Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Bolton Hairy-Bore posted:

http://www.lionsroar.com/buddhist-teachers-respond-to-news-of-trumps-presidential-win/

i was surprised to read this compilation of buddhist reactions. turns out many buddhists are just as emotionally nauseous as the rest of us! they just, like, accept the fellings or something

well yeah buddhists aren't robots :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/801341464554991616

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

Baloogan posted:

lol have u even watched eva multiple times

yes and hopefully many more times to come

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
The only people who are disowning Trump over not locking Hillary up are the people who use "#pizzagate" with a serious face. That's a small percentage of his base. Most people are like "Ah, how merciful dear leader is."

Bolton Hairy-Bore
Jul 31, 2013

Karl Sharks posted:

well yeah buddhists aren't robots :v:

yah i guess that makes obvious sense. it's just nice to know my bad feelings are shared among many. my feelings feel so personal, but yet they're collective...

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Fidel Castronaut posted:

The only people who are disowning Trump over not locking Hillary up are the people who use "#pizzagate" with a serious face. That's a small percentage of his base. Most people are like "Ah, how merciful dear leader is."

those people are the loudest tho

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Haha Brooke Baldwin got mad at some white guy for saying that Jeff Sessions used the n-word because the white guy said the actual word. Like, we aren't mad that the guy that uses that word has been picked by Trump to be AG, we're mad that a guy quoted Sessions. Perhaps nothing really does matter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxEKcKlwn7E

I think the best part is the Breitbart article on this where they censor all them naughty epithets: http://www.breitbart.com/video/2016/11/22/cnn-leftist-charles-kaiser-uses-n-word-live-on-air-makes-anchor-cry/

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

blamegame posted:

yes and hopefully many more times to come

:hai:

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Atrocious Joe posted:

Just embrace communism comrade

It would certainly solve the problem of being constrained by reality.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
https://twitter.com/SarahKSilverman/status/801339442732662784

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

The first part of that response is better by far:

quote:

Today, after the 2016 elections in the U.S., we are living out the example of what happens when what goes unacknowledged surfaces and it feels like a new reality but you know in your heart it is not. To suffer based on expectations is to live haunted and hunted. But we are fortunate. There could be no other answer to our meditation and prayers in dissolving hatred than to be placed front and center with it and be exposed. When a shift in a system has occurred, especially one that causes fear and discomfort, it allows for something strikingly different to appear, furthering our evolution as people. We can only know where we are going when we get there.

:catstare: I mean, I know what it's supposed to mean (the world isn't perfect and you're just setting yourself up to worry and be let down if you carry preconceptions around with you, you can't ever defeat hatred without confronting it and you can't confront it unless it has a chance to raise its head, as it has now) but the phrasing just seems bleak as hell.

Bolton Hairy-Bore
Jul 31, 2013

Bolton Hairy-Bore posted:

yah i guess that makes obvious sense. it's just nice to know my bad feelings are shared among many. my feelings feel so personal, but yet they're collective...

hmmm been thinking for a few minutes here... maybe i'm a part of you. maybe we're all part of one big mind.

maybe it was a mistake to remove the burning ember from the fire's warmth...

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

FAUXTON posted:

https://twitter.com/AP/status/801266184838647808

well no poo poo you're the drat reincarnated buddha and strive through a near unending cycle of death and rebirth until you shed your corporeal form one last time and achieve nirvana. Of course you don't worry about trump.

He has also specifically said this is his last go round because gently caress China.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

GobiasIndustries posted:

Fun Fact: Hugo Boss designed the Nazi Uniforms. Fashionable AF.

*) fact check: he never did

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

skaboomizzy posted:

lol the internet neo-Nazis get to feel the exact betrayal the "moral majority" felt during the Bush admin

that factory in your shithole town isn't ever opening up again

that wall isn't getting built

Hillary isn't going to jail

What are you assholes gonna do in 2020?

say they don't believe it's true, that it was the (((globalists))) and the (((democrats))) and the (((cuckservatives))) and claim that if we just went down idiot road it'd be fine. then vote straight ticket R again like loving idiots.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

this is what trump supporters actually believe

Bolton Hairy-Bore
Jul 31, 2013

FAUXTON posted:

The first part of that response is better by far:

:catstare: I mean, I know what it's supposed to mean (the world isn't perfect and you're just setting yourself up to worry and be let down if you carry preconceptions around with you, you can't ever defeat hatred without confronting it and you can't confront it unless it has a chance to raise its head, as it has now) but the phrasing just seems bleak as hell.

yeah that response is great. but i agree it's bleak. i think "fortunate" is a strong word to use for the coming catastrophe, and the fact that it delineate sides of the civil war is a slim silver lining

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

Teikanmi posted:

they're right

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
space = population

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Teikanmi posted:

Outside of Maricopa County, does anyone loving live in any of those other places?

Edit: New Mexico is the best. It's basically "Places People Live" and "Shithole rural dumps with 500 people tops (Not Reservations)".

KiteAuraan fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Nov 23, 2016

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Teikanmi posted:

hmmm, this checks out, i've run the calculations and that is indeed america

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
lol donald trump won and the salt mines are rich

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
I like how that map basically passes as a population density map.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Baloogan posted:

Illegals are taking our jobs at the salt mine because they'll work for far less than my white skin demands

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

I like how that map basically passes as a population density map.

shhhhhh

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
GUESS WHAT LIBERALS

THAT'S RIGHT

Bolton Hairy-Bore
Jul 31, 2013
wow, the star of The Celebrity Apprentice, United States chose to elect, President, unbelievable

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

maybe i've been on the internet too long but i've seen those maps since like 2000 and its just not an interesting thing anymore. actually this one is a lot bluer than the one from loving 2004

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

gaul is sending us the worst celts, the absolute worst

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Maybe I should seek Buddhism

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
*crooked hillary won the pop vote by 2 million*
*internet idiots posting jokes about population density mattering*

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
*electoral landslide for trump*

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

Baloogan posted:

it is funny and rad as hell

57 days from inauguration still

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
*penetrated the 'blue firewall' of guys the dems thought they had duped permanently*

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
America is not a democracy.

It's an oligarchy.

THAT'S RIGHT ... EVERYONE

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
*americans thinking clearly for once*
*internet atheists and internet communists upset like usual*
*anime enthusiasts ecstatic*

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRBPS3o_IvU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Baloogan posted:

*americans thinking clearly for once*
*internet atheists and internet communists upset like usual*
*anime enthusiasts ecstatic*

Internet atheists and anime enthusiasts form a Venn Diagram thats essentially just a circle.

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

Vox Nihili posted:

Internet atheists and anime enthusiasts form a Venn Diagram thats essentially just a circle.

they're out there. basically every religious person i know under like 27 likes anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Baloogan posted:

*penetrated the 'blue firewall' of guys the dems thought they had duped permanently*

*Sends coded message into past* "Hillary, please note that Trump is extremely good at duping rubes, yokels, & hicks--beware!" *Clinton manages to lose even harder thru sheer weight of incompetence*

• Locked thread