Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Clarste posted:

There's a TM for it, somewhere.

Poni Island Pokemon Centre. So, uh, good luck. :v:

E: And at the stupid 50k price tag, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

BTW the Snorlax you get is actually better off with Normilium anyway. His special move while funny is 210 power and a Normiulum lets him get close to that and not have to waste a slot on Giga Impact. Also Normilium+that move that gives more money raises EVERY stat by one which is pretty cool

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

He needs to learn a certain move for it.

He learns said move at level 57

In Sun/Moon it's at 35 if Serebii is right.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
He learns it at 35, and it's a hilarious Z move. Highly recommended.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Asking again, what patch of grass does Stufful hang out in?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Tired Moritz posted:

Asking again, what patch of grass does Stufful hang out in?

All of route 8. It's not a narrow area, it's just rare.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
okay, thank you. :)

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

QuasiQuack posted:

Question:
I'm playing Moon, but would like a daywolf on my team. What would happen if someone traded me a rockruff egg from sun? Would it still evolve into a nightwolf?
I don't like to use traded mons, they level so fast.

You can actually catch the daytime ones in Moon. I'm finding them in the grassy areas of Vast Poni Canyon when it's day in-game. I don't know if they're post game only or not though.

Actually caught a shiny one while farming that area for a Razor Claw.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I heard Sun/Moon are pretty big, I've got a New 3DS XL with basically nothing downloaded, will the pokemans fit or do I need to go and buy a cartridge version/bigger memory card for it?

Flagrama
Jun 19, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Insurrectionist posted:

I heard Sun/Moon are pretty big, I've got a New 3DS XL with basically nothing downloaded, will the pokemans fit or do I need to go and buy a cartridge version/bigger memory card for it?

The game is 3GB so you either need a 4GB SD card with nothing on it, or an 8GB SD card or bigger. I believe all 3DS systems except O3DS and 2DS come with a 4GB card. I think you should be okay.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Flagrama posted:

The game is 3GB so you either need a 4GB SD card with nothing on it, or an 8GB SD card or bigger. I believe all 3DS systems except O3DS and 2DS come with a 4GB card. I think you should be okay.

Alright I should be good then. Hopefully stuffing the card full of pokemon will be okay.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

BTW the Snorlax you get is actually better off with Normilium anyway. His special move while funny is 210 power and a Normiulum lets him get close to that and not have to waste a slot on Giga Impact. Also Normilium+that move that gives more money raises EVERY stat by one which is pretty cool

In Sun/Moon it's at 35 if Serebii is right.

Does raising stats by one have a big difference? Or do you mean one step like using agility raises speed?

I was kind of hoping normalize with the money move would just quadruple my money.

Flagrama
Jun 19, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Insurrectionist posted:

Alright I should be good then. Hopefully stuffing the card full of pokemon will be okay.

Just to be absolutely sure, check how many blocks you have free in System Settings > Software Managment > Nintendo 3DS. Pokemon Sun takes up 24,577 blocks on my system.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

greatn posted:

Does raising stats by one have a big difference? Or do you mean one step like using agility raises speed?

It's one step (agility is 2), but that is a big difference. One step is 1.5x the stat, two steps is 2x.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Flagrama posted:

Just to be absolutely sure, check how many blocks you have free in System Settings > Software Managment > Nintendo 3DS. Pokemon Sun takes up 24,577 blocks on my system.

I got 26,898 blocks open, and Tomodachi Life is the only title on the software title list at 973 blocks, which I assume I can just delete to make space if I want.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
i'm in europe but got my copy yesterday. i didn't say anything because i wanted to keep it a secret. sorry

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Calaveron posted:

I wanna meet Guzma already and find out what the real overarching deal is with the skull boys because surely there has to be more than being those darn kids

They mostly are just lovely kids

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Alolaraichium Z bitchessssss

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I love the festival plaza. I just wish there was an easier way to get shops.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
Okay so my Primarina just took a lethal hit and stayed at 1 HP because it "toughed it out so I wouldn't feel sad".

Tell me that isn't the cutest thing ever and I'll tell you that you're a liar.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Just a heads up I'm on Discord giving out a few Shinx that know Fire Fang and Eerie whatever (lowers enemy sp. atk). Hop on if you want one.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
Is there an easy way to grind XP in the endgame like the B2W2 Black Tower?

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Postgame Spoilers Ahoy:

I'm glad they give us more of the UBs than just one each, it makes it easier to get version exclusives.

Also, the UB-03 in Sun has a catch rate of 255 (the one you have to catch four of). It hosed up all my pokemon the first time, then I looked at Serebii and saw that and just started throwing balls, made my life so much easier.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Anyone making any headway in the Battle Tree?

How on loving earth do you build a team with enough coverage for this hellhole?

Even in Championship Ratings Battles it's possible to predict a bit of what you're going to see because there's certain things that are in vogue in ~~the meta~~, but Battle Tree is a total crapshoot

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Waffles Inc. posted:

Even in Championship Ratings Battles it's possible to predict a bit of what you're going to see because there's certain things that are in vogue in ~~the meta~~, but Battle Tree is a total crapshoot

If it's anything like past post-game "set your party's level to 50 and get wrecked" diversions, coverage isn't really enough. The farther along you go, the more the RNG favors the AI, scrubbing out any sort of coverage advantage or strategy under the sheer bulk of numbers.

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Waffles Inc. posted:

Truant Durant, mostly.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Use SpecDf Zygarde Complete because it takes like 35% from an ice beam and Clefable moonblast is a 5hko

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Emong posted:

Truant Durant, mostly.

Too bad Durant isn't available til pokebank :shepicide:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
It really sucks that Gumshoos has the perfect move set to take advantage of Stakeout but he takes like 75% from an unSTAB eq

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Nintendo: "what if we made weavile but made it really slow and with bad typing"

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I tried a Battle Royal after the mandatory plot one

Got wrecked because everything is level 50 :(

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
does the dragon totem have a gimmick, mimikyu 2-shot him

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Your Computer posted:

On a related note, screw whoever said that the Team Skull theme says "dubba dubba dubba dubba gently caress" because even though I know they're saying dokuro my brain is just telling me dubba dubba gently caress every time now <:mad:>
:shobon:

It totally is, though!

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Countblanc posted:

It really sucks that Gumshoos has the perfect move set to take advantage of Stakeout but he takes like 75% from an unSTAB eq

How does Stakeout work exactly? The wording on Bulbapedia is confusing. Does it only apply to switch-outs or does it apply to any Pokemon that enters the battle after the first?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

mandatory lesbian posted:

does the dragon totem have a gimmick, mimikyu 2-shot him

Same but one, after a Swords Dance (Disguise is so useful for set-up).

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I went back to the Ghost trial right after completing it and Mimikyu was the first encounter. Took out almost my whole team but I got one! And the Aether grunt at the Pokémon center on Route 16 paid a cool 20,000 to see its picture

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Countblanc posted:

Nintendo: "what if we made weavile but made it really slow and with bad typing"

i've been told that ice is a bad type anyway

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Deified Data posted:

How does Stakeout work exactly? The wording on Bulbapedia is confusing. Does it only apply to switch-outs or does it apply to any Pokemon that enters the battle after the first?

Anything whivh results in the opponent switching other than fainting. This means u-turn and friends. Haven't tested red card.

Also I recommend pokemon slowdown breakdowns for mechanics over bulbapedia. Like the bulbapedia page for Custap Berry is a rambling mess but the showdown description is a single sentence that is perfectly clear.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Emong posted:

Truant Durant, mostly.

Oh man I love that band

Just beat the electric trial. I love how they kinda fake you out with how the trials are gonna go, with the first one being just oh hunt down these lovely pokemon until the door to the totem opens, and then the water one is a bit more involved, with amusing NPC interactions, and then by the fire one all bets are off and they're just very funny and entertaining while still maintaining the general gist of beating up some lovely pokemons until the big one shows up

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Seriously though Gumshoos has Yawn and U-turn, plus great coverage moves. It's moveset is PERFECT but it's so God Dang frail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Ruggington posted:

i've been told that ice is a bad type anyway

It's great to have ice moves but not the typing usually.