Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

logikv9 posted:

You guys are doing it again!!

Oh no! Doing what? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

logikv9 posted:

I'm torn because vote recounts provide that 1% hope that I can wake up from this dream but at the same time jesus christ it makes you look bad and whiny

Sore/Loserman 2000

Only if you're a Democrat. See one "Pat McCrory."

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

GlyphGryph posted:

Oh no! Doing what? :ohdear:

meh I was too late

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Aurubin posted:

Only if you're a Democrat. See one "Pat McCrory."

republicans have no shame

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

logikv9 posted:

republicans have no shame

so why should we. gently caress em

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
we live in a post shame america, get out yer dicks

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Fullhouse posted:

so why should we. gently caress em

My thoughts too

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

logikv9 posted:

I'm torn because vote recounts provide that 1% hope that I can wake up from this dream but at the same time jesus christ it makes you look bad and whiny

Sore/Loserman 2000

If the recount shows that actually Hillary Won, we should give the presidency to a neutral third-party because the well has been too polluted. Obviously it would need to be someone of high status within government so we don't have a critical knowledge gap during this time of crisis, but we can't be partisan in who gets it. I think a Senator would be good. I wonder who we could pick....

pre:
King A. - I - ME
Sanders B. - I - VT 

ate shit on live tv has issued a correction as of 19:44 on Nov 23, 2016

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

republicans learned long ago the secret that the way to maintain your dignity when doing something shameful is to a. Say yer not doin it b. Accuse your opponent of doing it c. If backed into a corner saying "who gives a poo poo, im rich and busy motherfucker"

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Al! posted:

republicans learned long ago the secret that the way to maintain your dignity when doing something shameful is to a. Say yer not doin it b. Accuse your opponent of doing it c. If backed into a corner saying "who gives a poo poo, im rich and busy motherfucker"

That didn't work for the Clinton though.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

it seems like the best way to avoid being publicly shamed for something is to needle trump into a minor twitter feud so that the media is unable to talk about anything else

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Powercrazy posted:

That didn't work for the Clinton though.

no she did the opposite, she took responsibility for the emails and apologized. All teh libs applauded but she shouldnt have taken the high road

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Al! posted:

we live in a post shame america, get out yer dicks

I'm way ahead of you.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Al! posted:

no she did the opposite, she took responsibility for the emails and apologized. All teh libs applauded but she shouldnt have taken the high road

That was after she had tried everything else. Guess her weathervane politics finally caught up to her.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Al! posted:

Yeah being forced to apologize because of media attention isn't really considered taking responsibility. When she first came under fire for it she pulled the same "buhhh...buhhh....Colin Powell did it!" Which basically just echoed her earlier stance of "well, I'll show my transcripts when everyone else does."

Colin Powell posted:

"Sad thing it that HRC could have killed this two years ago by merely telling everyone honestly what she had done and not tie me into it. I told her staff three times not to try that gambit. I had to throw a mini tantrum at a Hampston's party to get their attention. She keeps tripping into these "character" minefields.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/jmilescoleman/status/801496633649360896

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
I'm probably risking sounding tinfoil hatish, but I would definitely not be surprised if there was/will be an active astroturfing campaign to try and discredit Sanders and economic populism using a false dichotomy of class vs _____ (race, gender, etc.). There's a lot of people invested in the DNC who don't want to see fair wages, real corporate tax reform etc.

I also noticed people who pit Sanders class-view as somehow unable to coexist with racial justice or de-prioritizing it never really offer their alternate solutions to addressing social issues.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Ace of Baes posted:

I'm probably risking sounding tinfoil hatish, but I would definitely not be surprised if there was/will be an active astroturfing campaign to try and discredit Sanders and economic populism using a false dichotomy of class vs _____ (race, gender, etc.). There's a lot of people invested in the DNC who don't want to see fair wages, real corporate tax reform etc.

I also noticed people who pit Sanders class-view as somehow unable to coexist with racial justice or de-prioritizing it never really offer their alternate solutions to addressing social issues.

Yea. But it's not tinfoil, Hillary straight up said as much during the general election, in addition where did the "berniebro" narrative come from? Also why does every single one of Clinton's policies include exclusionary language and impossible to fulfill restrictions on any of her economic stimulus? Most importantly, who does wealth redistribution hurt the most? It's coastal "liberals."

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

LinYutang posted:

I have several friends who went to elite east coast prep schools + ivy leagues and their grieving process is continuing unabated, they are apparently working through their pain by sharing guardian/slate thinkpieces about how Hillary Did Nothing Wrong

This baffles me I live in the ivory tower and we all p much agreed quickly what she did wrong

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Ace of Baes posted:

I don't think astroturf will be necessary. My twitter feed is a daily serving of people seemingly-purposefully misconstruing Bernie Sanders' statements as a form of hatred for minorities.

He kind of plays into it, sadly by merely speaking the truth. When he said it wasn't good enough to be a woman, that you need to be someone who resists corruption and fights for the interests of the working class, I knew when I got home I'd see a bunch of people whinging about how he's moving the goalposts and holding minorities to a higher standard than other politicians and that's exactly what I saw.

These people would rather die holding on to their misplaced sense of righteous contempt than even admit that there might be more than one problem facing America today, and they'll kill the rest of us doing it.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Powercrazy posted:

Yea. But it's not tinfoil, Hillary straight up said as much during the general election, in addition where did the "berniebro" narrative come from? Also why does every single one of Clinton's policies include exclusionary language and impossible to fulfill restrictions on any of her economic stimulus? Most importantly, who does wealth redistribution hurt the most? It's coastal "liberals."

Hillary and her surrogates used the same accusations of sexism attacks against Bernie, they used to discredit Senator Obama.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I swear, it's almost enough to drive me to accelerationism. I can't do anything about these self-destructive assholes and I'd almost rather lean in to the whole mess.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
A week after the election I got into an argument with a private college liberal who was 100% sure that Clinton only lost because of Racism and Misogyny and it was so close that the best bet forward was pouring more money into ads in the rust belt.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

100 degrees Calcium posted:

I don't think astroturf will be necessary. My twitter feed is a daily serving of people seemingly-purposefully misconstruing Bernie Sanders' statements as a form of hatred for minorities.

Necessary? Probably not. Will it happen anyway? Well it certainly seems to have, so probably?

Unless you're going to argue Democrats would never spend money on something that was not actually needed or helpful and would make them look bad if it got covered by the news.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

I swear, it's almost enough to drive me to accelerationism. I can't do anything about these self-destructive assholes and I'd almost rather lean in to the whole mess.

welcome

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Just do what you can, especially on the local level. This price of progress is our time.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Powercrazy posted:

Just do what you can, especially on the local level. This price of progress is our time.

You're right. I'm just tired and frustrated, and it's still so early. Thank you. :patriot:

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
Remember when twitter got mad at a 74 year old Jewish man who's family died in the Holocaust for using the word ghetto?

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I think I should probably delete my twitter account and I don't know live in a cave or something.

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum

logikv9 posted:

You guys are doing it again!!

a goon who ignores their own cobbing is doomed to repeat it

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/801511128434147333

Uh... okay? :shrug:

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

One thing to take solace in is that faux-cial justice liberals don't really get out and vote, apparently.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i guess he's ok with the masochism part

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

bump_fn posted:

This baffles me I live in the ivory tower and we all p much agreed quickly what she did wrong

You and your friends aren't cultists.

We're all accelerationists now. The Trump administration will be the most vulgar realization of capitalism possible, short of a total fascist takeover.

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

Turns out you need to campaign for white peoples vote!

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

One thing to take solace in is that faux-cial justice liberals don't really get out and vote, apparently.

I think the real lesson is that they vote very well, but they all live in four cities in dark-blue states and thus don't matter at all on a national level

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Liberals are trying to claim Keith is too Muslim to be DNC chair. He's practically forced to make these kind of statements.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Ace of Baes posted:

Thas not tinfoilery its literally what neoliberals do. Just look at how they try to suggest Jeremy Corbyn is a nazi.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

I think that's the astroturfing, though. Democratic Thought Leaders, in the form of blog posts, distribute talking points and the wannabe pundit facebook class reads these pieces, accepts them unconditionally, and repeats them so as to seem like the Very Serious People they idealize.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

you can read all about it in my next book, The Liberal Conspiracy Against Bernie, 2017, Bantam Press $12.00 US $16.00 CAD

• Locked thread