Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Black Friday sale is updating now, and there's a 10% off PSN code. It doesn't apply to pre-orders although it seems to technically expire after FFXV is released if you don't mind skipping the pre-order bonuses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

univbee posted:

Black Friday sale is updating now, and there's a 10% off PSN code. It doesn't apply to pre-orders although it seems to technically expire after FFXV is released if you don't mind skipping the pre-order bonuses.

Oh poo poo, where's the code?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Policenaut posted:

Oh poo poo, where's the code?

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
God drat, between Hitman, Witcher 3 and Mad Max, I might end up spending what I set aside for the psn black friday before they even get to the flash sale.

Also Dishonoured and Trackmania.

axelblaze fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Nov 22, 2016

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

glam rock hamhock posted:

God drat, between Hitman, Witcher 3 and Mad Max, I might end up spending what I set aside for the psn black friday before they even get to the flash sale.

Oh dang, is there going to be a flash sale too? Because I'm kind of disappointed that COD IW Legacy isn't here. I would have even taken a price match with what Best Buy, Walmart and friends are offering.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Bear in mind there should be a Flash Sale this coming weekend too.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Policenaut posted:

Oh dang, is there going to be a flash sale too? Because I'm kind of disappointed that COD IW Legacy isn't here. I would have even taken a price match with what Best Buy, Walmart and friends are offering.

They haven't had a flash sale yet this month and next weekend, the weekend of Black Friday, is the last weekend of the month so there's almost a 100% they're gonna have a flash sale.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Policenaut posted:

i would be super stunned if a cod game ever went on sale let alone the new one

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

nice wonder if they'll put up the FFXV stand-alone season pass once the game is out

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.

rabidsquid posted:

i would be super stunned if a cod game ever went on sale let alone the new one

... But CoD: AW is on sale right now? :confused:

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
PS4 Games:

Overwatch - $39.59
Rainbow Six Siege - $24.99
GTA:V - $29.99
MLB The Show 16 - $14.99
Dishonored: Definitive Edition - $11.99
Shadow of Mordor: GOTY Edition - $9.99
Batman Arkham Knight - $11.99
The Division - $24.99
Witcher 3 Complete Edition - $29.99
Star Wars Battlefront - $10.49
rear end Creed Unity - $11.99
Mad Max - $9.99
Trackmania Turbo - $14.79
Dragon Ball Xenoverse - $13.99
Borderlands Handsome Collection - $23.99
rear end Creed Syndicate - $14.99
MX Vs ATV Supercross Encore - $23.99
Dirt Rally - $29.99
Far Cry 4 - $14.79
F1 2016 - $38.99
Just Cause 3 - $20.99
Dark Siders 2 Deathinitive Edition - $8.99
Journey Collector's Edition - $14.99
Witcher 3 - $19.99
Just Dance 2016 - $24.79
Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 - $23.99
Sword Art Online Lost Song - $20.99
The Crew - $9.89
Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator - $17.99
Street Fighter V - $29.99
Tropico 5 - $7.49
Mighty No. 9 - $9.99
Tales of Zestiria - $23.99
Wolfenstein Old Blood - $9.99
Far Cry Primal - $14.99
One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 - $17.99
BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma Extend - $17.49
J-Stars Victory VS+ - $14.99
Digimon Cyber Sleuth - $23.99
Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force - $17.99
One Piece Burning Blood - $29.99
Magadimension Neptunia VII - $7.49

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
In addition to all of the new Hitman is on sale, with the full thing being 50% off.

Really gonna be tough to wait until the weekend to pull the trigger but I'm gonna be away from the PS4 all week anyways so there's no reason not to wait until the flash sale.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Those are non-Plus prices by the way, I am seeing a lot of them cheaper with Plus

glam rock hamhock posted:

In addition to all of the new Hitman is on sale, with the full thing being 50% off.

Really gonna be tough to wait until the weekend to pull the trigger but I'm gonna be away from the PS4 all week anyways so there's no reason not to wait until the flash sale.
It's good but that does just put it in line with the various Black Friday ads, so you could get a disc copy for that price.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Yeah I'm gonna add some stuff to the car and see what black Friday gives us. I mostly want titanfall 2 digital.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

CrashCat posted:

Those are non-Plus prices by the way, I am seeing a lot of them cheaper with Plus

Yeah for whatever reason I cannot get the PS store to log in with Chrome, always gets some sort of error after I input my password and 2FA.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I've heard questionable things about it but if I liked Just Cause 2, should I go ahead and get 3? 15 bucks seems like that's as good as it's getting.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

RBA Starblade posted:

I've heard questionable things about it but if I liked Just Cause 2, should I go ahead and get 3? 15 bucks seems like that's as good as it's getting.

do not buy this game on PS4. if you don't give a poo poo about sub-godawful 20fps in an action/explosion heavy game though go for it, it's mostly the same as JC2 except they hosed over fans when they said "more fun all the time" because a LOT of the best upgrades and poo poo are locked behind horrid challenge minigames.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

RBA Starblade posted:

Yes. The DLC, particularly at least the Sky DLC, is really worth it too.

e: the Earth and Sky DLC both tend to remove the criticism of "all the good stuff is behind a lot of challenges" because the vehicles they give you are even better and easier to unlock.

I played it on PS4 and found it perfectly playable but it probably performs better elsewhere. I did the thing to turn off online integration and the load times were pretty bearable. Still, I paid like $40 CAD and found it was a really good price for what I got.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I just bought Hitman on Steam otherwise I would leap at it on PSN.

Just Cause 3 is definitely not worth it on PS4, if all the stories about load times are true.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Hmm, I'll wait and see if the sale hits Steam too first I guess. Thanks guys!

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
To those who posted the 10% off code: bless your hearts.

I am sitting with TT Batman and Hitman Season Passes, Borderlands Handsome Collection, FC Primal and Mad Max in my cart.

Is the limit $150 per transaction after the 10% off, or $200? Friday night is going to be a good time even if there isn't a flash sale.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

I'm hoping that the pending Flash Sale has more PS3 and Vita games...

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Kenny Logins posted:

I am sitting with TT Batman and Hitman Season Passes, Borderlands Handsome Collection, FC Primal and Mad Max in my cart.

Is the limit $150 per transaction after the 10% off, or $200? Friday night is going to be a good time even if there isn't a flash sale.

Canada raised the cart limit to $200, not sure if the US did the same. So the best you can do in Canada is $200 of discounted stuff and paying $180.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Kenny Logins posted:

I think they upped to 200 in Canada so 150 for USA . Limit applies after any discounts.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

When does the Black Friday sale end? I want witcher and a couple other games, but I also want titanfall 2, which I'm hoping will be in the flash sale

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
If you haven't played Shadow of Mordor yet that's a sweet price. I'll also go to bat for Darksiders 2 and say it's a pretty fun game that's absolutely worth $6.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

When does the Black Friday sale end? I want witcher and a couple other games, but I also want titanfall 2, which I'm hoping will be in the flash sale

Next Tuesday

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

univbee posted:

Canada raised the cart limit to $200, not sure if the US did the same. So the best you can do in Canada is $200 of discounted stuff and paying $180.

Ineffiable posted:

I think they upped to 200 in Canada so 150 for USA . Limit applies after any discounts.
Thanks guys. Yeah, CAD here. I was wondering why it didn't scream bloody murder when I tried to add Uncharted 4 when my cart was already around $98.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Welp, now's the time to decide if I want to get into Overwatch. Considering the PS Plus price, lack of sales tax for PSN in my case, and the 10x rewards with the PS rewards card (apparently an extra x5 points for this sale too?), this easily outdoes the best Black Friday retail deals ($35+tax).

Might be overkill since I also plan on getting Titanfall 2. There's also XCOM 2 for $30 sitting in my Amazon cart right now. Choices...

btw, the fine print in the 10% PSN coupon says that it's one-time-use, in case anyone was wondering. So make sure you figure out everything you might want before placing an order!

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.
I want to pick up Primal, is it worth it for the extra $5 for the bundled edition for $20? If it's just some stupid skinned weapon pack then forget it.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Is the Neptunia game actually good?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

ghostinmyshell posted:

I want to pick up Primal, is it worth it for the extra $5 for the bundled edition for $20? If it's just some stupid skinned weapon pack then forget it.
I was thinking on this too. There is a 3 mission expansion where you play as a mammoth as the big get, there's also an unbreakable club and "advanced access" to "rare" materials you otherwise normally get (i.e. premium currency IAP).

I'm planning on passing and just getting the base game, from my experience with FC3 and 4 I'm sure it'll stand alone fine.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Do you like anime?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Smirking_Serpent posted:

You could probably get $5 of fun out of it unless you die from rolling your eyes at the sense of humor

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

cage-free egghead posted:

Yeah for whatever reason I cannot get the PS store to log in with Chrome, always gets some sort of error after I input my password and 2FA.

Delete all your cookies for *.playstation.com and login again and it will probably start working.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Takoluka posted:

Do you like anime?

I'm kind of... neutral? Potentially? I don't hate it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

If your answer isn't a full-throated "anime, gently caress YEAH" then no, Neptunia is not a game for you. It is literally fanservice, anime jokes and video game jokes wrapped around a mediocre JRPG.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Megadimension goes from zero to bathhouse scene within the first hour or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Yeah, you sound like me and my advice would be to save your money. Motto's not joking about the bathhouse scene, either. They can't wait to disrobe your teen girl team "for laughs".

• Locked thread