Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I do see merits to the arguments about full-time job etc. Was Dean a full-time chair?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

"we don't want to remind people of the divisive primary fight"

*attempts to engineer divisive primary fight*

thanks obama

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Nonsense posted:

you can post wherever the gently caress you want

yeah but I was making fun of that one dude who keeps posting in the trump thread about how you shouldn't call people nazis. I post in both.

I think arguing about anything online with FB people is counterproductive cause people will never admit they're wrong. Back in the election I tried to get someone to understand that their news story about an email from hillary was not from hillary, it was from a random spammer to Podesta. the email was talking about immigration in germany and racist as poo poo and the 'from address' was from some random email, and they still wouldn't budge an inch.

you have to do the arguing in person and consistently.

I think the Dems should spend some money hiring cult deprogrammers or something!

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/keithellison/status/801248963986948096

Keith is Good

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

comingafteryouall posted:

yeah but I was making fun of that one dude who keeps posting in the trump thread about how you shouldn't call people nazis. I post in both.

I think arguing about anything online with FB people is counterproductive cause people will never admit they're wrong. Back in the election I tried to get someone to understand that their news story about an email from hillary was not from hillary, it was from a random spammer to Podesta. the email was talking about immigration in germany and racist as poo poo and the 'from address' was from some random email, and they still wouldn't budge an inch.

you have to do the arguing in person and consistently.

I think the Dems should spend some money hiring cult deprogrammers or something!

The cult of clinton is as strong as Reagan's, but not as idolatrous. Now that she's entered martyrdom, I don't see it going away, but maybe they'll just stay home.

Serf
May 5, 2011

the fact that the establishment Dems want to keep Ellison out is a pretty drat good sign that he should get the job

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?

Obama has failed to advance a pro labor agenda, so he and his legacy can go take hike.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS
According to this http://www.txed.uscourts.gov/page1.shtml?location=info:judge&judge=16 the following phone number is the court that federally appointed Texas judge, Judge Amos Mazzant.

(903) 893-7008

He is the guy who just put the kibosh injunction on the overtime for salaried workers rule which richly fucks over anyone salaried making less than 47k a year. The lower middle class who need that loving money. Just in time for the holidays too!

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

he's a made guy, keith

Suckthemonkey
Jun 18, 2003

This story makes me all the more excited about Ellison.

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Optimus Subprime posted:

Obama has failed to advance a pro labor agenda, so he and his legacy can go take hike.

:same:

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
What does the DNC Chair do exactly?

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer

punk rebel ecks posted:

Hard to tell, at this point.

comedy answer: Funnel funds to the Clinton Victory Fund and pick a crop of milquetoast opponents so their preferred ringer can knock them out by Super Tuesday.

real answer: The chair is s'posed to be the head co-ordinator for the party, making sure that candidates across all levels and locations receive support from the "head office" in order to win their races. There's also some responsibility to make sure the party remains not ideologically "pure" but at least cohesive. But given the past few chairs you'd never know.

Weltlich has issued a correction as of 04:02 on Nov 23, 2016

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

punk rebel ecks posted:

fundraises and at least has some input on where the party's money is spent, if not having the most input there.

also I guess you can try and rig the primary from the seat?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

punk rebel ecks posted:

rig elections, piss everyone off

Subjunctivitis
Oct 12, 2007
Causation or Correlation?

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

And uh *wipes brow* what will be the footwear dresscode for this project?

Can't tell.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Bad corporate dems have failed again and again to produce real wins in elections.

To use a football analogy would you keep the same head coach if he failed to produce good results each season?

Bad corporation friendly dems are demanding that they be allowed to block progressives in the DNC even though they have no vision and have produced bad results in the downticket races.

etalian has issued a correction as of 04:06 on Nov 23, 2016

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS
Dems should not be reaching out for rust belt low/middle class voters and their economic turmoil, because according to the absolute zero backlash that this salaried overtime rule injunction has generated, no one actually gives a poo poo about stuff that literally directly effects the pay of lower middle class workers.

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Captain Internet posted:

Dems should not be reaching out for rust belt low/middle class voters and their economic turmoil, because according to the absolute zero backlash that this salaried overtime rule injunction has generated, no one actually gives a poo poo about stuff that literally directly effects the pay of lower middle class workers.

Man, I sure know a bunch people on salary who are lower middle class!

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

Weltlich posted:

See any retail manager.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Weltlich posted:

Also corporation used the whole salary rule to rip off people in lower paying service jobs by not having to pay overtime.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

etalian posted:

Also corporation used the whole salary rule to rip off people in lower paying service jobs by not having to pay overtime.

See any retail manager.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Fidel Castronaut posted:

See any retail manager.

Yeah it was the gist of it since they would classify supervisors as exempt and therefore not have to pay any overtime.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

anime was right posted:

ur a mathematician, harry

lmao

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

Ace of Baes posted:

MSNBC should just give the keepin it 1600 dudes a prime time show.

MSNBC should hand over the reins of the network to Will Menaker

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

punk rebel ecks posted:

national fundraising, strategy and other big picture stuff

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS
They also added keyholer positions to eliminate the higher paying manager roles and made up the lost hours on the remaining managers with introductory pay that was much lower than it was previously under the guise that their positions required less work because they had more supervisors per employee than before.

snakeandbake
Aug 21, 2012

by exmarx

punk rebel ecks posted:

gets picked up angrily and then placed back down on the ground

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Captain Internet posted:

Part of it is confusion over how to present the backlash, probably. A federal judge nominated by President Obama has blocked the ruling. Can't blame it on Republicans, can't blame it on Trump. The best they can do is point out that Obama tried and failed to do some good.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

blue squares posted:

Part of it is confusion over how to present the backlash, probably. A federal judge nominated by President Obama has blocked the ruling. Can't blame it on Republicans, can't blame it on Trump. The best they can do is point out that Obama tried and failed to do some good.

his loving administration's epitaph

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS
You can blame it on the republican judge who put in the injunction, not on Obama for trying to reach over the aisle.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
I'm pretty that was the outcome Obama wanted.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
obama in his infinite wisdom tried to reach across the aisle and every time he did they slapped the back of his hand

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS
But luckily no one gives a poo poo, nothing matters, lol.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

Arghhhhhhh dems continue to be terrified of potentially becoming an actually-progressive party

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Polo-Rican posted:

Arghhhhhhh dems continue to be terrified of potentially becoming an actually-progressive party

The large amount of Est dems backing Ellison while Obama objects tells me that this is less about liberal versus leftists and more "I don't want to stop being in charge"

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

perez is the opponent I fear the most because he can talk the talk and his department of labor has been trying many creative rulings to help workers

but he's never really run an election campaign beyond the country level so that should be a huge liability

plus progressive Trojan horse for establishment factor as well

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?

https://twitter.com/OurRevolution/status/801274345670574081

Obama and his legacy are going to be so widely disputed in the future.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Raskolnikov38 posted:

peter daou is also a literal war criminal

I did not know this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

Optimus Subprime posted:

Obama and his legacy are going to be so widely disputed in the future.

That would be true except we'll probably be too busy machete-ing each other for freshwater to argue about past presidents

• Locked thread