Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Beet Wagon posted:

Jesus christ there's a thread on reddit right now talking about how they hope CIG makes this dumb Top Gear Car Spaceship Show a real event in game.

Dudes they promised you a showroom like two years ago.

If there's one thing Roberts can do, it's try to sell cars/ships in a dealership! That's pretty much the one area he's actually got experience in!

Bunny:

The Titanic fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Nov 23, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

The Titanic posted:

Whoa, spite purchase!

Let me tell you, Internet wizard on Twitter, you just got me. *clutches heart* right here!

I think... I need to take the night off now. This guy spite buying crazy fake space ships really hurt my feelings tonight.

This poo poo makes me laugh so hard.

You showed me hardcharger. Keep throwing gas on the fire, buddy.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I'll start listening to you when you've made a single correct guess/prediction about Star Citizen's development

I seem to remember he once nailed the cost of a new ship CIG sold, in an offhand comment. I asked him how he knew that but got stonewalled. I don't know who he is, but he's been getting a bit pissier lately. Definitely needs to rediscover his inner chill and kindness. :)

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
MoMA, you still haven't worked out the TheAgent has never said he worked for CiG

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Do it MoMA. Do the doxx meltdown.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

ManofManyAliases posted:

Because he was about to "doxx" me (giggle).

Yeah after you went into his legal history and dragged out some poo poo out about a traffic violation and tried to be all puppet master about it.

I imagine the only reason you're still here is because no one reported that either, so don't throw shade on someone for something you did.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
By the way MoMA you've never been right about anything new. The Polaris was talked about, even in this thread, before you made that prediction. Agent has at least a dozen correct predictions on you.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Mirificus fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Nov 23, 2016

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

lmao nice meltdown brandon

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

You know, After you tried to take-down TheAgent over his predictions I went through your post history and started compiling a list of everything you expected or were wrong about predicting.

I just feel bad now.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

I make MONEY off of these things. I sell them for premium. You think I'm still sitting on all of that?
lol ffs dude.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

You better not let Roberts catch wind of you covering half your screen, you entitled millionaire. If you screw with the vision, you're not part of the vision. You better delete that post or Roberts will feel grief every time somebody in accounting tells him "that weird furry millionaire guy just bought another ship, boss".

Don't hurt Chris. Don't you dare skip parts of the vision. The loving vision is all Chris has.

CR: Wesha, I thought we were friends. You motherfucker. Don't alter MY loving vision.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
You should spam Space Court as your protest or whatever you're doing instead.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Space Court.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

I hope nobody responds, and he works himself up into another explosion all by himself. That poor dude. :allears:

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Imagine having a giant meltdown post on reddit and then going back to edit in more snark.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Free Tophat!

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

thatguy posted:

You should spam Space Court as your protest or whatever you're doing instead.

I'm not protesting anything, I said my piece the other day, I just think that image is funny. I never got the tane thing before, it just used to bug me when people would ask what it was. Then that image dropped on drama day and I keep giggling every time I see it.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
the tane posts used to annoy me too, but the out of breath post during Deloriageddon showed me the brilliance of his long game

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

AP posted:

I'm not protesting anything, I said my piece the other day, I just think that image is funny. I never got the tane thing before, it just used to bug me when people would ask what it was. Then that image dropped on drama day and I keep giggling every time I see it.
Oh.

Space Court.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

no_recall posted:

Free Tophat!

What... uh, what actually ended up happening to Tophat anyway? I remember him getting a probation from Derek, did it turn into a full on ban?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Beet Wagon posted:

What... uh, what actually ended up happening to Tophat anyway? I remember him getting a probation from Derek, did it turn into a full on ban?

Yes, I believe he was. I don't think he came back after that.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

thatguy posted:

Oh.

Space Court.

Hey poo poo happens, I noticed a post from me earlier in 2015 asking Derek not to do what he does here, but on his own site instead. I understand why mods wouldn't like it here and that's all fine, I also suspect there's a lot of people on SA who don't like the regulars in the thread and even that's understandable. Derek is Derek, I think he's hilarious but then I laugh at myself too.

I'll probably be posting less here until we see how the recent changes play out, I'll still be reading though. Derek's got his forums going and I like talking to Citizens as they make me laugh and I expect he'll attract a few, I hope this is the end of having to explain myself.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

ManofManyAliases posted:

Sources, Backed down? For fucks sake, it's all made up. Derek POSSIBLY had one low-level guy who leaked some bullshit two years ago, but CIG found out and fired him (and two others connected). Outside of that, it's all a bunch of made up drivel by a failed game dev who tries ever so desperately to remain relevant and in the spotlight. And for what? The dude is in his 50s; he should loving finish already and live his life free and clear of this mess or anything related to space sims altogether. Who the gently caress cares when CIG will deliver a game? People who look at it as a failure won't buy-in and will move on. Others will buy and will either learn a lesson or get lucky. None of that should matter to someone like Derek Smart Phd (non accredited), with the knowledge to create massive and complex MMOs. The only reason why I think you guys tolerated him for 6000 pages was to trawl him this far for your entertainment. Poor sap never understood . . .

Shut the gently caress up, Toast.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Beet Wagon posted:

I think they got a 30-day from Derek (which might have been overturned), posted once or twice afterwards then just left.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

FAU made all the right decisions for the for the Star Citizen Thread; stamping down on doxxing-esque bullshit, being generous and giving Derek a regular ban instead of a perma so he can come back but he has to swallow his pride, putting cool people in charge and listening and not forcing that IK on us. All good things.

Also probate Marching Powder every time he whines about moderation because take that stupid bullshit to QCS and lol wait they don't give a poo poo about it there either so stop being a whiny baby Marching Powder and post something else you'll stop eating the probations that you richly deserve.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

I think toast is melting down because all the co-workers that still speak to him just tell him lies. He always seems happy to share these lies, thinking that this time he'll be seen as a sure source but in the end it just his colleagues having fun off him. He works there and have less reliable source than anyone insiderish in this thread. Being the less reliable here seems to pick his nerves hard.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

The Titanic posted:

Don't tell them, but I don't give a poo poo about them either. I hope they stay aboard and enjoy the dinner music as the musicians play their renditions of "Full Burn" while floating in space and clipping into a wall.

Rose could float to safety on a t-posed DiCaprio.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Zzr posted:

I think toast is melting down because all the co-workers that still speak to him just tell him lies. He always seems happy to share these lies, thinking that this time he'll be seen as a sure source but in the end it just his colleagues having fun off him. He works there and have less reliable source than anyone insiderish in this thread. Being the less reliable here seems to pick his nerves hard.

I think he probably broke his fancy belt and is just lashing out.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

D1E posted:

But that's one of his character flaws: Derek Smart is always right.

Yeah, that's one big flaw of the Warlord, the concept of a tactical retreat to gain a strategic advantage doesn't register.

It's all :commissar: all the time.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Fargin Icehole posted:

Why won't he just come back? So what if he got banned and lost his modding powers because he broke the rules and outed a 35 year old guy pretending to be a 14 year old naive nympho.

We already made fun of him before he got banned, what's the problem now?

He would probably blow up the first time he got a 6 hour probation from someone:airquote: for some bullshit.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Yeah after you went into his legal history and dragged out some poo poo out about a traffic violation and tried to be all puppet master about it.

I imagine the only reason you're still here is because no one reported that either, so don't throw shade on someone for something you did.

That's what I was referring to a while back, I didn't remember the details.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

holy poo poo, he's still alive and kicking melting down

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Branson reminds me of those born again christians that go all "I used to participate in satanic ritual sacrifice but then I found Jesus" to gain fame and acceptance in their community.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

:laffo: yes, that's the only problem with the animation...

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
FAU, if your hairbrush starts levitating, run.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

MeLKoR posted:

That's what I was referring to a while back, I didn't remember the details.

MoMA is like a scratch-ticket, except every time you remove the surface you just get "FUCKWIT" underneath and all that wins you is another ticket with exactly the same outcome when the surface gets scratched again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

for you, the day Derek Smart graced your forum was the most important day of your life. but for him, it was Tuesday

• Locked thread