Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
The jacket is also missing zippers.
And the jacket from the previous low fidelity rubber face version :had: zippers.

But they added some sort of cargo netting to the sleeve to make it look less 1950's. So that's a good thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oleyo
Mar 28, 2016

MeLKoR posted:

Rose could float to safety on a t-posed DiCaprio.

And all those guys in the boiler room could just vibrate and glitch through the bulkhead hatches. BOOM. Its now a heartwarming tale.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Tokamak posted:

There's hidden magnets, and the black round button are magnetic. It's the future.
It's the little details like this which makes me have so much faith in Chris to deliver the BDSSE.

900 years in the future and that guy is wearing a jacket my father would have worn when he was young. I can't wait for Squadron 42, stop blueballing us Chris!

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Sappo569 posted:

Someone with more time and tism than me should map out the floor plan of cig la

Who's office is that always on the background , that appears to be perpetually empty ? I'm going to assume it's Chris or Sandis office

I'm trying to find the video where Ben wheezed his way around the Santa Monica offices and showed everything off, but I want to say that was supposed to be either his office or Sandi's office.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Beet Wagon posted:

I'm trying to find the video where Ben wheezed his way around the Santa Monica offices and showed everything off, but I want to say that was supposed to be either his office or Sandi's office.

It's would normally be easy to tell due to everyone having their own personal touch , but all their offices look exactly the same with that stupid furniture

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Sappo569 posted:

Who's office is that always on the background , that appears to be perpetually empty ? I'm going to assume it's Chris or Sandis office

That was Ben's office. But one of the latest Sandi tweets has two other guys sharing it. So it may just be empty except when they need a photo op.

From the previous image I mentioned the place did not look like it was ever worked in. No carpet wear, no desk marks, nothing. i wouldn't doubt Ben just works from the cafeteria since by his current size he has problems with normal doorways.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

ahmini posted:

Upgrade to MoMa 2.6 seems to have broken the good posting feature

It's possible Moma shares a house/apartment with someone and it's two people posting as it's happened before when angry moma just takes over. I don't think it's Toast but I have no real clue, angry moma does focus on CIG leaks and saying they aren't real is one method to draw more information out to identity sources, if that's his intention or not again, dunno. Moma has never predicted anything that couldn't have been easily guessed by an idiot.

However, having said all that if he really did spend $5k on an Idris and a Javelin over the weekend, you could kinda could see why he'd be pissed when he sobered up. That TOS is cast iron and he's locked in now.

AP fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Nov 23, 2016

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

AP posted:

It's possible Moma shares a house/apartment with someone and it's two people posting as it's happened before when angry moma just takes over. I don't think it's Toast but I have no real clue, angry moma does focus on CIG leaks and saying they aren't real is one method to draw more information out to identity sources, if that's his intention or not again, dunno. Moma has never predicted anything that couldn't have been easily guessed by an idiot.

However having said all that if he really did spend $5k on an Idris and a Javelin over the weekend, you could kinda could see why he's be pissed when he sobered up. That TOS is cast iron and he's locked in now.

He still has 14 days to return it.
It's not totally anti-consumer laws, yet.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Sappo569 posted:

i started to one night then i realized that's what crazy people do and played video games instead

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Ash1138 posted:

i started to one night then i realized that's what crazy people do and played video games instead

I wonder if that hobo still lives outside their building.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Lladre posted:

That was Ben's office. But one of the latest Sandi tweets has two other guys sharing it. So it may just be empty except when they need a photo op.

From the previous image I mentioned the place did not look like it was ever worked in. No carpet wear, no desk marks, nothing. i wouldn't doubt Ben just works from the cafeteria since by his current size he has problems with normal doorways.

That makes sense. Besides he now has 300 odd boxes of trash

So I imagine they just moved him into a more fitting office space

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Lladre posted:

I wonder if that hobo still lives outside their building.

He still works there too

Oleyo
Mar 28, 2016

TheLightPurges posted:

It looks like that that would put them over for a while. But honestly they're probably gonna make 6-8 weeks worth of burn this month. Thats it.

The early days when they were small they got way more money than chris could waste so they've been riding a stockpile for years and using that to make up the deficit. From the cash only poo poo we see that the stockpile is almost gone.

Right, he always had the capability to waste millions, but it takes time to build up the staff needed for a really efficient money-furnace.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I'd be willing to bet some Citizen somewhere has painstakingly remade his basement into a scale model of the Santa Monica office or something, but I'm not willing to go that far into Bunnyman-land to try and find out.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

MeLKoR posted:

Everybody is focused on the PU but what is really going to blow this poo poo up is when everybody sees anything from Squadron 42. Think about it, it's all so bad that even Chris is ashamed to show any of it in it's current state. I can't stop thinking just how terrible these Hollywood stars must look like in game. Sooner or later he'll have to show what he spent all that money on and it's going to be the laughing stock of the internet.

Wonder if those stars have some kind of veto right to show their cinematics based on deemed quality of the material produced.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Tokamak posted:

There's hidden magnets, and the black round button are magnetic. It's the future.
It's the little details like this which makes me have so much faith in Chris to deliver the BDSSE.

There's a nanotube with gravity in it running down the seam.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Sappo569 posted:

It used to be Ben's, but since he's booted, Chris uses it to write emails from, on an uncomfortable WWII plane fuselage desk.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

AP posted:

However, having said all that if he really did spend $5k on an Idris and a Javelin over the weekend, you could kinda could see why he'd be pissed when he sobered up. That TOS is cast iron and he's locked in now.

As with so much in this thread the answer is simpler and comes with two balls on the side.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

orcinus posted:

It used to be Ben's, but since he's booted, Chris uses it to write emails from, on an uncomfortable WWII plane fuselage desk.

I'd love to see official confirmation of Ben getting fired, it would be perfect

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

MedicineHut posted:

Wonder if those stars have some kind of veto right to show their cinematics based on deemed quality of the material produced.
i doubt it

oscar winners have starred in some real poo poo just to get paid

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Lladre posted:

Ever wonder why he looks so sad?

It's because his Xi'Anese manufactured shirt is missing a button hole.

Double :laffo::laffo:

Also he doesn't want anyone to know he's got no eyebrows.

What? he doesn't!

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

i feel for the lowly animator who must capture sandi's emotionless insincerity

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

TheAgent posted:

also since someone is nicely asking about "how did I not know about the production schedule"

I kinda did, but was told it was going to be a special 10 for the chairman thing and not a letter

When you first posted that leak I figured a smoke and mirror video like that would generate as much smug as gamescom and blow the sale up.

I like that it is an obviously wrong series of timelines that they have never used before, with such short time frames they obviously created it just for the anniversary sale and it's already not being followed.

Backers are still citing it as proof of the most open development ever though, and CIG is supposedly making $600,000 a day so it worked to some extent. I'm seeing it dropped constantly on people in all of the arguments over development. It works better than telling people RTV/ATV answer all their questions since at a first glance it totally looks like actual information.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

ManofManyAliases posted:

As tru said previously: I've got my sources but I won't say who.

To be honest toast, I'm starting to believe you have a real source. Problem is that, considering just how wrong your predictions have been, you source is either completely brainwashed and believes their own hype, the Krispy Kreme guy who basically lives there, or a developer who is giving you the actual oficial info that just happens to be incredibly optimistic and wrong, because CR.

In any case I have upgraded you from invertebrate into cartilaginous scum-sucking fish.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Sappo569 posted:

I'd love to see official confirmation of Ben getting fired, it would be perfect

He's not fired, he's just not Ben Lesnick, developer anymore.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

ManofManyAliases posted:

They're pegging this week. Agent wasn't quite right that StarMarine is ready to go, but I'm not allowed to speak more than that.

So are they pegging this week the same way they pegged SQ42 for this year and still pegging 3.0 for this year?

They've got till today to finish whatever it is they are doing because it wont be out tomorrow and lol if they are stupid enough to actually release a closed playtest on a friday, specially on an extended holiday one.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

orcinus posted:

He's not fired, he's just not Ben Lesnick, developer anymore.

How do you know this. What is his role now then ?

I am genuinely curious about the terrible human planet known as Ben

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Sappo569 posted:

I think his job is just to be around and do community poo poo in between scanning old garbage into his crowdfunded Wing Commander database now.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Beet Wagon posted:

I think his job is just to be around and do community poo poo in between scanning old garbage into his crowdfunded Wing Commander database now.

Didn't a goon buy one of the boxes ? I'd like to see that streamed live on twitch when he slowly destroys the contents

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Ash1138 posted:

i feel for the lowly animator who must capture sandi's emotionless insincerity

That is the real reason for the $70,000,000 motion capture budget. They keep blaming the mocap for Sandi's animations being lifeless and unconvincing since it's her husband in charge, so the world's finest animators in the world's most expensive motion capture studio have spent two years trying to make Pusher seem life-like, and unfortunately she is in 90% of the 20 hours of cutscenes.

Oleyo
Mar 28, 2016

TheAgent posted:

I love how those guys on r/dereksmart don't realize that when I put something in quotes I'm actually quoting someone

watching these guys get riled up over what amounts to someone on the internet saying "my uncle works for nintendo" is hilarious

That's not what quotes are for. Aren't they for like, sarcasm or something?

Unbelievable. Did they think it was just your odd stylistic choice? Also, it isn't even like you ever made many predictions, more like, "Here is what people at CIG are talking about..."*

*This is called a paraphrase, r/ds. I am neither being sarcastic, nor directly quoting.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Lladre posted:

TheAgent was the only one giving out decent info. EightAce has been irrelevant for months now. Whatever user on that shared account that had actual info moved on.

I agree to this. EightAce months seemed better than more recent EightAce.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Sappo569 posted:

I don't think even CIG knows. They clearly want to fire him (they've cut him from regular shows and communications as he often fucks it up) but hes a "community figure" He has no real responsibilities at CIG other than the occasional forum post.

Oleyo
Mar 28, 2016

TheAgent posted:

reminder: this is what citizens think the cover mechanic is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QW-f4ourFEc&t=232s
lol

Our hide and seek mechanic:

Oleyo
Mar 28, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

He said he was going to a federal building. I just helped him clarify which one. .

Haha, I forgot about that.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Fat Shat Sings posted:

That is the real reason for the $70,000,000 motion capture budget. They keep blaming the mocap for Sandi's animations being lifeless and unconvincing since it's her husband in charge, so the world's finest animators in the world's most expensive motion capture studio have spent two years trying to make Pusher seem life-like, and unfortunately she is in 90% of the 20 hours of cutscenes.
i'm reminded of the behind the scenes from attack of the clones where one guy had to keep redoing the animation for one of yoda's lines

except instead of the voice of industry legend frank oz, it's the voice of industry nobody sandi gardiner

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

TheLightPurges posted:

I don't think even CIG knows. They clearly want to fire him (they've cut him from regular shows and communications as he often fucks it up) but hes a "community figure" He has no real responsibilities at CIG other than the occasional forum post.
yet he's better in front of the camera than the aggressively untalented sandi gardiner

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

what's more funny:

ben lesnick, developer

or

sandi gardiner, actress

?

Oleyo
Mar 28, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

That's not how buttons work :psyduck:

FUTURE. EMBEDDED MAGNETS. CHRIS HAS THOUGHT OF ALL DETAILS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

I'm bored. Let's have an insider-off.

Can all you my-source-is-realer-than-your-source guys offer your respective insights into why the anniversary pre-show was cut short to everyone's surprise, and why Lando was seen manufacturing anal masonry mid-stream?

• Locked thread