Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Also, why is everyone in a clan called ADV?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

VolticSurge posted:

I've decided to bite the bullet and install this game. I have 2 questions:1.what's an optimum beginner build? 2.would it run on my 970? I don't care if it looks amazing,I just wanna know if I can run the game decently.

Save 220 credits for low-profile. Despite what people two pages back said the R-201 and CAR are really really good! Heck the worst weapons imo (R-97 and Cold War) are the very last things you unlock

Lakbay fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Nov 23, 2016

BinaryDoubts
Jun 6, 2013

Looking at it now, it really is disgusting. The flesh is transparent. From the start, I had no idea if it would even make a clapping sound. So I diligently reproduced everything about human hands, the bones, joints, and muscles, and then made them slap each other pretty hard.

Beastie posted:

Also, why is everyone in a clan called ADV?

It's just the default network. Every player gets put in it when they start so they'll have access to a happy hour, even if they don't want to seek out a real group.

Edit: the game runs beautifully on my 970, even at 2560x1440 with most settings on high. Only thing that can hit the framerate is when there's a lot of the dust clouds from droppods on screen.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Alright so you just started titanfall 2, and you're thinking, I'm getting all these creds, what should I get?!

I know, I know, you're eyeing that shotgun, and the smart pistol. WELL WAIT JUST ONE MINUTE MY FRIEND!

First off play video games, have fun and get what you wanna get. Now you want the dirt? Alright follow these steps to ensure you're unlocking quality first and foremost.

Do you like to help teammates and build titans incredibly quick? Get low profile asap, it may just as well be the best perk in the game.

Do you like to blow up titans and lay traps? Get satchels, they unlock late as hell but absolutely can decimate titans and pilots alike (set it up on the bank for a beaucoup bucks surprise).

You want to just be a pro and use the best tactical? Get phase shift, it is hands down the best (I DID NOT SAY MOST FUN!)

You want to run and gun like a dick? Well good news is you get stims super quick (lvl 3) so spend your money on the volt. Best smg in the game, the others are good too but the volt is hands down the best for people who never want to ads.

You want the best AT weapon? Well they all unlock pretty quick but the Thunderbolt is the best one, but they all have they're uses (don't use charge hack, its a gimmick bad pilots use!)

You want the best titan? Its pretty cheap you could pick up tone, they all unlock at low levels though.

You want to farm grunts and do nothing else in your life? Get the EPG and consider buying the smart pistol boost.

Congratulations pilot, you're now sperging your way to the top!

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Knifegrab posted:

(don't use charge hack, its a gimmick bad pilots use!)

it's also fun

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Charge Hack + A-Wall is very fun because you know it causes Titan pilots lots of stress.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

yo I got two BWW codes if anyone wants one (only if you've posted in this thread) reply and I'll pm

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
What's this business about networks and happy hours now? I thought everyone got their level up unlocks through "The Advocate" and that's how it worked?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

What's this business about networks and happy hours now? I thought everyone got their level up unlocks through "The Advocate" and that's how it worked?

network is like a clan, kind of. You can VOIP (hold right trigger on console) and there's a text chat on PC (Well console too but you have to use a website I think and yeah no one uses it). Anyone can make, join, or freely move around between a network. Each network can designate an hour in the day that is "happy hour," where you get 5 extra merit points if you're in that network and complete a match. It's not much really. Each network also has a 4 char network tag like [GOON] as part of your display name if you're actively in it.

Advocate is just the one everyone automatically joins when they start playing and I don't think you can leave it.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Assists give you gently caress all. I'm sick of MLG Joe stealing my kills. It should be majority damage not last hit.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Knifegrab posted:

First off play video games, have fun and get what you wanna get.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

each network has a happy hour, basically one preset hour each day where if you play a match during you get an extra 5 credits. the advocate network defaults to 7pm australian eastern standard time, not sure about anywhere else. the game will let you invite your network to a party, and i believe tries to give you more people from your network on your team anyway before picking randoms when doing matchmaking

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Anidav posted:

Assists give you gently caress all. I'm sick of MLG Joe stealing my kills. It should be majority damage not last hit.

it should still give you points towards your titan, and really stop trying to play for scoreboard and just play for fun instead, if youre getting assists youre contributing to your team winning. if youre worried about weapon unlocks im pretty sure assists give you points towards leveling your weapon too

Oryp
Jun 5, 2004

I just mass added everyone on Origin from the Gdoc. 110 invites sent! (Oryp42)

Oryp fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Nov 23, 2016

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

yo I got two BWW codes if anyone wants one (only if you've posted in this thread) reply and I'll pm

I'd love one, personally!

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

I wouldn't mind one

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

quite stretched out posted:

it should still give you points towards your titan, and really stop trying to play for scoreboard and just play for fun instead, if youre getting assists youre contributing to your team winning. if youre worried about weapon unlocks im pretty sure assists give you points towards leveling your weapon too

Just feels like the scoreboard is against misc. contributions. Also it pisses me off that I'm clever enough to pretty much kill a titan as a pilot only for it to get killed by someone else at the last second. The scoreboard just doesn't acknowledge as much as other FPS.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Anidav posted:

Just feels like the scoreboard is against misc. contributions. Also it pisses me off that I'm clever enough to pretty much kill a titan as a pilot only for it to get killed by someone else at the last second. The scoreboard just doesn't acknowledge as much as other FPS.

stop playing the fuckin' scoreboard my dude, your scoreboard position is only tangential to how much you actually contribute and has no direct impact on anything afaik unless theres some player card logo or something thats locked behind placing on the scoreboard

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

stop playing the fuckin' scoreboard my dude, your scoreboard position is only tangential to how much you actually contribute and has no direct impact on anything afaik unless theres some player card logo or something thats locked behind placing on the scoreboard

Actually, my score value is directly correlated to my sense of self worth

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

radintorov posted:

Why would you run it silenced instead of with the enhanced targeting? :psyduck:

In TF1? So I can run around with my grunt detector farming dudes without anyone getting the drop on me. Combined with the stealth kit and some ~sweet moves~, I'd regularly get the drop on other pilots.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
you should only care about kills because it lets you get your cool robot quicker or, if you are in your robot, your big rear end laser or missles or magic fire fists quicker

which is also why you should kill the ai

Frank Serpico
Aug 8, 2005

Oh man, it's total gridlock!!

Lemming posted:

Actually, my score value is directly correlated to my sense of self worth

Then you'd love to play with me...I'm pretty great at making everyone around me feel better about their scores.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

But I want to feel like an MVP :negative:

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
do a wallrun while shooting a man in the face and then jump on a robot and steal his battery and run for ur life then give that battery to a good robot and then call down your own robot and step on people

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

"wow would you look at that, someone is actually playing Northstar"
*observant pilot then gets one shot by a distant Tone*

Oryp
Jun 5, 2004

Apparently my 7870 cannot handle this game... I was planning on upgrading anyway, but drat.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

The Iron Rose posted:

I'd love one, personally!

Asmodai_00 posted:

I wouldn't mind one

sent

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

I've played a lot of ton, had a lot of fun with it; but then switched to Ion right after seeing a match of 5 enemy Tones all turtling with the shield they get. That poo poo isn't fun.

Maybe tone could stand to get a mobility nerf, give it no dash like Scorch or something.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Night Blade posted:

Maybe tone could stand to get a mobility nerf, give it no dash like Scorch or something.
With Scorch as my most played titan, I really don't like the idea of titans losing dashes. Being forced to use the dash kit isn't fun. Give every titan +1 dash and turn dash kit into +50% dash regen speed like TF1 or something.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
I think maybe even just swapping tone and northstar's "defensive" ability might go a long way towards shaking things out. it would require tone to do something other than countersnipe when she comes up against a northstar, for starters :v:

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"

Oryp posted:

I just mass added everyone on Origin from the Gdoc. 110 invites sent! (Oryp42)

You're the second person to say this recently, but I don't see where on Origin incoming friend requests go. And I didn't seem to get a notification from either of them. I'm pretty sure I'm on the doc, and I don't think I've done anything to make random goons hate me, so I think Origin might be really obtuse and you might have to both add each other. I don't even seem to have a couple of people that I added from my TF1 days anymore, my friend list is 0.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Its a little absurd that Northstar is a sniper titan when every titan is already a sniper

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
if you click on the friends thing in the origin main window where you would go to open a chat window with a friend the requests should be up the top of the thing that pops up

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"

if you click on the friends thing in the origin main window where you would go to open a chat window with a friend the requests should be up the top of the thing that pops up

Cool found it, thanks.

On an unrelated note before I go to bed, does anyone with a twitter account or something want to ask respawn if they plan on making the first person titan entering animations, as well as the various executions available for purchase? Because I'd spend money for that.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

ninjahedgehog posted:

:yeah:

I wonder how hard they had to fight EA for this.

Respawn is cool and I'm going to buy some stuff even though idgaf about skins.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Is there any way to upgrade to digital deluxe or would it be a full repurchase? The former I'd do, the latter is a bit pricey.

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010

Condoleezza Nice! posted:

Most

people

suck

and are

garbage
Yeah I guess

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

zolthorg posted:

Its a little absurd that Northstar is a sniper titan when every titan is already a sniper

Honestly, the radar thing belongs on Northstar more than it does on Tone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

I wish Northstar had any of the kit I used to run with the railgun in the first game. Particle wall, multi target missiles or damage core would be awesome. Flight core makes zero sense, I really wish it was more like the amped railgun with a quick or even instant charge up.