Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.
marching powder join the discord, we need your tedious whining wherever we go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

Marching Powder posted:

Hi Beet me again. I really encourage not reading this thread. I personally not read a lot of it. But honestly as a moderator I think you should be required to read and comprehend something before you start mashing your moderator buttons. So when you see my avatar in future, do the responsible thing and try and comprehend 'whatever the hell that was' or else you'll find yourself spazzing out and looking like a thin-skinned bitch having to make posts like the one I quoted defending your actions. Lol.

Excellent AV Post Combo

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

What's with the arms. Mocap should have been their flagship with half of the money put in it. But it's still trash.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
Marching Powder is a smart, discerning poster. He does not want poo poo, but instead wants facts and realities. He's grown jaded and bored of the same stream of piss people need to drink from to get by. He wants posts to nail something or somebody down and then move on, or stop until the next genuinely interesting thing happens.

The majority of posters though don't mind rehashing the same tired tropes, the same Sandi-devil, Ben-fat, Chris-incompetent, CIG-broken comments over and over. When a new anything happens, or some idiot in Reddit says something funny, we can have a good several posts about it. Marching Powder doesn't care.

When a new backer appears, Marching Powder groans in disgust because he knows he's going to see at least 5 pages of financial assistance posts, to somebody he knows already isn't going to listen. He just wants to cut out everything between A-Z so it's just AZ (sorry if you're in Arizona, not trying to doxx anybody!).

Marching Powder is sick of your poo poo, and the dogs, and the unrelated content and bunnies. He wants the straight Star Citizen poo poo, and if there is none, just shut up and say nothing so he doesn't need to wade through 10 pages of dumb poo poo to find that Chris Roberts said something stupid on stream; which is genuine news he wants to see ASAP, without the derailment.

Unfortunately though, the thread here has grown into an SA "community". Regulars talk smack and derailment happens. It's just how it goes. Maybe Marching Powder can start a new thread he can control, like "Star Citizen: Straight Dope, gently caress your derails".

Of course, everybody would descend into it and post recipes and bunnies and dogs. :3:

I think the answer is simple: Only post about what is relevant and don't talk about things that don't interest you. Sort of like browsing a catalog. Skip over the slippers and robes and get to the shoes and boots (unless slippers and robes is what you are after, then reverse it!).

But ultimately, stop being an rear end to the mods. It's a bit silly, and trying to victimize yourself is exactly the opposite of the intelligent and discerning poster you want to be.

Feel the calm, smile, know that being chill is easy, and just come for what you want without trying to push over the new institution. :shobon:

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Raskolnikov posted:

Regarding: Mods/Derek: Do non-spregs even care? It's stupid to care.

https://giant.gfycat.com/UnacceptablePoliticalAfricancivet.mp4

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

The Titanic posted:

Marching Powder is a smart, discerning poster. He does not want poo poo, but instead wants facts and realities. He's grown jaded and bored of the same stream of piss people need to drink from to get by. He wants posts to nail something or somebody down and then move on, or stop until the next genuinely interesting thing happens.

The majority of posters though don't mind rehashing the same tired tropes, the same Sandi-devil, Ben-fat, Chris-incompetent, CIG-broken comments over and over. When a new anything happens, or some idiot in Reddit says something funny, we can have a good several posts about it. Marching Powder doesn't care.

When a new backer appears, Marching Powder groans in disgust because he knows he's going to see at least 5 pages of financial assistance posts, to somebody he knows already isn't going to listen. He just wants to cut out everything between A-Z so it's just AZ (sorry if you're in Arizona, not trying to doxx anybody!).

Marching Powder is sick of your poo poo, and the dogs, and the unrelated content and bunnies. He wants the straight Star Citizen poo poo, and if there is none, just shut up and say nothing so he doesn't need to wade through 10 pages of dumb poo poo to find that Chris Roberts said something stupid on stream; which is genuine news he wants to see ASAP, without the derailment.

Unfortunately though, the thread here has grown into an SA "community". Regulars talk smack and derailment happens. It's just how it goes. Maybe Marching Powder can start a new thread he can control, like "Star Citizen: Straight Dope, gently caress your derails".

Of course, everybody would descend into it and post recipes and bunnies and dogs. :3:

I think the answer is simple: Only post about what is relevant and don't talk about things that don't interest you. Sort of like browsing a catalog. Skip over the slippers and robes and get to the shoes and boots (unless slippers and robes is what you are after, then reverse it!).

But ultimately, stop being an rear end to the mods. It's a bit silly, and trying to victimize yourself is exactly the opposite of the intelligent and discerning poster you want to be.

Feel the calm, smile, know that being chill is easy, and just come for what you want without trying to push over the new institution. :shobon:

This is why I nominated The Titanic to be a mod when FAU asked for input. She's like the exact opposite of Derek Smart.

Hopefully MP will be able to listen to reason.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

orcinus posted:

You can.
App looks and behaves exactly the same on all platforms (including desktops).

I'll look into it then. :)

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

no_recall posted:

I'm in the opinion the thread won't recover, but we'll always get to reminisce about the glory days of wageslave plebscrubs, solar plebian, cattes and the thread being a CIG executive action. Lol.

The good ol days when I made a solar plebian playthrough on youtube and labelled it and talked about it like it was star citizens new patch. As if a million voices cried out at once..

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

D1E posted:

This is why I nominated The Titanic to be a mod when FAU asked for input. She's like the exact opposite of Derek Smart.

Hopefully MP will be able to listen to reason.

I have a feeling he will flay me alive, and show me how my bones feel when they are deskeletonized. :)

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Zzr posted:

What's with the arms. Mocap should have been their flagship with half of the money put in it. But it's still trash.

See, if you take a piece of paper, and cover him from the neck down, he suddenly becomes completely realistic and lifelike! Try it!

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
I just don't understand why people like Marching and Google Butt cry about "thread memes" but not about the people who come in and spam the same poo poo all the time.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

The Titanic posted:

Marching Powder is a smart, discerning poster. He does not want poo poo, but instead wants facts and realities. He's grown jaded and bored of the same stream of piss people need to drink from to get by. He wants posts to nail something or somebody down and then move on, or stop until the next genuinely interesting thing happens. The majority of posters though don't mind rehashing the same tired tropes, the same Sandi-devil, Ben-fat, Chris-incompetent, CIG-broken comments over and over. When a new anything happens, or some idiot in Reddit says something funny, we can have a good several posts about it. Marching Powder doesn't care. When a new backer appears, Marching Powder groans in disgust because he knows he's going to see at least 5 pages of financial assistance posts, to somebody he knows already isn't going to listen. He just wants to cut out everything between A-Z so it's just AZ (sorry if you're in Arizona, not trying to doxx anybody!).

Marching Powder is sick of your poo poo, and the dogs, and the unrelated content and bunnies. He wants the straight Star Citizen poo poo, and if there is none, just shut up and say nothing so he doesn't need to wade through 10 pages of dumb poo poo to find that Chris Roberts said something stupid on stream; which is genuine news he wants to see ASAP, without the derailment. Unfortunately though, the thread here has grown into an SA "community". Regulars talk smack and derailment happens. It's just how it goes. Maybe Marching Powder can start a new thread he can control, like "Star Citizen: Straight Dope, gently caress your derails". Of course, everybody would descend into it and post recipes and bunnies and dogs. :3:

I think the answer is simple: Only post about what is relevant and don't talk about things that don't interest you. Sort of like browsing a catalog. Skip over the slippers and robes and get to the shoes and boots (unless slippers and robes is what you are after, then reverse it!). But ultimately, stop being an rear end to the mods. It's a bit silly, and trying to victimize yourself is exactly the opposite of the intelligent and discerning poster you want to be. Feel the calm, smile, know that being chill is easy, and just come for what you want without trying to push over the new institution. :shobon:

fixed this but ya

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

thatguy posted:

I just don't understand why people like Marching and Google Butt cry about "thread memes" but not about the people who come in and spam the same poo poo all the time.

give me an example

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

orcinus posted:

See, if you take a piece of paper, and cover him from the neck down, he suddenly becomes completely realistic and lifelike! Try it!

If you keep spreading this FUD, eventually you realize people will come to the ultimate conclusion that if they cover the WHOLE SCREEN with paper, it looks awesome. This line of thought is going to lead to the panic-death of Chris Roberts. Hiding the vision is like adding a "Skip Cutscene" button. Neither can exist in this movie. :ohdear:

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
MP is right 3/4 of the time.
The other 1/4 is his shtick.

All of it's funny.

The only people bothered by him are those that don't get it's all just hilarious poo poo, even when it isn't.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

thatguy posted:

For the same reason that hating Clinton doesn't automatically mean you like Trump.
Not everything is a zero sum.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

The Titanic posted:

If you keep spreading this FUD, eventually you realize people will come to the ultimate conclusion that if they cover the WHOLE SCREEN with paper, it looks awesome. This line of thought is going to lead to the panic-death of Chris Roberts. Hiding the vision is like adding a "Skip Cutscene" button. Neither can exist in this movie. :ohdear:

I wonder if Chris would be capable of actually adding a "Skip Gameplay" button.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

orcinus posted:

Star Citizen: Very realistic if you can't see it.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

I'm the right knee twitch at 22 seconds in.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Kosumo posted:

I'm the right knee twitch at 22 seconds in.

I'm the 20 odd npc's in the background all going through the exact same animation pattern, either walking or standing there looking

Well except the one npc crouching down for some reason

Are all their latest commercials this bad?

I guess this is what Sandi had in mind by 'going wider', she is just going to flood all channels with ship sales ad's 24/7

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Sappo569 posted:

I'm the 20 odd npc's in the background all going through the exact same animation pattern, either walking or standing there looking

Well except the one npc crouching down for some reason

so much of life is walking, standing there looking or crouching down

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

orcinus posted:

He already did. It's called "Star Citizen". :shobon:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

alf_pogs posted:

so much of life is walking, standing there looking or crouching down

*20 commandos all swaying in the nonexistent breeze through exactly the same idle animation*

"Life is a beautiful and complex thing, and somehow Chris Roberts managed to perfectly simulate it in his digital world!"

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
After waiting for about a year and a almost a half for the Grand Tour premiere, and really liking it, having Star Citizen try to do the exact same poo poo a few days after the premiere really pisses me off.

It pisses me off because they think they are being clever, but it looks like shameless advertising, for a game that does not exist.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Decided to watch it. It is creepy and the guy moves creepy. The mouth looks like morph targets between basic sounds. Not even in the same realm as Squaresoft 15 years ago. :(

CIG better think about their realism fetish... it ain't happening here.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Fargin Icehole posted:

shameless advertising, for a game that does not exist.

I think this is pretty much it. If they can get into another wallet, that's all they care about. These videos could be, say, exciting gameplay. But no, they are attempting to market and sell ships because the only sustainable revenue is selling more promises of ships that may eventually be in the PU for people to be disappointed in.

BinaryDoubts
Jun 6, 2013

Looking at it now, it really is disgusting. The flesh is transparent. From the start, I had no idea if it would even make a clapping sound. So I diligently reproduced everything about human hands, the bones, joints, and muscles, and then made them slap each other pretty hard.
Maybe the saddest thing about this game is that you can really tell Chris Roberts knows it needs to be better, but lacks the talent or leadership to make it happen. Like, he knows what good sci-fi looks like (which is why he shamelessly rips it off), he knows what good games look like (which is why COD and BF1 are constantly mentioned as comparisons), but he just doesn't have it in him to produce something genuinely good on its own merits. No matter how hard he tries to micromanage his team, they never produce something that's up to his standards, because it all ultimately came from him. Star Citizen is the story of one man trapped in a mocap hell of his own creation, treading water by fleecing nerds, and forever attempting to make his lovely ideas good.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

BinaryDoubts posted:

Maybe the saddest thing about this game is that you can really tell Chris Roberts knows it needs to be better, but lacks the talent or leadership to make it happen. Like, he knows what good sci-fi looks like (which is why he shamelessly rips it off), he knows what good games look like (which is why COD and BF1 are constantly mentioned as comparisons), but he just doesn't have it in him to produce something genuinely good on its own merits. No matter how hard he tries to micromanage his team, they never produce something that's up to his standards, because it all ultimately came from him. Star Citizen is the story of one man trapped in a mocap hell of his own creation, treading water by fleecing nerds, and forever attempting to make his lovely ideas good.

this will be the saddest thing until all the suicides

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Google Butt posted:

fixed this but ya

Jesus why'd you make the text all run together like that now it's unreadable

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
In the livestream they were rebooting the server for each one of the Star Marine sessions they were playing (and also they did this in the boring "pre-show", but I forget why).

Maybe they were being paranoid, or maybe there are huge memory leaks and hosed up garbage collection / resources management in their code.

Their alpha code is like a Jenga Tower after the last brick is pulled and it's wobbling, seconds before it comes crashing down.

I wonder for much longer they'll keep hiding behind the "alpha" tags.

The whales seem to still support it, or ignore it, so what do I know.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

The Titanic posted:

What is wrong with you? This is about me and I'm not reading that.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMuO-8S_0Wg

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
That anvil dud'es mouth looks like an anus. I've been away, has CIG become a CGI anus company?

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Charles Get-Out posted:

That anvil dud'es mouth looks like an anus. I've been away, has CIG become a CGI anus company?

Colorectal Intestinal Games

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

TheAgent posted:

I mentioned it before, it shouldn't surprise anyone

2.5 is a "substantial release" according to CIG and they are paying certain employees goal oriented bonuses already from its success

lol that they consider any alpha release, let alone that broken piece of gosa, as "bonus' worthy. Methinks they're desperate to hold on to anyone they can, lest the skeletons rattle too loudly.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Ghostlight posted:

MP is just trying to improve you idiots.

What, is he new or something? He should know better.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
can i do all the things promised in the videos from the past few months yet

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Bushiz posted:

Yes, as long as it's in a game not called Star Citizen.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Bushiz posted:

Yes, it's all in the game already, you're playing it right now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

The Titanic posted:

:golfclap:

• Locked thread