Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ok, if I keep at it and work hard, maybe, just MAYBE, I can unlock Strange by the end of the event

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Well, now they just added Cthulhu Widow and Dweller in the Darkness, also Mordo.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

For some reason all of the items that give you stuff gave me stuff today, including the ones for all the expired events (like the stuff you get from pets and statues to unlock characters).

...And the hawkeye statue that spits out shards gave me 30 as well

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They broke some of the villain cells and the fix apparently meant refreshing everything.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Ah I was hoping they'd do something that lets you use your out of date widgets.

I am honestly surprised Doctor Voodoo is the last character in this.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

twistedmentat posted:

Ah I was hoping they'd do something that lets you use your out of date widgets.

I am honestly surprised Doctor Voodoo is the last character in this.
Wong still needs to be released

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

Has Hawkeye been walking around on the steps this whole event, or is that new?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's either new or nobody noticed it until today.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Pretty sure he's new.

I still haven't unlocked Hulk yet because there's been too many events.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.

twistedmentat posted:

Pretty sure he's new.

I still haven't unlocked Hulk yet because there's been too many events.

I've decided I'm not gonna try to move the story forward until I clear out all the mini event tasks first. I'm hoping that when GotG 2 rolls around next year they reopen up Yondu and Nebula to non-hilarious amounts of credits upgrades, but I'm still working on the British Invasion tasks over here...

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I failed all the British Invasion tasks so I didn't get Union Jack or Captain Britain. The game will probably roll into a Xmas Event soon after the Strange event ends. Curious what the theme was, MAA always did something involving Asgard, so maybe, Valkyrie, Angela? Warriors Three?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Well, there's this:
https://www.reddit.com/r/avengersacademygame/comments/5ekolm/spoilers_jane_thor_is_dat_you/

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

twistedmentat posted:

I failed all the British Invasion tasks so I didn't get Union Jack or Captain Britain. The game will probably roll into a Xmas Event soon after the Strange event ends. Curious what the theme was, MAA always did something involving Asgard, so maybe, Valkyrie, Angela? Warriors Three?

They mentioned that the next event's going to be A Force in the most recent news article, and between Aphrodite's link, all the Angela hints and all the comments about Malekith and the Cask of Winters we've been getting for months it's probably going to be Asgard-themed.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
One of the most annoying part of these events is building up your resources for the minions guarding the boss, then the boss changes and you're stuck with a bunch of pretty much useless books and spirits.

Oh, Wong's here. Hey Wong. You were cool in the movie.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Gnome de plume posted:

One of the most annoying part of these events is building up your resources for the minions guarding the boss, then the boss changes and you're stuck with a bunch of pretty much useless books and spirits.

Oh, Wong's here. Hey Wong. You were cool in the movie.

I like his hawaiian shirt. It's not as nice as the Ancient Ones sandals and socks. My problem is not having enough guys to defeat the guards, then when waiting for the ones i need to be crafted, the ones i already defeated have come back.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
Is there any Goon Alliance for Contest of Champions? I've just started playing but got a few heroes that seem pretty good like Jane Foster Thor.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

In Academy there's a mini-event for A-Bomb, Rulk and Pepper going on for the next week.

And they added the Mockingbird daily login rewards. Some coins and shards, then on day 7 you get her for free.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
This design for Mockingbird is cute as gently caress.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The traditional event interview is up: https://news.marvel.com/games/56237/malekith-brings-eternal-winter-marvel-avengers-academy/

tldr:
It's Malekith, Frost Giants, Asgardian stuff and the Casket of Ancient Winters. It's going to give the whole game a winter theme
Captain Marvel, America Chavez, She-Hulk, Singulaity, Angela and Jane Foster confirmed
Lady Loki costume confirmed
Sif will be recruitable again, as well as other female characters from past events
The costume theme is fantasy classes, like rogue, paladin etc. Spider-Woman is mentioned as getting one. They mention 6 examples, "and more"
A combat mechanic and what sounds like the Skycycle trip mechanic from the Spidey event are in

And they tease Ultron and Hawkeye for afterwards.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Fuuuuckkkkk. Gonna end up buying all the Premium characters if they're, as I suspect Angela, America and Singularity. Jane, Captain Marvel and She Hulk are too high profile to not be normal recruitables.

Only A-force member missing is Dazzler, which is sad, but haven't they said mutants will start appearing in games again next year?

I wonder if an Ultron event will be related to AoU so we'll finally get Wanda and Pietro?

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Dec 6, 2016

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

Fuuuuckkkkk. Gonna end up buying all the Premium characters if they're, as I suspect Angela, America and Singularity. Jane, Captain Marvel and She Hulk are too high profile to not be normal recruitables.

Only A-force member missing is Dazzler, which is sad, but haven't they said mutants will start appearing in games again next year?

Yeah you're hosed, better call in those Christmas gifts early.

They haven't said anything for sure. They just hinted at Xavier's school, and the Marvel Games guy posted a "Marvel Games loves the X-Men!" reaction to the Resurrextion announcement.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
So. Eight event characters, only one of which is a premium character from a previous event (all of which I want), plus a way to get characters from previous events (all of which I want, since the events I skipped had a lot of cool ladies), plus a bunch of costumes, which probably means they're going to have more weekly costume crates a la the Halloween event (which I refuse to spend shards on, but I'll probably want both the costumes and the late-game rewards with annoyingly high costs that I'll probably need the costumes for). As a F2P player, this event is going to hurt.

Also, let me say this: If any of the new characters are in a box or get locked behind annoyingly hard unlock requirements, I'll be mad but I'd understand given the sheer amount of stuff in this event. If Lady Loki is premium or stuck behind any unlock requirements harder than Cap-Wolf's, I am never going to forgive TinyCo.

twistedmentat posted:

I wonder if an Ultron event will be related to AoU so we'll finally get Wanda and Pietro?

They've hinted at adding mutants in various places, but they haven't said anything definite so far. I personally thought this would be a good event to add Dazzler in, since Marvel's starting to properly promote mutants again and she's both cool enough to be worth getting and minor enough to not fit better in a different event, but if they're adding this many characters she's an easy cut.

It seems pretty easy to put Wanda and Pietro into an Ultron event, yeah. Even if they don't go full AoU with it, they have an association because of the movie and there's no good place to slide them in otherwise unless they do some kind of Brotherhood of Evil Mutants event.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Marvel might want to make Ressurextion an actual event across their games like they do with movie releases too.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The only two major games that lack mutants is Academy and Future Fight, Unless there's some other one that came out without me noticing, and i'm not counting Tsum Tsum.

Event is up, you need to get every costume and character from the even to get Captain Marvel. Not including the crystal only characters, but in this, who doesn't want every one? Singularity is way to adorable.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Dec 9, 2016

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I swear getting all the degrees for Thor is taking a long as getting an actual medical degree. (not really, but it's taking forever, I've had everything else for a full day so far and i'm only half way to get the degrees).

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I need 14 more. I have a 6 hour mission for 10 I just started, so should have it today. But probably late, since they're always long missions.

On the other hand I've only had like 1 gold chest this whole time so I have very few maps for the costume.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I just bit the bullet and paid for the rest of her once I got a decent amount of degrees

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

achillesforever6 posted:

I just bit the bullet and paid for the rest of her once I got a decent amount of degrees

Her cost doesn't seem to go down with the number of degrees you get.

Unless you mean you insta-finished some missions?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I have an 8 degree mission right now that will take 6 hours, but that will still leave me 4 short so hopefully I'll get something shorter next. I have enought ornaments to level Shulk to level 2, but I think I might need them for something else.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jane needs 8/12/16/20 ornaments to level up. Her costume needs none.

She-Hulk rank 3 is currently gated by an unknown source.

Once you're done recruiting, the only other current thing requiring ornaments is the She-Hulk car decoration.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
Having the Paladin Thor drops rely 100% on RNG is some hot garbage, especially since it's apparently the only way she'll be able to do the future boss fights...

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

GLOSS posted:

Having the Paladin Thor drops rely 100% on RNG is some hot garbage, especially since it's apparently the only way she'll be able to do the future boss fights...

I have She-Hulk and I only had 42 at the beginning of the day. And not many more now.

I've seen other people without her but better luck talking about being at 60.

It looks so cool too.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm close but not close enough to be comfortable with it. Shelling out for Shulk was a good idea, though I really hope the next part starts soon, I have basically done everything other than Paladin Thor.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It will start tomorrow somewhere between midnight and 1am Eastern.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Apparently there was another glitch so they just gave everyone 50 Iron Ore.

The day after I bought She Hulk to speed things along but what can you do

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The time it takes to heal your characters after fighting says 2 hours after beating them, but when you come back its now 6. It's really weird, and annoying as poo poo because its hard to fight Malekith 4x in a 24 hour period.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

This took me a minute to wrap my head around this morning

I'm in Canada

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Retro Futurist posted:

This took me a minute to wrap my head around this morning

I'm in Canada

Hah, I was confused as well.

I have Angela, so I have about 4 days to unlock Carol, which I hope isn't full of more tinyco bullshit collecting because gently caress.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

All you need for her is 4 helmets from her space station and 10k cash or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Aphrodite posted:

All you need for her is 4 helmets from her space station and 10k cash or so.

Ah good, as I'm about 20 minutes from the space station and nearly 100k in Odincoin.

• Locked thread