Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Things that I liked in the first 3 episodes that I forgot to mention.

1. Chika loving wall banged a cute girl in glasses. gently caress YEAH WALL BANGS.

2. You constantly motivating Chika by asking her if she's gonna give up, which inspires Chika to go at it harder cause she can't stand half-assing things. Back in the original Love Live, it felt like Honoka was generally the one who willpowered her way through poo poo with minimal support from the rest of the cast (end of S1 excluded), who were too busy worrying ("A-RISE is too strong!" said Eli, who had prior stated something along the lines of "Even A-RISE look like amateurs to me.") about the new rising issue. Even in the movie, the group doesn't really help Honoka come to a decision, though the 3rd years do come to the same conclusion separately. It's a bit of support from the younger sisters + encouragement from Future / Ghost Honoka. So Sunshine is really nice in this regard, cause it shows you that You knows Chika well enough to inspire her like that, and because it feels like less of a one-person thing.

3. Riko's answer to Chika's request for her to become a school idol constantly changing as she gets increasingly more annoyed. Similar to Dia's interactions with Chika.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
:^3c

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
sunshine is way better written.

there's still plenty of stupid crap, but it's the character's stupidity, not the writers.

https://twitter.com/haikimono/status/800160396657102848

So cute!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

HELL YEAH CUTENESS.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Do you guys think there will be both Yoshiko and Yohane Nendoroids?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Fun fact both Sachiko and Syoko start with S and end in Ko.

Fun fact Koume's name starts with Ko.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Interesting fact about Pottery-chan: She has the best pout in all of Cinderella Girls-dom.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Chill la Chill posted:

Do you guys think there will be both Yoshiko and Yohane Nendoroids?

??? All you need is a feather accessory though????

Christmas Cake
Dec 25, 2008

Hate-Senpai posted:

Fun fact both Sachiko and Syoko start with S and end in Ko.

Fun fact Koume's name starts with Ko.

Syoko and Syuko both do a weird mix of Sy and Sh in their full names.

Minase Inori is in fact a real person who's been voice acting for several years, not a typo of Minase Iori.

Christmas Cake fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Nov 22, 2016

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Christmas Cake posted:

Syoko and Syuko both do a weird mix of Sy and Sh in their full names.

Minase Inori is in fact a real person who's been voice acting for several years, not a typo of Minase Iori.

I am aware of the second, she played the villain in Symphogear GX and had awesome songs.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Please, there is only one true shoe-ko.

Too bad there is no proper shot to establish that she is, in fact, carrying shoes.

Incidentally, since I was there, it's nice to note that the Onegai Cinderella in episode 1 is, in fact, just by the girls on stage, and not the cinderella project or 346 or anything. They even helpfully nudge up everyone's voice when there's a shot of them singing.
I can't believe that Akane was an idol before anyone on cinderella project…

Actually, now that I check, the one in the game is kinda weird too. Why are Mika and Miho there? (They're also the only two on that version who were in the episode 1 version!)

I also cannot believe there's no Sae here, but I think that's just from reading too many comics on twitter.

When I inevitably go back to watch CG it'll be hella fun playing spot the idol. So many neat little things, like Miku being the one in weird white-dress idol-heaven to reach out for the girls singing onegai cinderella. Or like,

Kawaii Boku and Kaede ?? What a weird combo.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
/checks

Song was originally released in April 2013, so several months before the CG adaptation aired. I imagine the vocalists were chosen from some poll or popularity check or whatever from the original mobage. Then, since you had an overlap between the original vocalists and the Cinderella Project cast, there had to be a version for the already-established 346Pro idols, given that all members of the Cinderella Project were explicitly shown in non-idol environs.

also lol at the miho-and-not-sae, bococho is fond of that trio

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
NONO FINALLY GOT HER SSR

THREE 10-PULLS LATER

SHE CAME HOME

NONOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Congrats and die.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

graybook posted:

NONO FINALLY GOT HER SSR

THREE 10-PULLS LATER

SHE CAME HOME

Hate-Senpai posted:

Congrats and die.

:same:, but just congrats

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

I like the Sae-Sachiko-Mayu set. Much like everything else, sometimes Miho is…present. Kinda feels like she's usually getting the short end of the stick~ Although I kinda remember some Miho-Sae stuff somewhere around.

Mayu's pretty fun no matter who she's stuck with, though. She's really grown on me.
I figured maybe someone'd complain about Sachiko's weird pantyshot training if it were inline, so…

But more importantly, nice Nono!

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

graybook posted:

Song was originally released in April 2013, so several months before the CG adaptation aired. I imagine the vocalists were chosen from some poll or popularity check or whatever from the original mobage. Then, since you had an overlap between the original vocalists and the Cinderella Project cast, there had to be a version for the already-established 346Pro idols, given that all members of the Cinderella Project were explicitly shown in non-idol environs.

Actually this almost all adds up if you look at the CD release order.

The original track was by 9 picked from the 15 previous CD tracks that existed at the time, leaving out Anzu, Kaede, Miku, Kirari, Airi and Mizuki.

Exclude Anzu, Miku and Kirari and you get Kaede, Airi and Mizuki who are all in the episode 1 version. Looking forward to the tracks released after that, the people who aren't in Cinderella Project are:

Akane
Nana
Sachiko
Mayu
Koume

Mayu stole Nana's place in the episode 1 version, is what I'm saying.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Zenostein posted:

??? All you need is a feather accessory though????

And devil wings, and the Jojo poses... though having all the accessories in one package would be nice.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

inject yohane nendo directly into my vein

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

graybook posted:

NONO FINALLY GOT HER SSR

THREE 10-PULLS LATER

SHE CAME HOME

Hate-Senpai posted:

Congrats and die.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

graybook posted:

NONO FINALLY GOT HER SSR

THREE 10-PULLS LATER

SHE CAME HOME

Can't believe you got excited over that, because if you idolize that SSR, the picture is, Nono's staring at the camera. Messed up.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Sylphid posted:

Can't believe you got excited over that, because if you idolize that SSR, the picture is, Nono's staring at the camera. Messed up.

She's getting braver and I'm proud of her growth.

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
Welll fuuuuck. I'm playing the English SIF event and trying to get that sweet Mt. Zura sunflower card but the game just ate something like 600 flowers and I got no event points, just a "Transmission Error Please Restart" box. I sent a message to KLab support. Am I pretty much hosed? I don't think I'm going to be able to get enough event currency back before the end of the event now.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Haha I just got the same deal. It was an endless loop of transmission errors.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
My understanding is that this is A Thing in EN right now, so maybe hold off on spending tokens.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

nice, I'll keep my place in tier 2 on a technicality

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

x x x
x x

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

happy birthday miki. be nicer to haruka

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
Haven't seen any Awakened Miki yet.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Sonata Mused posted:

dont worry i got u fam

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Chill la Chill posted:

And devil wings, and the Jojo poses... though having all the accessories in one package would be nice.

Oh, right. Poses. I guess if she doesn't move, sticking a feather in her'd just make her "Yoshiko with a feather."

Polsy posted:

Actually this almost all adds up if you look at the CD release order.

The original track was by 9 picked from the 15 previous CD tracks that existed at the time, leaving out Anzu, Kaede, Miku, Kirari, Airi and Mizuki.

Exclude Anzu, Miku and Kirari and you get Kaede, Airi and Mizuki who are all in the episode 1 version. Looking forward to the tracks released after that, the people who aren't in Cinderella Project are:

Akane
Nana
Sachiko
Mayu
Koume

Mayu stole Nana's place in the episode 1 version, is what I'm saying.

Well, if she didn't, Koume would've stolen Mayu's. Besides, the bunny ears wouldn't have really fit… And a Nana without bunny ears is just hosed up.

But hey look at that logic! Nice~

unbelievable

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Awesome because the first song i played in the car on the way home was relations

I sang to it, too!

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

lmfao

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
HAPPY BIRTHDAY STAR MIKI.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Chill la Chill posted:

Haha I just got the same deal. It was an endless loop of transmission errors.

Same. Oh well, back to JP or Idolmaster.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Sonata Mused posted:

The Awakened Miki era is definitely over, people aren't even recolouring Platinum Stars Miki's hair brown.

Zenostein posted:

Well, if she didn't, Koume would've stolen Mayu's. Besides, the bunny ears wouldn't have really fit… And a Nana without bunny ears is just hosed up.

They had to have 3-3-3 Cute Cool Passion, so they had to skip someone for Koume. I guess agreed on the bunny ears issue, though.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Every day should be Miki Day, should it not?

And if so, you need to make it so, by your own power.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Polsy posted:

The Awakened Miki era is definitely over, people aren't even recolouring Platinum Stars Miki's hair brown.

They had to have 3-3-3 Cute Cool Passion, so they had to skip someone for Koume. I guess agreed on the bunny ears issue, though.

I agree with skipping other idols for Koume as long as they are not idols that I love.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

What anime episodes should I watch of im@s if I just want to see Ranko? I liked the gifs of her before so any ranko-centered episodes would be nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Chill la Chill posted:

What anime episodes should I watch of im@s if I just want to see Ranko? I liked the gifs of her before so any ranko-centered episodes would be nice.

CG episode 8.

Ranko doesn't really get any other episodes dedicated to her.

Though I guess she does play a decently major part in episode 13 as well.

Which was part of my complaints about the second half of CG.

There's also episode 26, which is a bunch of skits, with the first featuring Ranko and Koume.