Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

FactsAreUseless posted:

If a mod explaining their actions clearly and reasonably makes you mad, you must be one severely brokebrain motherfucker.

:argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

To really appreciate stimpire.txt one has to force their eyelids open and not blink like the Stimperor intended.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Morningwoodpecker posted:

If you think I'm either mad at internet hilarity or being serious you really are dumb enough to be up your eyeballs in greymarket jpegs.
Chris keeps sending them to me, and I don't know how to get rid of them.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

If you think I'm either mad at internet hilarity or being serious you really are dumb enough to be up your eyeballs in greymarket jpegs.

lowtax is dealing in grey market ship funding for the forums, it stands to reason the mods are involved :tinfoil:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

FactsAreUseless posted:

If a mod explaining their actions clearly and reasonably makes you mad, you must be one severely brokebrain motherfucker.

Hi, welcome to Star Citizen.

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE

FactsAreUseless posted:

Chris keeps sending them to me, and I don't know how to get rid of them.

Have you tried flogging them to gullible nerds ?, it worked for CIG.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Have you tried flogging them to gullible nerds ?, it worked for CIG.
Yeah, but nobody believed I was 14.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I've only probated two people. One literally asked for it, and the other was Marching Powder. Beet's been on a bit of a probation kick but most of them feature pictures of Kayak so is that really a bad thing? Not to mention that most of them are also from the other thread where people have literally asked for it. Most of the moderation action from the last few days was from FAU and other mods, same with the QCS request. I know that at first glance it could look like Beet and I are channeling our inner Maul and putting all of you lowly plebes into your place beneath the heel of our boots, but we haven't been around long enough to even put our boots on let alone go stomping on people.

That's all I have to say on the topic. If anyone has any other issues or concerns feel free to PM me or Beet.

:same:

I'll address this once here, but I think arguing about/explaining moderation decisions in the thread is a bad look, so if you have any concerns I don't cover you can PM me about them:

I've given six hour probations to a grand total of three people who didn't literally ask for one so they could have a picture of my dog in their rap sheet. Of those three, one was a poster deliberately trying to troll the thread with a lame gimmick, and two had shown up just to tell FAU he was an rear end in a top hat - something that's probably best kept to PMs if you really must. That's it. Any other probations I've given are from the "post here to get a picture of Kayak/Legman in your rap sheet" thread. There was a QCS thread that existed specifically for folks to go and bitch about things that happen here, and I asked a poster to take his grievances there because there was legit discussion going on (before it turned into a weird nightmare Autism Battle Arena).

I actually love this dead gay thread, and have no intention of crushing anything under my bootheel, because Chris Roberts won't pony up a Bengal and I can't be bought for anything less than the best.

If that still doesn't put your heart at ease, PM me or Beer.

PhallicPhalanges
Jun 9, 2015

Her navel is all time musky... Bt look at her face... Her face makes my ROD wakes

It never fails to amuse me how shitizens have this warped sense of what a schedule is and should be.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013
I keep reading 'FAU' as 'F4U' and it makes me happy.

Pictured: F4U Corsair which is a real plane from the real WW2 which existed and can be played as in real computergames which also exist.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Well for five years they've either been given no schedule at all, or literally just "By Christmas for sure this time LOL" so you really can't blame them for being totally loving retarded about it.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

FactsAreUseless posted:

Yeah, but nobody believed I was 14.

Ben Lesnick believes you.

quote:

And they get to have sex with thirteen year olds all the time. Instead of once or twice a month. #21,244

Why don't you come with me, little girl, on a magic carpet ride? #18,734

Wow, Hades, do you try to pursue homosexual relations with children age 8-13 too? #7,673

Children have nudity... #9,621

Legions of children worldwide are having sex with 40 year old men. #14,178

It's funny, oh, you need the e-mail he sent me when I revealed that he posted to alt.sex.children #14,747

On the same day he posted a message to alt.sex.children commenting that a previously posted story "got me hotter than hell, post some more man!!!" #14,726
- all Ben Lesnick quotes

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

spacetoaster posted:

Ben Lesnick believes you.
- all Ben Lesnick quotes

And I'd like to point out that both those photos are of skinny Ben.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Wait they are already almost a week behind their schedule for 2.6 when they had like a a week of wiggle room initially before they hit the holiday business exodus where nothing gets done till the next year?

drluv
Feb 25, 2016

Please do not undercut me in front of the child.

PhallicPhalanges posted:

It never fails to amuse me how shitizens have this warped sense of what a schedule is and should be.

Well, that was the plan: Croberts released the schedule with the statement: "it's all lies, lol". and they still bought it. he's like the trump of game development: everything is wrong but INN News Network News Network, and that other site, which released the REview of star citizen with features not even released yet.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

D1E posted:

To all you folks still bitching about Derek being demodded and not being able to admit he was in the wrong and pay his measly $10 to come back, maybe Beer and Beet can randomly quote posts and comment "This. All of it." and occasionally throw out Two Weeks as a timeline for anything CIG does or for their eventual destruction.

That would be exactly the same, right?

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
That chart was transparently fantasy land the second they released it. This was CIGs way of saying no 2.6 for Xmas.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Wait they are already almost a week behind their schedule for 2.6 when they had like a a week of wiggle room initially before they hit the holiday business exodus where nothing gets done till the next year?

You gotta remember, the concept of giving even a tentative date for things is Crobber's own "Kobayashi Maru" - the fabled nerd thing where your spaceship can't win no matter what you do or whatever. I don't think you appreciate how hard this is for him.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Beet Wagon posted:

You gotta remember, the concept of giving even a tentative date for things is Crobber's own "Kobayashi Maru" - the fabled nerd thing where your spaceship can't win no matter what you do or whatever. I don't think you appreciate how hard this is for him.

Of course crobets is so loving stupid that he doesn't realize that there is a way out of this scenario, its called stay on loving time you retard.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Beet Wagon posted:

nightmare Autism Battle Arena

can we rename the subforum to this?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

He's definitely no James T. Kirk.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Of course crobets is so loving stupid that he doesn't realize that there is a way out of this scenario, its called stay on loving time you retard.

Well when you're already two years late, what's another couple weeks? Maybe he figures time is circular and if he's late enough it'll come back around and he'll be early.

Richie Stardust
Mar 30, 2016

orcinus posted:

Mission givers being worked on... while browsing through GIS of random people.
This can only mean one thing - TO THE ARCHERMOBILE!

What's "GIS?"

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Beet Wagon posted:

Well when you're already two years late, what's another couple weeks? Maybe he figures time is circular and if he's late enough it'll come back around and he'll be early.

Imagine 4 weeks on the edge of a cliff

Google Image Search

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

I think he meant JIFS.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I don't think I have the power to change the subforum name, but "Derek Smart's Nightmare Autism Battle Arena" does have a p nice ring to it haha.

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

PhallicPhalanges posted:

They're so loving dumb. CIG finally get corralled into showing a schedule and rather than fall at the first hurdle they trip over their own feet at the start line. I don't even know what CIG were thinking when they put it together, in fact... Hey CIG, let me give you a tip.

If you're gonna put out a dumb fake schedule to encourage people to keep the faith maybe at least put in some short term deadlines which you can actually stick to. Like...

Week 1 - Show backers current progress on Star Marine.
Week 2 - Launch new concept jpeg #1048.
Week 3 - Dumb ship XXY is will be flight ready.
Week 4 - Further update on Star Marine progress.
Week 6 - Release update 2.6

This gives you 4 weeks of actually doing what you said you would do, before the inevitable disappointment of further delaying Star Marine of course but at least you've built up some good will.

God, I dread to think of how well this scam would go if it were being run by people who knew how to organise literally anything.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Repeatedly Stealing Images

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Beet Wagon posted:

Derek Smart's Nightmare Autism Battle Arena

this needs to happen

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

Beet Wagon posted:

:same:

I'll address this once here, but I think arguing about/explaining moderation decisions in the thread is a bad look, so if you have any concerns I don't cover you can PM me about them:

I've given six hour probations to a grand total of three people who didn't literally ask for one so they could have a picture of my dog in their rap sheet. Of those three, one was a poster deliberately trying to troll the thread with a lame gimmick, and two had shown up just to tell FAU he was an rear end in a top hat - something that's probably best kept to PMs if you really must. That's it. Any other probations I've given are from the "post here to get a picture of Kayak/Legman in your rap sheet" thread. There was a QCS thread that existed specifically for folks to go and bitch about things that happen here, and I asked a poster to take his grievances there because there was legit discussion going on (before it turned into a weird nightmare Autism Battle Arena).

I actually love this dead gay thread, and have no intention of crushing anything under my bootheel, because Chris Roberts won't pony up a Bengal and I can't be bought for anything less than the best.

If that still doesn't put your heart at ease, PM me or Beer.

What about the testicle guy? Aww man I miss him.

drluv
Feb 25, 2016

Please do not undercut me in front of the child.
Could someone please sync these two?

I need this for a practical joke.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Finally caught up with the thread, skimmed through like 3000 posts in the last 24h. lmao at people arguing with an admin who banned a fucker who says "jif" and hates pizza :yikes:

Meanwhile at CIG:

Here's to 4 more years of this shitshow

NocnaShada
Nov 10, 2015
Did anyone say TheRekt Smart yet?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Truga posted:

Finally caught up with the thread, skimmed through like 3000 posts in the last 24h. lmao at people arguing with an admin who banned a fucker who says "jif" and hates pizza :yikes:

Meanwhile at CIG:

They dragged in around 2.3M in the past four days. Amazing.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Truga posted:

Meanwhile at CIG:

im glad of it

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

Truga posted:

Meanwhile at CIG:

this thread is my safe-space and i never want it to end. i'll pledge to keep it going. 4 more years

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Ok, so my posts got lost in the flood of The Great Space Kerfuffle...

Here is the breakdown and thoughts of the Holiday Live Stream (as I did with the Citcon demo, and the 3.0 demo)

Beer and Beet, let me know what you think in the comments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJDaUS_ebLw

Second, I need a computer person to explain this screeny that popped up as they were starting star marine on th stream:

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Beet Wagon posted:

I don't think I have the power to change the subforum name, but "Derek Smart's Nightmare Autism Battle Arena" does have a p nice ring to it haha.

The Derek Smart Memorial Colosseum for the Mentally Ill

Oleyo
Mar 28, 2016

alphabettitouretti posted:

Moma which is your favourite star marine? 2014, 2015 or 2016?

I like 2014 because it has nicer glass and a gravity generator that can be disabled for zero g.

That was a good vintage, heady and sweet, with a dreamy finish. Full bodied hope-iness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

ZenMaster posted:

Second, I need a computer person to explain this screeny that popped up as they were starting star marine on th stream:

It's the debug console, pretty much every game since Quake has one in some form. The last line is them entering a command to connect to a game server on their internal network.

Everything else is basically logging to tell the coders that something's either working or not working. Or both.

• Locked thread