Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

St Evan Echoes posted:

Is this real, please tell me this is real

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/joey-barton-stormed-out-rangers-9224185

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

brocked posted:

"[Joey] Barton stormed out of the club's training complex on Thursday, clutching a state-of-the-art coffee machine that he had previously gifted to the first team squad."

Lmao

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

brocked posted:

"[Joey] Barton stormed out of the club's training complex on Thursday, clutching a state-of-the-art coffee machine that he had previously gifted to the first team squad."

St Evan Echoes posted:

Is this real, please tell me this is real

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

amazing

remember when joey barton ragequit a football manager game because he kept getting into arguments with his in-game self

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

wrong thread

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
As an American I'm delighted Donald Trump has got in, and was hoping for Boris Johnson here in England over the secret war monger May. And this sport was orginally called "soccer" not football. Yes I live in England but I still call it soccer because that what it is.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

He's gone!

http://bbc.in/2emmk76

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

jyrka posted:

Would you consider a sister's ex-boyfriend being part of the family?

Given Johnson's dad turned out to support him at the trial, yeah.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Given Johnson's dad turned out to support him at the trial, yeah.

Huh?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

He is saying that Adam Johnson's father was at the trial in support of Adam Johnson's sister's ex-boyfriend, therefore the ex-boyfriend is part of the Johnson family.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

vyelkin posted:

He is saying that Adam Johnson's father was at the trial in support of Adam Johnson's sister's ex-boyfriend, therefore the ex-boyfriend is part of the Johnson family.

That doesn't make him family but w/e.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Wrong thread

Loving Africa Chaps fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Nov 11, 2016

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Weaponized Cum posted:

As an American I'm delighted Donald Trump has got in, and was hoping for Boris Johnson here in England over the secret war monger May. And this sport was orginally called "soccer" not football. Yes I live in England but I still call it soccer because that what it is.

I was also once an American living in the UK and whenever I said "football" people would ask "which one, our football or your football?" So I just said "soccer" instead which was answered with "call it football."

You can't win.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Kick Nonces Out:

It isn’t easy sitting opposite Andy Woodward and hearing, close up, the unspeakable horrors of his childhood and the reasons why, at the age of 43, he finally feels able to tell his story and free himself from the secret – “the massive, horrible burden” – that has shaped his life.

It has been there since the age of 11 when a football-daft kid from a family of Manchester United supporters first came to the attention of the coach, scout and serial paedophile Barry Bennell and it is difficult even to contemplate how much Woodward has suffered before reaching this point where he has offered to waive his anonymity and speak publicly about it for the first time.

He is doing so in the belief there are many others – potentially hundreds, he says – who are living with their own secrets, given Bennell’s employment at Crewe Alexandra in the 1980s and 1990s and close association in the past with Stoke City and Manchester City, as well as junior teams in Derbyshire, Staffordshire, Cheshire and Greater Manchester.

Bennell was sentenced to nine years in prison in 1998 after admitting 23 specimen charges of sexual offences against six boys aged nine to 15. Woodward was among the victims at Crewe and knows of other former pros who were targeted. Many more, he suspects, never made it as professional footballers, whereas his own career, also featuring spells at Bury, Sheffield United and Scunthorpe United, ended at the age of 29 because he was unable to cope with the horrendous aftereffects of what he had to endure.

Woodward had to fake an injury during one game because he was having the kind of panic attack that became a regular feature in his career. He has been suicidal “on probably 10 occasions”. He has spent his professional life battling depression and anxiety, and is haunted by what a man who described himself in legal proceedings as a “monster” told him about some of the other victims.

“My life has been ruined until the age of 43,” Woodward says. “But how many others are there? I’m talking about hundreds of children who Barry Bennell cherry-picked for various football teams and who now, as adults, might still be living with that awful fear.

“We’ve seen with the Jimmy Savile case how people have had the courage, yet I’d say within the football world it’s even harder to speak out. Only now, at the age of 43, I feel I can actually live without that secret and that massive, horrible burden. I want to get it out and give other people an opportunity to do the same. I want to give people strength. I survived it. I lost my career, which was a massive thing for me, but I’m still here. I came through the other side. Other people can have that strength.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/nov/16/andy-woodward

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/2193...-wedding-party/

lmao

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
mods rename me:

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Weaponized Cum posted:

mods rename me:

Cunty Watermark?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
the sun have been successful in getting players banned from nights out while on international duty even if there are no more matches

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

The Sun is a loving plague.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Corrode posted:

The Sun is a loving plague.
http://www.thesun.ie/irishsol/homepage/showbiz/irishbizarre/461713/Wayne-Rooney-Takes-GCSEs-and-learns-guitar-Educating-Rooney.html

quote:

Wayne Rooney is going all intellectual - by studying for his GCSE exams in English and Maths. The football star takes regular lessons at home with a private tutor - and is also learning to play the guitar. It is the latest proof that Manchester United and England striker Rooney, 22, is turning into a bit of a TOFF

"Learning basic and/or useful skills is for posh wankers" - the Sun

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Don't buy The Sun.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Finland and CSKA Moscow's Roman Eremenko has been banned for two years after he tested positive for (wait for it) cocaine following the Leverkusen - CSKA game.

I guess nose day came early for him!

http://yle.fi/uutiset/osasto/news/eremenko_banned_for_2_years_over_positive_cocaine_test/9301914

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
lol what an idiot, cant belieive the original story was that it was snus...

cska is hosed, dude was very very good for them

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

His lawyer is claiming the cocaine ended up in his system "by accident" and through some way they just can't explain.

Well I guess you gotta at least TRY.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
2 years for coke is outrageous.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
How long did Mutu play professionally after they found that 90% of his body was made of cocaine anyway? It was a long time, that's for sure.

e: His ban was 7 months lol

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Bea Nanner posted:

2 years for coke is outrageous.
:same: it should be 90 days max imo

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Nothing wrong with a little bump and grind imo

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Nothing wrong with a little bump and grind imo

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
Not sure if this belongs here or the puff pieces thread, but

20 years ago today
http://thelab.bleacherreport.com/finding-ali-dia/

On Nov. 23, 1996, Ali Dia appeared as a substitute for Southampton in a Premier League match. Deemed out of his depth by his manager Graeme Souness, he was substituted before full-time. Soon after, Dia was released by the club and accused of perpetrating the most sensational scam in football history.

In the two decades since, the legend of Ali Dia has grown with every telling. The man has become a punchline. His name has become synonymous with terrible performances, terrible transfer signings and sporting dishonesty.

But the real story of Ali Dia has never been told. And the man himself has never shared his version of events. Until now.

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

ultrabindu posted:

Not sure if this belongs here or the puff pieces thread, but

20 years ago today
http://thelab.bleacherreport.com/finding-ali-dia/

On Nov. 23, 1996, Ali Dia appeared as a substitute for Southampton in a Premier League match. Deemed out of his depth by his manager Graeme Souness, he was substituted before full-time. Soon after, Dia was released by the club and accused of perpetrating the most sensational scam in football history.

In the two decades since, the legend of Ali Dia has grown with every telling. The man has become a punchline. His name has become synonymous with terrible performances, terrible transfer signings and sporting dishonesty.

But the real story of Ali Dia has never been told. And the man himself has never shared his version of events. Until now.

I love it, was trying find the right place to post this but I'm glad I saw him play

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/nov/23/spain-public-prosecutor-calls-neymar-prison-sentence-two-years

quote:

Spain’s public prosecutor has called for Barcelona’s Neymar to be sent to prison for two years for his part in a corruption case over his transfer from Brazilian club Santos to the La Liga champions in 2013.

Judge José Perals also called for a five-year sentence for the former Barcelona president Sandro Rosell and a fine of €8.4m (£7.1m) for the club, but called for charges against the current president, Josep Maria Bartomeu, to be dropped.

The case stems from a complaint by the Brazilian investment group DIS, which owned 40% of Neymar’s transfer rights and which alleges it received less money than it was entitled to as Barcelona concealed the real transfer fee.

Barcelona have been engulfed in legal troubles over Neymar’s transfer since 2013. Rosell resigned as the club’s president in 2014 for his role in the affair and testified in court in February alongside Bartomeu, Neymar and Neymar’s father.

The club struck a deal with prosecutors in June to settle a separate case and paid a €5.5m (£4.7m) fine and avoided trial on charges of tax evasion over the transfer.

Barcelona thought they had brought the affair to a close when judge José de la Mata archived the case in June, although Spain’s public prosecutor successfully overturned the ruling in September, allowing the case to proceed.

lol

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

fifa is losing the plot

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/nov/23/welsh-football-association-charged-fifa-spectators-wearing-poppies

quote:

The Football Association of Wales has announced it has been charged by Fifa over supporters wearing poppies in the crowd during the match against Serbia.

Fifa on Wednesday opened disciplinary proceedings against Wales and Northern Ireland in relation to their acts of remembrance at World Cup qualifiers against Serbia and Azerbaijan respectively. Both the FAW and the Irish Football Association have vowed to contest the charges they face.

But the FAW has gone further by detailing the incidents Fifa has confirmed it is investigating, which include the fact of “some supporters in the stands wearing the poppy”.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
If FIFA get rid of those dumb loving poppies, they will at last do something good for the world.

atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM
Move the international window to mid December instead of mid November and save us all from the annual poppy argument.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Things that FIFA is a-ok with: slavery, racism, homophobia, extortion, tax evasion

Things that are not ok: Non-approved advertising, political statements that aren't "look how wonderful my totalitarian regime is"

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Der Shovel posted:

His lawyer is claiming the cocaine ended up in his system "by accident" and through some way they just can't explain.

Well I guess you gotta at least TRY.

Depending how much he took there's precedent for athletes finding crazy excuses to get out of coke tests

quote:

In May 2009, Gasquet was provisionally suspended after testing positive for cocaine. Traces of the drug were found in his urine sample.[6] In July 2009, he was cleared to return to competitive tennis after a tribunal found that "the cocaine entered his system through inadvertent contamination in a nightclub". Gasquet suggested that the cocaine entered his system after he kissed a woman in a nightclub. The tribunal stated that the quantity of cocaine detected in Gasquet's sample was "very small, about the size of a grain of salt".[7]

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

top of the league

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/2016/11/24/newcastle-united-top-list-football-banning-orders-wolves-plymouth/

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Kinda surprised Stoke isn't on the list. The club did aggressively try to prune away N40 members from the games though, seems to have worked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

There's a forums poster on that list