Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Cojawfee posted:

Are you Dan Ryckert?

Nah, he's Mario Speedwagon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

Cojawfee posted:

Are you Dan Ryckert?

Not sure what VideoGames did to deserve such an insult.

WiiFitForWindows8
Oct 14, 2013
Does anyone else here kind of hope that Nintendo adopts a trophy system? Call it badges or stickers or whatever. I just want people to know about the crazy poo poo I can do in Nintendo games when I'm dead.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

WiiFitForWindows8 posted:

Does anyone else here kind of hope that Nintendo adopts a trophy system? Call it badges or stickers or whatever. I just want people to know about the crazy poo poo I can do in Nintendo games when I'm dead.

This guy touched 3,429 boobies in anime boob adventure 7. Holy poo poo.

SenseLess
May 4, 2007

Lego City Undercover (originally a WiiU exclusive) was officially announced for the Switch (also coming to PS4/Xbox One)

https://twitter.com/LEGO_Group/status/801078089417687040

I played it on the WiiU, it`s not a bad game if you like LEGO games. The compuper joke is quite terrible though....

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

SenseLess posted:

Lego City Undercover (originally a WiiU exclusive) was officially announced for the Switch (also coming to PS4/Xbox One)

https://twitter.com/LEGO_Group/status/801078089417687040

I played it on the WiiU, it`s not a bad game if you like LEGO games. The compuper joke is quite terrible though....

I hope this means it might get a sequel :pray:.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I hope it means they get rid of the awful loading times.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Sakurazuka posted:

I hope it means they get rid of the awful loading times.

They'd have to do some serious recoding of the entire game for that, not just the usual port stuff, because the load times are due to the game loading the entire goddamn overworld map in one sitting. It's certainly doable, but not something guaranteed.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The new versions are going to be loading from either a HD or a Switch cart which should improve them by nature but who knows.

SenseLess
May 4, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I hope this means it might get a sequel :pray:.

Do you own LEGO Dimensions? There will be new LCU content for that if i remember correctly.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

SenseLess posted:

Do you own LEGO Dimensions? There will be new LCU content for that if i remember correctly.

Did they unfuck the Wii U version yet?

SenseLess
May 4, 2007

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Did they unfuck the Wii U version yet?

Don't know, i have it on PS4. What was hosed about the WiiU version?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Soul Glo posted:

Nah, he's Mario Speedwagon

That would be an awesome username!

And nope, I am not Dan Ryckert. He probably gets paid to play videogames. I don't have that luxury.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

SenseLess posted:

Don't know, i have it on PS4. What was hosed about the WiiU version?

It's locked in four player splitscreen.

SenseLess
May 4, 2007

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Solution: Buy a bigger tv.

But seriously, i just searched a bit and while i don't know if the problem was ever fixed i at least found this workaround, maybe it helps:

Workaround posted:

Please note that this workaround is for single player: - Drop in the second player - Load into a level - Pause and highlight the splitscreen option - Back out of the options menu - At this point the game should have righted itself. - Have the second player drop out of the game. - Once done please complete anything in the game that would trigger the Auto Save (i.e Completing a level, collecting a Gold Brick, completing an event, etc). - As soon as the game has completed the Auto Save, exit Lego Dimensions, and then restart the game. - The next time the game loads, you should be able to play normally.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

The problem with that one is that Lego Dimensions is something I play with my girlfriend.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

How did they not patch something like this?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

s.i.r.e. posted:

When sex doesn't really fit into the theme of things; imagine Princess Peach having massive loving tits just for the sake of having them in the next Mario game. Or how Samus has been getting progressively more busty since Metroid Prime 2.

To be entirely fair if Peach in the next Mario game just comes in with a huge rack and absolutely no one bats an eye in-game I would laugh my rear end off. Like she spent her entire kingdom's budget on plastic surgery instead of new palace guards so she doesn't keep getting kidnapped.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

evilmiera posted:

To be entirely fair if Peach in the next Mario game just comes in with a huge rack and absolutely no one bats an eye in-game I would laugh my rear end off. Like she spent her entire kingdom's budget on plastic surgery instead of new palace guards so she doesn't keep getting kidnapped.
Rude. Nobody would bat an eye or say anything because everybody has good manners and Mario is a gentleman and he wouldn't mention anything especially to a princess.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

VideoGames posted:

That would be an awesome username!

And nope, I am not Dan Ryckert. He probably gets paid to play videogames. I don't have that luxury.

that's dan's username here

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

evilmiera posted:

You can get good plastic surgery for affordable prices these days. Gimme your digits, I'll hook u up with a doctor I know.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Just two Toads stuffed down the front of her dress.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Palpek posted:

How did they not patch something like this?

They saw that I was spending too much money on Lego Dimensions and decided to help.

SenseLess
May 4, 2007

Rumored Switch Zelda BotW release date: 06/16/17, WiiU version one week later (how sinister....)

Source: https://mobile.twitter.com/LaurakBuzz/status/801370512379224065

SenseLess fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Nov 23, 2016

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

SenseLess posted:

Rumored Switch Zelda BotW release date: 06/16/17, WiiU Version one week later (how sinister....)

Source: https://mobile.twitter.com/LaurakBuzz/status/801370512379224065

Why on earth would they launch the version for their new fancy console a week sooner to encourage sales? Utter mystery, I tell you.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Why on earth would they launch the version for their new fancy console a week sooner to encourage sales? Utter mystery, I tell you.

whoa we haven't seen something like this before

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Meanwhile GameStop is suggesting the new Zelda is coming in March.

Which of course means not much, but rumours.

SenseLess
May 4, 2007

a.lo posted:

whoa we haven't seen something like this before

You could almost say this is probably the shortest timed exclusive ever....

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

maybe it's faster to make the little carts than discs. just spitballing here

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

oddium posted:

that's dan's username here

Lucky Dan! (Until I looked him up I had no idea who he was. I still don't as I don't read Giant Bomb.)

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
you listen to giantbomb in your car on your way to work or working out

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

a.lo posted:

you listen to giantbomb in your car on your way to work or working out

I walk to work and I am videogames. We don't have fat, merely plastic cases.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

oddium posted:

maybe it's faster to make the little carts than discs. just spitballing here

turns out NOJ thought "region frii" meant "free of EFIGs" and spent the last six months trying to close NOE down until they found out! now they've got to print 2 million zelda discs and 45k zelda carts in time for prom

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

PROM HACK #SUMMER2017

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I will not hear a bad word about Dan. Last weekend he was on commentary at Hoodslam and since the show was 80s themed he obviously dressed as the superior Waa brother.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

Rexroom posted:

Meanwhile GameStop is suggesting the new Zelda is coming in March.

Pretty sure this means nothing—hell, didn't they have to slap stickers over big in-store No Man's Sky ads a week before it was supposed to launch because it got delayed at the last minute?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

No that was FF15. At least it was definitely that, they may also have had to do it with NMS as well.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

LKD on twitter posted:

Website with a price guarantee just listed Switch at just shy of £200 https://t.co/r5VE7JLXLl

That price is knowingly listed, not placeholder, price guarenteed by the store. https://t.co/4cLWvNUKu8

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Even though I own a WiiU, I think I will buy the Zelda game for the switch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I think this thing is gonna sell gangbusters at under £200.

• Locked thread