Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Xad posted:

In case anyone else isn't sure how hilarious the Disney songs are because they don't understand Japanese all that well, or just don't immediately recognize the songs--the songs they're parodying are:

Hero Side
1: Just Can't Wait to be King from Lion King
2: You've Got a Friend in Me from Toy Story
3: Friend Like Me from Aladdin
4: Hakuna Matata from Lion King
5: Go The Distance from Hercules
6: When Will My Life Begin from Tangled
7: Zip-a-dee-doo-dah from Song of the South
Last: That's How You Know from Enchanted

Villain Side
1: Gaston from Beauty and the Beast
2: Oogie Boogie's Song from Nightmare Before Christmas
3: Prince Ali from Aladdin
4: Poor Unfortunate Souls from Little Mermaid
5a: Be Prepared from Lion King
5b: The Mob Song from Beauty and the Beast
6: Hellfire from Hunchback of Notre Dame
7: This Is Halloween from Nightmare Before Christmas :lol:
Last: It's Our House Now from House of Mouse

Aaand I just realized there's a credits sequence where they list the songs :eng99: so much for my effortpost.

Im just getting around to watching this but its great how on point Dio and DIOs song choice was. The two most braggardly Disney songs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

King Superman posted:

I'd actually forgotten that bit. That inspired me to read Another One Bites the Dust again, and upon doing so I discovered that I'd also forgotten this bit: Kira punches Hayato in the loving face, only for Killer Queen Bites the Dust to automatically pop in to protect him from harm.

KQ: "What am I doing here."
Yeah Bites The Dust is a real fucker of an ability. Hayato also tries to slit his throat with a box cutter but dai san no bakudan Killer Queen stops him so you're basically forced to be Kira's bomb trap.

IIRC he can't place it on Stand Users right, just normal people? or did I make that up? It's lame, but consistent that the way Kira loses his new perfect ability is by yelling his name out loud like a dumbass

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Nov 22, 2016

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Meme Emulator posted:

Im just getting around to watching this but its great how on point Dio and DIOs song choice was. The two most braggardly Disney songs

No
One
Hits like DIO
Throws his knives like DIO
In a boxing match nobody gouges like DIO
For there's no one as cunning or crafty
DIO: As you see, I've got pettiness to spare.
Not an inch of him's scraggly or MUDA
DIO: That's right! And every last inch of me's covered in WRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

King Superman
Nov 14, 2016

Moltrey posted:

Yeah Bites The Dust is a real fucker of an ability. Hayato also tries to slit his throat with a box cutter but dai san no bakudan Killer Queen stops him so you're basically forced to be Kira's bomb trap.

IIRC he can't place it on Stand Users right, just normal people? or did I make that up? It's lame, but consistent that the way Kira loses his new perfect ability is by yelling his name out loud like a dumbass

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he can't plant it on Stand Users. Even with that limitation, it'd be for-reals invincible if he could somehow recruit a willing accomplice to carry it to his targets for him, rather than needing to stick it to a kid who does everything in his power to sabotage it. Of course, even that stratagem holds only so long as Kira doesn't run up to said targets and yell his name at them first.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i reread the ending recently and i think there was a note about him being unable to put it on stand users. which feels like it makes sense, since he's 'planting' it on the person.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Johnny Joestar posted:

i reread the ending recently and i think there was a note about him being unable to put it on stand users. which feels like it makes sense, since he's 'planting' it on the person.

Hayato is the one who supposes this when Kira is about to use it on the nurse.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Moltrey posted:

I still find it funny because everytime Rohan gets into some poo poo in Part 4, it's like always his loving fault. Cheap Trick, taunting Josuke, investigating the tunnel room, reading past DO NOT READ BEYOND THIS POINT, Rohan just constantly self owns himself.

Either way it's gonna be a good cliffhanger if they stop there, but that prob wont fill 22 minutes
I still believe an episode per day of Bites the Dust's activation would be the coolest (part 1 (BtD 1-3), part 2 (BtD 4-6), part 3 (BtD 7-9)), but that means only two episodes to cover the last 13 chapters and they'd never be so uneconomical.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
endless eights

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
endless July 16th Friday 1999s

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DY3K7yWZbow

This isn't what a leitmotif is but w/e

Friday

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Nov 22, 2016

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

depending on how the intro for this next episode goes they might actually be able to put in edited OP with the weird rewind poo poo. if not this week then next week for sure. assuming they're going to do that

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

No chance that they're doing a special OP on Friday. They're quite loose with spoilers but they're not "this is the big thing before it's revealed" loose. Next week is a possibility.

Depending on how they space out the end though, it could work really well if they end one week with him setting up BTD again in the boner nurse and then TBC'ing and teasing with a BTD OP for the final ep.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
yea there's no way they're rewinding the OP this week, next for sure and maybe every episode except the last one.

If Episode 38 doesnt end with Kira Bites The Dusting after telling the nurse his fetishes and laughing manically thinking he escaped again when actually he's in Reimi's ghost alley then hosed up david

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's a lot more likely to not happen than to do so. No SFX OPs and few OP modifications in general don't reflect well on its odds.

Only the final 2 DIO ones changed and there's 5 episodes left. Next weeks not much more likely than this one's.

e: Like, there's no real visual representation of Kira going back in time until the very end. It's all waking up on the next day stuff. They're not blowing their load early with the actual BITE ZA DASTO rewind stuff.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Nov 22, 2016

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Yeah, just re-read the start of it (well, more like three chapters of bites the dust) and it'd be super cool to have Kira pierced by the arrow followed by a rewind OP, but that's just spoiling the whole thing. Altered OP should happen after Rohan dies and we are sent back to the past.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
I'm going to call the OPs not having any gimmicked version at all.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
the full version of Great Days has two spots where it sounds like it's being rewound so that's silly

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It has a break down what sounds like a reverse, but it's not an actual rewind of the track or a reverse of anything in the actual music. Like, it's definitely the intent, but it doesn't mean a whole lot. Mechanically, it's as much of a fast forward as it is a rewind.

David have been really restrained with OP tricks as a whole this time out, have made few changes outside of fixing up Great Days early and tiny things like revealing stands. There's no SFX versions at all. There's zero reason to be sure it's going to happen at all, and getting yourself convinced it will is only going to sour you if it doesn't, which is the more likely outcome.

e: And BTD doesn't even rewind time anyway if we're being technical. It teleports the user and implanted person from the detonation point B back to A.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Nov 22, 2016

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
someone has to stay positive in this garbage thread

also "the thing that creates a time loop for a child to be stuck in where he wakes up at the same time every day and changes thing using knowledge gained from past loops cannot be called rewinding time, but is instead teleportation actually" -- you just now

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I hope they don't cut the bit in CDIU with the creepy NEET panty sniffer who Kira blows up and still thinks about how great his neighbors panties are as nothing is left of him but eyes.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
No, see, assuming space and time are different aspects of a single continuum, teleportation and time travel are the same thing!

Unless it's a slow teleportation that respects the speed-of-light barrier.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's more timeline hopping. Saying it rewinds time like summing up KC by saying it deletes time. It's layman's terms for easy understanding.

Things happen differently but the endings are defined through BTD.

It's more like an ability that ultimately allows Kira to create a timeline where things are perfect for him and his situation.

That's why it sends him through a blackhole and we don't see him getting un'ora'd while Jotaro runs backwards and an ambulance drives away from him. It's not rewinding anything. It teleports him to the next time line.

Stopping time is only pausing it, btw.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Basically, everyone is hosed when Kira gets Killer Queen Bomb 4: Sony Vegas

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
It's kind of appropriate you brought up KC because that explanation is needlessly overcomplicated to the point of deception.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Alternatively, it just sends you back in time before things happen but are fated to happen and we can leave it at that?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Josuke Higashikata posted:

It's more timeline hopping. Saying it rewinds time like summing up KC by saying it deletes time. It's layman's terms for easy understanding.

Things happen differently but the endings are defined through BTD.

It's more like an ability that ultimately allows Kira to create a timeline where things are perfect for him and his situation.

That's why it sends him through a blackhole and we don't see him getting un'ora'd while Jotaro runs backwards and an ambulance drives away from him. It's not rewinding anything. It teleports him to the next time line.

Stopping time is only pausing it, btw.
Okay but what futurama episode is it like. what would happen if someone shot a bullet at Kira

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
It's the very last episode of futurama

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Groundhog Day trailer but with Hayato instead of Bill Murray.

Amaryllis
Aug 14, 2007

Nobody makes a fool out of Rohan Kishibe!
I'm sure I'm the last person who was both interested in it and unable to play it till now, but the digital North American version of Eyes of Heaven is on sale this week on the PSN for ~24 CAD. If you, too, want to play through a story mode where the camera whips around in tight quarters and standing on stairs or ramps screws up everyone's ability to land attacks and you're restricted to mashing the square and triangle buttons in story mode till you grind out levels and buy skills and the multiplayer mode is dead, boy do I have a game for you. :v:

(It's actually pretty fun purely as fanservice, but as a game it's worse than All-Star Battle, which was not a good fighting game.)

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

I want to know just HOW dead multiplayer mode is

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
It's impressive how many explanations of Bites the Dust I can read and still not understand how it works.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Rand Brittain posted:

It's impressive how many explanations of Bites the Dust I can read and still not understand how it works.

Imagine Four balls at the edge of a cliff.

Bites the Dust works the same way.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Okay, so, picture the movie Groundhog Day, it loops and all that, but there's just one difference: instead of the day restarting every midnight (or was it when he fell asleep?) the day restarts every time Bill Murray tries to tell someone that the groundhogs are actually Slimer, and the Ghostbusters die any time they find out. And that becomes canon until they can break away from it and the movie can end and Ghostbusters 1 can start.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Rand Brittain posted:

it rewinds time

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Rand Brittain posted:

As I understand it:

To activate Bites the Dust, Kira sets a condition and moves his stand into a person. As it happened, the condition was "someone discovers Kira's identity" and the person is Hayato.

From that point onwards, things proceed normally until or unless that condition is met. If so, time rewinds to the point Kira first activated Bites the Dust. Then, things proceed as before, with only the person who the stand is inhabiting (Hayato) being aware that time has gone back and therefore able to effect change--and even then the amount of change they can effect is limited to matters concerning the condition.

For example, Hayato cannot save the teapot in subsequent timelines because the teapot is not a factor in "someone discovering Kira's identity." While Hayato might potentially have been able to protect Rohan initially, once Rohan had been killed in one timeline, he's not a factor in later timelines--and so his fate is unchangeable.

Time continues to rewind until the condition Kira original set either doesn't or can't be met. Which is to say, until no one is left alive to look for Kira or until they fail to discover him.

Alternatively, until Kira withdraws Bites the Dust and lets time proceed as normal.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
That is to say:

whenever something specific happens.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

out of all the weird poo poo in the series bites the dust is actually kind of easy to explain

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

explain magician's red.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Uhh, err, he creates flames by ... huh.