Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

loquacius posted:

No no Hillary's stance on class was "pretend it doesn't exist so as not to scare off the big donors"

:thejoke:

also lol that he thinks he cant be a neolib because he has student loan debt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Full communism mao

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

100 degrees Calcium posted:

Full communism mao

Chairman Wow!

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

lmao

SNL's Black Jeopardy skit has more political insight than this dude

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Raskolnikov38 posted:

he served in a Lebanese death squad

he was conscripted into a militia at age 15

hes a shithead but like, hes a shithead without needing to call him a war criminal for being forced to be a child soldier

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Crusader posted:

Chairman Wow!

but wait, there's more!!

for just an additional 4.95 you can get cultural marxism as an added bonus!!!

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Tatum Girlparts posted:

^^^Also that. Keep going. If you feel the system is too opaque ask someone 'hey what did they mean by that' when the meeting is over.
That's good advice. These were just my initial impressions! I intend to keep going to events.

platzapS has issued a correction as of 02:35 on Nov 23, 2016

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Oh Snapple! posted:

reasoned disagreement is worse than ingrained, violent racism

If you yell slurs at him he can just block you, but if you try arguing with him he has to expend effort to figure out why you're wrong and that's hard :saddowns:

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Baloogan posted:

hes a shithead but like, hes a shithead without needing to call him a war criminal for being forced to be a child soldier

:stare: offtopic but reading about that conflict I'm surprised that Lebanon isn't still a utter warzone.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Baloogan posted:

yea this came up in the primaries and was really gross then too. He wasn't exactly cheering and doing a dance when he was there. Calling him a 'war criminal' is pretty hosed up.

He is, however, a loving idiot.

SMP
May 5, 2009

i met bernie earlier tonight and copped two signed copies of our revolution :allears:

https://twitter.com/seanpagal/status/801190268716388352

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

Baloogan posted:

the term "middle class" is a divide and conquer tactic

Ain't no class consciousness quite like false class consciousness.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/BuzzFeedNews/status/801210219019673600

lol

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
hey ben, you're a blllrrrain surgeon... come do urban development!

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

lmao I bet it's because the department has urban in its name

also saw this show where Jack Bauer was Sec of HUD and became president and charged the governor of Michigan with treason for trying to intern muslims, was p. cool.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/Independent/status/801147316296159232

:suicide:

The_Politics_Man
Aug 25, 2015
rip science

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

resar posted:

rip science

pay to play wins again

Serf
May 5, 2011

welp, there goes my career in higher education

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Jerry Fallwell Jr paid himself a million dollars when he ran Liberty U. He recently said salaries in higher education were absurd.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Serf posted:

welp, there goes my career in higher education

Of course it's naturally that Trump would reward fundie americans for supporting him especially Falwell.

Kevos Setzer
Dec 1, 2004

I can transform, right?

This is comedy, right? Like the Onion?

And I thought Friend Ben said he didn't want to have anything to do with the cabinet.

Edit: poo poo, I thought this was the Trump thread.

Kevos Setzer has issued a correction as of 03:21 on Nov 23, 2016

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

etalian posted:

Of course it's naturally that Trump would reward fundie americans for supporting him especially Falwell.

I still remember his stump for Trump when he endorsed him on NPR, it was the absolutely most cringiest horse poo poo I've ever heard anybody talk about a politician, and I heard from both the DNC & RNC conventions.

Serf
May 5, 2011

like what the gently caress are we gonna do, set up underground schools like some sort of cheesy YA novel holy poo poo

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Serf posted:

like what the gently caress are we gonna do, set up underground schools like some sort of cheesy YA novel holy poo poo

ur a mathematician, harry

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
Inherit The Wind 2: Inherit Harder

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Nonsense posted:

I still remember his stump for Trump when he endorsed him on NPR, it was the absolutely most cringiest horse poo poo I've ever heard anybody talk about a politician, and I heard from both the DNC & RNC conventions.

It owns how they overlooked his very un-christian behavior and his lack of religious conviction just because they knew they would be rewarded for their support when Trump.

Serf
May 5, 2011

reminder that Liberty University's student body called Falwell out as a shithead for supporting Trump. his own school hates his loving guts

he also censored the school's newspaper when a student wrote a piece that was critical of him for buddying up to Trump

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
I got sucked into a debate on my cousin's Facebook wall regarding Breitbart's (lack of) news credibility and after linking some clear-cut examples of bias and/or racism/sexism, a friend of his replied by stating "I think of a white nationalist as a Patriot".

:psyduck:

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

FistEnergy posted:

I got sucked into a debate on my cousin's Facebook wall regarding Breitbart's (lack of) news credibility and after linking some clear-cut examples of bias and/or racism/sexism, a friend of his replied by stating "I think of a white nationalist as a Patriot".

u shouldn't have called him a nazi bro

err I mean u shouldn't have called him a white nationalist

whoops I thought this was the Trump thread. when I started seeing the jerry falwell stuff

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

FistEnergy posted:

I got sucked into a Facebook debate on Breitbart's (lack of) news credibility and after linking some clear-cut examples of bias and/or racism and sexism, a friend of a family member replied by stating "I think of a white nationalist as a Patriot".

A guy wrote a highly circulated tweet that called out people estranging their family because of political opinions as not normal, mocking the hashtag. I really don't think that person has it all figured out, and sometimes close to family people, or our family themselves are hosed in the head and there is little one can do but block them on facebook or stop associating with their day-to-day. It isn't rejecting that person's value or love, you just don't give a poo poo what they're thinking every 30 minutes.

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

FistEnergy posted:

:sever:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

comingafteryouall posted:

u shouldn't have called him a nazi bro

err I mean u shouldn't have called him a white nationalist

whoops I thought this was the Trump thread. when I started seeing the jerry falwell stuff

you can post wherever the gently caress you want

Serf
May 5, 2011

FistEnergy posted:

I guess you could try asking him just what all those people died for in World War 2.

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?

Welp a court in Texas blocked the new overtime rule expansion. 2016 is the worst year in a long time.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/jmartNYT/status/801247963796426753

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Optimus Subprime posted:

Welp a court in Texas blocked the new overtime rule expansion. 2016 is the worst year in a long time.

Oh don't worry, 2017 is gonna be worse

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

gently caress these guys

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

quote:

Some Democrats, in Mr. Obama’s orbit and beyond, say that elevating Mr. Ellison would amount to handing the party to Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont, Mrs. Clinton’s primary race opponent, and his liberal followers.

good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I do see merits to the arguments about full-time job etc. Was Dean a full-time chair?

• Locked thread