Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Metapod posted:

Presti please get Russ some people who can make an open shot tia

It's that little shadetree fella outta Georgia Tech... Anthonnnyyy... MORRROOWWW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

btw Jamal Murray was v good last night and my post calling him bad at everything right now will probably be dug up in 2020

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

edit - meh

Mr. Mambold fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Nov 23, 2016

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I was just looking up some stats and realize that the rockets are playing slower than they did last year

:what:

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Do the Blazers suck now?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Do the Blazers suck now?

https://twitter.com/corbinasmith/status/801446963585552384

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Do the Blazers suck now?

Zach Lowe wrote something on the Blazers today:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18106035/zach-lowe-portland-trail-blazers-damian-lillard-cj-mccollum-nba

quote:

At halftime in Brooklyn on Sunday, after the Blazers' league-worst defense coughed up another 64 points to the lowly Nets, Meyers Leonard approached Damian Lillard with a plea: "Maybe it's time for you to talk one-on-one with some guys about their defense," Leonard told Portland's franchise player. "Everyone respects what you say."

Lillard considered it, but decided to stay quiet. "The defensive issues -- I'm a part of it," Lillard told ESPN.com the next day. (Leonard would admit he is, too.) "I didn't want to go telling people, 'You need to do this or that.' Enough talking has been done."

Lillard eventually confronted Evan Turner, Portland's struggling free agent splurge, after Turner -- caught on a switch -- let Brook Lopez dribble from the 3-point arc all the way to the rim. "That can't happen," Lillard told Turner. Beyond that scolding, Lillard shut his mouth and played harder.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

The Blazers are paying Allen Crabbe 18.5 million dollars for .5 win shares and are paying Evan Turner 16.4 for literally 0 win shares.

That is why they are a bad team. Any time you're playing 2 below average wings a combined 35 million dollars you're gonna have problems.

The bigger issue is what happens after this season. This is going to be the blazers, more or less, for the next 4 years unless they can get someone to take on some of their contracts.

Paul Zuvella fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Nov 23, 2016

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

zach lowe's cognitive dissonance must be on steroids considering that he pumped up dame as the greatest leader in the NBA while ragging on harden as a one way player

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

straight up brolic posted:

btw Jamal Murray was v good last night and my post calling him bad at everything right now will probably be dug up in 2020

Jamal Murray is Kitchener's own and I wanna hang out at Charles Street Terminal with him.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Every time Jamal Murray has another good game I die a little bit more inside.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

zach lowe's cognitive dissonance must be on steroids considering that he pumped up dame as the greatest leader in the NBA while ragging on harden as a one way player

Harden could be a better endowed Scottie Pippen on defense and he would still be a little bitch.

Clyde Drexler's hair was a better leader than James Harden.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Vernon Maxwell's right hook was a better leader than Harden

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
I missed out on son chat, but Jamal Murray is now my son and will lead the Nuggets to the promised land, in spite of the false savior Emmanuel Mudiay

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I'll raise Otto Porter and Kelly Oubre into strong leaders

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

I was planning on dragging it up here in 2016 but you beat me to it :[

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
It's pretty funny how Mozgov isn't even the worst contract on Lakers, let alone in the league.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
I'm the dad Austin never had.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
https://twitter.com/thunder_fan2000/status/801315249588752385

👀👀👀👀👀👀

Bring Rudy to okc 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Zach has such poor social perception that he can only see really gross cues, he seems dame being firey, he sees james, always sleepy eyed, taking awoken hibernating bear slow mo swipes at the ball. We don't make ableist posts about sports columnists here. We do that in the Zach Lowe's half croat son will grow up stabbing switchblade knives into mini basketballs thread

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Gucci Mane didn't just kisscam propose, he also gave away a Rolex:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CA9QogpYIo

edit:

Also, the guy who posted the video above also uploads the condensed 10 minute versions (you get to watch with League Pass) of every game to his channel daily. In case anyone is looking for something like that.

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Nov 23, 2016

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Hah did Gucci just propose without bending the knee ? Hah ha ha he's as crafty and aware of symbolic importance as Emperor Fredrich I in his handling of the Italian city-states

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

RIP first verse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDPRVK0AQXQ

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Evan Turner:

quote:

He was almost as stunned as you by Portland's mega-offer, by the way, which turned out to be for four years and $70 million. Turner's agent made him promise not to tell anyone about the proposal until he signed it. Turner was too giddy, though. He hung up with his agent, immediately called Andre Iguodala, still a close friend and mentor, and blurted out, "Yo, Dre! They offered this!" Turner recalled, laughing. Iguodala told him to take the deal right away.

:suicide:

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
I missed broadcaster catchphrase chat but my favorite was the onions baby guy.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

dokmo posted:

I missed broadcaster catchphrase chat but my favorite was the onions baby guy.

RIP Chuck

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Paul Zuvella posted:

The Blazers are paying Allen Crabbe 18.5 million dollars for .5 win shares and are paying Evan Turner 16.4 for literally 0 win shares.

That is why they are a bad team. Any time you're playing 2 below average wings a combined 35 million dollars you're gonna have problems.

The bigger issue is what happens after this season. This is going to be the blazers, more or less, for the next 4 years unless they can get someone to take on some of their contracts.

I feel like there's a hole in my heart where a Bill Simmons 10 page essay with the line "anytime you can get Crabbe and Turner for 35m you do it you gotta lock it up" in it.

Seriously though, those were some moves.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Burying him on Chicago radio as Neil Funk does the telecasts is some shameful poo poo

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Paul Zuvella posted:

The team would be just as bad if they were paying those guys the league minimum. The way this roster is playing is the reason they're bad this season. The payroll is the reason they'll be bad for multiple seasons. It's two separate considerations.

Black Sabas
Apr 29, 2015

Swaggy P Goin' Clear

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Papercut posted:

Evan Turner:

Teams in the West that Andre "NBA Machiavelli" Iguodala has crippled in the past three years:

- Denver
- OKC
- Portland

Shear Modulus fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Nov 23, 2016

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

https://twitter.com/HoopingHeaven/status/801305214905151488

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Papercut posted:

Evan Turner:

That's amazing

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
ET's eyes are far apart, almost on the sides of his head, like a prey animal, which is why he will never be good at basketball. He lacks the predator instinct that you need in the game of basketball. You'd think a larger peripheral vision would make him a better defender, but his prey instincts also make him flighty and anxious.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

All you have to do to catch ET is chase him at noon until he falls down, exhausted and panting

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

xbilkis posted:

Burying him on Chicago radio as Neil Funk does the telecasts is some shameful poo poo

What does he say when Chicago wins? I assume he doesn't use "salami and cheese," because that is particular to the Raptors.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
https://twitter.com/streethistory/status/801512232005861386

OKAY!!!!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

:allears:

He's just so casual about it too.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Paul Zuvella posted:

I was just looking up some stats and realize that the rockets are playing slower than they did last year

:what:

that's because they sometimes run a halfcourt offense now, one that doesn't end with dwight being fouled as soon as he gets the ball.

despite the pace change, the games are like 2/3 as long as they were in real time.

e: I'm looking through pace right now, it's changed around a lot this year. Spurs are like #27. Clippers are right behind the Rockets. Warriors and Hawks are the only really good teams in the top 10, actually.

chunkles fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Nov 23, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Papercut posted:

The team would be just as bad if they were paying those guys the league minimum. The way this roster is playing is the reason they're bad this season. The payroll is the reason they'll be bad for multiple seasons. It's two separate considerations.

The idea is that they could have gone out and spent that money on people who don't suck.

I understand compensation and performance are two different things.

• Locked thread