Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Durk Hendrunkqs posted:

Just finished night 2 of the X-16 tournament. It's definitely worth your time checking out. I didn't think much of Ethan Case from his one match at Beyond Wrestling last year but I'm now a fan. Anthony Henry owns and should get more bookings. Colby Corino I wasn't expecting to be as good as he is based on what I've seen in ROH. Clearly I need to watch more of PWX's back catalog.

After watching him in both ROH and PWX, I think that was about him being booked like a young boy who wasn't ready yet, which was definitely his story as part of the Decade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

this is so loving good + it makes Cornette sound like even more of an old man yelling at clouds

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Venomous posted:

this is so loving good + it makes Cornette sound like even more of an old man yelling at clouds

If the promotions talked about in the article interest you at all Party World Wrestling has links to shows (for free I think) on their website, Olde Wrestling is coming to PowerbombTV, and Hoodslam streams on youtube whenever that launches

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Martin Stone's improved a LOT since I saw him in Chikara. One of the few guys working the indies throwing a good worked punch.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Martin Stone's improved a LOT since I saw him in Chikara.

Leaving wwe really lit a fire under him and he's been good as hell the last year or so

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The guy who did the CZW Vice documentary did an article http://www.vice.com/en_ca/read/the-ten-most-surprising-things-i-saw-at-tournament-of-death?utm_source=vicefbca

quote:

When we went to return the rental van, the employee inspecting it for damages freaked when he looked on the vehicle's roof and saw it was caked with blood and scratched beyond belief. I wanted to tell him it was from that moment when Ricky Shane Page and Tim Donst fought on top of it, but instead I said I didn't know what had happened and it was OK because we paid for the insurance.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
Gabe please stop.

Gabe posted:

WWN is excited to announce Style Battle, a new promotion which will feature a tournament on every show. Style Battle will premiere on January 7th at The Orpheum in Ybor City, FL. We'll have ticket and more information soon at the all new WWNLive.com. Style Battle will live stream exclusively at FloSlam.tv.

Style Battle will be the ultimate test for competitors. It will provide a new opportunity for wrestlers. Each Style Battle will feature a variety of wrestling styles. We will find out who is truly the most skilled on every event.

Style Battle has been an annual tournament in EVOLVE since 2011 with various formats. Now it will occur almost monthy with an eight man, single elimination tournament. Style Battle will take place in "seasons." Each season will consist of nine events. There will be eight tournaments. The eight winners will then be in Style Battle Season Finale on the ninth event of the season. This will determine the Style Battle Champion of that season. In the event that all the winners aren't available, Style Battle will pick an "all star" substitute who impressed in a previous tournament.

"Tournaments can provide drama and excitment unlike anything else in wrestling," WWN VP Of Talent Relations & Creative Gabe Sapolsky said. "This will be a unique opportunity for upcoming wrestlers, today's stars and veterans looking to prove something to showcase their wrestling style."

"This adds more diversity to the WWN lineup on FloSlam," WWN President Sal Hamaoui said. "FloSlam will now have Style Battle, EVOLVE, FIP, SHINE, ACW and WWN Supershows. Each brand will bring something different to the Network. This gives the fans even more value for their money."

WWN will announce the participants and more details in the upcoming weeks.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

gently caress it, sure, the last one gave us Riddle, Yehi, and Hot Sauce let's see how crazy they can make this

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Dose anyone watch wXw? I've been greatly enjoying Big Daddy Walter in Progress but I only have so much time to watch wrestling and I don't know if I need a German promotion to follow.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Didn't Gabe do the Style Battle thing in DGUSA?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Suplex Liberace posted:

Dose anyone watch wXw? I've been greatly enjoying Big Daddy Walter in Progress but I only have so much time to watch wrestling and I don't know if I need a German promotion to follow.

What little I've seen is pretty good. I find the way they go in and out of english and german on announce odd, but it's a minor thing.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

Suplex Liberace posted:

I'll watch some of the tour shows and it's usually good to great. World Tag Team League 2016 and 16 Carat tournaments are must watches. They're on the Highspots network if you got it.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

style battle is a dumb name

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I'm glad Gabe is booking the new JoJo's Bizzare Adventure game

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Suplex Liberace posted:

I watch their annual tournaments and that's it. They're usually great and while I do enjoy the local names I don't enjoy them so much that I'm motivated to spend another $10 a month on another wrestling promotin.

Didn't Gabe do the Style Battle thing in DGUSA?

They've done an annual style battle for a while. Honestly don't know how they can come up with eight styles since indies are so homogenous outside of like lucharesu vs grapplefuck

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Durk Hendrunkqs posted:

I'll watch some of the tour shows and it's usually good to great. World Tag Team League 2016 and 16 Carat tournaments are must watches. They're on the Highspots network if you got it.

the world tag league dose seem to have match of Walter and Thatcher vs Jack Evans and Angelico I would like to see.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

one of the style battles should be a tag tournament where the winners get to enter the finals together like Ice Climbers

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

its bullshit Gabe is too cowardly to book a deathmatch fed.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Maybe deathmatch will be one of the styles?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

It'd be cool to see a Memphis hoss in there but indie folk hate southern brawling almost as much as Vince does

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Suplex Liberace posted:

Maybe deathmatch will be one of the styles?

Orpheum's too small for flying glass

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
Can nick gage get the okay from his PO to work Florida?

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016
Tremont worked Beyond BTW.

Also, ACH has already lined up his 2017 schedule with bookings everywhere.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
I can't wait for his title match at ROH Final Battle

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
ACH is on a Canadian tour for a Manitoba indy that runs my town regularly, I'm pretty psyched for flips. Plus he's bringing a student of his. Maybe that guy is good!

And possibly in an effort to bring in more PSP goons, Beer City Bruiser will be there.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Nov 23, 2016

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

What Indy is that?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Looks like CWE, Canadian Wrestling's Elite

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
evolve 74 tickets are up, any goons going? http://www.dgusa.tv/events/evolve-74

thinking about jumping on a pair of front row tickets but I don't think I'm going to be able to convince my roommate to go purely off the promise of Ricochet :(

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

abraham linksys posted:

thinking about jumping on a pair of front row tickets but I don't think I'm going to be able to convince my roommate to go purely off the promise of Ricochet :(

Sell them on Riddle as well.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

abraham linksys posted:

Also Chris Hero wrestling Dick Togo holy poo poo

Willninho
Aug 14, 2007
Good job by Gabe by isolating Page and Cody in only one match.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Lumbermouth posted:

Also Chris Hero wrestling Dick Togo holy poo poo

Oh my im gonna hafta get this.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

Looks like CWE, Canadian Wrestling's Elite

Yep! Run by a guy trained by Johnny Devine. His name's Danny Duggan and he's a pretty solid wrestler. He had a WWE dark match against Jack Swagger recently.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Nov 23, 2016

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Gabe posted:

Ybor City, FL- The World Wrestling Network (WWN) will crown the first ever WWN Champion in Orlando, FL on April 1st at the WWN Supershow: Mercury Rising 2017. Go to https://www.morethanmania.com for more event info. The WWN Supershow will be broadcast at https://www.floslam.tv live.

The WWN Family is a variety of promotions, each with its own championships. Now that all the WWN promotions are broadcast live on FloSlam, WWN officials have decided to tie everything together with a WWN Champion. The WWN Champion will defend the WWN Title across WWN promotions. The format of the tournament to crown the first WWN Champion will be announced in the upcoming weeks.

The WWN Family includes:

-EVOLVE: The prestige men's promotion.
-SHINE: The prestige women's promotion.
-Full Impact Pro: The Wild West promotion.
-Style Battle: A tournament based promotion.
-American Combat Wrestling: The old school, regional promotion
-WWN Supershow: A conglomerate of all the promotions on one special event.

The WWN Champion will stand on top of The WWN Family. Who will represent WWN into the FloSlam era? Stay tuned.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
didn't we just get rid of the open the freedom gate championship

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

excited for Matt Riddle to defend the WWN Championship against Luscious Latasha in SHINE

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

oatgan posted:

excited for Matt Riddle to defend the WWN Championship against Luscious Latasha in SHINE

SHINE booking would have Latasha go over Riddle by countout when SoCal Val lures Matt away with a big ol bag of weed.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Enjoying how Excalibur has become Chuck Taylor and Dan Barry's Ed McMahon on An Officer and A Gentleman. Matt Riddle is the guest this edition and he does not disappoint. He really is MMA's RVD.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

Enjoying how Excalibur has become Chuck Taylor and Dan Barry's Ed McMahon on An Officer and A Gentleman. Matt Riddle is the guest this edition and he does not disappoint. He really is MMA's RVD.

I like Dan a lot more than Trent with Chuck in these interviews. I got a lot of legitimate laughs out of the interview with Riddle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Durk Hendrunkqs posted:

I like Dan a lot more than Trent with Chuck in these interviews. I got a lot of legitimate laughs out of the interview with Riddle.

Riddle blanking on Trent is pretty amazing.