Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Seriously if you are looking to draft a shortstop and/or third baseman I have this Arky Vaughan '40 for trade! I have a few other players available too. I am looking for picks, groundball relievers or a backup shortstop or third baseman that can field well and sometimes hit in the short term.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

someone make me some offers on some of my above average pieces! not every trade has to be a blockbuster or a pair of guys from feeders that neither owner will ever roster you know! go for some marginal upgrades, offer some interesting stuff!!

mrnoun
Jul 24, 2007

rabidsquid posted:

someone make me some offers on some of my above average pieces! not every trade has to be a blockbuster or a pair of guys from feeders that neither owner will ever roster you know! go for some marginal upgrades, offer some interesting stuff!!

People are still in "I bet I can get that Cy Young if I offer enough random crap" mode, give it a few weeks and they'll be ready to make the marginal deals.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Mornacale posted:

Trading is fun, being stuck in a boring division in the least interesting league is not fun.

How do you figure? I think this is the best division, usually the best race in the SL.

Robert Deadford
Mar 1, 2008
Ultra Carp
By the way, don't close the Make Smasher Happy contest just yet. I'm working on something which might be more than a one-shot.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

Mornacale posted:

Trading is fun, being stuck in a boring division in the least interesting league is not fun.

Your gimmick team wouldn't do well in the Mark Bellhorn, and didn't really deserve the chance to get an easier road in the Norris-Smythe.

Come to think of it, it still doesn't!

That said, the only reason the Janus aren't competing for a wildcard is because Mornacale can't be bothered.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
Things the RCMP have to trade:

SP (will likely need an SP back)
27yr old Walter Johnson R
30yr old Larry Jackson R
27yr old Fritz Ostermuerller L
IF
27yr old 3B/1B Harmon Killebrew R
22yr old 2B/SS Addison Russell R
OF
30yr old Larry Walker L
C
31yr old C/CF/UTIL Roger Bresnahan R
RP
36yr old Bryn Smith R
26yr old Mark Eichhorn R
36yr old Norm Charlton L
26yr old Ron Mahay L

Things the RCMP would like to acquire:
Good relievers
Groundball SPs who can be a #5/LR type
Right handed outfielder
Milton Bradley, Garrett Anderson and current Toronto Blue Jays.

Find me in discord, on twitter, or PM me.

DannoMack fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Nov 23, 2016

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
Yeah Mornacale, I/we love you but it doesn't seem like you're having much fun, maybe take a season or two off?

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Monicro posted:

Yeah Mornacale, I/we love you but it doesn't seem like you're having much fun, maybe take a season or two off?

Didn't he just do that?

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Armitage posted:

Seriously if you are looking to draft a shortstop and/or third baseman I have this Arky Vaughan '40 for trade! I have a few other players available too. I am looking for picks, groundball relievers or a backup shortstop or third baseman that can field well and sometimes hit in the short term.

Oh yeah, the spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19TrgIHGV6QXAKs2hf-ECwjoGQ4I7Lvmjw2QyChhAy10/edit#gid=0

So yeah, '40 Arky Vaughan, '93 John Smoltz and a few others are available. I have a bunch of jerks I'm no longer rostering and am actually allowed to trade so if those guys tickle your fancy lemme know.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Armitage, I want to trade for that baby Joe Jackson you have. Also, Marauder, I'm interested in getting back the Joe Jackson I traded to you for Joe Kelley.

I have plans.

GVOLTT
Dec 27, 2012

Honestly, I don't know what I want to put here, so I'm going with this.

Armitage posted:

Oh yeah, the spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19TrgIHGV6QXAKs2hf-ECwjoGQ4I7Lvmjw2QyChhAy10/edit#gid=0

So yeah, '40 Arky Vaughan, '93 John Smoltz and a few others are available. I have a bunch of jerks I'm no longer rostering and am actually allowed to trade so if those guys tickle your fancy lemme know.
Man, if you didn't already have a great CF or even RF, I'd considering offering '51 Duke Snider straight up for '40 Arky Vaughan.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

GVOLTT posted:

Man, if you didn't already have a great CF or even RF, I'd considering offering '51 Duke Snider straight up for '40 Arky Vaughan.

Yeah, I'm stocked at outfield big time: Pujols/DiMaggio/Heilmann/Bob Johnson/Joe Jackson. Jackson and Johnson were very valuable last season and will definitely be used more in SLXXI in the larger parks I'll be visiting.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Oh my god if you are not in Discord you are missing out on magic happening

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

Here is a trade offer

To Scientists:
1933 Satchel Paige
1907 Deacon Philippe
2004 Billy Wagner
1958 Ernie Banks
1924 Tris Speaker
1979 Ted Simmons
1929 Al Simmons
Pick #63

To RCMP:
1925 Babe Ruth
1933 Josh Gibson

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

kensei posted:

Oh my god if you are not in Discord you are missing out on magic happening

this means its approved btw

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Gettin tired of these trade madness trades where some fringe players get moved around for other fringe players tbh

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
this is what happens when i take a break from dota

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

To RCMP:
20?? Mark Rzepczynski

To Panderers:
1933 Cecil Travis

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks

DannoMack posted:

To RCMP:
20?? Mark Rzepczynski

To Panderers:
1933 Cecil Travis

Blockbuster

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

DannoMack posted:

To RCMP:
2015 Mark Rzepczynski

To Panderers:
1933 Cecil Travis

accepted!

You're welcome, yaya.

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

replace bart with that trade and grandpa with smashers av

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
Pash Recieves:

1934 billy herman
1874 al spalding
pick 63

craigk recieves:
1977 joe morgan

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

Craig K posted:

Pash Recieves:

1934 billy herman
1874 al spalding
pick 63

craigk recieves:
1977 joe morgan

Approved!

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

DannoMack posted:

Here is a trade offer

To Scientists:
1933 Satchel Paige
1907 Deacon Philippe
2004 Billy Wagner
1958 Ernie Banks
1924 Tris Speaker
1979 Ted Simmons
1929 Al Simmons
Pick #63

To RCMP:
1925 Babe Ruth
1933 Josh Gibson

NIXON: jesus christ

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I can't believe Danno didn't give me that offer so I could say "no way jose!!!"

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Marauder: Would you give me Hamels + Molitor for Pick 35 (my 3rd rounder)

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
i think my team needs a rebrand too

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Your gimmick team wouldn't do well in the Mark Bellhorn, and didn't really deserve the chance to get an easier road in the Norris-Smythe.

Come to think of it, it still doesn't!

That said, the only reason the Janus aren't competing for a wildcard is because Mornacale can't be bothered.

My team had a great matchup against, iirc, every single team in the Bellhorn last season, so I'm not sure how you figure that.

But it's cool, now that I had my revenge on Monathin by afk killing him I get to put CraigK in the ground again.

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

Mornacale posted:

My team had a great matchup against, iirc, every single team in the Bellhorn last season, so I'm not sure how you figure that.

But it's cool, now that I had my revenge on Monathin by afk killing him I get to put CraigK in the ground again.

we need to have an Extremely Long Talk on what "better than" and "worse than" mean

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
because to be honest i think someone tricked you as a kid by switching up the definitions of them two things

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Craig K posted:

i think my team needs a rebrand too

Red Bull Baseball Team, based out of Salzburg, Austria.

Grinnblade
Sep 24, 2007

Craig K posted:

this means its approved btw

:vince: Jesus Christ. I mean... God drat.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Making Smasher Happy: The Corgi with the Slipper loop

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

Craig K posted:

we need to have an Extremely Long Talk on what "better than" and "worse than" mean

Can we also have a talk on what it means when a rookie team has a better Pythag than you and then soundly beats you for the next two seasons and promotes while you languish in the JV league?

Beet
Aug 24, 2003
So many trades already. I may have disappeared for a while, I was going to make my usual mid-season roster update but then I was otherwise occupied and decided to see how far I could get while leaving my team totally untended. Turns out, an LCS berth. I feel like it's an object lesson on the absurdity of trade madness, of constantly micromanaging lineups and bullpens throughout the season. Just build something you can trust and see how far it will take you.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
It's a lot easier to not worry about roster moves when you have the most broken player in SL history, who never gets injured and makes your pitching staff essentially immune to being injured and/or sucking, and somehow got to keep him despite being Macho'd.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

Shawon Dunston posted:

So many trades already. I may have disappeared for a while, I was going to make my usual mid-season roster update but then I was otherwise occupied and decided to see how far I could get while leaving my team totally untended. Turns out, an LCS berth. I feel like it's an object lesson on the absurdity of trade madness, of constantly micromanaging lineups and bullpens throughout the season. Just build something you can trust and see how far it will take you.

Ya, I feel like the real lesson is the absurdity of the Machine.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Even without the MACHINE, a rotation with Phil Douglas/Slim Sallee/Doc White/etc is pretty rough to deal with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robert Deadford
Mar 1, 2008
Ultra Carp
Herein lies part one of my entry into the Make Smasher Happy contest:

Dare you enter...the Darkest Super-League?!?!?

Apologies in advance for the poor sound quality and all other flaws.