Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

I just started listening to the adventure show and its real ducking good.

Only 9 episodes in and I've had a smile almost the entire time. Just got to Costco.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

How close is Taako to discovering all the secrets of tacos? They kinda dropped that thread but last I recall he knows:

-Sour cream
-Spicy meat
-Something thing about lettuce
-The concept of grinding

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

They talked about it in The Adventure Zone Zone and they're probably never going to get back to it, being both too hard to arrange without collusion between Griffin and Justin, and unneeded now that Justin has a handle on his character and doesn't need a crutch to goof off of.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Except that the taco stuff has legitimately been some of if not the best parts of the podcast.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Waffleman_ posted:

They talked about it in The Adventure Zone Zone and they're probably never going to get back to it, being both too hard to arrange without collusion between Griffin and Justin, and unneeded now that Justin has a handle on his character and doesn't need a crutch to goof off of.

That sucks, I'm only on episode 11 and it was one of the parts of the story I was looking forward to most. It's sad that it's gonna be their version of the four toed statue from Lost

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, they realized there was no way to really give that subplot a satisfying conclusion without arranging it beforehand, which is kind of against the spirit of the joke in the first place.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

That's just what Griffin wants us to think

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica
Tacoquest was a dumb crutch for goofs until Justin landed on his character being a catty wizard with an almost scathing disregard for his travelling companions.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Scathing disregard for helpful child detectives too, lest we forget

e:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9A_7k_NlsLg

FutonForensic fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Nov 22, 2016

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Waffleman_ posted:

Yeah, they realized there was no way to really give that subplot a satisfying conclusion without arranging it beforehand, which is kind of against the spirit of the joke in the first place.

It wouldn't surprise me if it somehow came up at the very end of the series

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

I like to think that an NPC trader who is trying to introduce the world to the concept of his tacos has been present in every populated place they've gone to, but the boys don't go off the rails enough to find him.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
In the next part of our games you'll need to make it through our toxic flower maze before your protective shell wears out.

Wait a minute.. maize... flour... shell?

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Democratic Pirate posted:

I like to think that an NPC trader who is trying to introduce the world to the concept of his tacos has been present in every populated place they've gone to, but the boys don't go off the rails enough to find him.

Yeah, I dunno who it should be, but another crew going through the same settings in a gaiden series where they see all the stuff the boys missed would be intriguing.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Inzombiac posted:

How close is Taako to discovering all the secrets of tacos? They kinda dropped that thread but last I recall he knows:

-Sour cream
-Spicy meat
-Something thing about lettuce
-The concept of grinding
I'd love to see the show bible where it indicates the hosed up Civilization-like tech tree horse poo poo where there are elevators and internal combustion engines but "grinding meat" which has been around the real world for hundreds of years, nope nothing.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Kenny Logins posted:

I'd love to see the show bible where it indicates the hosed up Civilization-like tech tree horse poo poo where there are elevators and internal combustion engines but "grinding meat" which has been around the real world for hundreds of years, nope nothing.

Well when Meatgrinder is the name of an Orc down the way, you may not have the same delicious association

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Well when Meatgrinder is the name of an Orc down the way, you may not have the same delicious association
*in an extremely Milhouse voice*

Remember when you said meatgrinders never existed because it's an orc's name? But how did they name the orc in the first place, Bart? How did they name him in the first place.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Kenny Logins posted:

Remember when you said meatgrinders never existed because it's an orc's name? But how did they name the orc in the first place, Bart? How did they name him in the first place.

Clubs are good at grinding things and people are made of meat.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Kenny Logins posted:

I'm... I'm stumped

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

They could make a great Taako's tacos revival by tying it in to the mysterious cooking show he had before becoming an adventurer.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
The Taako Taco bit just isn't very funny to me. There's so much other interesting stuff happening I'd be annoyed if it came back up.

Speaking of which, I hope Justin wipes this next encounter with a single spell. I'm going to be so bummed if the entire session is a combat encounter.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Justin will reveal a crude prototype taco that will stun the last boss of the game and save the world.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy
At the end we find out that Red Robe Taako already invented the taco and fed it to Red Robe Void Fish because the world food economy would collapse if knowledge of it ever got out.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

Somberbrero posted:

The Taako Taco bit just isn't very funny to me. There's so much other interesting stuff happening I'd be annoyed if it came back up.

Speaking of which, I hope Justin wipes this next encounter with a single spell. I'm going to be so bummed if the entire session is a combat encounter.

He destroys the monsters with his bullshit wonder sword, which Jesse and James then confiscate.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

So they'll have to go around again in NG+ to 100% everything?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Not Operator posted:

He destroys the monsters with his bullshit wonder sword, which Jesse and James then confiscate.

Oh right, that sword. Acquiring it was brilliant but there is no way he's gonna use it more than once.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I bet they keep begging him to use it and trying to force him to use it but he refuses.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Griffin tweeted that Car Boys and Skyrim will be touch and go for the next month but he has enough Nuzlocke to release every week.

Who knew babies were such a hassle?!

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Inzombiac posted:

Griffin tweeted that Car Boys and Skyrim will be touch and go for the next month but he has enough Nuzlocke to release every week.

Who knew babies were such a hassle?!

We'll just have to hope that Griff's TLC will lead to more of that great McElroy brand.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

I just saw like six TV commercials for Bug-A-Salt that was just Santa shooting flies. Was that always popular? It just seemed to pop up immediately after that CGI Animated dropped

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Spaced God posted:

I just saw like six TV commercials for Bug-A-Salt that was just Santa shooting flies. Was that always popular? It just seemed to pop up immediately after that CGI Animated dropped

That's Google Analytics for you.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Google is basically magic. I'll be watching something and get curious about something. I start typing and three letters in Google has guessed my entire question. This happens about 90% of the time.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Inzombiac posted:

That's Google Analytics for you.

But it was on like real actual cable television :psyduck:
Unless Google has used Food Network's Chopped marathons to test Adword but for TV

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Greatbacon posted:

Tacoquest was a dumb crutch for goofs until Justin landed on his character being a catty wizard with an almost scathing disregard for his travelling companions.

I find it really, really amazing that Taako is so stupid at almost everything apart from being a colossal jerk. It's just an amazing character choice and Justin plays it so well.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Spaced God posted:

But it was on like real actual cable television :psyduck:
Unless Google has used Food Network's Chopped marathons to test Adword but for TV

Christmas shopping season is underway and a $40 salt gun for killing flies is exactly the kind of cheap, disposable plastic tchotchke that people feel compelled to buy as a thoughtless gift.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
I'm telling you guys the gun is solid and fun!

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

JethroMcB posted:

Christmas shopping season is underway and a $40 salt gun for killing flies is exactly the kind of cheap, disposable plastic tchotchke that people feel compelled to buy as a thoughtless gift.

Yeah for $40 I wouldn't buy the thing myself without some amazon gift cards burning a hole in my pocket, but I'd be super stoked if I got it as a gift.

Also I just now watched those CGI animations and they are magical.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

well why not posted:

I find it really, really amazing that Taako is so stupid at almost everything apart from being a colossal jerk. It's just an amazing character choice and Justin plays it so well.

He's not stupid, he's actually somewhat smart, he just does not give two shits about other people.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Yeah for $40 I wouldn't buy the thing myself without some amazon gift cards burning a hole in my pocket, but I'd be super stoked if I got it as a gift.

Also I just now watched those CGI animations and they are magical.

The Austin Powers one is like "Worcestershire" levels of good

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

Tragedy strikes again https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nekXd057xFw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002