Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
I just got Patchwork and Sushi Go in the mail, which I assume was one of you. Thanks, goon! :buddy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
I have ordered one lucky Goon some Christmas cheer, I'll update the thread when it ships.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Something is on its way it seems, hooray! I expect it to bring cheer before december is upon us!

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Ettin posted:

I just got Patchwork and Sushi Go in the mail, which I assume was one of you. Thanks, goon! :buddy:

I shall let the (mask? beard?) slip to say enjoy fellow goon! Both are games that I enjoy; lightweight, easy to play, and fun. May they bring you much Goonmas Cheer!

edit:

For those shopping for fellow goons living down under, I used Games Paradise. They accepted an American Credit Card, but I wasn't able to opt in for gift receipt or a cheerful message. But, was easy to navigate and everything was in stock. Would rate 4 out of 5 Elves.

CovfefeCatCafe fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Nov 22, 2016

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

My wife knows me to well :@/

Gift on the way!

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Supplies have arrived from Amazon. The only bummer about this is now I have a box of cool poo poo that I'd like too!

Hopefully it'll be on it's merry way tomorrow.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*

Yooper posted:

Supplies have arrived from Amazon. The only bummer about this is now I have a box of cool poo poo that I'd like too!

Trad Games Secret Santa: Just Order Two Of Everything

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!
Still picking and choosing for my santee! Have also updated my post, sorry for being slow.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Alright, I've picked the gift for my santee, hopefully he will like it :)

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
Send it to me I am sure I will like it.

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

Ahhh!! Christmas cheer made it already! I'll have to post pictures when I can get them uploaded to my computer, but thank you, Santa! :)

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Got half of the the gift ordered just need to speak with my board game guy and I should be able to despatch next week

Felime
Jul 10, 2009
I'm a dumb goon who didn't pay attention and missed the signup by a couple days, but sign me up for a lightning round!

Gift Preferences Mostly a minis person. Current games are post-apoc indie skirmish(TNT), a little warmachine, and getting back into 40k/30k some. Anything cool and interesting minis wise would be good. Oh, and dogs. If you find some good 28mm dogs those would be cool! I would also be happy with painting/hobby supplies. Anything cool and interesting you put in a box is good as well, honestly. You have my permission to stalk my post history if you want for ideas.

General Location Maryland, USA

Solemn Vow I hereby swear that, absent someone with a gun to my head, I will do my very best to dispatch a cool gift to my assigned goon. (If my gift isn't there by christmas send help.)

Participated last year, and it was much fun. Hopefully aldantefax enjoyed his teas and taped together box of obscure 80s vintage RPG!

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Now begins the next X days of anxiously checking my front porch I guess.

It's exciting :)

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm caught up with today's batch of email traffic. And it looks like we've had our first delivered gifts! Not too drat bad, that's less than three full days since I sent out assignments. Good jorb, goons. Gorb.

Cascade Jones
Jun 6, 2015

Leperflesh posted:

I'm caught up with today's batch of email traffic. And it looks like we've had our first delivered gifts! Not too drat bad, that's less than three full days since I sent out assignments. Good jorb, goons. Gorb.

Awesome!

So, I'm wondering, do we let our santee know who sent the gift when they post that it was received, or does that happen magically somehow at the last post, or do we wait until next November for the perfect Vince McMahon It was me, Santee! It was me the whole time! reveal?

Or am I just overthinking this. That could be it.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Cascade Jones posted:

Awesome!

So, I'm wondering, do we let our santee know who sent the gift when they post that it was received, or does that happen magically somehow at the last post, or do we wait until next November for the perfect Vince McMahon It was me, Santee! It was me the whole time! reveal?

It's up to you, some people quote and wish them well with the gift, others prefer to maintain the secret part.

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ASK ME ABOUT TONING MY FINE ASS DWARVEN BOOTY BY RUNNING FROM THE COPS OUTSIDE THAT ELF KINDERGARTEN

BEHOLD THE DONG OF THE DWARVES! THE DWARVEN DONG IS COMING!
My Gifts are away! Lightning fast! Oh god I hope this worked :ohdear: How did I get here? I am not good with computers.

Bruxism
Apr 29, 2009

Absolutely not anxious about anything.

Bleak Gremlin

Bruxism posted:

Gift away! Predicted arrival is November 23rd.

Bonus gift with something Christmassie from the local market will be dispatched later this week and will take much longer to arrive.

Also, I will be signing up for the lightning round! Click the question mark below to see gift preferences.

Bonus gift was sent today! It could take 2-3 weeks to make its way across the Atlantic so someone should be receiving an unexpected bonus gift just as they think the well has run dry.

I also found out that my initial gift got split into 2 different packages so don't be discouraged if some goon receives a single inexpensive book initially.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Cascade Jones posted:

Awesome!

I didn't learn the identity of my Santa from last year until I got a PM around September of this year saying "uh, I may have accidentally used your address on an IPR order, let me know if you get a mystery book." That was pretty rad.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
Last item ordered should be able to assemble and post in the middle of next week.

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

Cascade Jones posted:

Awesome!

I'm a monster who reveals my Santa identity with the gift. THERE IS NO SANTA, I AM THE ONE WHO STAYED UP PAST MIDNIGHT TO MAKE SURE YOU WERE ASLEEP AND THEN CAREFULLY FILLED YOUR STOCKING, PLACED THE PRESENTS "FROM SANTA", AND ATE THE COOKIES EVEN THOUGH I WAS FULL TO HELP FURTHER YOUR CHILDHOOD BELIEF, TIMMY SENT YOU A NERD GIFT IN THE MAIL

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

Antivehicular posted:

I didn't learn the identity of my Santa from last year until I got a PM around September of this year saying "uh, I may have accidentally used your address on an IPR order, let me know if you get a mystery book." That was pretty rad.

The lesson here is that I am bad at using IPR's website.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Gifts for both my santees have been ordered, I'll post again when I have confirmation that they have been sent.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Dulkor posted:

The lesson here is that I am bad at using IPR's website.

That website isn't that great at being usable, either, so no worries.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Got "The Grizzled" and expansion (and an awesome gift bag) from Cool Corn. Thanks!

I also sent out my packages, so the nervous waiting game begins...

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...
gently caress I missed TGSS :( I thought you always updated last years thread to kick off the new years.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

jassi007 posted:

gently caress I missed TGSS :( I thought you always updated last years thread to kick off the new years.

There's still the lightning rounds!

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

LordAba posted:

Got "The Grizzled" and expansion (and an awesome gift bag) from Cool Corn. Thanks!

I also sent out my packages, so the nervous waiting game begins...

Glad it got there, enjoy!

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

My gift has arrived! Thanks Secret Santa! Now to see if I can resist the temptation to open it until Christmas...:ohdear:

Getting things together for my Santee, should have it sent out by this time next week.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
My Santee's package should be arriving today so I can pack it up and ship it out for the lucky person.

I'll likely be including a message in it that outs my Santa-hood in it as well.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Yvonmukluk posted:

My gift has arrived! Thanks Secret Santa! Now to see if I can resist the temptation to open it until Christmas...:ohdear:

Getting things together for my Santee, should have it sent out by this time next week.

Consider this the pithy note I couldn't include in it.

Something something metal dongs something.

I dunno I tried :(

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

I braved the senior infested wasteland known as the US Post Office and barely managed to ship out my package before the fumes of old lady perfume and stale cigarettes knocked me down.

Fly free my beautiful box.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
I am still waiting for an answer to a question I have posed but I have a good idea none the less. I am also really strongly considering hitting up the massive game store nearby and just picking up some fun stuff.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
My gift has arrived! Thanks, mystery goon!

I've got about 3/4 of the gift I'm sending out here. Last package should arrive Friday, so I'll be able to send it out when I get back from my parents next week.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

thespaceinvader posted:

Consider this the pithy note I couldn't include in it.

Something something metal dongs something.

I dunno I tried :(

Well, thanks anyway! I look forward to finding out what it is (fun fact, I nearly thought it was something I ordered for myself and opened it until I realised I wasn't expecting any deliveries other than Secret Santa).

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
No pictures yet of anyone's haul?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

jassi007 posted:

Hey jassi007! Naw, you can still jump into a LIGHTNING BONUS ROUND!

Also if you like, you can request to be added to the official Something Awful Trad Games Secret Santa Mailing List. Once a year, it gets used to send one email to people on the list, telling them that TGSS is up.

But yeah I've never gone back and re-opened the old thread to make an announcement in it.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Drowning Rabbit posted:

No pictures yet of anyone's haul?

Got this haul today! I love miniatures and models, and obviously WW2 is my jam. I hadn't heard of the book series before but it looks super good so I'm excited to read it :)

Thanks Grassy Gnoll!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Oh thank god. I was super afraid you were a hardcore cardboard chit gamer and that I had made a terrible mistake with Bolt Action. At the very least, I figured it never hurts to have another Sherman toy around.

I was really torn on something historic versus something fictional to round out your gift, but I had recently finished that series myself. It is an utterly silly premise that actually delivers some entertaining pulp reading, so I hope you enjoy!

• Locked thread