Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Same here. I've already watches Pumaman, Merlyn's mystical house of Wonders and now Castle of Fu Man Chu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Watched I Accuse My Parents last night, such a great experiment. Plus The Truck Farmer is one of those really dark shorts that I love.

"A pre-teen is put to work. Her beauty will soon fade."

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Jet Jaguar posted:

Watched I Accuse My Parents last night, such a great experiment. Plus The Truck Farmer is one of those really dark shorts that I love.

"A pre-teen is put to work. Her beauty will soon fade."

"Thank God I'm white" is one of those jokes that you really really wish was less funny today than when the show first aired.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

There's also the day laborer bit "Oh, they make it sound so nice!"

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Joel and his era was particularly great about pointing out poo poo like that. See Jungle Goddess

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
RIP Teenage Caveman

Robert Vaughn, better know as Napoleon Solo in The Man From U.N.C.L.E. has died.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Oh hey, yesterday marked one year since the Kickstarter launched.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Mike and the bots had made guest appearances on various shows around the time to plug the move to Sci-Fi, but I didn't really know what it was all about, just that it seemed like A Thing. My first Mystery Science was the Home Game, of all things. I'd missed the bumper at the beginning where Mike explained this was just a promo special. You better believe I was confused the next time I tuned in for more of the same and it was a real episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvVu8RVOJJo

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Julet Esqu posted:

Mike and the bots had made guest appearances on various shows around the time to plug the move to Sci-Fi, but I didn't really know what it was all about, just that it seemed like A Thing. My first Mystery Science was the Home Game, of all things. I'd missed the bumper at the beginning where Mike explained this was just a promo special. You better believe I was confused the next time I tuned in for more of the same and it was a real episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvVu8RVOJJo

I remember when the sci-fi channel did that text-to-screen thing with late-night Prisoner reruns. It got really wacky.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Holy poo poo, I forgot about the Home Game. I got onto the Home Game! I should watch it and find out where I am.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Just saw something on Facebook that said Tom "The Master" Neyman passed away last night.

RIP Manos

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Painted my living room yesterday:

Turns out flesh really is a nice color for a house.

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen
"Please don't attach to a block and tackle and throw me into a padded palm tree no!"

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Mister Kingdom posted:

Just saw something on Facebook that said Tom "The Master" Neyman passed away last night.

RIP Manos

Not dead the way you know it. He is with us always. Not dead the way you know it. He is with us always.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Watched Alien from LA this evening and I'd blocked out what a bad film it was.

"Do you realize how incredibly Australian I am?"

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Not dead the way you know it. He is with us always. Not dead the way you know it. He is with us always.

Even his daughter made a Manos joke in announcing his death. He seemed like a very fun and good man. His Manos commentary track shows his good humor and forgiveness of Hal Warren for being such a huge sack of poo poo.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!
Aw, sad to hear that the Master is away, but I'd like to think that Torgo's been watching the place for him in Second Banana Heaven all this time :unsmith:

Meanwhile, I'm upstairs working, hear the postie come to the door with a big package for Mr Boods, hear a lot rustling and unwrapping noises, then:

Noooooo springs! [whistle]

More rummaging noises.

No....springs? [whistle]

Still more rummaging noises.

Ahhh, goddamnit, Coily, you bastard.

[Apparently he just got a shedload of parts for his mountain bike, and one of the smaller packages was smashed and torn open in transit.]

I love Squirm as well, right up there with one of my all-time favourites. We've been watching a heck of a lot of MST3K the past few days to cope with current events.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
Of particular interest to this thread: someone's gone and made a movie about the guy behind The Creeping Terror and it's just shot to the top of my must-see list:

The Creep Behind the Camera

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!
Track of the Moonbeast this evening. How I love Johnny Longbow and his stew. I even like his slide show.

♩♪♫♫California Lady ♪♫

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0cW6rZSruo

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Kickstarter update from Joel! Not a whole lot in the way of new details, but he says they should have the new episodes all ready for release in early 2017.

Also, if you're getting your name in the end credits, there's a link to the master list, to double-check what's going to be there. Make sure you're spelled right, everybody! (I count no less than three instances of Boaty McBoatface, but astonishingly, no Big McLargeHuge.)

Powered Descent fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Nov 21, 2016

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Watching Killer Shrews. I love Crow's continued wearing of the slacks throughout the episode.

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.

rydiafan posted:

Watching Killer Shrews. I love Crow's continued wearing of the slacks throughout the episode.

Is he wearing slacks?!?!

Demp
Nov 5, 2003

GLORIOUS

Ms Boods posted:

Track of the Moonbeast this evening. How I love Johnny Longbow and his stew. I even like his slide show.

♩♪♫♫California Lady ♪♫

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0cW6rZSruo

Speaking of Track of the Moon Beast, Shout just announced the titles for Volume 38:

602- INVASION U.S.A. (with short: A DATE WITH YOUR FAMILY)
605- COLOSSUS AND THE HEADHUNTERS
618- HIGH SCHOOL BIG SHOT (with short: OUT OF THIS WORLD)
1007- TRACK OF THE MOON BEAST

Also the first 1500 pre-orders from the Shout website get a DVD of KTMA host segments.

quote:

Special Offer: The first 1,500 orders placed on ShoutFactory.com will receive an exclusive bonus disc featuring MST3K: The (Nearly) Definitive KTMA Segment Collection (see below for more details), PLUS get it shipped FOUR WEEKS EARLY.

MST3K: The (Nearly) Definitive KTMA Segment Collection

Among the many well-documented epochs in Earth’s history, little has been studied of the year known only as “The KTMA Era.” During this time in 1988, Joel and the bots partook in a pre-season of sorts in which their orbital antics were broadcast only to the Minneapolis-St. Paul metropolitan area. Recently, archaeologists have worked around the clock to recover documents from The KTMA Era hoping to learn more about human culture before the widespread availability of cheesy movie riffing.

Though some footage from this primordial age was inevitably lost (or possibly still await discovery locked in some ancient, underground tomb), scientists have painstakingly reassembled every existing KTMA host segment and used advanced technological techniques to transfer them all to the disc you hold in your hand. Thanks to the miracle of science, we present The (Nearly) Definitive KTMA Segment Collection.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Glamorama26 posted:

Is he wearing slacks?!?!

Joel gives them to him as a gift in the opening sketch, and he wears them in the rest of the host segments. I have no idea if he's wearing them in the theater, as there's no way to tell.

If I recall correctly he wears them a few times in later episodes, whenever he's supposed to dress nicely.

rydiafan fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Nov 22, 2016

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.

Bruceski posted:

"Thank God I'm white" is one of those jokes that you really really wish was less funny today than when the show first aired.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAr3y1-e9Xc&t=696s

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Demp posted:

Speaking of Track of the Moon Beast, Shout just announced the titles for Volume 38:

Also the first 1500 pre-orders from the Shout website get a DVD of KTMA host segments.

Sweeeeet. Just placed my order.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
Anyone know if there's a way to watch ShoutFactoryTV via a Chromecast?

I'm worried about missing Turkey Day if I can only watch from my PC. (Browser casting is a possibility, but I've found that the quality is usually poor and the audio desyncs a lot).

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Demp posted:

Alright, we got 3 likely ones and one unlikely from the list that Travis at the MST3K forums maintains of the film rights. That leaves us in a really interesting spot regarding Volume 39. There's only a couple of sure fire movies left where the rights are easily obtainable.

X-O posted:

Yes actually, Travis at the MST3K Board has been keeping up with the rights for movies since 2006. Here's the rundown of what's left according to him:

quote:

201- Rocketship X-M
Wade Williams/Corinth Films. Wade has a sentimental attachment to this particular film, so it's a firm "no" unless he changes his mind. *DVD released by Image Entertainment* <EXTREMELY UNLIKELY>

213- Godzilla vs. the Sea Monster
Toho says no. <EXTREMELY UNLIKELY>

309 - The Amazing Colossal Man
Susan Nicholson Hofheinz (aka Susan Hart). Susan isn't even interested in releasing the Un-MSTied versions (or wants too much money to license them), so this could be a bit of a wait. <EXTREMELY UNLIKELY>

311 - It Conquered the World
see above. <EXTREMELY UNLIKELY>

416 - Fire Maidens from Outer Space
Olive Films (licensed from Paramount). Sources tell us Olive Films has the rights to this until 2018, so it may be a bit of a wait (unless Shout Factory works some kind of deal with Olive in the meantime). *BluRay released by Olive Films* <NOT LIKELY>

418 - Attack of the The Eye Creatures
Susan Hart (or MGM). MGM has shown several of Larry Buchanan's AIP-TV flicks on various HD networks (all are listed under MGM copyrights), while many sources say Susan Hart owns claim to it (along with ZONTAR THE THING FROM VENUS, but none of the other Azalea remakes). This could be messy to sort out. *DVD released by Retromedia (assuming PD)* <EXTREMELY UNLIKELY>

601 - Girls Town
Warner Brothers (licensed from Paramount). Sources tell us the rights will revert back to Paramount this year unless Warner chooses to renew. If the rights revert, consider this extremely-likely, otherwise it may be a wait. <NOT LIKELY>

602 - Invasion USA
Sony. Finally found a Columbia Pictures copyright renewal. *DVD released by Synapse Video (assuming PD)* <LIKELY>

605 - Colossus and the Headhunters
RCM Produzione Cinematografica/Alta Vista. Originally released by AIP, the rights have most likely reverted back to their original Italian owners. I found a Spanish Region 2 DVD released by Filmax Home Video under it's international title FURY OF THE HEADHUNTERS, also a Greek Region 2 release, so either may be a good place to start to get back to the current rights holders. *No authorized Region 1 DVD release* <LIKELY>

618 - High School Big Shot
Originally distributed by The Filmgroup, Roger Corman's company that gave us THE WASP WOMAN, LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS, GIRL IN LOVER'S LANE, etc. Most, if not all, have been in a grey "assumed public domain" status for years due to their copyrights not being renewed, and this one is no different. Something Weird Video released this on a "Troubled Teens Triple Feature" DVD years back, SWV generally licenses all of their oddities, but this could have been a case of assuming PD and access to a good print (ala Retromedia). The legit route? Go to Roger Corman. *DVD released by Something Weird Video (assuming PD)* <LIKELY>

623 - The Amazing Transparent Man
MGM. Shout! released this UnMSTied in an 4-MGM SciFi film DVD set. *DVD released by Shout! Factory* <EXTREMELY-LIKELY>

807 - Terror from the Year 5000
Susan Nicholson Hofheinz (aka Susan Hart). She isn't even interested in releasing the Un-MSTied versions (or wants too much money to license them), so this could be a bit of a wait. <EXTREMELY UNLIKELY>

809 - I Was a Teenage Werewolf
see above. <EXTREMELY UNLIKELY>

905 - The Deadly Bees
Olive Films (licensed from Paramount). Sources tell us Olive has a 5-year deal on this with Paramount, so unless Shout manages to work something out with Olive in the meantime, we could be in for a bit of a wait (2020). *Blu-ray released by Olive Films* <NOT LIKELY>

906 - The Space Children
Olive Films (licensed from Paramount). Same deal with #905, except this one will become available slightly sooner (2017). <NOT LIKELY>

913 - Quest of the Delta Knights
Copyright by Ramsway JC/LTD. I have found *several* foreign DVD releases that might be a good starting place to track down the current U.S. rights holder: a Region 0 [PAL Format] by Flashback Entertainment (OOP), a Region 4 DVD released in Australia/New Zealand by Payless Entertainment, a Czech Region 2 DVD release by Blesk DVD, and even a South Africa Region 2 DVD by Impact Video. Wow. Originally released on VHS by Hemdale Home Video, reissued by Plaza Ent in 1999. *No Region 1 DVD releases* <LIKELY>

1007 - Track of the Moonbeast
Copyright 1972 Lizard Productions Inc. Has had an assumed public domain status for years, it may be a dig to find the current rights holders. Cinema Shares International released this theatrically (they also released GODZILLA VS. MEGALON, THE PUMAMAN and DEVIL FISH), but went under in the mid-late 80's. Released on VHS by Prism Entertainment wayy back when. *multiple DVD releases (assuming PD)* <NOT LIKELY>

1013 - Diabolik
Warner Brothers (licensed from Paramount). Sources tell us Warner's deal with Paramount expires this year, unless they choose to renew. If the rights revert back to Paramount, I'd say this was pretty likely. If Warner renews, it'll be a few years wait. *DVD released by Paramount (out of print)* <NOT LIKELY>

He updates this list as often as news comes up, you can find it here: http://forrestcrow.proboards.com/thread/6297/likelihood-shout-factory-release-list

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

WhiteHowler posted:

Anyone know if there's a way to watch ShoutFactoryTV via a Chromecast?

I'm worried about missing Turkey Day if I can only watch from my PC. (Browser casting is a possibility, but I've found that the quality is usually poor and the audio desyncs a lot).

Same question, but for Roku.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

If it's like previous years, it'll also be streaming on YouTube.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Man, I just do not get the people who don't want to release their stinker movies for MST box sets or whatever. I mean, at least make some money off them!

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Evil Mastermind posted:

Man, I just do not get the people who don't want to release their stinker movies for MST box sets or whatever. I mean, at least make some money off them!

Some people are just dicks.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Also some people think their movies are 'better' than MST and don't deserve to be mocked.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
And two of those are Toho who are super obsessive about protecting their IP so you know

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Shout's having a sale on its MST3K titles this weekend:

https://www.shoutfactory.com/editorials-sales/editorials/mst3k-turkey-day-sale?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=mst_1123

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Diabolik900 posted:

If it's like previous years, it'll also be streaming on YouTube.

It looks like it'll be on the Pluto TV service, so there's an app for Roku on that one. I know there's an iPhone app too, so there's probably an Android one that'll work with Chromecast.

It could be on Youtube also, but on their site they just talk about Pluto.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Gaz-L posted:

Also some people think their movies are 'better' than MST and don't deserve to be mocked.

What a bunch of Coolios.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

It's pretty much guaranteed they're gonna spill the beans on the release date of the new season during the Turkey Day marathon, right?

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

TVs Ian posted:

It looks like it'll be on the Pluto TV service, so there's an app for Roku on that one. I know there's an iPhone app too, so there's probably an Android one that'll work with Chromecast.

It could be on Youtube also, but on their site they just talk about Pluto.

No, the site confirms it in small print, they'll be streaming via YouTube.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

caligulamprey posted:

It's pretty much guaranteed they're gonna spill the beans on the release date of the new season during the Turkey Day marathon, right?
Since the marathon has nothing to do with Netflix, I doubt it.