Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

sorry i can't just say "nothing matters" and immediately have my conscience crystal clear as i watch a nazi take power and do nothing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Venom Snake posted:

2 things:

1. Trump repeats what the last person said to him at all times. This is why he gets more insane when surrounded by insane people. This is also why the NYT thing today was so batshit

2. Him being a genius is political nerds projecting. Trump is a blank slate that anyone can read whatever they want into. Eventually more and more people will realize nothing his says actually means anything and they have been bamboozled by a car salesman who tells whoever he is with what they want to hear.

Evidence of this: Throwing out old loyalists because they are no longer relevant, Vast overreaching by the neo-nazi's/neo-confederates, Nonsensical leaks/appointments because his mind changes hourly.

This gives Trump a lot of power because people like to play make believe, but also hangs a sword over his head because the left hates him and if the right gets upset when their dreams don't come true.....

quoting for new page

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

Nothing matters.

Y'all need to just finish setting up your suicide pact or get therapy or whatever.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Serf posted:

if he doesn't I'll breathe a sigh of relief and super-gladly admit I was wrong

then you should realize that an appointment of Mitt "Russia is the greatest threat the US faces in the modern world" Romney to probably the most important spot in the cabinet and the person in charge more than anyone else of american foreign policy means that a pivot towards russia is unlikely

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

remember when trump said this

South Carolina "BUSH DID 9/11" Trump, is my favorite Trump by far.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Giving a poo poo is actually extremely cool.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Venom Snake posted:

quoting for new page

also means that its impossible to know what will or won't happen when he's actually handed the keys to the city

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
The Romney pick (IF it happens...Trump could be going for a fakeout) is odd. Besides the obvious layer (Mitt Romney despises Trump and Trump holds the most epic grudges), foreign policy is not Romney's area, economic policy is. Maybe he's picking Romney because Obama picked Kerry and making your party's flip-flopping Massachusetts loser SecState is just the new thing?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Montasque posted:

The Trump supporter is the one on the far left.

And also isn't the one who dropped the n-bomb

And the host is upset that the guy said it while quoting one of Trumps inner circle (and honestly I'm not clear on who, Bannon I guess?), example number a zillion of people not getting that when you quote someone and you don't like what's being said you should be (at least more) upset at the person BEING QUOTED.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The keys to the city only allow you to enter the gate after dark .

Serf
May 5, 2011

Schnorkles posted:

then you should realize that an appointment of Mitt "Russia is the greatest threat the US faces in the modern world" Romney to probably the most important spot in the cabinet and the person in charge more than anyone else of american foreign policy means that a pivot towards russia is unlikely

just lol at the idea that anything will be predictable in the Trump presidency

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Yinlock posted:

sorry i can't just say "nothing matters" and immediately have my conscience crystal clear as i watch a nazi take power and do nothing

its cool
i still accept u

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Schnorkles posted:

also means that its impossible to know what will or won't happen when he's actually handed the keys to the city

you mean all of the cities

:(

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Patter Song posted:

The Romney pick (IF it happens...Trump could be going for a fakeout) is odd. Besides the obvious layer (Mitt Romney despises Trump and Trump holds the most epic grudges), foreign policy is not Romney's area, economic policy is. Maybe he's picking Romney because Obama picked Kerry and making your party's flip-flopping Massachusetts loser SecState is just the new thing?

Romney will never be in the country

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Cephalocidal posted:

Most of the people with pre-existing legitimate means to exercise lethal force are on one side, and most everyone on the other would have no comparable means to retaliate.

why do people like this always think there are no guns in the cities

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Patter Song posted:

trump's world view is that its okay to try to hit trump and try your hardest to blast the don. its just show buisness

what trump dispises is a loyalist's betrayal

trump 'knows' that romney was only trying to own trump and thaat trump would do the same in romney's shoes. its just buisness

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
*many years into the future, an elderly man is sitting by the fire with his 2 grand children*

the little boy tugs at his grandpas sweater, "pop pop, tell us what President Trump, the first of his name was like?"

"pop pop?" the little boy tugs harder at the sweater, "why are you crying?"

the man is revealed to be Ben Garrison, as he wipes away his tears, "it was so beautiful child. . ."

*the scene fades away, as Enya's "one by one" begins to play*

Wolf blitzer is seen in the cnn anchor room, as breaking news comes in :president trump has destroyed ISIS, has taken their oil, and is a good, strong handsome boy

An overly muscular Trump, glistening in sweat is shown signing a bill, then putting down the first brick in the Great Wall

Benjamin Netanyahu is shaking hands with Abbas, Trump is shrugging and smiling smugly, "art of the deal!"

*fade into respirator and beeping, its a hospital, Ben is in a coma*

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

Patter Song posted:

The United States has never been on friendly terms with Baathist Syria. Not under Assad, not under his father. That sort of precedent is something the detail-oriented Obama cares about : the Syrian revolt looked like a chance to dislodge a long-term adversary at very low cost. Trump doesn't give a poo poo and has the benefit of not weighing in until the situation was already FUBAR.

Just wanna throw out there that Obama did not seize any opportunity in Syria and repeatedly veto'd plans put forth by the CIA, Pentagon, whatever agency that would have undermined the regime or boosted the rebels. After the first year or two of doing this US credibility in the conflict was thoroughly shot and what support Obama allowed to the rebels was mostly from other Arab states with some minimal (and pathetic) involvement from the US. This obviously is not the case with the Kurds, but the Kurds were never in direct revolt against Assad and even then our support coincides only with the advent of ISIS and the Kurds being a useful tool to project our influence, and of course, protect Obama on the domestic front.

I'm sure Obama would have been happy to see Assad go (although likely worried about the aftermath) and enjoyed seeing the Iranians and Russians bleed themselves and their economy (in the context of the Ukrainian partition and its subsequent sanctions), but he never took an active role in making it happen due to the domestic politics surrounding the issue. It could very easily be argued that Obama's accord with Iran, which give them hundreds of billions of dollars in their most desperate hour, was his most impactful action in the conflict and likely ceded them the war (or allowed them to dictate the terms of its end as opposed to a negotiated settlement). Those funds coincided with the cementing of the Syrian, Iranian and Russian alliance that saw a massive surge in Iranian proxy and regular troop deployment (guess what paid for it), massive aerial involvement by Russia (guess what paid for it) as well as a general armament (guess what paid for it).

So I guess what I'm saying is that Obama handled Syria so poorly that Trump aligning with Russia and Iran to end the conflict is honestly the only move forward.

Side note: Any winding down of US influence in the global economy will be matched by Chinese asserting itself as well as a potential new trade union between Russia, Iran and the Arab world. Another reason why the more short sighted members of the Russian and Chinese power structure must be delighted by recent events.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Turdfuzz posted:

its cool
i still accept u

thanks man

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

100 degrees Calcium posted:

Y'all need to just finish setting up your suicide pact or get therapy or whatever.

My therapist recently looked me dead in the eye and told me that the only thing we really need to worry about is the rise of Artificial Intelligence. He said that AI will almost certainly wipe out humanity moments after becoming conscious, and that it could happen any minute now.

Not exaggerating, he brought this up on his own with very little prompting.

Pretty much everyone is slipping into some form of apocalypticism now, even our professional class. I have an engineer friend who hasn't been sleeping right because he's so worried about peak oil.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Patter Song posted:

someone prob convinced him it was a good idea for around the 2 hours, it's Trump so tmr he'll prob want to give it to Ivanka or osmething

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Romney is such a sober and responsible pick I can't grasp it

Then sessions lol . Jfc. He had to reward sessions tho.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

My therapist recently looked me dead in the eye and told me that the only thing we really need to worry about is the rise of Artificial Intelligence. He said that AI will almost certainly wipe out humanity moments after becoming conscious, and that it could happen any minute now.

Pretty much everyone is slipping into some form of apocalypticism now, even our professional class. I have an engineer friend who hasn't been sleeping right because he's so worried about peak oil.

what the gently caress kind of therapist do you have and why is he allowed to counsel anyone?

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Patter Song posted:

it's because jared, ivanka, and reince don't want bannon's pick of bolton to come through and blow up the world so they locked bannon in closet and gave the "best" (still horrible) suggestion to trump

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

Typo posted:

what the gently caress kind of therapist do you have and why is he allowed to counsel anyone?

medicaid

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

sounds like you need to surround yourself with more-sane people

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
ladies and gentlemen
we have reached peak sewer

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

euphronius posted:

sessions is gonna go on a crusade against legal weed and its gonna be a trainwreck imo

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

People need to get their poo poo together. We are so goddamn hosed.

Serf
May 5, 2011

euphronius posted:

Trump's method of cabinet appointments is a dartboard covered in the faces of the Republicans whose names he could remember. He draws a position out of a hat, closes his eyes and makes a shot

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011
Also AI will be way smarter than any of us so I'm cool with whatever the computer god decides to do with me.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Your therapist needs a therapist.

Also, to go back to school and learn to not tell someone with anxiety problems to fear their computer.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

i went insane 3 months b4 the election and im sleepin like a baby

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Schnorkles posted:

sessions is gonna go on a crusade against legal weed and its gonna be a trainwreck imo

we ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~still~~~~~~~~~~~~~ don't have recreational weed in kkkanada because our dubmaas prime minister is too stoned to get it done (tho he knows what year it is, for 5 more weeks... then we shall see.... we shall see if he knows the year next year!!!)

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

euphronius posted:

romney is still a robot without human empathy

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

is this a picture of you therapist

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Yinlock posted:

romney is still a robot without human empathy

this might not be all that bad since a robot making foreign policy is prob better than trump or john bolton making foreign policy

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
being afraid of "peak oil" is right up there with "wifi gives you cancer" in Baby bitch thoughts

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Honestly I'd rather have someone who will shoot straight with me than try and pretend that we shouldn't be extremely wary of our technology evolving beyond our control.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Baloogan posted:

we ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~still~~~~~~~~~~~~~ don't have recreational weed in kkkanada because our dubmaas prime minister is too stoned to get it done (tho he knows what year it is, for 5 more weeks... then we shall see.... we shall see if he knows the year next year!!!)

baloogan are you literally ever sober

• Locked thread