Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

HailedUser posted:

Ironically, the site that tells you which Harry Potter character you are probably has more pull with the general public than WaPo at this point, precisely for the reason that WaPo leaked the story in the first place.

i wouldnt be surprised if most ppl got their news from facebook memes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

trump foundation is trending worldwide

not like it's gonna matter

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Turdfuzz posted:

i thought it already was pedo stuff

you've won this round, turdfuzz

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Turdfuzz posted:

if trump bans anime then u might get some cool underground anime stuff that is actually good instead of making me wish everyone involved was dead

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Darkman Fanpage posted:

:smugdon: appreciate the help 4chan, now get hosed

If this happens /pol/ will go Austin Redguard leftist autistic overnight.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Schnorkles posted:

nice website you have here lowtax..

would be a shame if all the traffic to it was redirected to 4chan

We all know that if net neutrality went away, Lowtax would never pony up for the "fast" connection for this site. SA would go back to 56k speeds.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Montasque posted:

pepes and antifa, together at last

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
while some doubters have claimed that eminent domain cannot be applied to the minerals and water content of a living human's body, their closing argument was so rude and mean that chief justice peter thiel's golden gaze reduced them to base carbon. many are saying this is a huge victory for the trump administration

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Democrats are loving terrible:

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/11/meet-the-hamilton-electors-hoping-for-an-electoral-college-revolt/508433/

quote:

Michael Baca of Colorado and Bret Chiafalo of Washington state call themselves the Hamilton Electors, in a nod to Alexander Hamilton’s explanation of the Electoral College’s necessity

“We’re trying to be that ‘break in case of emergency’ fire hose that’s gotten dusty over the last 200 years,” Chaifolo told me. “This is an emergency.”

Ah I see, good on you guys - you can see plainly that Donald Trump is a nightmare the likes of which we've never dealt with who will use the presidency as an office of personal gain while rolling back all the basic economic protections we fought so hard to put in place after the 2008 Bush Recession.

Especially considering Trump got demolished in the popular vote, there's a real argument to be made that because Trump is so uniquely worthless, and we have someone who the people clearly chose, we can use the electoral college to elect Clinton.

quote:

Baca described their best-case scenario: uniting 135 Republican and 135 Democratic electors behind a moderate Republican candidate, thus securing that person’s position as president with the required 270 votes.

Wait, what.

quote:

Chiafolo, a Bernie Sanders supporter during the Democratic primary, previously told a Seattle Times reporter that he hadn’t “ruled out” withholding his vote from Clinton.

Democrats are loving terrible.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Turdfuzz posted:

i thought it already was pedo stuff

they'd drop the "she's an 8000 year old soul in a 10 year old's body" pretense tho

Serf
May 5, 2011

Montasque posted:

alternatively: nothing matters

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
You know, maybe it would be for the best to shut this whole "internet" thing down, at least until we can figure out what is going on

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

pathetic little tramp posted:

https://twitter.com/JoeNBC/status/268116267473444866

and they're gonna let mccrory steal an election

hope they enjoy the coming eternal darkness

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Karl Sharks posted:

they'd drop the "she's an 8000 year old soul in a 10 year old's body" pretense tho

alternatively,

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
"the hamilton electors"

lmao

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

spunkshui posted:

Rules change with one party starts buying up newspapers.

Which is why I'm asking. I read somewhere that Obama (And probably earlier presidents too) had some off-the-record segments and wondered what they would contain in a sane presidency.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

You know, maybe it would be for the best to shut this whole "internet" thing down, at least until we can figure out what is going on

barron trump to be named czar of shutting that whole internet thing down

Serf
May 5, 2011

lmao as if this wouldn't immediately trigger Civil War 2.0

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/11/meet-the-hamilton-electors-hoping-for-an-electoral-college-revolt/508433/

Ah I see, good on you guys - you can see plainly that Donald Trump is a nightmare the likes of which we've never dealt with who will use the presidency as an office of personal gain while rolling back all the basic economic protections we fought so hard to put in place after the 2008 Bush Recession.

Especially considering Trump got demolished in the popular vote, there's a real argument to be made that because Trump is so uniquely worthless, and we have someone who the people clearly chose, we can use the electoral college to elect Clinton.

Wait, what.

As we descend further into insanity, I am pleased that the only faithless electors will be people withholding their votes from Clinton. Clearly now is the time to stand up to her slightly-right of Sanders reign of terror! gently caress these guys, they're worse than the Redhat collaborator scum.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Vertical Lime posted:

and they're gonna let mccrory steal an election

there is some hope for that

https://twitter.com/rickhasen/status/800919311539806208?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Serf posted:

you say that like it wouldn't be preferable

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Serf posted:

well, i am tired of hearing the south will rise again, put your money where you mouth is fucker

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
https://twitter.com/Rosie/status/800939338615824384

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Serf posted:

The electors should absolutely elect Clinton and fulfill their initial constitutional duties. If the Republicans can win on an antiquated technicality designed by slaveholder garbage (all the while the public doesn't give a gently caress), then the Democrats should be able to as well.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Montasque posted:

oh its gonna happen. net neut is gonna die at the hands of trump and the cable companies will go hog wild

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

if the nc gop goes through on their plan it's going to end up in federal court so fast your head will spin

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

didnt know rosie browses /pol/

Serf
May 5, 2011

Yinlock posted:

you say that like it wouldn't be preferable

but like for who

Karl Sharks posted:

well, i am tired of hearing the south will rise again, put your money where you mouth is fucker

if the South rises up again I will join la resistance

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

*sigh*

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Schnorkles posted:

if the nc gop goes through on their plan it's going to end up in federal court so fast your head will spin

spinning bowtie, kazoo noise, etc

Serf
May 5, 2011

Nichael posted:

The electors should absolutely elect Clinton and fulfill their initial constitutional duties. If the Republicans can win on an antiquated technicality designed by slaveholder garbage (all the while the public doesn't give a gently caress), then the Democrats should be able to as well.

this would 100% destroy any trust people have left in the processes of government

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

mormonpartyboat posted:

spinning bowtie, kazoo noise, etc

'this is a compelling argument mister lawyer but have you considered that nothing matters? *puts on groucho marx mask* *blows kazoo*"

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Schnorkles posted:

i want them to get owned super loving hard cause gently caress them the rat loving fucks

Serf posted:

if the South rises up again I will join la resistance

:same:

that would be me, sharks in hand!

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Serf posted:

this would 100% destroy any trust people have left in the processes of government

this might be important in a world where trump didn't already do that

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Serf posted:

get a constitutional crisis is what we'd get

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

Wait, what.

Tbf they're trying to woo 37 Republicans away from Trump having the 270 to kick it to the house

The house will go trump anyway, but it might be the only way to break the electoral college in the near term

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Nichael posted:

Find that video of Trump meeting with the KGB after raping a 12 year old in 1987 and that'll happen.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Schnorkles posted:

'this is a compelling argument mister lawyer but have you considered that nothing matters? *puts on groucho marx mask* *blows kazoo*"

you can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause

Serf
May 5, 2011

Yinlock posted:

this might be important in a world where trump didn't already do that

the dude won the electoral college, which is a hosed up institution that shouldn't exist, but he won it

time to make peace with that and work towards saving what we can on 2018 and beating him in 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

if America goes through a month of Trump is President! and then in December some poo poo no one cares about suddenly declares Clinton or anyone else the winner this country will implode in six hours

• Locked thread