Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

MalleusDei posted:

Dropping 3 in a row has me concerned, especially with Shady being dinged up and AJ probably out.

Edit: 8-3 is nothing to complain about though, you're correct. I should get in regardless.

Yeah, you'll get in, but relying on a WR corps of Landry, Tyreek Hill, and a bunch of garbage is not good. Least you can flex JStew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

commish
Sep 17, 2009

That feeling you get when you keep Sammy Watkins on your team all year, and finally have to drop him because of bye weeks, and he apparently comes back the following week. I can't even.

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

RVProfootballer posted:

Yeah, you'll get in, but relying on a WR corps of Landry, Tyreek Hill, and a bunch of garbage is not good. Least you can flex JStew.

Yup, not loving my line up w/o Green. About half this league is on top of the waiver wire, so its hard to get quality pick ups.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

commish posted:

That feeling you get when you keep Sammy Watkins on your team all year, and finally have to drop him because of bye weeks, and he apparently comes back the following week. I can't even.

If it makes you feel better he probably won't do anything of value.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Good news AJ Green owners! You can now burn a roster spot holding him on your bench for a few weeks until he's inevitably ruled out for the year or your team is eliminated.

quote:

Bengals coach Marvin Lewis expects A.J. Green (hamstring) to return this season.
Green's hamstring was feared to be completely torn, but he's escaped with a more minor tear. He's out for Week 12, but appears to be genuinely week to week. It's the best possible news for fantasy owners, though it's still possible he's sidelined into the fantasy playoffs. Green is extremely unlikely to be ready for Week 13.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

I have to roll Landry/Coleman match ups for another 3 weeks until dumb Jeffrey comes back. But with my RB corps, I'm not too worried

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Looking to pull Jamison Crowder away from his owner in exchange for an RB. Which of these guys would be a fair deal for both teams:

- LeSean McCoy
- Todd Gurley
- Robert Kelly
- Jordan Howard
- Dion Lewis
- Thomas Rawls

Edit: Someone offered me Will Fuller for Lewis but that's just...ehhhh.

Gearman fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Nov 21, 2016

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I loved the part in my redraft league where I kept Jamaal Charles on my IR spot and dropped Rawls a month ago when I could have....just put him in the IR spot..

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Ouhei posted:

.5 PPR, down 13 I can either play Lamar Miller or Michael Crabtree tonight.

still looking for opinions on this.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Ouhei posted:

still looking for opinions on this.

Wrong thread, but I would go with Crabtree.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Goodnight sweet Prosise

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Luck is in the concussion protocol and they play Thursday. Better find another option guys.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

pubic works project posted:

Wrong thread, but I would go with Crabtree.

whoooops. thanks.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

pubic works project posted:

Luck is in the concussion protocol and they play Thursday. Better find another option guys.

Welp. Benching Hilton.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Welp. Benching Hilton.

Pretty pleased about trading him last week now.

a nigga who smoke
Feb 26, 2007

coughin' and chokin' constantly
Bye Green. Bye Hilton. Hello new number one wideout Tyrell Williams.

Jesus Christ do I need a first round playoff bye.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Teemu Pokemon posted:

Conversely, I started Carr over Eli against Chicago because the one time I got all jumpy about Carr's matchup, he threw 4 TDs.

Derek Carr ryde or die

:yosbutt:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I can't believe I was right about my "Michael Crabtree is bitchmade and will suck balls in the altitude" analysis.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Thwomp posted:

I need Amari and the Houston Polack to score at least 15.5 plus whatever Janikowski scores to win this week.

I'm going to end up winning this week by less than 2 points. Thank Christ.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
guys derek carr is the truth

drafted carr/demarco/gore/evans everywhere I could and I'm in 1st place and #1 in PF in all three of my leagues

god bless

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
It's cool. I started Cam Newton over Derek Carr and lost by the points Carr would have gave me.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
The one league I ended up with an autodraft in is my best showing out of 8 teams. I'm bad at fantasy. :saddowns:

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

89 posted:

It's cool. I started Cam Newton over Derek Carr and lost by the points Carr would have gave me.

I am considering starting Cousins this week instead of Cam

I have 2 defenses, 2 kickers, and 2 QBs in a league where I can only start one of each

There are no free agents in my league worth poo poo. Watkins? Garcon?

My lineup after losing AJ Green and Procise:

Cam
Dez
Tyrell Williams
Doug Martin
Delainie Walker
Tyreek Hill
Crowell

Matt Bryant
Denver

Bench:
Cousins
Gillislee
AJ Green
Pittsburgh
Dustin Hopkins

:shepicide:

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!
Any IDP/Chargers fan able to speak on LB Korey Toomer? Thinking about replacing Jerrell Freeman with this guy. But there's also Chandler Jones on the FA list.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

To all the people wondering "Do I really start Kirk Cousins over X?" I'm just gonna go ahead and say this man is playing for a 100+ million dollar contract and has 6 more games to ball out. I rode the Cousins2Reed combo to the championship last year because over the second half of the season this dude played out of his mind.

I know its Dallas. I know its a short week. I know its Thursday. Fuckin go for it.

That said the only two bankable Redskins receivers are Crowder and Reed. He spreads the ball around a good deal.

Santheb fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Nov 22, 2016

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Teemu Pokemon posted:

guys derek carr is the truth

drafted carr/demarco/gore/evans everywhere I could and I'm in 1st place and #1 in PF in all three of my leagues

god bless

My ten man $50 league is the only one where I didn't grab him. Went with Luck earlier than expected and can't help regretting it. I could have gotten D. Murray / Hyde / Reed and Carr instead of Luck / DeAndre Washington. I never draft quarterbacks early too, which makes it especially galling.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Wound up with a tie in my non goon league. Would have won if we used decimal scoring. We had the 2nd best scores, too. Oh well, it's still pretty funny.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
I'm desperate for a TE. I'm stacked at RB and someone offered me Gates for Gurley. I don't need Gurley and given his under performance, this feels pretty equal. Thoughts?

Felter Chesthard
Sep 11, 2001

BonoMan posted:

I'm desperate for a TE. I'm stacked at RB and someone offered me Gates for Gurley. I don't need Gurley and given his under performance, this feels pretty equal. Thoughts?

With all the injuries there has to be a super RB needy team. I imagine you could do better.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Yeah... I mean, Gurley is a complete disaster this year, but that move just doesn't seem worth it for a couple points per game above whatever rando streaming TE.

Is someone like Will Tye or Austin Hooper not out there on waivers?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I was thinking of offering Kelce, Forte, and Powell for Dak Prescott and Gurley. It's a 10 team half PPR league, here's who I currently have:

QB: Cam Newton
RB: David Johnson, Melvin Gordon, Matt Forte, Bilal Powell, CJ Prosise (RIP)
WR: Dez Bryant, TY Hilton, Amari Cooper, Stefon Diggs, Jordan Matthews
TE: Jordan Reed, Tyler Eifert, Travis Kelce

Eifert and Kelce were waiver wire pickups that I've been trying to trade for the last few weeks. I figure Prescott is a pretty solid option, especially for the playoffs where he faces TB and Detroit. Gurley I'm still trying to figure out if it's worth grabbing. My logic for Gurley is that he's facing SF in the last week and it looks like Goff might actually be a serviceable passing threat, and it looks like Forte and Powell might end up in some kind of hellish committee.

Thoughts?

I should already be able to get Kelce for Prescott, the guy I'm trading with was open to it last week.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Spoeank posted:

I can't believe I was right about my "Michael Crabtree is bitchmade and will suck balls in the altitude" analysis.

It didn't make a difference for me either way but what the hell is up with that guy. How does he not come down with that TD?

Also holy gently caress that turf was awful.

Santheb posted:

To all the people wondering "Do I really start Kirk Cousins over X?" I'm just gonna go ahead and say this man is playing for a 100+ million dollar contract and has 6 more games to ball out. I rode the Cousins2Reed combo to the championship last year because over the second half of the season this dude played out of his mind.

I know its Dallas. I know its a short week. I know its Thursday. Fuckin go for it.

That said the only two bankable Redskins receivers are Crowder and Reed. He spreads the ball around a good deal.

I was considering finally just going Cousins over Rivers ROS, but their schedules...

(I already have Crowder and Reed on that team :getin:)

(EDIT: I am gonna go Cousins over Rivers this week.)

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Nov 22, 2016

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Keith Atherton posted:

I am considering starting Cousins this week instead of Cam

I have 2 defenses, 2 kickers, and 2 QBs in a league where I can only start one of each

There are no free agents in my league worth poo poo. Watkins? Garcon?

My lineup after losing AJ Green and Procise:

Cam
Dez
Tyrell Williams
Doug Martin
Delainie Walker
Tyreek Hill
Crowell

Matt Bryant
Denver

Bench:
Cousins
Gillislee
AJ Green
Pittsburgh
Dustin Hopkins

:shepicide:

Do not roster 2 D/STs or Kickers. Watkins and Garcon are infinitely better holds.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Inspector_666 posted:

It didn't make a difference for me either way but what the hell is up with that guy. How does he not come down with that TD?

Also holy gently caress that turf was awful.

If Michael Crabtree has any sort of adversity or anything he has to fight through he shrivels up and dies.

In short Ricky Sherman was right.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Gobias Ind. posted:

Do not roster 2 D/STs or Kickers. Watkins and Garcon are infinitely better holds.

This. There's almost zero times you should be rostering two Defenses or two Kickers.

Would you drop any of these guys for Wendell Smallwood?(Hightower and Dixon are available as well)

Dion Lewis
Corey Coleman
Eli Rogers

My RB's are Bell, Elliot, Coleman, and Lewis. Smallwood might be flex worthy if both Sproles and Mathews are out.

RCarr fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Nov 22, 2016

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Docjowles posted:

Yeah... I mean, Gurley is a complete disaster this year, but that move just doesn't seem worth it for a couple points per game above whatever rando streaming TE.

Is someone like Will Tye or Austin Hooper not out there on waivers?

Tye and Jared Cook are still out there

edit: And Vance McDonald.

Hooper is out there too, but has some seriously weak numbers... what makes him worth considering?

edit 2: Ohhhh Tamme's injury

BonoMan fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Nov 22, 2016

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
What the hell do I do with Ingram? Should I drop him for Hightower? Should I just divest myself of the Saints as much as possible (I have Snead, Cooks, and Ingram spread across my two teams)?

EDIT: At the moment Ingram is riding my bench because I have superior options so this isn't a pressing need, but still.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Nov 22, 2016

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

89 posted:

I started Ben and lost by the points Carr would have given me..

Now I get to agonize all week about starting Cam, Carr, or Ben. Thanks fantasy football.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

RCarr posted:

This. There's almost zero times you should be rostering two Defenses or two Kickers.

Would you drop any of these guys for Wendell Smallwood?(Hightower and Dixon are available as well)

Dion Lewis
Corey Coleman
Eli Rogers

My RB's are Bell, Elliot, Coleman, and Lewis. Smallwood might be flex worthy if both Sproles and Mathews are out.

I'd easily drop Rogers for Hightower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

BonoMan posted:

Tye and Jared Cook are still out there

edit: And Vance McDonald.

Hooper is out there too, but has some seriously weak numbers... what makes him worth considering?

edit 2: Ohhhh Tamme's injury

yeah. He's the only living pass catching TE on the Falcons now, and they score a ton of points, so he's as worthy of a flier as any other shitlord TE.

The problem with TE is the position is so bad. You either have Gronk, a few other usable guys, or a bunch of crap who might score 8 or 0 any given week. Giving up your first round pick for someone in the "bunch of crap" tier doesn't seem worth it. Gates is better than the guys I listed, but is he enough better to outweigh the (slight) chance Gurley lives up to his talent for a game or two and balls out for 20 points? Or as someone else said, maybe you can prey on whatever poor fucker has lost Charles/Langford/Matt Jones and is running on fumes at RB and swing a better deal.

• Locked thread