Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I know it's a better pick. The right side is just sitting there offering the one in a zillion instant kill. Thought it was fun to share.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
Counterpoint: don't let your memes be dreams

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Countercounterpoint: always bet on DBZ

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Non shitpost, should I be spending my gold (rupies? whatever it's gold) on standard packs, darkness packs or T2 tickets?

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
You get like a dozen free T2 tickets from various sources (can't remember how many are from the solo stories/Elite classes stuff though). After finishing with those you should have a pretty good idea of whether A: you enjoy playing T2 and B: whether you can average at least 50 gold's worth of rewards every run (not terribly hard). If B is true it's the most cost-efficient way of spending your gold* but obviously you have to not hate it.

*technically the comparison is more complicated because both T2 and ranked games will give you different achievement rewards and the latter also Score rewards, so you kinda wanna balance it.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Went 4-1 in my first arena :woop: Rewards were pretty underwhelming compared to hearthstone tho for that kinda record, just a pack and 130 golds. Oh well, at least you don't have to play up to 15 loving games of it.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Golden Battler posted:

Counterpoint: don't let your memes be dreams

I took the stuff on the left and went 4-1. The only game I lost was to some garbage sword pile, which makes it hurt all the more. I kept a pretty low curve but drew all my expensive poo poo at the start and just got rolled over by junk.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Trip report after several weeks of playing: going first is still the worst thing about the entire game. I feel like if you go first you should be able to reroll your three-card opening until you get a 1-cost card, if you get unlucky on your first draw your entire advantage is gone and now the enemy is gonna destroy you with the evolve advantage and even if you have six one-cost cards in your deck, not having a 1-cost is somewhat common meanwhile the opponent also gets an extra card to work with. Seriously, gently caress going first

edit: PLAYING AGAINST A SWORDCRAFT DECK, I WENT FIRST, GUY WHO WENT SECOND HAS GOTTEN ALL THREE OF HIS FLORAL FENCERS CAN YOU GET OUT OF HERE EVEN THOUGH I WON THE GAME I'M MAD

RazzleDazzleHour fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Nov 23, 2016

warhammer651
Jul 21, 2012
so just starting out here, did some initial playing to get a feel for the various classes before rerolling. I'm aiming for shadowcraft, since that seems the most fun. My best reroll so far gave me
2 Lord of the Flies
2 Dark Angel Olivia
Lord Atomy
Enstatued seraph
Moon al-mir-aj
and Crystalia Tia

is this a good start for a shadowcraft deck? No Cerberus, but after liquefying all my surplus I have near 3k vials.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I'm crying at what you liquefied.

warhammer651
Jul 21, 2012
Only thing I liquefied was the surplus cards, clicking the Liquefy Extras button. Got an obscene number of animated basics, so I liquified the non-animated ones. I still have all those legendaries

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Things that would be nice: If the game actually showed your remaining deck size in a not obscure corner of the UI as I just decked myself in take two after finally beating the poo poo out of a swordcraft opponent in a game that went for an absurd number of turns.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
okay after a billion re-rolls here's what i got:

Soul Dealer, Moon Al-mi raj, Prince of Darkness, Aurelia, Regal Saber, Lord of the Flies

is that good or should i re-roll again

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

0-3 so far on my first T2 :smith:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

General Morden posted:

okay after a billion re-rolls here's what i got:

Soul Dealer, Moon Al-mi raj, Prince of Darkness, Aurelia, Regal Saber, Lord of the Flies

is that good or should i re-roll again

not good but you can make a meta storm haven deck with 1 moon and some garudas if that sounds appealing to you and you are sick of rerolling

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Well made it out with 2-3 only because Incandescent Dragon is some seriously gamebreaking bullshit combined with someone else Warding for him

Guess I'll keep trying

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.

warhammer651 posted:

so just starting out here, did some initial playing to get a feel for the various classes before rerolling. I'm aiming for shadowcraft, since that seems the most fun. My best reroll so far gave me
2 Lord of the Flies
2 Dark Angel Olivia
Lord Atomy
Enstatued seraph
Moon al-mir-aj
and Crystalia Tia

is this a good start for a shadowcraft deck? No Cerberus, but after liquefying all my surplus I have near 3k vials.

Any reroll without cerberus is not a good reroll for going shadow

But. It's a fine enough reroll that you can just play on. I would advise not spending your vials on going for a cerberus right away but for gold cards if you're serious about going shadow

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
My memory is hazy and I don't own Ceridwen on my current account so could someone tell me if she works like Urd in that she doesn't trigger Fanfare, or if she does?

I think I vaguely remember using her to bring back Lord of the Flies and got a Fanfare summon but it's been so long since I played Shadowcraft that I don't remember.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
She doesn't, but Lord of Flies triggers at the start of every turn which is probably how you got confused.

e: Also you're Zep right? I always get confused by name changes

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Golden Battler posted:

She doesn't, but Lord of Flies triggers at the start of every turn which is probably how you got confused.

e: Also you're Zep right? I always get confused by name changes

Ah, that's sort of a bummer. Guess it would have been too powerful if it worked with Fanfare too.

I'm tempted to make Shadowcraft my secondary archetype because I really like the Last Word mechanics, plus Urd works well with Forte so she could work on my lovely Dragoncraft deck as well, but having no Cerbs hurts a lot.

And yes, I'm Zep. Ex Mod Seafood changed my name as a prank before he stepped down. I can message FAU to get it changed back but eh. If anything, you can tell who I am by my unique gangtag.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Hate-Senpai posted:

And yes, I'm Zep. Ex Mod Seafood changed my name as a prank before he stepped down. I can message FAU to get it changed back but eh. If anything, you can tell who I am by my unique gangtag.

ha

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

ok what about this re-roll:

crystalia tia, gabriel, enstatued seraph, bloody mary x2, lord of the flies, dark angel olivia x2

General Morden fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Nov 23, 2016

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Honestly I'm sort of glad I screwed myself out of rerolling because that is the blurst thing to come out of Japan

_jink
Jan 14, 2006

General Morden posted:

ok what about this re-roll:

crystalia tia, gabriel, enstatued seraph, bloody mary x2, lord of the flies, dark angel olivia x2

that's about as good as you're going to get. Tia/seraph are the toppest of tiers and mary/olivia are both good. 8 is an unusually high amount of legendaries as well iirc

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

ok cool

what kind of decks should i be building toward, with these legendaries

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

you can do elana/seraph with one seraph although i think most people use 2

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

the issue with tia (i got 3 from my reroll) is any forest deck also needs 3 ancient elves. i should really get around to crafting those though.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

24 hours later and it still gives me a shiteating grin to play a seraph then delay the game for juuuuuust long enough

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

how does one go about linking a mobile account to steam?

_jink
Jan 14, 2006

open the steam client, it's a button in the upper left

General Morden posted:

what kind of decks should i be building toward, with these legendaries

I'd go for elena/seraph (focus on crafting 3x elanas first, as you might expect). Tia goes in purgatory forest, which is another extremely good deck, but expensive as gently caress.

similarly, bloody mary/olivia are good but go in $$$ control decks (ie control blood)

some variation on fast swordcraft and bloodcraft are good decks to make as well, but don't use any legendaries.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Awesome! posted:

the issue with tia (i got 3 from my reroll) is any forest deck also needs 3 ancient elves. i should really get around to crafting those though.

ancient elf looks innocuous but she really is the glue that holds the entire deck together

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

are you sure its glue

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
yeah thats why she puts the craft in forest craft, duh.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

i'm surprised all the faction heroes weren't female tbh

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
someone above mentioned control blood and while I get the idea, I can't imagine what its good matchups are

i guess it's a reasonable choice against midrange sword?

Zoness fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Nov 23, 2016

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

Zoness posted:

someone above mentioned control blood and while I get the idea, I can't imagine what its good matchups are

i guess it's a reasonable choice against midrange sword?

It actually has a sub-50% winrate against every Sword archetype. Seraph Haven and every Forest archetype curbstomps it.

It does well against Non-Hybrid Heal Haven, Midrange Shadow and Ramp Dragon, and its best matchups are Storm Haven, Aggro Blood and Face Dragon.

Ruby Prism fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Nov 23, 2016

shoc77
Apr 21, 2015
So I discovered this game from the hearthstone subreddit and pretty much got sucked in right away. Guess I have an inner weeb in me after all.

Is there any consensus on whether someone new like me with a pretty crappy collection should play ranked or u ranked for questing? I've read somewhere that if you ranked up too fast, you'll eventually face a brick wall of u ending meta decks which would be horrid if you don't have a proper deck to complete missions ie. forestcraft missions with a Budget deck.

On the other hand, the score rewards seem pretty good and I'm still facing a lot of players with optimised decks (forest raft with complete set of ancient ends and crystallia tia, elana havencraft etc..)when playing unranked now (I'm beginner rank as of now) which is really obnoxious.

I'm also not sure where to focus my deck building towards, my best reroll consists of an Erasmus, Odin, Alexander and 2 Bloody Mary and I'm too far in to consider another reroll :/

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

shoc77 posted:

So I discovered this game from the hearthstone subreddit and pretty much got sucked in right away. Guess I have an inner weeb in me after all.

Is there any consensus on whether someone new like me with a pretty crappy collection should play ranked or u ranked for questing? I've read somewhere that if you ranked up too fast, you'll eventually face a brick wall of u ending meta decks which would be horrid if you don't have a proper deck to complete missions ie. forestcraft missions with a Budget deck.

On the other hand, the score rewards seem pretty good and I'm still facing a lot of players with optimised decks (forest raft with complete set of ancient ends and crystallia tia, elana havencraft etc..)when playing unranked now (I'm beginner rank as of now) which is really obnoxious.

I'm also not sure where to focus my deck building towards, my best reroll consists of an Erasmus, Odin, Alexander and 2 Bloody Mary and I'm too far in to consider another reroll :/

You'll get your teeth kicked in in both modes for questing so pick your poison.

Also what Golden cards did you get? I didn't bother with rerolling and have a few scattered decent legendaries across all classes, but managed to get 2 Garudas that I made a budget Storm Havencraft deck, eventually even crafting a legendary for it and still had vials left for another.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

shoc77 posted:

I'm still facing absolutely bizarre decks (as in 'not even the best you could make if you had zero packs to work with' bizarre) in C-rank and have an obscene winrate with Control Shadow, hardly the strongest deck around. And I didn't do any rerolling so I only had five Legendaries to work with at the start too, one useful for my deck. I must be playing at a better time than anyone else because I rarely meet super-optimized meta decks or even expensive decks at these low ranks. Anyway, you might as well do Ranked for progress on the Ranked achievements if nothing else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Insurrectionist posted:

I'm still facing absolutely bizarre decks (as in 'not even the best you could make if you had zero packs to work with' bizarre) in C-rank and have an obscene winrate with Control Shadow, hardly the strongest deck around. And I didn't do any rerolling so I only had five Legendaries to work with at the start too, one useful for my deck. I must be playing at a better time than anyone else because I rarely meet super-optimized meta decks or even expensive decks at these low ranks. Anyway, you might as well do Ranked for progress on the Ranked achievements if nothing else.

I think I had a 20 win streak before I met somebody who could beat me when I started out in ranked, and I didn't even look up any deck lists. After building the face sword deck in the OP, I cruised right up to about C3 rank, and then after I built banner sword, my winrate was still pretty high until B3.

Once I hit the middle of B3, that's about where I started running into prayer haven and various combo forest decks all over the drat place.

• Locked thread