Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t039p6xqutU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

A.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities
B

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

Chelb posted:

cormorants, probably double crested but not gonna look it up

yellow rumped warbler im guessing by the little yellow stripe
black bellied whistling ducks and a white ibis

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

Rodatose posted:

black bellied whistling ducks and a white ibis

cool thanks

i asked the birding thread too and all y'all seem to match up

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!
im surprised ducks will just let ibises and great egrets just chill with 'em

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.
Cool pictures!

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

Sleeping in later than you wanted to is loving bullshit for assholes, I hate it!!!!!!!

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
the more birds there are around you, the less chance a predator picks you off individually

plus a lot of waterbirds mate in pretty much the same environments near each other. like in particular for north america, lots of them (especially ducks) mingle toghether in the 'prairie potholes' of the upper great plains states

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
my father's whole russian language class at university failed, including him and several actual native speakers, and in the end he alone got a token credit because he failed the least badly and the university marking system demands that you pass at least one student

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos

Hollismason posted:

State finally agreed to send aid that they were suppose to send this quarter to bad I already had to take out a loan to cover it

Decided to say gently caress everything and apply for this Masters Program in Disability Organization and Studies

isnt this what grouchio is gonna do after undergrad?

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos

Avshalom posted:

my father's whole russian language class at university failed, including him and several actual native speakers, and in the end he alone got a token credit because he failed the least badly and the university marking system demands that you pass at least one student

a lot of native speakers or speakers of slavic languages are failing my russian class too

this serb kid keeps using just speaking serbian and hoping the prof doesnt notice

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos
a lot of native speakers also seem to be able to speak fluently but when it comes to spelling are horrific

strange seeing as russian is almost phonetic

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
who the gently caress are these clown refs at the maui invitational

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Randler posted:

Nah, I think he's going for an "All Americans are nationalists, so why single out the white ones." woke-strafe.

they don't see nationalism as a bad thing, no. it's barely any stronger than "alt right"

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

rear end struggle posted:

a lot of native speakers also seem to be able to speak fluently but when it comes to spelling are horrific

strange seeing as russian is almost phonetic

Unstressed vowels are impossible imo, speaking as a non native speaker anyway

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing like a good day of hard exercise and cooking for friends, to boost the mental health my friends

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
try drinking in the dark while listening to blues records instead

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

Maybe on Thanksgiving

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

isnt this what grouchio is gonna do after undergrad?

I don't know what that means. I got I figure a little more than a year I figure before Health Insurance goes to hell so I started researching grad schools in Countries with socialized medicine. I found that Denmark has price controls and provides healthcare to international students has several grants I am applying for and a degree program that I like.

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos
grouchio is trying to make his autism a career

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos

Swan Oat posted:

Unstressed vowels are impossible imo, speaking as a non native speaker anyway

true, though i am as a rule much better at writing than speaking.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

grouchio is trying to make his autism a career

i wonder if he'll keep asking d&d to do his work for him after he graduates

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

hello new thread

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Should I go with my parents to visit my grandma? Leave Friday and come back sometime Sunday. There isn't poo poo to do in Ohio but then again there isn't poo poo to do in Morgantown on break either sooooo

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
https://twitter.com/NZParliament/status/801160085435101184

uh huh

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Should I go with my parents to visit my grandma? Leave Friday and come back sometime Sunday. There isn't poo poo to do in Ohio but then again there isn't poo poo to do in Morgantown on break either sooooo

do you like your grandma? is she healthy and/or relatively young for a granny? these are the considerations. but probably you should go, old people appreciate seeing their grandkdis.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
https://twitter.com/guardian/status/800966830718390272
it can't fail

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Swan Oat posted:

do you like your grandma? is she healthy and/or relatively young for a granny? these are the considerations. but probably you should go, old people appreciate seeing their grandkdis.

She's getting ready to move from Ohio to a community in Virginia. It's sort of this pick what you want assisted living place. You live in an apartment and are free to do as much or as little as you want. Like, you can cook or not, do your own laundry or not, drive or not. It's actually a pretty neat place. I think I'm gonna go since she's really getting up there in age. She's also selling the house so my parents are going up to help her sort through paperwork, like grandpa saved every tax return they've ever done and poo poo. I guess I could probably be useful moving boxes and poo poo.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
my family are doing a christmas this year (we're mixed) it's my first christmas in like 8 years and i'm looking forward to it especially because we've agreed that everyone bring foodstuffs instead of presents

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

Arrgytehpirate posted:

She's getting ready to move from Ohio to a community in Virginia. It's sort of this pick what you want assisted living place. You live in an apartment and are free to do as much or as little as you want. Like, you can cook or not, do your own laundry or not, drive or not. It's actually a pretty neat place. I think I'm gonna go since she's really getting up there in age. She's also selling the house so my parents are going up to help her sort through paperwork, like grandpa saved every tax return they've ever done and poo poo. I guess I could probably be useful moving boxes and poo poo.

she'll probably like this and you'll probably be glad you did it :)

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

all this talk of mad dog mattis is making me think of this amazing kurt schlichter jam from last year http://ijr.com/opinion/2015/11/250238-what-defeating-isis-would-look-like/

quote:

The Americans published daily body counts. This horrified liberals, but delighted the American people, who for too long had had no good news nor any way to measure success. And the Americans took few prisoners. Most of those they captured they handed off to the Iraqis; the lucky ones were shot quickly. The President had accepted the finding of the Department of Justice that all ISIS fighters were unlawful combatants not subject to Geneva Convention protections. They were like pirates of old, and piracy was stamped out only when governments began hanging them. So when American forces caught a band of ISIS fighters who had beheaded two captured American pilots, they were tried by a Marine court martial – the videotape they had unwisely made documenting their atrocity being the main evidence – and were shot by firing squad the next morning. The media was horrified when the President told a press conference, “If you murder Americans, you will die. Period.” His popularity rose to 70%.

It had been critical for ISIS to maintain its caliphate, a physical nation state-like territory where it could govern, where it could plan and train, and where the fools and psychopaths who bought into its sick philosophy could gather. The Wildman understood this, and he set out to ruthlessly dismember the Islamic State, to kill its members, and to demonstrate to a Middle East that doubted American power and resolve under the feckless Barack Obama that America was still the proverbial strong horse. There would be no half-measures, no ambiguous ending. America would crush ISIS; there could be no other outcome.

When the war ended after two months, the President’s popularity was 80% and the final body count was 26,763 ISIS fighters dead. The Islamic State was just a terrible memory. Iran, North Korea, Russia and China all saw and understood that they would need to govern themselves accordingly in the face of a post-Obama America. And it would be years before any terrorist group dared again threaten the United States.

hahahahaha

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Swan Oat posted:

all this talk of mad dog mattis is making me think of this amazing kurt schlichter jam from last year http://ijr.com/opinion/2015/11/250238-what-defeating-isis-would-look-like/

hahahahaha

[this is what republicans actually believe]

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
its kind of distressing that isis will most likely be totally owned sometime in 2017 and trump will get all the credit

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
obama is a mensch

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
arik was also a mensch

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
all i want is a mensch