Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I didn't know that Tsuyu was from MHA before I started it, but I'd seen pictures of her around and about and had always thought she had a good and appealing design. She is good. She's a good frogo

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
Since we love her so much, she's going to break our hearts by being the traitor, right?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXiTVLBwWYA&t=1566s

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

That looks like one stinker of a game.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Josuke Higashikata posted:

everyone has like ten moves and there's literally 0 mechanical depth, and also try tried to imitate all might's shading but it just makes him look like a monster

also the roster's all sorts of hosed up. Mineta and Aoyama are playable, but not Tsukuyomi or Shouta.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Looking at the thumbnail I thought she was holding Mineta for a second :stonk:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's impossible to say he designed her with the intent of her being a breakout star and the most popular character who isn't one of the main three or AM, but there's also little doubt that when he was designing all of his characters and showing them to editors, they knew she'd do really well.

Hell, in America, she's more popular than everyone who isn't Deku.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Well it is a licensed fighting game. There hasn't been a good one of those since the Bleach games Treasure did on the DS.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
What about Transformers Devastation?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Mraagvpeine posted:

What about Transformers Devastation?
That's a licensed spectacle fighter, not a true fighting game.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Look, I'm not disagreeing that Tsuyu is awesome at all. But I'm really sad at all of you who didn't believe in All Might from the moment you saw him.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
I definitely started reading MHA after seeing the panel of All Might giving Noumu the Team Rocket treatment.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Tsuyu is so amazing.

She's so calm, level headed, kind, has interesting abilities (STEALTH CAMO ACTIVATE!), loyal and like, inoffensively normal.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I started watching the MHA anime and then reading the manga when season 1 finished when the Adult Swim thread wouldn't shut up about it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Begemot posted:

Well it is a licensed fighting game. There hasn't been a good one of those since the Bleach games Treasure did on the DS.
Injustice: Gods Among Us???

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

pnumoman posted:

Since we love her so much, she's going to break our hearts by being the traitor, right?

The traitor is going to be Toga disguised as Deku.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Begemot posted:

dengeki bunko fighting climax was alright

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Another Tsuyu appreciation post: her voice actor. Listen to this loving "Ribbit!", she puts her heart and soul into it.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

Why is so Tsuyu popular? I mean I have nothing against the character, but I'm kind of confused at the outpouring of love for her. Is here like some deep 2016 Illuminati frog synergy going on?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

She was the very first character a lot of us first saw and made us read the manga, and then she turned out to be an extremely lovable and heartfelt character.

We go through these phases of hailing her to high heaven every now and then.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

key party favors posted:

Why is so Tsuyu popular? I mean I have nothing against the character, but I'm kind of confused at the outpouring of love for her. Is here like some deep 2016 Illuminati frog synergy going on?

Uh, she's strong, smart, nice, cute, very empathic, has a heart of gold, is seemingly great with kids... should I go on?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

She is cute, has an endearingly kinda gross set of powers that is used well, and is a nice and generally very competent character.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Basically, don't mess with Froppy :colbert:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Terper basically described my entire situation re: MHA so

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Can't Stop the Frop

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

She's the mascot character.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Gyges posted:

Look, I'm not disagreeing that Tsuyu is awesome at all. But I'm really sad at all of you who didn't believe in All Might from the moment you saw him.

I was honestly expecting some sort of twist about him being a dick in person, but the actual twist with him was infinitely better.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
In most other things, a character like All Might would end up being a big egotistical phony, but here he's completely genuine and it's wonderful.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

All Might is All Right :thumbsup:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Terper posted:

Another Tsuyu appreciation post: her voice actor. Listen to this loving "Ribbit!", she puts her heart and soul into it.

aoi yuuki is the best

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...
Making a Tsuyu post. She was the first character I saw, she looked real neat and the idea of a manga about a super hero school sounded good enough to check out.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
I forget where but there was some discussion about shonen anime/manga with decently written female characters, and someone mentioned MHA when it was still only about 20 chapters old, so I decided to give it a shot. The moment that hooked me was All Might de-powering in front of Midoriya in chapter 1. I'm a Bakugou Boy for life but Tsuyu is a very close #2 for me for all the reasons listed above.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Tsuyu is cool because she looks like a frog.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Radish posted:

Tsuyu is cool because she looks like a frog.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Frogs...
are super cool.

JD
Jan 11, 2003

key party favors posted:

Frog moe

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Rhonne posted:

In most other things, a character like All Might would end up being a big egotistical phony, but here he's completely genuine and it's wonderful.

allmight is a big egotistical phony, he puts on a big show of "for I am here" and his big smile and he always saves everyone, but in reality he's just one scared broken man doing everything he can to keep the illusion of justice alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Do NOT insult All Might.
You think that Froppo would like it if you insult All Might? No, she'd be sad.

You make Froppy sad if you insult All Might as well as make it on to a poo poo list.