Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

Inkel posted:

I'm almost positive this isn't a real deal. Someone just said it (likely as an exaggeration) and people have just been quoting it over and over.

I just bought Titanfall 2 recently on PC. Origin has it on sale for $40, but (at least when I bought it) you could also use a discount code TITAN20 to bring it down to like $32 or $33.

Game is worth $35 for sure (paid $50 and don't regret it). Its the first twitch shooter I've really enjoyed since Tribes 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I, for one, enjoy watching Beet suffer for his foolishness.

I very seriously underestimated how many people wanted a stupid picture in their rap sheet tbh

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Pffft. Titanfall 2. Remember, a true FPS full of immersion and cutting edge AI called Star Marine is right around the corner.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

AbstractNapper posted:

I think Holiday Live Stream is yet to come (it will be in December; as it was last year's). This was the "anniversary live stream".

Other than that, good work on the breakdown!

Thanks, man they have so many dumb shows... I fixed it I can only hope I got Mandi's name right!!!

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I've decided to finish Alien Isolation and Metro Last Light and Crysis 3 because I've owned them for ages

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

ripptide posted:

That was all CR could afford, without giving up the Porsche

If I'm not mistaken, you can buy 30 pure silver coins of 1 oz each at a total of ~$530 or so. It's what, like a third of a single Idris-P.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I'll keep you all updated

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

peter gabriel posted:

I've decided to finish Alien Isolation and Metro Last Light and Crysis 3 because I've owned them for ages
Yeah, best get them out of the way now because once 3.0 hits you won't need other games anymore.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

peter gabriel posted:

Good luck, Commando o9

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

peter gabriel posted:

Metro Last Light

Loved the original, how did this one hold up?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Hi, just a kind reminder to call or visit your parents wherever possible. They raised you with care and love and would like to hear about what you're getting up to in your life nowadays

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

loving fixed that for you. Learn your dates damnit:

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

peter gabriel posted:

Metro Last Light

I think I have this but never played it let me know how it is and I will probably continue not playing it because why would I play anything other than SC?

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Beet Wagon posted:

I will never get over how loving terrified Summer Glau looks in that picture.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Maw posted:

I think I have this but never played it let me know how it is and I will probably continue not playing it because why would I play anything other than SC?

A fair point well made

Samizdata
May 14, 2007
Gotta get old school with it.

:pgabz: says PAAAAAAAAAARP!

Aldo, SAMIZDATA FOR YOUR IDIOT KING! You know, you need a PROPER idiot to be king of the idiots.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

it looks like he has the body fat of about 4.5 Summer Glau's

also, where can I get Titanfall 2 for 15 bucks as mentioned earlier in the thread? I got burned on the first one, but my friend literally wrote the story for Titanfall 2 and includes me in some of the audio files...
I should probably buy it.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

So what's the difference between JAVELIN - LTI - UEE WARBOND VERSION and AEGIS JAVELIN - LTI - ANNIVERSARY 2016 apart for the latter being $350 more expensive? Does it get any extra stuff or is it just some one-in-a-lifetime-2016-badge™ relevant until one-in-a-lifetime-2017-badge™ arrives? Also it still gets me that they really openly ask $3500 for digital ships on their website for a game that doesn't exist and people buy those up like hotcakes.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

The more expensive one is the one you HAVE to buy if you want to use any store credit in the purchase lol.

If you're paying with "new" cash money you get a discount, because of reasons totally unrelated to CIG being desperately in need of money.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Palpek posted:

So what's the difference between JAVELIN - LTI - UEE WARBOND VERSION and AEGIS JAVELIN - LTI - ANNIVERSARY 2016 apart for the latter being $350 more expensive? Does it get any extra stuff or is it just some one-in-a-lifetime-2016-badge™ relevant until one-in-a-lifetime-2017-badge™ arrives? Also it still gets me that they really openly ask $3500 for digital ships on their website for a game that doesn't exist and people buy those up like hotcakes.

Without actually bothering to look at their website, I'm guessing the difference is that the Warbond version is a fresh cash-only discount. Meaning you can't melt your current ships for store credit or use gift cards in order to get the Warbond-version discount.

/\/\/\/\ :argh:

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

peter gabriel posted:

Repeatedly Stealing Images

Copying Is Good

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Beet Wagon posted:

The more expensive one is the one you HAVE to buy if you want to use any store credit in the purchase lol.
What the gently caress

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

Palpek posted:

What the gently caress

No you see it's a good and normal business practice and not at all shady because

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Also the different ship variants have more to them than just palette swaps like

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013
The sign of a healthy company in just the same way that missed deadlines are the sign of healthy development.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Palpek posted:

What the gently caress

I'm not sure you understand ship development.

Oleyo
Mar 28, 2016

Look! A Horse! posted:

i read that stimpire story every single time

A true agent of the stimpire.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Lladre posted:

I think we need to take a step back and look at where this money would have gone if it hadn't gone into internet spaceship dreams.

Our first instinct is to think this money would have gone to another more competent game developer.

But it would not have. A lot of this money would have gone to junk food. An insane number would have gone into payments of people's housing or cars or other debt.
I wouldn't doubt there is even a couple of cases of neglected child support payments in the mix. (Not many but some)
It would have gone into anime or Star Trek or Star Wars merchandise or plastic Japanese robot toys.

Sure some portion would have gone to competent game developers. but I am pretty sure that amount is in the low couple of millions.

Yeah I hate to think about it but you're probably right.

At least in the absence of teaching people about IRAs or whatever we can laugh at the ongoing trainwreck :buddy:

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Look! A Horse! posted:

i read that stimpire story every single time

Not doing so is punishable by deskeletonisation so it's a good thing you do

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"
Oh excuse me Star Citizen thread. Can someone please show me where I can buy Titanfall 2 for fifteen american dollar pounds. Many thankyou

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"
I'm only kidding Crobbler.

Titanfall? More like TitanFAIL amirite?

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Nickiepoo posted:

Loved the original, how did this one hold up?

More of the same basically with a few tweaks here and there.
Which is good, since the original was amazing.

Story is pretty meh, sadly, gets worse in progress.

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

After the "Happy Alaskan" we might soon hear from a "Happy Norwegian" incident:

http://www.thelocal.no/20161121/police-break-up-massive-norwegian-paedophilia-ring

Oleyo
Mar 28, 2016

Chalks posted:

I certainly think the most reasonable explanation is [complex conspiracy spanning 4 years and multiple accounts] rather than [thing we don't understand due to us being literal idiots on the internet and not having very much information to work with] yes indeed sir. I truly have seen the light of internet detective work and the fact that it cannot jump to stupid conclusions.

I thought Derek has always been a mod of this dumb subforum? Like that's why it was called Derek Smart's House of dicks and farts or whatever?

If it was on the main games board at the time then lol.

"Complex conspiracy" - Pretending to be someone else online, for free stuff and/or attention.

That is such a complex conspiracy, take off the tinfoil hat! It probably isn't so easy and widespread that they don't call it catfishing, and it isn't talked about anywhere, and doesn't have all kinds of trash TV about it.

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

That picture is pretty much the extremes of humanity in a whole lot of ways.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Story is pretty meh, sadly, gets worse in progress.

Bah, as long as it's worth it for the gameplay/world.

Btw I started the book and it's the most dense and depressing thing I've ever read so that part fits.

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

My hands are all messed up so you better post, brother.

peter gabriel posted:

I tried to make some progress in Alien Isolation last night but nope, still stuck in a medical bay vent making GBS threads myself with fear

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Tane

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
:ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Neat!

• Locked thread