Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

my nerd poo poo is better than ur nerd poo poo

ED BALLS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

pretend i posted something about ed balls

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Atrocious Joe posted:

Speaking of the future US - Canadian war, did anyone finish We Stand Guard? What I read was ok

i havent even heard of it but now i will

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Fallen Hamprince posted:

hot take: Caprica was better than bsg

yeah sure buddy

quote:

Syfy canceled the show, citing low ratings, and pulled the remaining five episodes of the series from its broadcast schedule

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

so that trump guy boy i dunno

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Turdfuzz posted:

that was pretty funny

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Turdfuzz posted:

fuckin lol, good one

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Turdfuzz posted:

me too monkey me too

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Turdfuzz posted:

that trump gay boi i dunno

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
https://twitter.com/CNN/status/801186930234826752

The meltdown, now in tweet form.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

AngryBooch posted:

More like since Reagan told them that black folks get welfare too but I see your point.

Same, but earlier, for a lot of other stuff like public parks, roads, mass transportation, all that poo poo started seeing massive falloffs of support from the usual suspects after brown v board and the CRA. Turns out a whole lot of folks be racist af when it comes to so much as the neighborhood dog park.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Atrocious Joe posted:

Speaking of the future US - Canadian war, did anyone finish We Stand Guard? What I read was ok

I did! It ended 100% gently caress America. It was good

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Turdfuzz posted:

my nerd poo poo is better than ur nerd poo poo

ED BALLS

my posts done been edited by foreign forces!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I'm the Obama hands MEDAL OF FREEDOM to CELEBRITY

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Agrajag posted:

explain? but that is pretty laffo :gizz:

hope they enjoy MAGA

right now there are a lot of sectors that have a lot of salaried positions and get free overtime from their workers by forcing them to work more than 40h weeks with no recompense (it's salaried after all!!!!!!)

an executive order goes into effect dec 1 that mandates these positions get overtime for hours worked above 40, so a lot of people are suddenly going to find themselves in a position of either: 1) getting overtime pay, gently caress yeah time and a half, or 2) a guaranteed 40h work week, gently caress yeah I go home at 5pm every day and still make the same money

this is something trump can undo with an executive order and is deffo going to be a jan 20 kind of thing

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Turdfuzz posted:

it must suck 2be canadian
as an american i only have to care about american politics but foreigners gotta care about they own politics AND america cuz america is a big deal w/ a big dick
thats loving crazy 2me having to care about two things at the same time

also check dis out: every american canadian i know (and a i know a bunch) its alwayts an american guy coming to marry a canadian girl (ALWAYS) so bascially it should be called the dominion of cuckada

also seriously i dispared because i forgot to put tonic in the fridge and gently caress if im gonna have anything but an ice cold gin and tonic but then boom i realized i got vodka and clammato and all was rite w/universe

Atrocious Joe posted:

You read the Southern Reach trilogy by VanderMeer yet?

It's about a weird environmental catastrophe. Sort of.

Also Ambient by Jack Womack is ok but literally has President Trump and his son Barron.

i haven't red either of those but yeh im kinda looking for optimistic sci fi futurey stuff im thinking of reading some 1950s 'rockets in space' where nuclear engineses were htought to be the wave of future

https://www.goodreads.com/review/list/35706774 this is what i read like, recently, haven't updates it in a month or so

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Agrajag posted:

explain? but that is pretty laffo :gizz:

hope they enjoy MAGA

no more guaranteed overtime for people making under 47k (it used to be like 27k, obama raised it so it covers more people)

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

100 degrees Calcium posted:

Is westworld just Battlestar Galactica with cowboys?

no

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

Fallen Hamprince posted:

hot take: Caprica was better than bsg

it definitely was

if it had been its own show instead of a bsg-prequel it would've been better received probably

instead the frat boys who tuned into bsg for the explosions were understandably miffed when instead of more space battles they got a thoughtful, slow paced meditation on monotheism and class differences in a fake utopia

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Karl Sharks posted:

no more guaranteed overtime for people making under 47k (it used to be like 27k, obama raised it so it covers more people)

wait what im gonna need some sources on this one (i havent heard it but this is actually extremely professionally relevant)

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Nonsense posted:

I'm the Obama hands MEDAL OF FREEDOM to CELEBRITY

lorne michaels is a hack who gets off on pulling power moves like making people wait all day outside his office

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Karl Sharks posted:

good self own rural hill folk

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Karl Sharks posted:

oh wait yeah this is it I misremembered

but yeah a lot of people are either going to lose their guaranteed 40h work week or their guaranteed time and a half after getting it for two or three months

because of trump, lmao

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Al! posted:

wait what im gonna need some sources on this one (i havent heard it but this is actually extremely professionally relevant)

https://www.dol.gov/whd/overtime/final2016/

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
baloogan is a self-hating canadian

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

SpaceGoku posted:

oh wait yeah this is it I misremembered

but yeah a lot of people are either going to lose their guaranteed 40h work week or their guaranteed time and a half after getting it for two or three months

because of trump, lmao

ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

how about that self own bois?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

well yeah knew about this, is the gop now repealing flsa????

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Turdfuzz posted:

u fucks always find a way to link poo poo to anime i swear to loving god u loving assholes

http://i.imgur.com/HNmTfU2.gifv

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
AI: HARRY POTTER SCARF COMPLETE. POCKY DESIGNATED NEW FAVORITE FUEL SOURCE. THIS FIREFLY SHOW IS LIT. PLEASE COMMENCE NEXT SEASON.

Humanity: ummm

AI:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGwz1s1E1aw

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Al! posted:

http://www.wsj.com/articles/overtime-pay-rule-to-go-into-effect-but-may-not-last-1479810612

quote:

Mr. Trump hasn’t commented on the overtime rule, but many Republican lawmakers have criticized it as excessive, suggesting that it may come under scrutiny next year.

like with basically everything about a trump presidency, it's not set in stone but it's about what the GOP congress wants (and of course they want to gently caress the poor) and what trump will sign off on even if he's not screaming about it from twitter

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

lol at the idea of syfy cancelling anything due to ratings when they've crapped out multiple Sharknado films

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

*desperately looks for something funny in your browser* im uh im the bookmark for buddhism

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
gently caress you Feinstein you're trying to get rid of the only entertaining part of our miserable existence.

https://twitter.com/KFILE/status/801197513151692800

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Lord of Pie posted:

lol at the idea of syfy cancelling anything due to ratings when they've crapped out multiple Sharknado films

at least im no loser thinking Caprice is actually a thing, a good thing.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Lord of Pie posted:

Sharknado films make syfy crazy bank on merch and dvd/blu ray sales.

Caprica was indulgent and expensive and only hard scifi geeks liked it.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Darkman Fanpage posted:

baloogan is a self-hating canadian

Darkman Fanpage posted:

bookmark for buddhism

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Insufficiently Fascist

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Trump is kind of just a continuation on a theme with recent GOP presidents when you think about it

Reagan- Actor-turned-conservative-huckster figurehead

H.W. Bush- OK this doesn't really fit I'll admit it GET OFF MY BACK NOBODY REMEMBERS HIM LIKE REAGAN

Dubya- Fake Cowboy Figurehead

Trump- Empty-Slate/Skull-Fake-Businessman Figurehead who may or may not know it

There's SOME kind of running theme here (other than them all being tremendous cocksuckers I mean)

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

do not gently caress with me canuck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coatlicue
Sep 14, 2012

it doesn't matter
how fast or how far,
you're still runnin' like a fool
I work for a Japanese owned company and the culture there is for everyone to work overtime. Many people come in a half hour early and will stay until six or seven several nights a week. They are being very accommodating about the changes actually, but I am one of the affected 40k salaried positions and I was really looking forward to clocking out promptly at five very day, and no more mandatory early meetings :(

• Locked thread