because I think we should be well past the age of recolours outside of cases where it makes sense, like slimes.

Hair gets less spiky in the rain. GotY.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I know record keeper made a lot of money, but jesus christ this is a lot of money being spent on marketing. I've literally never seen any other game going this deep.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Tae posted:

I know record keeper made a lot of money, but jesus christ this is a lot of money being spent on marketing. I've literally never seen any other game going this deep.

This is basically their last chance to really revive the FF name as a huge dominant force in gaming.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

so what are you guys gonna spend your carbuncle surprise member points on. i can get the theatrhythm curtain call soundtrack which actually is not a bad consolation prize at all

also how do i get my cidney skin code

edit: it occurs to me those might just be the points from buying the fuckoff idiot version, actually

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ok i looked it up and apparently the prize fulfillment starts on 12/12

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

This is basically their last chance to really revive the FF name as a huge dominant force in gaming.

I think they're doing ok!

Compared to names like Castlevania and Megaman, they're doing great!

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm been keeping myself in the dark for the most part but I've been seeing reports since it leaked that it's only 15-20hours long, is this true? I can buy it if you just bumrush from point A to B and skip cutscenes or something but I'd be a bit disappointing if that's the whole package deal.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I'm been keeping myself in the dark for the most part but I've been seeing reports since it leaked that it's only 15-20hours long, is this true? I can buy it if you just bumrush from point A to B and skip cutscenes or something but I'd be a bit disappointing if that's the whole package deal.

Those people played it on the easiest difficulty and just rushed through, ignoring every side quest. And it's closer to 30 hours in those cases. You shouldn't trust early reports either, there are a lot of people absolutely intent on hating this game and are spreading a lot of misinformation about it or worse, half-truths which conveniently omit the context behind said spoilers.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Same as always, reviewcampers chickenhat rushed through Phantom Pain in 35 hours, people online lost their poo poo, then the real deal came and many of us did 30 hours before even leaving Afghanistan.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
It's 30 hours if you literally skip every single side quest. That means no chocobo, no hunts, no races, no exploring any side dungeon, anything. And he was on easy mode, last time I checked which means battles are half as long.

Like if your worry is that FFXV is short, that ain't remotely a problem for the actual game.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I heard it's six hours long and the final boss is the video game Yar's Revenge.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Final Fantasy 15 hours. Try that one on for size.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Final Fantasy 15/10.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I heard it's a 2 hour flash animated film and the only trophy is a platinum for watching the whole thing.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Final Fantasy 15 hours. Try that one on for size.

It's going to take me 15 hours to size up my boys in their best clothes.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Tae posted:

It's 30 hours if you literally skip every single side quest. That means no chocobo, no hunts, no races, no exploring any side dungeon, anything. And he was on easy mode, last time I checked which means battles are half as long.

Like if your worry is that FFXV is short, that ain't remotely a problem for the actual game.

To be fair I'd say FF is a series that could benefit from having shorter runtimes and more focused narratives. FF6 was a game you could reasonably beat in around 40 hours while seeing most stuff in it and absolutely didn't suffer from that.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Final Fantasy 15 minutes until you turn the game off and take it back to the store.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Final Fantasy 15% of a complete product.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Tae posted:

Also if you play on easy mode which lets you power through mobs 30 levels above you. Dude was getting chunked and could power through encounters with potions. That wouldnt happen in normal

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I downloaded, installed, started, and finished the game in the time it took me to write this post

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!
Finaly Fantasy 15x4.8 = Real time boss play time

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Also if you play on easy mode which lets you power through mobs 30 levels above you. Dude was getting chunked and could power through encounters with potions. That wouldnt happen in normal

He was also playing really badly in spite of this and barely ever made use of the defensive options and mobility available to the player.

Why do people who get games early are universally terrible at the goddamn games?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Oh no, a FInal Fantasy that can be finished in 15 hours if you rush through? That's inexcusable, no Final Fantasy w-

• Locked thread