Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shepard.shouldgo
Feb 2, 2016

Orange King and his broomstackers are on the clock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jampact
Jun 3, 2008
Sorry I didn't mention who was up next. Protocol violation!

I did also want to say that I have lots of RPs and would like some good OF players please.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Among other things, I have a 1983 Cal Ripken, a 1983 Lou Whittaker and a 2013 David Wright all on the block! That's a starting IF right there.

Hey EC Class! I would like a nice pick for some or all of them!

Hey Sub-Par league! I would like an Ace SP or a Ruth!

Someone please PM me an offer or catch me on Twitter or IRC or something :)

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Jampact posted:

I did also want to say that I have lots of RPs and would like some good OF players please.

what kinda player / draft picks would it cost to get a couple of the relievers you didn't roster?

Jampact
Jun 3, 2008

TheFlyingLlama posted:

what kinda player / draft picks would it cost to get a couple of the relievers you didn't roster?

Make me an offer and we'll figure it out. Obviously, someone like Betances is worth more than a 26th man OF type.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa

Jampact posted:

Hi I'd like some RPs. Would an OF like Larry Walker help your team? I also have pick 63 in the draft which I was going to use on and RP anyway that I can offer. Outside of RPs I'm also interested in SP Aaron Sanchez from the AL All Star team!

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

Jampact posted:

I know people are jumping on this since everyone has OFs and needs relievers, but would an aging-but-still-quite-solid Willie Mays interest you?

GVOLTT
Dec 27, 2012

Honestly, I don't know what I want to put here, so I'm going with this.

Ice To Meet You posted:

Box Score

Okay, now you can start looking at the draft list.
Oh thank goodness.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Guys I have on the block! Ages in parenthesis! Looking for draft picks, a defensive outfielder who can hit, an elite defensive 3B or SS.

C (25) Victor Martinez - Switch hitting catcher, can also play first. Has hit pretty well for me but I already have a switch hitting catcher
1B/LF (29) Hank Greenberg - Right handed power bat
1B/LF (24) Willie McCovey - Left handed power bat!
2B (28) Napoleon Lajoie - Prime right handed 2B action
3B (28) Edgar Martinez - Can more competently stand at 3B than players who are "technically" 3B, elite right handed bat!
LF (26) Goose Goslin - big time contact! This dude can hit anywhere and walks pretty well. Warning he is an absolute butcher in the field but he can really rake
LF/1B (31) Carl Yastrzemski - Recently traded for a Hank Aaron AND more. Mine will cost much less despite being essentially the same thing
OF (31) Heinie Manush - speedy left handed contact hitting outfielder, can competently play all three positions, decent arm and defense
RF/OF (30) Ellis Burks - right handed more modern guy, hits for a little power and average, surprisingly all right in RF and can play CF
RF (28) Larry Walker - he's Canadian! Wow! Largely retains his power, strong arm. Good power corner outfield bat for a modern guy
RP (30) Steve Reed - okay modern reliever that absolutely cannot play in my park. Strikes some guys out
RP (27) Curt Leskanic - see Steve Reed

Not every single one of these guys is going to stay on the block, but I also don't exactly need six starting caliber outfielders. Edgar and Goose Goslin are mutually exclusive barring some special circumstance, I would really prefer to DH both of them and can't for obvious reasons. Note that Goose Goslin being from the 20s and having really outstanding contact means he's pretty much platoon immune. Also I would theoretically be open to moving any of my non Joss/Mathewson deadball guys as I don't exactly need seven or eight starters, but I can also just live with them in the bullpen so I'm not selling low on any of them.

edit: roster link

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

rabidsquid posted:

OF (31) Heinie Manush - speedy left handed contact hitting outfielder, can competently play all three positions, decent arm and defense
No he can't. He can play CF, barely, and nothing else.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Pander posted:

No he can't. He can play CF, barely, and nothing else.

Well in contrast to what I've been having to deal with in my outfield maybe he only seemed competent.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

rabidsquid posted:

Well in contrast to what I've been having to deal with in my outfield maybe he only seemed competent.

He can do CF okay. But even with a deadball rotation he's death in either corner.

OrangeKing
Dec 5, 2002

They do play in October!

The Broomstackers select 1987 Barry Bonds. Next up: The Forgettables and Gabriel Pope!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

mentholmoose posted:

Monicro or TMMadman, I want one of your Albert Pujols's. I think you're both looking for pitching, so I will offer the following for Albert:

'04 Addie Joss
'94 John Olerud

Either of you let me know if you're interested.

I'm sorry, but even though my Pujols might be broken, I have no desire to trade him at this time.

mrnoun
Jul 24, 2007
I AM TRADING TOO MUCH

Landers send:
1983 Gary Carter

Bombers send:
Dispersal Draft pick #70
1995 Reggie Jefferson
1995 Erik Hanson

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

mrnoun posted:

I AM TRADING TOO MUCH

Landers send:
1983 Gary Carter

Bombers send:
Dispersal Draft pick #70
1995 Reggie Jefferson
1995 Erik Hanson

Oh yeah, insurance if Berra or Piazza gets injured. I approve.

e: Jefferson and Hanson are both from my feeder, the '95 Red Sox.

TMMadman posted:

I'm sorry, but even though my Pujols might be broken, I have no desire to trade him at this time.

:smith:

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
Dang, there goes my idea to use consecutive picks to draft Boggs and Brett and have an infield consisting entirely of two Wade Boggses and two George Bretts.

Robert Deadford
Mar 1, 2008
Ultra Carp
Hello comrades.

I would like to make some trades. I want to improve my starting pitching, by trading either for a draft pick or directly for a player.

Enquiries to the usual address, please.

Thanks!

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Anyone want to trade me a draft pick for 2010 Ichiro? Or a reliever. Reminder I'm willing to talk about anything on my sheet, though the names that are highlighted will be very hard to convince me to trade.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Jampact posted:

Make me an offer and we'll figure it out. Obviously, someone like Betances is worth more than a 26th man OF type.

Any interest in my first rounder? Would like any two relievers of my choice (one will be betances, the other will not be.)

E: it would be either Jansen or Kimbrel; your choice.
E2: no idea if he's for sale in theory but I'd love that Kershaw. Would offer my first and second round picks for him plus the Romo you didn't roster.

FairGame fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Nov 22, 2016

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Someone throw quality corner infielders at me for the pick

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

Straight White Shark posted:

Someone throw quality corner infielders at me for the pick

well I don't have quality infielders to trade you, but I do have an Eddie Matthews/ Mike Schmidt 3B platoon I'd trade for a later pick if you want corner guys

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Additional trade madness

Forgettables send:
Draft pick #4
Draft pick #29

Burns Zephyrs send:
1983 Lou Whitaker
1983 Eddie Murray
2013 David Wright

EDIT: fixed

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Additional trade madness

Forgettables send:
Draft pick #4
Draft pick #29

Burns Zephyrs send:
1983 Lou Whitaker
1983 Eddie Murray
2013 David Wright

Accepted. I will ponder which SP I want :)

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

thats not okay!

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates

Additional trade madness

Forgettables send:
Draft pick #4
Draft pick #29

Burns Zephyrs send:
1983 Lou Whitaker
1983 Eddie Murray
2013 David Wright

Oh my god this trade is bad.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

someone please save pope's family from kensei's clutches

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
why am I seeing these posts now? I have an Arky Vaughan that can play third dang it

a 1940 version no less so it is a good year version!

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

The Burns Zephyrs select '99 Cy Young and welcome him to the top of our rotation.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
If anyone else wants to trade a high first-rounder for a second-/third- and two fourth-round talents, please give me a holler. I promise I won't make you also throw in your second round pick.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."
Gabriel Pope/Straight White Shark has been around since Super-League III. I'll protect new owners, but not owners who made their first team in 2011.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Phone-posting to say the Brooklyn Giants select the 1956 Say Hey Kid. Marauder alt #5 is up.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
Oh, Willie Mays is a top-5 DD talent now? Well guess who has one for trade. (It's me.)

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Mornacale posted:

Oh, Willie Mays is a top-5 DD talent now? Well guess who has one for trade. (It's me.)

Wait so you don't show up when your team is fighting for its life, but you show up to snark tradechat?

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Pander posted:

Wait so you don't show up when your team is fighting for its life, but you show up to snark tradechat?

Snarking is the lifeblood of the Super-League. Well, and despair. And anger, if we're talking about Smasher.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

TheMcD posted:

Snarking is the lifeblood of the Super-League. Well, and despair. And anger, if we're talking about Smasher.

Don't forget misery. Misery is pretty important too.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TheMcD posted:

mentholmoose posted:

Don't forget misery. Misery is pretty important too.

Does this mean I'm a fool to be filled with hope and optimism?

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

TMMadman posted:

Does this mean I'm a fool to be filled with hope and optimism?

You are. But god damnit, don't let anybody take that away from you, because you'll never get it back.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

Pander posted:

Trading is fun, being stuck in a boring division in the least interesting league is not fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Mornacale posted:

Trading is fun, being stuck in a boring division in the least interesting league is not fun.

Mornacale, buddy, why even have a team if this is your attitude