Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Leal posted:

Indeed, now excuse me while I play the race that looks like a bunch of children and talk about how said child-like race is the superior one.

I mean you'd be right, Lala supremacy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
If You Don't Have A Tail You Fail

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I respect all the races of Hydaelyn, even the terrible ones

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Augus posted:

As a previous poster said, it's the best part of being a Roe with the height slider set to max

Are there any male Roes that don't play with muscle slider to max unless you're doing it for RP reasons? I mean if you're gonna go swole, might as well go swole the way

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

I've personally never seen any examples of people from the balmung server, just hushed whispers. Does anyone have any photographic evidence it exists?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

All the FF14 plushes are 25% off on Square's store, I'm sure someone ITT cares about that https://store.na.square-enix.com/product/279667/final-fantasy-xiv-a-realm-reborn-delivery-moogle-plush

They're also taking preorders for the fall issue of FF14 magazine

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Theres a magazine

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Yeah, seems like it replaced the Eorzea Collection magazines they used to put out, I think this is the second issue. Japanese only though

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

homeless snail posted:

All the FF14 plushes are 25% off on Square's store, I'm sure someone ITT cares about that https://store.na.square-enix.com/product/279667/final-fantasy-xiv-a-realm-reborn-delivery-moogle-plush

As someone who owns that delivery moogle, he's adorable and cute and my friend and everyone who is on the fence should buy one.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Verranicus posted:

If it make you non-Balmung folk feel better most of the server can't stand that person and has them on ignore.

I'll never know, my custom chat tab that has /w FC chat and my linkshells is usually the one I have active. While I enjoy watching the human zoo that is balmung, I don't actually want to interact with any of the animals on a regular basis.

Rhymenoserous fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Nov 23, 2016

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Verranicus posted:

If it make you non-Balmung folk feel better most of the server can't stand that person and has them on ignore.

They've joined PF groups from my FC members on more than one occasion, and apparently struggle with reading comprehension, such as expecting a clean one-shot of something advertised as learning/clear. (Not to mention, not being terribly clean in mechanics themselves.) At this point, most of my FC has them on a short list of people to be auto-kicked if they ever join their PF groups again.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

ScrubLeague posted:

If You Don't Have A Tail You Fail

Tbh this

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
If you don't have pointy ears, there's gonna be tears.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
If you have no fuzz, commit suicide you must

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
a race with no muscle tone you must disown

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
A race that is a potato, to the FBI child predator investigation unit you go.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Kuvo posted:

a race with no muscle tone you must disown

If you're not buff, things will be rough.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
So I have a question. Does selecting an in progress queue do nothing if your queue will be auto filled? I ask because I wanted to do Ex roulette as my bard because it is way better geared then my tank. We got Gubal HM and Tank left immediately because apparently it takes longer than Xeph (I say bullshit) and he would have been late for work. We sat on our thumbs and waited, and nothing. So I figured I could leave, switch to Tank, and queue for in progress so I would be matched back with them but I got thrown into all new party that wasn't an in progress. Is in progress supposed to take priority? It could be the party just decided to peace out at that point but wait times were brutal so I doubt it.

FaintlyQuaint
Aug 19, 2011

The king and his men.
Grimey Drawer
I play female midlander, think Warrior is boring, and have an alt I levelled on Balmung explicitly to play even more pvp in FFXIV.

I've hit the trifecta of things people dislike all at once. Mission accomplished.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

The Black Stones posted:

So I have a question. Does selecting an in progress queue do nothing if your queue will be auto filled? I ask because I wanted to do Ex roulette as my bard because it is way better geared then my tank. We got Gubal HM and Tank left immediately because apparently it takes longer than Xeph (I say bullshit) and he would have been late for work. We sat on our thumbs and waited, and nothing. So I figured I could leave, switch to Tank, and queue for in progress so I would be matched back with them but I got thrown into all new party that wasn't an in progress. Is in progress supposed to take priority? It could be the party just decided to peace out at that point but wait times were brutal so I doubt it.

Gubal HM takes no time at all though? A good tank/healer combo with good aoe dps can pull the whole thing in like 4-5 pulls. If he didn't have time for a dungeon then he shouldn't have queued.

Also Gubal is more fun.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

homeless snail posted:

DACK FAYDEN posted:

As someone who owns that delivery moogle, he's adorable and cute and my friend and everyone who is on the fence should buy one.

I had a hard time choosing between Kuplo Kop and the Delivery Moogle, and my choice came down to the bonus in-game code. Great plushes, both of them, but I think this will make someone very happy this Christmas. Thanks a lot for the tips! :unsmith:

motoh
Oct 16, 2012

The clack of a light autocannon going off is just how you know everything's alright.
Don't pull your pud to the spud

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

The Black Stones posted:

My anecdotal understanding is that in-progress is a filtering option (all groups if on, only fresh groups if off), but the ultimate matching algorithm - at least for a single player queueing up for a single specific duty - is first come, first served, like any other queue.

Meaning that even someone who checks in-progress, might get matched with a fresh group if the fresh group has been waiting to fill up with a tank longer than the partial group had been waiting for a replacement tank.

Granted, there's more to it than that, because the matching algorithm will also prioritize things that will actually complete a group, over just clumping people together to still look for the rest of the slots for a fresh group. But in general, for active content like experts, you will run into scenarios like that when you get some other group. Whereas if this were, say, Aurum Vale, odds would be very good that you'd get back in with the same group because there are much fewer Aurum Vale groups (in progress or fresh) than Gubal/Xelphatol groups in the first place.

Vil fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Nov 23, 2016

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I've always felt like Gubal is faster/less tedious than Xelphatol. Interesting to see there are people who feel the opposite.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

homeless snail posted:

that link doesn't list fat cat but it's also 25% off!

https://store.na.square-enix.com/product/316436/final-fantasy-xiv-plush-cushion-fat-cat

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

homeless snail posted:

hosed up I can't get a Y'shtola plushie.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

But i just ordered the moogle! aag

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Verranicus posted:

I've always felt like Gubal is faster/less tedious than Xelphatol. Interesting to see there are people who feel the opposite.

It's objectively faster. The best time for Gubal on fflogs is 9:50, while the best for Xelphatol is 11:13. A minute difference might not seem like much, but that gap widens up when you get down to more average players. Also gently caress the first boss of Xelphatol.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Fister Roboto posted:

It's objectively faster. The best time for Gubal on fflogs is 9:50, while the best for Xelphatol is 11:13. A minute difference might not seem like much, but that gap widens up when you get down to more average players. Also gently caress the first boss of Xelphatol.
Is the gap because first boss goes invincible or because the random crappy elevators and doors and drawbridges separate the pulls more than Gubal?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Everyone hated Neverreap over Fractal in 3.0, but Neverreap still takes a shorter time to beat.

Artless Meat
Apr 7, 2008

I got my girlfriend a fat cat plush. Its really good.

AngusPodgorny
Jun 3, 2004

Please to be restful, it is only a puffin that has from the puffin place outbroken.
Clearly because Gubal lacks a minion drop.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Rhymenoserous posted:

Gubal HM takes no time at all though? A good tank/healer combo with good aoe dps can pull the whole thing in like 4-5 pulls. If he didn't have time for a dungeon then he shouldn't have queued.

Also Gubal is more fun.

Yeah. That's why I put the bullshit claim in my post. I find Gubal goes way faster and i was a bard and we had a decently geared BLM too. It made no sense. I ran it with my lovely Tank and it went super quick with a summoner and monk. Some people are just dumb.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

seiferguy posted:

Everyone hated Neverreap over Fractal in 3.0, but Neverreap still takes a shorter time to beat.
The only reason I hated Neverreap is that I somehow managed to get it five times out of six every week.

e: actually that's a lie I forgot about the pubbies loving up the statues on the second boss

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Neverreap might have been shorter in reality, but man i hated the boss with the stupid totems and the final boss and his stupid tornados.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!

The Black Stones posted:

All else being equal the queue should prioritize assigning you to an in progress group over a new group, as I understand it. The hitch I
Seenin your situation is that when you left the group they were then down a tank AND a DPS. The queue's goal is to get groups rolling, and probably saw that it could get a group rolling by assigning you to a team that was only lacking a tank, as opposed to assigning you to a group that would have you still waiting for another DPS.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Is the gap because first boss goes invincible or because the random crappy elevators and doors and drawbridges separate the pulls more than Gubal?

Probably both. Xelphatol has a lot of forced baby pulls while Gubal has only one right at the end, immediately following a mega pull of nearly Brayflox levels.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

If you ask me, Gubal HM is a strong contender for best dungeon of Heavensward.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Better queue for a dungeon even though I have work in less than 12 minutes, apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Fister Roboto posted:

If you ask me, Gubal HM is a strong contender for best dungeon of Heavensward.

For me, it's between that and the Arboretum. Both have fantastic music, cool aesthetics, decent boss mechanics, and the ability to do some big pulls. Gubal has better final boss music, but Arboretum has the best glamour drops (nope, not biased about this at all).

• Locked thread