Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011
trying to catch a doofus which pokemon do i need to SOS chain to make it appear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

So do people try and use Happy Hour on the Gastly and then get hit by Mean Look? Cause that's hilarious.

Finally got the game myself and the only other member I know I'm getting is Pikipek, I'll probably get one more Pokemon on Melemele and catch some more later on.

Cool thing: before the festival at the start of the game, any Pokemon you find on Route 1 will be caught by a Poke Ball, 100% of the time. I've thrown Poke Balls at Pokemon at full health and it always works, it's great.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Crosspeice posted:

So do people try and use Happy Hour on the Gastly and then get hit by Mean Look? Cause that's hilarious.

Finally got the game myself and the only other member I know I'm getting is Pikipek, I'll probably get one more Pokemon on Melemele and catch some more later on.

Cool thing: before the festival at the start of the game, any Pokemon you find on Route 1 will be caught by a Poke Ball, 100% of the time. I've thrown Poke Balls at Pokemon at full health and it always works, it's great.

Pikipek owns owns owns

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Crosspeice posted:

What?! Definitely something I'm gonna try if I get Moon

Po Town is really sad :smith:

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Pneumatic Wizard posted:

Guess it's time to shower Munchlax in coins for a while...

Update: The Gastly started to struggle just after I got everything but hold back down to 0pp, 36pp left in hold back.

Ah, the good old days of Gen I where you could get into a trainer battle that couldn't end because AI mons didn't Struggle.

Pneumatic Wizard
Oct 9, 2012

Buglord

Crosspeice posted:

Yup, owned by my own greed.

And when you try to use metronome to try to do any damage it uses spite to get rid of all it's pp, then chain sleeps you with hypnosis so you can't even spend your remaining pp to get to struggle.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Catsworth posted:

Having played through every pokemon game ever, I finally encountered my first shiny pokemon! A shiny Spinda in Ten Carat Hill! Managed to catch it too!

Congratulations on your green Spinda.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Carlosologist posted:

What?! Definitely something I'm gonna try if I get Moon

Yep, Popplio has gotten to level 8 by catching things alone, haven't even taken down any Pokemon. If I'm gonna get a Gen 7 living dex, might as well start early.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Pretty sure I'm gonna buy Sun soon in addition to my Moon. First time I'll have owned both version simultaneously, but I'm already itching to start a new game and play through with a completely separate team.

Plus I'll be able to trade back and forth easily since I have two 3DSes, so starters and version exclusives for days.

Avalerion posted:

Cause my lovely EU country does not have those. :downs: Cheers though, d/ling this now.

Fair enough!

Y'all need to get onto the giant soulless conglomerate big box train, it's great/awful.

Soul Glo fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Nov 23, 2016

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Crosspeice posted:

This is actually a nerf from last generation, where it was just "First route+Pokeball=100%" rather than being timelocked :eng101:

(by "last generation" I mean Kalos Route 2 and Hoenn Route 101)

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

Ă¢Â€Â• Corey Dostoyevsky
Whoever thought up Po Town needs a raise.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
Wow, Faba, you got outsmarted by Hau.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

enojy posted:

Aw shoot. I was hoping she could have her own character and play through the story. Oh well. Thanks!

Get a copy of Sun and a copy of Moon and then you can trade with each other.

It's pointless to try to share a single game.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Nessa posted:

Get a copy of Sun and a copy of Moon and then you can trade with each other.

It's pointless to try to share a single game.

You know, I very well might... I've always scoffed (gently) at the dual Pokémon releases, but (a) Moon was an early Christmas gift from my roommate because I couldn't really think of anything else I wanted in this price range, and (b) she seemed more excited about Pokémon than I did, so Sun sounds like a perfect gift in return.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Picked up a themed 2DS + Moon bundle this morning. One thing I hadn't noticed before is that besides the silver silhouette of Pikachu on the front there are also three belonging to the starters on the back. It's pretty neat.

Played the game for like 2 hours and just picked up my mystery gift Munchlax. It had a relaxed nature. It is almost like it knew that I had named him Buddha.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

DACK FAYDEN posted:

This is actually a nerf from last generation, where it was just "First route+Pokeball=100%" rather than being timelocked :eng101:

(by "last generation" I mean Kalos Route 2 and Hoenn Route 101)

Not necessarily, you can get 9 different Pokemon on Alola Route 1 in that time, whereas you can only get 6 different Pokemon each on Kalos Route 2 and Hoenn Route 101 throughout the whole game.

If it still applied throughout the whole game, then you would be able to get 20 different Pokemon on Alola Route 1 with the 100% catch rate, including Pokemon like Pikachu, Snorlax and Happiny.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

How long do we have to get the special Munchlax? Which starter has the best final evolution? Like obviously Litten #1 but,

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Welp, time for a break until December 5th I guess.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

tyblazitar posted:

drat son, gj

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-481851905

decidueye is cool and toxapex is a mother fucker

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwcKXvNaKQ0

:stare: New episode.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Nov 23, 2016

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Crosspeice posted:

I got owned because I bet on metronome. 2 normal moves in a row, mean look the first turn, then hypnosis and spite all the way down :(

Always bet on metronome

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Plasma Sages = 2 episodes
N, Ghetsis = 0 episodes

Who asked for this?

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
Someone earlier in the thread mentioned that they were breeding HA Vulpixes. Can I get in on that?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Get in the loving pokeball tapu koko

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Shneak posted:

Plasma Sages = 2 episodes
N, Ghetsis = 0 episodes

Who asked for this?

My guess is they're building to a big N thing next week, since they'll have to get the dragons some how.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

I don't want to use my loving master ball on this idiot

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Caught in my very last non masterball

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012
Primarina toughed out the attack so I wouldn't be sad.
Primarina is buffeted by the sandstorm.

:(

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
When do I get access to the pokepelago? I keep running out of beans.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Who is that idiot with the idiot hair and why is he also in sun moon

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

greatn posted:

When do I get access to the pokepelago? I keep running out of beans.

After you beat the fire trial and get Charizard Fly it becomes an option on your menu,

Calaveron posted:

Who is that idiot with the idiot hair and why is he also in sun moon

Colress, he was a... villain/rival? of B/W2. Really more of a freelance Scientist who hooked up with Team Plasma to do unspecified SCIENCE!

He helped your dude a bunch and left Plasma to go keep doing science elsewhere? i dunno, B/W2's plot was weird and kinda bad and he was a nonsensical character.

I'm guessing he's here as a cameo for the same reason Grimsley is :shrug:

Zore fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Nov 23, 2016

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Sure hope nobody in Alola minds that I have one of their gods in a poke ball and nobody can ever be kahuna or get a Z ring ever again i guess

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Someone earlier in the thread mentioned that they were breeding HA Vulpixes. Can I get in on that?
I can breed you one in a bit, I just need to wrap up the Lusamine fight.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

Blaziken386 posted:

I can breed you one in a bit, I just need to wrap up the Lusamine fight.

Thank you! I don't have too much to offer at this point, though.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

tyblazitar posted:

But is it Living?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

corn in the bible posted:

Sure hope nobody in Alola minds that I have one of their gods in a poke ball and nobody can ever be kahuna or get a Z ring ever again i guess

look, they're getting a league now. no one cares about being a kahuna any more old man.

For real though that is a really weird plot point.

Also I love how the E4 starts off with 2 Kahunas, then they replace the next one with one of the trial captains (because he's the ennui loner) and the last one is... a golfer girl who doesn't even really want to do this poo poo.

:allears:

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

corn in the bible posted:

The Tapu seem to impose their will on the people when they feel like it. It might not be too bad to be rid of them. The ghost area was created by Tapu Bulu getting pissed they built a walmart on it's land.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

I like that the golfer's club has a toucannon colored grip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

oh no, lillie got cuter, help