Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Is "Need For Speed" the online-only one? I had the impression that my only option for for a good single-player experience was one of the sub-titled games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

TenTwelveTwelve posted:

I finally got around to playing Rocket League and it ruined all my weekend plans plans for the year.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

TenTwelveTwelve posted:

I finally got around to playing Rocket League and it ruined all my weekend plans.

it's an astonishingly good game.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Digging around in my Japanese Playstation + rewards I found that I had at some point picked up a free copy of Crysis in Japanese. Is this game any good? I remember it being hailed as a graphical masterpiece when it came out but I don't really care that much about graphics honestly. I like shooters with stories I can get into like Bioshock and Spec Ops The Line, but other than that I don't usually touch them. Should I spend any time on Crysis? Or is it not really meant for casual shooter fans like me?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Crysis is the natural evolution to the original Far Cry (rather than the more open world nature of that game's sequels) and is mostly about giving you a bunch of tools and leaving you to figure out the best approach to a given situation. If you're only playing it for the narrative I wouldn't bother honestly.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Thanks to the weekly PSN sales I've picked up like 25 PSOne games for like $60.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You got it for free why not just try it

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Is that the first Crysis? Bear in mind that was much later on Playstation and I believe was a limited-scope port. The PC original version was the one touted as a graphical powerhouse, and is pretty much the last time a game developer released a game that were borderline theoretical at release.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

TenTwelveTwelve posted:

I finally got around to playing Rocket League and it ruined all my weekend plans.

RIP

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"
Does anyone know if Psychonauts hold up anymore? I missed getting back in the xbox era and I heard nothing about good things about it. But then again, that was a while ago and the port might suck anyways.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Shnag posted:

Does anyone know if Psychonauts hold up anymore? I missed getting back in the xbox era and I heard nothing about good things about it. But then again, that was a while ago and the port might suck anyways.

If you have never played it, you'll likely still be charmed by all of its...well, charm.

The gameplay was never amazing, though, and I don't know how well it has survived the porting process. I'll tell you this, though, for your first time: when you first start exploring the camp, actually go along and explore it thoroughly. You'll want to stockpile the game's currency item over the course of the game.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Shnag posted:

It's still a pretty solid game, although fair warning that the PS version is the worst port of the bunch, with choppy FMVs and weird graphical stuff. Still worth a play, though.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Minidust posted:

Is "Need For Speed" the online-only one? I had the impression that my only option for for a good single-player experience was one of the sub-titled games.

It's online-only and the stupid live-action cut scenes aren't skippable. I could not care less about some stupid car tuner bros and whatever ridiculous "plot" the game has. Just let me drive the loving cars.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Sony just announced their Black Friday PSN sale, at least in the EU. Probably a US one announced soon.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

Shnag posted:

I'm playing through it now for the first time, it's... OK. The writing is top-notch as you'd expect and some of the level design is great, but the camera/controls have aged really badly. I guess they were still getting the hang of how to do a real 3D platformer at the time? It's been on sale for like $5 for a long time and I think it's worth it at that price.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Thanks to the weekly PSN sales I've picked up like 25 PSOne games for like $60.

Now you just need a PSP Go to carry them around in your pocket with.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I got a 3DS in my right pocket and a Vita in my left.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I got a 3DS in my right pocket and a Vita in my left.

trade pants with me

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Policenaut posted:

Sony just announced their Black Friday PSN sale, at least in the EU. Probably a US one announced soon.

The grand european tradition of thanksgiving

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Retailers in the U.K. at least have been desperately trying to make it a thing here for the past two or three years, I guess because it looks better if you have a reason to do sudden price drops for a weekend?
Black Friday I mean, not Thanksgiving, not quite that desperate yet.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

From what I hear Halloween is also a thing in Europe now so I guess they go hand in hand

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I just noticed that most, if not all, of my Vita games listed on Sony's store also list them for the PS3. Is that just to show that you can download them to the PS3 before moving them to the vita, or can you play Vita games on the PS3 now?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Anora posted:

I just noticed that most, if not all, of my Vita games listed on Sony's store also list them for the PS3. Is that just to show that you can download them to the PS3 before moving them to the vita, or can you play Vita games on the PS3 now?

The former.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

From what I hear Halloween is also a thing in Europe now so I guess they go hand in hand
Yes Halloween is a thing in Europe given that it originated here

Dr Sun Try
May 23, 2009

Plaster Town Cop

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

The grand european tradition of thanksgiving

we call it "getting-rid-of-religious-extremists day"

Dr Sun Try
May 23, 2009

Plaster Town Cop

irlZaphod posted:

Yes Halloween is a thing in Europe given that it originated here

only on some unimportant islands

Sibilant Crisp
Jul 4, 2014

Shnag posted:

I really love Psychonauts, I've played it a few times through and it definitely holds up. People in this thread are saying the camera and controls aren't the best, but I never had too many problems other than in the last level, in which I did better than I think most people who complain do. I even went into the game expecting poo poo controls and was pleasantly surprised.

It's incredibly charming and worth playing through.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
Is there a goon-approved site for PS Sale alerts? I want to keep an eye on the Dark Souls 1 DLC to see if it goes on sale, I got Demon's Souls for €8 on sale a few weeks back. DS1 isn't digital but luckily I have a copy lying around, I want to pick up the DLC but I know there's usually PS sales this time of year so I think I can hold off a few weeks!

Forgot to mention I'm EU (Ireland/UK?)

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Is there a goon-approved site for PS Sale alerts? I want to keep an eye on the Dark Souls 1 DLC to see if it goes on sale, I got Demon's Souls for €8 on sale a few weeks back. DS1 isn't digital but luckily I have a copy lying around, I want to pick up the DLC but I know there's usually PS sales this time of year so I think I can hold off a few weeks!

psprices.com, you can specify region too.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

https://psprices.com/ is a good one.
You can adjust the region on the top-right border . You can set up a mail alert on the website aswell

Edit: Beaten

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
HMMM

so this is what PSPrices is telling me...

Yet on PSN...

Any ideas 🤔?

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.
It's not in the PSN Store, but here the cheapest Battleborn deal I've seen so far...
Battleborn + character figure for $9.99 at GameStop.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

MisterAlex posted:

It's not in the PSN Store, but here the cheapest Battleborn deal I've seen so far...
Battleborn + character figure for $9.99 at GameStop.

Hahah holy poo poo, Gamestop beside me are selling it new for €5

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Notes on Final Fantasy XV language options

It seems like all the Western versions of the game have all the European languages, and even Japanese text as an option. Asian territories seem to have a separate Chinese/Korean version.

HMMM

so this is what PSPrices is telling me...

Yet on PSN...

Any ideas 🤔?

That's really weird, seems their data feed hasn't updated right since September.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

univbee posted:

That's really weird, seems their data feed hasn't updated right since September.

Ah poo poo, thanks!

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

univbee posted:

Notes on Final Fantasy XV language options

It seems like all the Western versions of the game have all the European languages, and even Japanese text as an option. Asian territories seem to have a separate Chinese/Korean version.

I desperately want to be able to choose what langauge each character speaks in

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"

quote:

Psychonauts

Thanks for the recommendations, I bought it, but haven't tried it out yet. Cheap sale games are to tempting once their under $5. *places psychonauts next to swapper and grow home and other games to eventually get too. Plays Overwatch instead*

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Son of a bitch, a buddy of mine has been harassing me to get the Taken King for PS3 since he has basically no one left to play with and isn't upgrading, so I caved since it was on sale this week, but apparently I missed the deadline by (according to the CSR) literally 45 seconds even though it was listed as still being on sale on the purchase screen. So... just accidentally paid full price for the expansion to a game that already had all its live events cancelled and is basically dead and I was already bored of last year when I stopped playing it. :feelsgood:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Crindee posted:

Son of a bitch, a buddy of mine has been harassing me to get the Taken King for PS3 since he has basically no one left to play with and isn't upgrading, so I caved since it was on sale this week, but apparently I missed the deadline by (according to the CSR) literally 45 seconds even though it was listed as still being on sale on the purchase screen. So... just accidentally paid full price for the expansion to a game that already had all its live events cancelled and is basically dead and I was already bored of last year when I stopped playing it. :feelsgood:
How much was it on sale? Usually I only see them like $10 off whatever the regular price was so it's not too exciting.

At least you'll get to play with them. I only have the useless season pass on PS3 side so I can't do poo poo with anyone on that end even if I wanted to clear off the disk space.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Yeah it was only like six bucks off or something so ultimately who cares, it's just irritating that I managed to miss it by actual seconds.

• Locked thread