Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

comingafteryouall posted:

Yeah, this is totally a tact that will work.

This is a dang cult.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
you just figured that one out huh

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Al! posted:

you just figured that one out huh

https://twitter.com/minxiexcx/status/800761553322536960

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I would totally hug Hillary Clinton if I had the chance. I know I'd need a hug right now if I'd hosed up that badly.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

docbeard posted:

I would totally hug Hillary Clinton if I had the chance. I know I'd need a hug right now if I'd hosed up that badly.

She doesn't deserve anyone's sympathy.

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

I wouldn't hug Hillary Clinton because I wouldn't want to smell like sulfur for the rest of the day.

Maybe a nice little pat on the back.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Hillary is so good at speaking to women and people of color that some were so put off by her awesomeness that they decided to vote for Trump or stay at home.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

:same:

punk rebel ecks posted:

Hillary is so good at speaking to women and people of color that some were so put off by her awesomeness that they decided to vote for Trump or stay at home.

They were so inspired that their turnout was like half as much as it was for Obama

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

loquacius posted:

:same:

They were so inspired that their turnout was like half as much as it was for Obama

Turnout was great and Hillary did run up the score!

In California :barf:

(real talk: she is on pace right now to get the same amount of votes as 2012 Obama. It's just they're not where they need to be because gently caress the EC)

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

:whitewater::whitewater::whitewater::whitewater::whitewater::whitewater::whitewater:

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

iospace posted:

(real talk: she is on pace right now to get the same amount of votes as 2012 Obama. It's just they're not where they need to be because gently caress the EC)

There were ten million more eligible voters today compared to 2012. She's AT least short of 5 million votes.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

iospace posted:

She didn't even bother to fight in the areas she should have. Instead she went to area's she'd already run and doubled down on praising creative professionals, taking huge donations for the wealthy, hanging out with Hollywood celebs, and calling people bigots.

That's not the fault of the electoral college. That's the fault the candidate and what modern liberalism has become.

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Time to pin all of your lazy hopes and dreams on a court case!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...omepage%2Fstory

quote:

Federal judges struck down Wisconsin’s legislative map on Monday as illegally partisan, an unusual ruling that will require the Supreme Court to once again consider whether political gerrymandering violates the Constitution.

It is a question the court has addressed in the past without resolution. In its last attempt, Justice Antonin Scalia, who died in February, wrote that it was impossible for courts to come up with a test to decide when partisan line-drawing goes so far as to violate the rights of those who don’t belong to the party in power.

But the justices are divided, and they have not shut the door to the possibility that such violations could exist.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

In hindsight, I should have known Hillary was going to lose when she said "Trumped Up Trickle Down"

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
Have you guys ever looked at congressional districts around Montgomery AL? Because it's pretty hilarious how they split that 60% black city up with all those squiggly little fingers. Like AL couldn't afford to have a single goddamn dem rep lmao.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Yeah, this is totally a tact that will work.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Democrats in 2020: maybe this time white women will realize why republicans are racist sexist pigs and vote for us!

*wins popular vote by 2.5% and lose EC by 70*

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Can't wait for this SC case to be decided 5-4 in favor of gerrymandering thanks to the keen legal mind of Trump's appointed justice

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

theres a will theres moe posted:

Have you guys ever looked at congressional districts around Montgomery AL? Because it's pretty hilarious how they split that 60% black city up with all those squiggly little fingers. Like AL couldn't afford to have a single goddamn dem rep lmao.

lol

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

lazy fuckers...using the court to challenge an unconstitutional thing...lazy fuckers

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

loquacius posted:

Can't wait for this SC case to be decided 5-4 in favor of gerrymandering thanks to the keen legal mind of Trump's appointed justice

this lol

Serf
May 5, 2011

loquacius posted:

more like a monumental 11-4 decision once Trump finally succeeds where Roosevelt couldn't

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Tatum Girlparts posted:

lazy fuckers...using the court to challenge an unconstitutional thing...lazy fuckers

I wasn't saying that about the people bringing the court case.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Typo posted:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Democrats in 2020: maybe this time white women will realize why republicans are racist sexist pigs and vote for us!

Liberalism can't fail, liberalism can only be failed!

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Serf posted:

more like a monumental 11-4 decision once Trump finally succeeds where Roosevelt couldn't

last time the Court changed number of justices was an act of Congress, and the Republicans have the majority they need to do it again lol

president trump will appoint scalias replacement and also the next 92 new justices

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Typo posted:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

did you actually read that article? It was a history piece basically, it was going into how 'feminism' as a blanket isn't actually always a 'sisterhood' and went into the very long history of minority feminist issues being put to the side by the white leadership of other feminist groups. It's not like she's inventing the concept of 'white feminism' being a status quo supporting group. I thought we were all for talking about how that's a problem? Why is it when we talk about the actual people supporting that stuff it's bad?

Serf
May 5, 2011

Fullhouse posted:

last time the Court changed number of justices was an act of Congress, and the Republicans have the majority they need to do it again lol

president trump will appoint scalias replacement and also the next 92 new justices

looking forward to Chief Justice Peter Thiel to rule over the courts eternal sustained by the blood of the young who are offered to him during the summer solstice

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
peter thiel is going to die of a previously undiscovered blood-borne infection lmao

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Phobophilia posted:

peter thiel is going to die of a previously undiscovered blood-borne infection lmao

what a blood slut

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Tatum Girlparts posted:

did you actually read that article? It was a history piece basically, it was going into how 'feminism' as a blanket isn't actually always a 'sisterhood' and went into the very long history of minority feminist issues being put to the side by the white leadership of other feminist groups. It's not like she's inventing the concept of 'white feminism' being a status quo supporting group. I thought we were all for talking about how that's a problem? Why is it when we talk about the actual people supporting that stuff it's bad?

can we not do this again

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
goblin blood

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Fullhouse posted:

can we not do this again

I don't know man, is the thing supposed to be just that someone posts a headline of an article that's a completely accurate look at the history of how the status quo is accepted by minority groups due to people in the majority shutting out other voices and ignoring their issues and then we jerk off about 'identity politics' being terrible?

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Phobophilia posted:

No he'll die when someone cuts off his ring on his finger and throws it into mount doom.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I don't know man, is the thing supposed to be just that someone posts a headline of an article that's a completely accurate look at the history of how the status quo is accepted by minority groups due to people in the majority shutting out other voices and ignoring their issues and then we jerk off about 'identity politics' being terrible?

actually i think economic justice is more important and in fact subsumes social justice SPIN THE WHEEL O DEMOCRAT SAMSARA ONCE MORE

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/paulkrugman/status/801080921181081600
(I'm not supporting neo-liberal poo poo here, but it is a good question)

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Maybe there's a better way to frame that discussion than saying "White women think white men are their saviors"

Like, I dunno, a headline like "Minority Women's Issues Are Still Ignored"

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
also Thiel's body may die but his black smoke soul is just gonna jump in the first white dude it finds when it bursts forth from his body.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Al! posted:

actually i think economic justice is more important and in fact subsumes social justice SPIN THE WHEEL O DEMOCRAT SAMSARA ONCE MORE

Or you could work towards them both at the same time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

Al! posted:

Economic justice and social justice aren't compatible. You advance social justice by selling off the working class and middle class as fast as possible to corporations and then throwing in with upper class social liberals. And any attempts at economic justice will drive off those upper class social liberals and corporate partners and dilute the minority vote.

So choose, either gently caress the middle class and working class, or be a racist/sexist/homophobe.

• Locked thread